PDA

View Full Version : SN...offered a fan a sip from her wine glass...

Livia
05-14-2008, 10:29 AM
The first time I ever heard a firsthand report of a rock show was from my science teacher, a bitter, overtanned thirtysomething who had just seen Fleetwood Mac and thought it was so amazing how Stevie Nicks, mystical shawl billowing, had walked over to the edge of the stage and offered a fan a sip from her wineglass. Wine. Typical. It made complete sense. The biggest-selling rock album of 1977, Rumours, was produced by rich, luxuriating hippie sophisticates who cavorted like sprites and nymphs and sipped chardonnay.

http://www.spin.com/articles/1977-year-punk-exploded

michelej1
05-14-2008, 12:26 PM
Fast forward to the more health conscious era of today, where Stevie dons gloves before the Edge Walk. You know what gets me about the gloves is that Stevie then goes over to the back up singers and touches them all over with the dirty gloves. So, she's protected, but they're not.

Actually, that bothers me in day to day life. Restaurant workers wear gloves to protect your food, but then they DO everything with the gloves, so it's the same as if they were touching my food with their hands.

Michele

Phoenix
05-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Fast forward to the more health conscious era of today, where Stevie dons gloves before the Edge Walk. You know what gets me about the gloves is that Stevie then goes over to the back up singers and touches them all over with the dirty gloves. So, she's protected, but they're not.

Actually, that bothers me in day to day life. Restaurant workers wear gloves to protect your food, but then they DO everything with the gloves, so it's the same as if they were touching my food with their hands.

Michele

OMG. I think about this ALL the time.:laugh::wavey:

Phoenix
05-14-2008, 12:34 PM
The first time I ever heard a firsthand report of a rock show was from my science teacher, a bitter, overtanned thirtysomething who had just seen Fleetwood Mac and thought it was so amazing how Stevie Nicks, mystical shawl billowing, had walked over to the edge of the stage and offered a fan a sip from her wineglass. Wine. Typical. It made complete sense. The biggest-selling rock album of 1977, Rumours, was produced by rich, luxuriating hippie sophisticates who cavorted like sprites and nymphs and sipped chardonnay.

http://www.spin.com/articles/1977-year-punk-exploded

EVERYTHING about this paragraph is amusing.:lol:

HejiraNYC
05-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Ewww... so now we all know how Mama came down with Epstein Barr. :eek:

SandyMac
05-16-2008, 05:04 PM
I honestly don't know what the deal is with those gloves. I mean it really can't just be to avoid germs, etc...she wore them for the Ellen Show taping. :shrug:

petep9000
05-16-2008, 05:45 PM

Michele

That reminds me of when I was a teenager, I worked in a deli and they had instituted a gloves policy. Some of my coworkers kept the same awful slimy gloves on all day. I refused to wear them because I am so fastidious with hand washing and any other kind of hand washing. We had a suggestion box, and my boss showed me a suggestion that a customer wrote which said something like "I'd rather have my sandwhich made by that skinny kid who keeps washing his hands than the lady who's gloves are covered with mayo."

BombaySapphire3
05-16-2008, 08:15 PM
I honestly don't know what the deal is with those gloves. I mean it really can't just be to avoid germs, etc...she wore them for the Ellen Show taping. :shrug:

She 's 60 years old..and like my mama always said if all else fails you can always tell a woman's age by looking at her hands.

michelej1
05-16-2008, 09:51 PM

If they're just for decoration, then I could see lace gloves like she has worn in the past. But why wear hot leather gloves when you're doing an outdoor concert in 90 degree weather? It's like she's concealing the mark of the devil in her palm or something.

I refused to wear them because I am so fastidious with hand washing and any other kind of hand washing.[

I also don't like it when the same server who clears away dirty dishes, full of half eaten food, is the one who brings you the fresh food. Yeah, paranoid.

Michele

SandyMac
05-16-2008, 10:27 PM
She 's 60 years old..and like my mama always said if all else fails you can always tell a woman's age by looking at her hands.

Yeah, I know, the same thought has occurred to me to. But sometimes she is not wearing gloves (confused), but I guess during the Edge walk, it is up close. But still think some lighter gloves could do the same thing. Who knows. :shrug:

CADreaming
05-17-2008, 10:07 AM

Not Stevie's. La Mer creme has worked miracles for her skin. Look how smooth her hand is - very young looking...

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/2606/snnnra7.jpg

HejiraNYC
05-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Not Stevie's. La Mer creme has worked miracles for her skin. Look how smooth her hand is - very young looking...

Um... I don't think anyone was looking at her hands...

michelej1
05-17-2008, 12:16 PM

Maybe she puts La Mer on her breasts too. Hands aren't the only thing that reflect a woman's age.

Michele

SandyMac
05-17-2008, 01:59 PM
I know her hair is tucked in under her collar, but I would scream so loud and cringe the day (hope this never comes), that she gets a short hair cut.

Phoenix
05-17-2008, 04:16 PM
I know her hair is tucked in under her collar, but I would scream so loud and cringe the day (hope this never comes), that she gets a short hair cut.

I KNOW. It will be like what i consider to be the most frightening scene from rosemarry's baby, where they do the slow....CREEPY close up of the door ..... to reveal...........MIA FARROW WITH FREAKISHLY SHORT HAIR! :lol:aaaaaaaahhhhhhh
THe Horror! the Horror! and she says " I've BEEEEEN To Vidal Sasssooon!!!!

(Im sorry, this is just on right now, and that part made me jump. OH the baby with the devil u ask? No, the shocking haircut.:shocked:)

RoseGarden
05-17-2008, 05:03 PM
:laugh:Um... I don't think anyone was looking at her hands... Ha Ha Ha!!!:laugh:

michelej1
05-17-2008, 07:08 PM

I would hate that too, but I think that was most likely in the past. I think now she would definitely keep it longer, because the length elongates the face. Michele

CADreaming
05-17-2008, 09:25 PM

Maybe she puts La Mer on her breasts too. Hands aren't the only thing that reflect a woman's age.

Michele

LOL!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

UndoingTheLaces
05-18-2008, 10:52 PM
Um... maybe she just likes gloves. :o

GlennGlenn
05-21-2008, 11:33 AM

Or their neck???

michelej1
05-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Or their neck???

That's true. Stevie's neck still looks great. There are some women who had to resort to wearing scarves 24/7 because their necks began to sag and that's not a place where it's easy for exercise to help you regain the elasticity.

Michele

BTFLCHLD
05-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I am just thankful she took my advice and 86d the garish red polish. :thumbsup:

GlennGlenn
05-22-2008, 02:50 PM
I am just thankful she took my advice and 86d the garish red polish. :thumbsup:

I met her Stevieness personally and got to shake her ungloved hand about 6 years ago when she was promoting TISL. My cousin who is the head guy at a Chicago station called me, said" get your ass down here NOW" and said that she was there for a promotion. I met her, surprised with how "short " she was and she shook my hand (ungloved of course). I have to admit, her skin and face were flawless (soft as if the kisses of the sun never touched them). There wasn't any tanning going on there. What was even more remarkable to me was how soft her hand was. It was more than just an Edge walk shake, so I got a good feel and it was white, almost pale and very soft. She likes to look you in the eye when she shakes hands and holds on, not a perfunctory thing. Obviously this Creme de la mer or whatever it is is working wonders because her skin is mondo fab. Her neck looked great too (so that sorta threw me off since thats the first area I look at ). It was nice to meet her, no entourage, no pretense, just her and I.

As an aside, she personalized a poster for me from TISL which sits in my office till this day. She even did the famous flying heart for me. Oh, by the way, at that time, she was probably 53-54 and was very beautiful. Almost shy when you meet her.

BTFLCHLD
05-22-2008, 03:11 PM
What was even more remarkable to me was how soft her hand was.
Yes, no doubt, the softest hands ever...2nd only to Lindsey.
Tiny little one...so cute in her boots to give her some inches.

michelej1
05-22-2008, 03:36 PM

Hmmm. Are Lindsey's hands soft? I thought they might be a bit calloused. Well, that's nice to know.

Michele

michelej1
05-22-2008, 03:39 PM
I have to admit, her skin and face were flawless (soft as if the kisses of the sun never touched them). There wasn't any tanning going on there.

You know what surprises me is how she never sweats, not even at the shed shows in the summer. She's under hot lights and she's wearing heavy clothes and you never see even a hint of moisture. I know that face powder helps, but is it really THAT good? I mean, even with the back up singers you can see a little moisture at the temples, but never with Stevie these days.

Michele

GlennGlenn
05-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Hmmm. Are Lindsey's hands soft? I thought they might be a bit calloused. Well, that's nice to know.

Michele

Headquarters/The BOSS told me that his hands were small and calloused (his finger picking hand) when she shaked it at Soundstage in Chicago. I dont know, I didnt shake his hand. I was too busy asking for the printed set-list (which I got) under neath his feet.

Glenn

jannieC
05-22-2008, 04:00 PM
You know what surprises me is how she never sweats, not even at the shed shows in the summer. She's under hot lights and she's wearing heavy clothes and you never see even a hint of moisture. I know that face powder helps, but is it really THAT good? I mean, even with the back up singers you can see a little moisture at the temples, but never with Stevie these days.

Michele

I've heard that older people (my mother) don't perspire as much. Maybe that's the secret? She (Stevie) used to sweat a lot back in the day. :shrug:

michelej1
05-22-2008, 05:43 PM
I've heard that older people (my mother) don't perspire as much. Maybe that's the secret? She (Stevie) used to sweat a lot back in the day. :shrug:

But Mick and Lindsey still sweat buckets! I don't know about John. He's got this vest and a hat on. He ought to be sweating.

Michele

David
05-22-2008, 05:54 PM
That's true. Stevie's neck still looks great. There are some women who had to resort to wearing scarves 24/7 because their necks began to sag and that's not a place where it's easy for exercise to help you regain the elasticity.Michele, try pullups using an underhand (supinated) or overhand (pronated) grip. Keep "kipping" (swinging legs to increase momentum) to an absolute minimum. Keep the upward & downward movements slow & steady, so that the neck itself (as well as the lats) strains & bulges.

Do this two to three times per week, working up to supporting your entire body weight. Work to fatigue on each set.

http://www.charmaineyoest.com/uploads/usmc_pullups_jun2000.JPG

highwaywomen
05-22-2008, 06:02 PM
I met Stevie after the Reading, Pa show last month. I had always heard from fans that her hands were soft, but I was not expecting them to feel like silk! Very soft and smooth, especially compared to mine. LOL! I told my friend Gail, who was with me, that I wanted to know her secret and she said "She has people to do her dirty work for her," or something to that effect. So, no dish-pan hands on Stevie!

She looks really good up-close and she was sweating a little bit (it was right after she walked off stage). She certainly is not showing her age or the hard living that she once did. Her hair is just beautiful and I hope she never gets it cut! Mine is as long as hers is right now, and I haven't had mine cut in over 18 months. Unfortunately, I had it pulled back in a long, thick braid, as I do most days (it's hot with long hair in the summer).

GlennGlenn
05-22-2008, 06:05 PM
She looks really good up-close and she was sweating a little bit (it was right after she walked off stage). She certainly is not showing her age or the hard living that she once did. Her hair is just beautiful and I hope she never gets it cut! Mine is as long as hers is right now, and I haven't had mine cut in over 18 months. Unfortunately, I had it pulled back in a long, thick braid, as I do most days (it's hot with long hair in the summer).[/QUOTE]

Just out of interest, I was watching the Retake of Outside/Dreams from the Melbourne Symphony 2006 concert and saw that either the earrings were making her ears look big or she has BIG ears?? Just asking :):lol:

GlennGlenn
05-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Michele, try pullups using an underhand (supinated) or overhand (pronated) grip. Keep "kipping" (swinging legs to increase momentum) to an absolute minimum. Keep the upward & downward movements slow & steady, so that the neck itself (as well as the lats) strains & bulges.

Do this two to three times per week, working up to supporting your entire body weight. Work to fatigue on each set.

Good Point David, I'll try that!! Having any of that La Mer stuff too???? :]

highwaywomen
05-22-2008, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=GlennGlenn;756596
Just out of interest, I was watching the Retake of Outside/Dreams from the Melbourne Symphony 2006 concert and saw that either the earrings were making her ears look big or she has BIG ears?? Just asking :):lol:[/QUOTE]

I really couldn't say. Her hair was down and covering her ears - and I was in shock that she was standing in front of me!

michelej1
05-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Michele, try pullups using an underhand (supinated) or overhand (pronated) grip. Keep "kipping" (swinging legs to increase momentum) to an absolute minimum. Keep the upward & downward movements slow & steady, so that the neck itself (as well as the lats) strains & bulges.

David, I wasn't talking about myself just yet. I hope that my neck still has 20 good years left. I was referring to people like, let's say the late Lucille Ball, who wouldn't be caught dead without a scarf at the end. Would you recommend these exercises for her?

Also, regarding Glenn's observation about Stevie's abnormally large ears, do you think she could be Loretta Young and Clark Gable's illegitimate daughter?

Michele

GlennGlenn
05-23-2008, 03:02 PM
Go to Youtube and look at the vid, those are either an optical illusion or Dumbo has met his match!!! Not being mean, just making an observation!!

StreetAngel86
05-23-2008, 11:27 PM

whoever took this photo is my idol
i used to have it as my wallpaper

everthing it perfect
the hands. the boobs. the hair. {yes, i'd like the bob if she would cut it like that}

Mama's hands are very very soft
and very very creamy
and you would not think, looking just at her hands
they were of a 60 year old
her hands prob look better than mine
and i'm 25 and avoid the sun like the plague :D

StreetAngel86
05-23-2008, 11:32 PM
Tiny little one...so cute in her boots to give her some inches.

Linds is a La Mer convert as well?

:eek:

:lol: