PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Pages : 1 [2] 3

GardenStateGirlie
03-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by darklinensuit
It would be "Think of me, sweet darling, every time you don't feel really really good." :cool: Adjusted lyrics, remember?

- Jake

Ah, yes, that's right!

"Won't you come down to the tallgrass....and we'll go mow the lawn..." :laugh:

darklinensuit
03-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Ah, yes, that's right!

"Won't you come down to the tallgrass....and we'll go mow the lawn..." :laugh:

Tallgrass?
Mow the lawn?
Stop with the double entendres.:distress:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-24-2004, 09:26 PM
Tallgrass?
Mow the lawn?
Stop with the double entendres.:distress:

- Jake

Okay. So in my attempt to PG it up, I obviously NC-17'd. Whoops. :laugh:

GardenStateGirlie
03-24-2004, 09:29 PM
So, Matt is gone. Goodbye, Matt :wavey: Anyone know what next weeks theme is yet?? I think the next to go just might be Camille.

WelshWitchPMD
03-24-2004, 09:32 PM
So, Matt is gone. Goodbye, Matt :wavey: Anyone know what next weeks theme is yet?? I think the next to go just might be Camille.

I think I heard Motown was next week. I am not 100% sure. It might be an upcoming show but not next week.

wondergirl9847
03-25-2004, 12:21 AM
Someone who went to tonight's show reported back that it will be Motown next week.

cliffdweller
03-25-2004, 08:42 AM
So, Matt is gone. Goodbye, Matt :wavey:

Woo-hoo!!

Now if we can just get rid of J.P. Lewis and Camille!

Motown next week eh? I wonder what John (the redhead) will sing :confused:

darklinensuit
03-25-2004, 10:51 AM
I was out & missed the show. Who were the bottom three? I really thought it was going to be Jennifer this time.
Also, who had the most votes?

- Jake

skcin
03-25-2004, 12:46 PM
I missed who had the most votes (do they tell us that anymore?)

The bottom 3 were Football Matt, Camille and (shocking, IMO) Diana! Bye bye Matt (although this week Camille should have gotten the boot - "America, why don't you come to your senses")

I thought Diana was great, but maybe people forgot about her since she went first :confused:

Paula

skcin
03-30-2004, 07:16 AM
Here we go, kids. Motown tonight.

Paula

darklinensuit
03-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by skcin
Here we go, kids. Motown tonight.

Paula

Can't wait for John Stevens.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-30-2004, 01:15 PM
Why do I have a feeling no matter what John does, they'll label it as original and fabulous?? :distress:

skcin
03-30-2004, 01:58 PM
Can't wait for John Stevens.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

- Jake

Why, will you be ready for a nap at that time?

Paula ;)

Merf
03-30-2004, 08:59 PM
Fantasia & Latoya & George <33333

those are my top three tonight.

cliffdweller
03-30-2004, 09:05 PM
John Stevens SUCKED tonight. What was he thinking?!!?!?

George was great, the song he sang kicks ass and it was perfect for his voice.

Go George!!

Fantasia was awesome as usual. I thought Diana was annoying but the judges seemed to eat it up, go figure.

GypsySorcerer
03-30-2004, 09:11 PM
I thought Diana was terribly off-key, but apparently not. :laugh:

George and Fantasia were both great!! I really like Jennifer too; I think she's got some pipes.

John should be the one to go.

GardenStateGirlie
03-30-2004, 09:14 PM
I really do not like Fantasia. I thought LaToya sucked tonight and everyone was pretty much so-so. Of course, it didn't help that the band was louder than they were. This is George's style of music for sure :nod: I really hope Camille finally hits the road tonight and she can take Mr. HUMP THE AIR, I HAVE THREE NAMES! with her :nod: Diana is consistant and THAT is what will and should get her votes...her vocals are consistantly strong. Yes, she doesn't need to do the whole cutesy act but then again, Hawaiian girl doesn't need to wear the flower in her hair each week either. Whatever gets you votes.

dissention
03-30-2004, 09:25 PM
I really do not like Fantasia. I thought LaToya sucked tonight and everyone was pretty much so-so. Of course, it didn't help that the band was louder than they were. This is George's style of music for sure :nod: I really hope Camille finally hits the road tonight and she can take Mr. HUMP THE AIR, I HAVE THREE NAMES! with her :nod: Diana is consistant and THAT is what will and should get her votes...her vocals are consistantly strong. Yes, she doesn't need to do the whole cutesy act but then again, Hawaiian girl doesn't need to wear the flower in her hair each week either. Whatever gets you votes.

:eek: I like Fantasia a lot. :nod: She was great last week. My other favorite is Jennifer, but she needs to step up or ship out. The others suck. I don't like La Toya's tude. She comes off as an arrogant asshole. :laugh:

GardenStateGirlie
03-30-2004, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by dissention
:eek: I like Fantasia a lot. :nod: She was great last week. My other favorite is Jennifer, but she needs to step up or ship out. The others suck. I don't like La Toya's tude. She comes off as an arrogant asshole. :laugh:

I think Fantasia has a nasty attitude and she's had better performances than the one she gave tonight and I CANNOT STAND how she ends every song. Please, cut the psuedo-Xtina Aguilera routine out, kplznthx. Usually, I like LaToya (not for personality but because she can sing her ass off) but I just thought she wasn't good tonight. Jennifer gives hokey performances and she needs to stop looking like she's riding a horse as she's singing. I just wasn't impressed tonight. It was just average...especially when you compare it to the groups in past seasons. By this time in the past two seasons, it was already cutthroat. Frankly, i'm not going *SQUEEEE!!!* about anyone. No one is stepping up to the plate and batting a thousand. JMO

wondergirl9847
03-30-2004, 10:06 PM
Camille needs to be slapped for singing two "Justin" songs two weeks in a row...Desperado (he sang it on the Vegas special) and FOIML. He was AMAZING on both of those songs. :)

darklinensuit
03-30-2004, 10:30 PM
Jennifer has been my favorite from the start and remains so. I think she gets a bad rap; half the time LaToya & Fantasia over-sing but don't get called on it, & George's facial expressions are far more annoying than Jennifer's, IMO. Talk about eyes bulging out! However, he has a good voice & seems like a nice guy. JPLewis/Convulsoboy was weak tonight. John Stevens was awful. Must he snap to every song? Tonight was LaToya's weakest, but everybody's entitled to an off night. I find her bland the way I found Tamyra bland in first season, and I cringed when Paula called her a young Gladys Knight. Not quite, but she is not a bad singer. Camille is not very good compared to most of the others. I laughed when Paula called her Carmen! My thoughts exactly. Fantasia definitely has star presence and can sing pretty well, and most of the time I like her performances, but I wonder how she would do on an album. She's good to watch, but I'm not sure she'd be one of my top picks just to listen to. I've been saying all along she needs to stop ending all her songs the same way. Look at me! How many notes can I hit in the last three seconds? Diana is a bit perky for my taste & I'm not into her look, but she deserves kudos for her poise and wholesome look at her age. Good for her, but I wouldn't buy an album by her. I think Amy's manner is cute as can be. The Jay Leno comment was ridiculous, but she was gracious. I can see her starring in a TV show, but I'm not sure her voice is the best of the pack. The other Hawaiian singer (can't remember her name) is growing on me, but she's not wowing me ever.
I think the top ones tonight were Jennifer, Fantasia, George, and Amy.
The bottom three should be John Stevens, Camille, and JPLewis. Either John S. or Camille should go, I think.
For the record, Ashford and Simpson have the worst hair the show has seen, and while I respect their contribution to MoTown, I HATE the song "Solid"!!!

- Jake

skcin
03-31-2004, 10:29 AM
The bottom three should be John Stevens, Camille, and JPLewis. Either John S. or Camille should go, I think.
For the record, Ashford and Simpson have the worst hair the show has seen, and while I respect their contribution to MoTown, I HATE the song "Solid"!!!

- Jake

I totally agree - on BOTH opinions - Ashford & Simpson scare the crap out of me with their look. And yes, out of all songs to highligh for them - SOLID?!?! Thanks, that will be stuck in my head for the next week!

Paula

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 10:40 AM
:eek: I don't like La Toya's tude. She comes off as an arrogant asshole. :laugh:

:laugh:

I know what you mean, but I don't know if it's that, or if she's just calmly playing her cards close to the vest. She knows she's going to be one of the top two finalists in this competition, I think she's playing it safe being quiet and consistent.

but then again, maybe she is just an arrogant a-hole!! :laugh:

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 10:45 AM

- Jake

Agreed. The guy, is he Ashford or Simpson? Anyway, he scared me something awful. Can we say, too much plastic surgery, or perhaps botox? :laugh:

Livia
03-31-2004, 10:48 AM
Whenever I hear that song "Solid," I can't help but change the lyrics...."solid as my ______ (rhymes with rock)." Heh.

I thought Jasmine rocked last night, and she has never been a favorite of mine, but I love that song she did!

I liked LaToya last night, but thought Fantasia was boring. And I really love George!

Buh-bye JPL! Uuuch! I can't believe he's lasted this long. And I really liked Camille at first, but her performances seem to get worse and worse.

I also can't believe how much I find myself agreeing with Simon!

:wavey:

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Livia
Whenever I hear that song "Solid," I can't help but change the lyrics...."solid as my ______ (rhymes with rock)." Heh.

I thought Jasmine rocked last night, and she has never been a favorite of mine, but I love that song she did!

I liked LaToya last night, but thought Fantasia was boring. And I really love George!

Buh-bye JPL! Uuuch! I can't believe he's lasted this long. And I really liked Camille at first, but her performances seem to get worse and worse.

I agree with Simon less this season. Can't explain why he's so bothered by Jennifer but enamored with John S.

And as far as the Solid lyrics go, maybe you can write for Weird Al?
We'll call it the Stevie Dress Album.;)

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by cliffdweller
Agreed. The guy, is he Ashford or Simpson? Anyway, he scared me something awful. Can we say, too much plastic surgery, or perhaps botox? :laugh:

Remember that scene in Coming to America where the couch has a hair stain?:laugh:

- Jake

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 11:26 AM

Me too!! Scary isn't it?

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 11:26 AM
Remember that scene in Coming to America where the couch has a hair stain?:laugh:

- Jake

:laugh: :laugh:

good one.

hayley
03-31-2004, 11:41 AM

Hahahaha... I always think of the scene in "Ghost World" where his awful girlfriend wants Steve Buscemi to dance to it...

I thought last night was awful. I like Jennifer a lot more in the competition now than I did in the previous rounds. Maybe it was her stopping the eye-bulging thing (or at least keeping it in moderation!).

Jasmine really gets on my nerves with her "Oh, gee whiz! Golly!" attitude and the stupid flower, but at least she was better this week than last week. Last week was PAINFUL.

John Stevens was awful. He does NOT belong there! I don't get it. I don't know WHO likes him, and who keeps voting for him. JPL drives me nuts too, but I thought last night was actually one of his better vocal performances simply because he wasn't hopping and dancing about, he just actually tried to sing.

I thought Fantasia & George were amazing. I thought Fantasia was anything but boring... she wasn't cloying, and she wasn't playing to the stupid camera like the rest of them do. I think this week it ought to be JPL, John Stevens, or Camile. They deserve to be in the bottom 3.

And Diana... UGH. She makes my head hurt. She's a fine singer, but god- ugh. The cutesy act is enough to make me want to smack her. I think America turned on her last week, seeing that video of her practically dressed up like a pageant kid. Simon called it on that one.

skcin
03-31-2004, 11:55 AM

- Jake

BWAAAHHHHAAAAHHHHAAA!

"...just let your SOOOOOUUUUUUULLLLL Glow...."

Paula

skcin
03-31-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by hayley
John Stevens was awful. He does NOT belong there! I don't get it. I don't know WHO likes him, and who keeps voting for him.

Very simple - the kids from his high school here in a suburb of Buffalo keep phoning in multiple votes for him each week.

Paula

hayley
03-31-2004, 12:33 PM
Very simple - the kids from his high school here in a suburb of Buffalo keep phoning in multiple votes for him each week.

Paula

That's not enough to keep him. Camile, Jasmine, and that one big guy from Hawaii that didn't make it through his round all had the entire state of Hawaii voting for them and it isn't helping anyone but Jasmine.

I always like to call my mom after the show to see what she thought... she always seems to have a middle America opinion on it all, and the way she thinks always seems to go with how the votes went. She's someone who always LOVED Ruben, who loves JPL and really liked John Stevens throughout the entire competition, but even she's tired of him and doesn't understand why he's there. Friends & family & hometowns can only factor in so much to the result. I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing him in the bottom 3 tonight.

dissention
03-31-2004, 02:00 PM
That's not enough to keep him.

It certainly is. How else would Nikki from the first season have gotten into the final three? She was terrible, but the same people voted for her over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Just go to the Idol message boards. "Ohmigod! I, like, totally voted for JPLewis 897 times tonight! That must be, like, a record! Oh! What if, like, he wins and does a duet with Britney Spears on his album?! It would be, like, so amazing! Keep voting for him, he's so cool and talented and amazing and HOT!!!"

:rolleyes:

wondergirl9847
03-31-2004, 02:08 PM
Hot and JPL should not be in the same sentence. :distress:

dissention
03-31-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Hot and JPL should not be in the same sentence. :distress:

He looks like an embalmer.

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 02:51 PM

He looks like an embalmer.

Better than an embalmee. (Hi, Marissa.:wavey: )

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 02:52 PM
It certainly is. How else would Nikki from the first season have gotten into the final three? She was terrible, but the same people voted for her over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Just go to the Idol message boards. "Ohmigod! I, like, totally voted for JPLewis 897 times tonight! That must be, like, a record! Oh! What if, like, he wins and does a duet with Britney Spears on his album?! It would be, like, so amazing! Keep voting for him, he's so cool and talented and amazing and HOT!!!"

:rolleyes:

You mean the masses aren't calling for a duet between him & Stevie?:cool:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 02:55 PM

And Diana... UGH. She makes my head hurt. She's a fine singer, but god- ugh. The cutesy act is enough to make me want to smack her. I think America turned on her last week, seeing that video of her practically dressed up like a pageant kid. Simon called it on that one.

What ever happened to Baby Jane?:laugh:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 02:57 PM
Me too!! Scary isn't it?

Depends: Do you find yourself wearing tight black ribbed tees with everything and kissing Paula Abdul as the crowds boo?:)

- Jake

dissention
03-31-2004, 03:20 PM
What ever happened to Baby Jane?:laugh:

- Jake

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"I've written a letter to daaaaaa-deeeeeee...saying 'I LOVE...Yooooooouuuuuuu!'"

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 05:53 PM

"I've written a letter to daaaaaa-deeeeeee...saying 'I LOVE...Yooooooouuuuuuu!'"

I'm telling you, age Diana fifty years and let her keep the same facial expressions.
Clay can play Joan.:laugh:

- Jake

dissention
03-31-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm telling you, age Diana fifty years and let her keep the same facial expressions.
Clay can play Joan.:laugh:

- Jake

Randy could be the fat piano player. ;)

Violet
03-31-2004, 08:45 PM
Wow, I can't believe Camille isn't even in the bottom 3....

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 08:55 PM
WTF?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!

LaToya, Jennifer, and Amy in the bottom three? What the hell are people thinking?!?

John Stevens and J.P. Lewis didn't even make the bottom three!!!
This is madness, pure madness. Those two guys should totally be out of there! :mad:

Merf
03-31-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Violet

WTF????????? She's the worst one!!!

I'm sorry. Latoya in the bottom three? I'm about to rant and I apologize if I offend anyone.

The fact is that all three of the bottom three ladies are WAY more talented than some of those left: Example, CAMILLE, JASMINE, JP, and FRANK SINATRA BOY.

I am TIRED of these stupid teeny bopper girls voting for a guy because he's cute and not because he's talented (JP) and not caring that those with talent are getting sent home. This happened last year with the Clay phenomenon, but he deserved to win. He had the talent. JP? does not. John? Does not. AMY SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE HOME. LATOYA SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN IN THE BOTTOM THREE. THIS IS BULL****.

This show has gotten so stupid. I think they should stop letting America vote because we obviously a lot dumber as a nation that I thought.

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 08:57 PM
Depends: Do you find yourself wearing tight black ribbed tees with everything and kissing Paula Abdul as the crowds boo?:)

- Jake

No, but my husband did go as Simon Cowell at the last party we went to. The theme was go as your favorite T.V. character!!

He wore that exact outfit you described!! :laugh:

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 09:18 PM
Those were the worst results of any AI episode ever.
None of the bottom three deserved to be there.
The one going home gave the best performance in last week's show.
All of the worst singers were safe.

Here's the flaw in the system. These teenyboppers who vote a hundred times each are not going to buy a hundred copies each of any one album should their pick win.

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 09:20 PM

My picks for the bottom three last night:

Worst: John Stevens
Second-Worst: Camille
Third-Worst: ConvulsoJohn

- Jake

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 09:23 PM

- Jake

Bump. :nod:

Violet
03-31-2004, 09:27 PM

- Jake

Agreed...Did you see John's face after they said Latoya's name in the bottom 3? I thought he was gonna cry. I think he believed he should be there...

I have to say I'm not really fond of Jennifer Hudson or Fantasia, but Jennifer H. didn't deserve to be in the bottom 3. My faves so far are Latoya, the dude who sang last last night -- drawing a total blank on his name -- and sometimes Diana and sometimes Jasmine, depending on my mood!

Carol

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 09:36 PM
Agreed...Did you see John's face after they said Latoya's name in the bottom 3? I thought he was gonna cry. I think he believed he should be there...

I have to say I'm not really fond of Jennifer Hudson or Fantasia, but Jennifer H. didn't deserve to be in the bottom 3. My faves so far are Latoya, the dude who sang last last night -- drawing a total blank on his name -- and sometimes Diana and sometimes Jasmine, depending on my mood!

Carol

You're thinking of George. He's good - I think he's better than Ruben - but he's not one of my favorite three.

I'm surprised I like Jennifer as much as I do; usually I like a grittier voice, and I'm not into Gospel. She won me over when she sang Imagine, a song I don't like much. Her personality is so unpretentious compared to LaToya or Fantasia or Diana - she's a diamond in the rough, and already they've polished her look.

How could anyone miss the face on John Stevens? They flashed it again and again. (Why not Camille?) They sure have him in a heap of make-up (ConvulsoJohn, too.)

The car video tonight wasn't as bad as past ones, though Fantasia's voice did not sound good to me, and I sure am sick of her "Yeah-yeah-yaweahs."

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-31-2004, 09:40 PM
Better than an embalmee. (Hi, Marissa.:wavey: )

- Jake

Well, we can't all be as hot as you...but we can aspire to that level :rolleyes: ;)

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 09:47 PM
I sure am sick of her "Yeah-yeah-yaweahs."

- Jake

Or as I like to call it, her gospel endings. :laugh:

GardenStateGirlie
03-31-2004, 09:48 PM

- Jake

Agreed. And the flaw in the system is that you can vote as many times as you want. I don't agree with that at all. You should only be allowed to vote once from each phone number, not call and text message 1000 times which is what i'm sure some of these kids friends and schools and relatives and their friends and so on and so on are doing. I loved John's face...even he's surprised he's still there. JPL...plz, just leave. Now. He grates my nerves.

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 09:50 PM
Well, we can't all be as hot as you...but we can aspire to that level :rolleyes: ;)

Glad to know I've replaced Christina Aguilera as your role model. I'm honored.:rolleyes:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 09:53 PM
Agreed. And the flaw in the system is that you can vote as many times as you want. I don't agree with that at all. You should only be allowed to vote once from each phone number, not call and text message 1000 times which is what i'm sure some of these kids friends and schools and relatives and their friends and so on and so on are doing. I loved John's face...even he's surprised he's still there. JPL...plz, just leave. Now. He grates my nerves.

John doesn't bother me as much as Camillestapation. At any given moment her face looks like she's feeling stopped up.:distress:

- Jake

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 09:56 PM
John doesn't bother me as Camillestapation. At any given moment her face looks like she's feeling stopped up.:distress:

- Jake

She SOOOOOOO lays on the R&B stylings thickly. And she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not soulful. Give it up already and get rid of that stupid rainbow sweatband cuff thing.

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 10:02 PM
She SOOOOOOO lays on the R&B stylings thickly. And she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not soulful. Give it up already and get rid of that stupid rainbow sweatband cuff thing.

I got only a glimpse of the band she wears, but isn't it a flag/ethnic pride thing? I can't quite picture it.

- Jake

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 10:05 PM
I got only a glimpse of the band she wears, but isn't it a flag/ethnic pride thing? I can't quite picture it.

- Jake

Is it an ethnic pride thing? It must be, because it never goes with anything she wears so it can't just be an accessory.

GardenStateGirlie
03-31-2004, 10:08 PM
John doesn't bother me as Camillestapation. At any given moment her face looks like she's feeling stopped up.:distress:

- Jake

Poor dear...perhaps someone should give her some extra strength ex-lax before the show. That way, when it's time for her to perform, she can leave the stage to do whatever and we don't have to listen to her sing...er...um..whatever the hell you want to call that :nod:

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 10:09 PM
Is it an ethnic pride thing? It must be, because it never goes with anything she wears so it can't just be an accessory.

Maybe she should stick to one black cardigan and dress. Think of the bands she could mix and match.;)

- Jake

cliffdweller
03-31-2004, 10:10 PM
Maybe she should stick to one black cardigan and dress. Think of the bands she could mix and match.;)

- Jake

Maybe Stevie should add a rainbow band to her black dress collection! :laugh:

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 10:10 PM
Poor dear...perhaps someone should give her some extra strength ex-lax before the show. That way, when it's time for her to perform, she can leave the stage to do whatever and we don't have to listen to her sing...er...um..whatever the hell you want to call that :nod:

Why not, we've been listening to her crap out onstage for weeks, right?

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-31-2004, 10:11 PM
Maybe Stevie should add a rainbow band to her black dress collection! :laugh:

She already has, but the batwings hide it.:nod:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-31-2004, 10:25 PM
Why not, we've been listening to her crap out onstage for weeks, right?

- Jake

True enough.

greatdarkwing
03-31-2004, 10:33 PM
OK.....Why the h3ll is Camile and John Stevens still in the show? Amy would have gone eventually, but c'mon! The voting sucked....America sucked last night!

~Alex

skcin
04-01-2004, 08:13 AM
That's not enough to keep him. Camile, Jasmine, and that one big guy from Hawaii that didn't make it through his round all had the entire state of Hawaii voting for them and it isn't helping anyone but Jasmine.

Well, Hawaii's population when split between 2 or 3 people isn't much, I wouldn't think.

I think the horrendous results last night prove me right - no way would America in general vote for the out-of-tune performance of John Stevens last night. The kids from his school, their families - people from all of Western NY in general are voting for him multiple times each just cuz he's the local boy, it doesn't matter if he sucks or not.

Trust me, it's all over TV news & radio here, they're voting for him no matter what.

Hopefully, it won't work much longer. All of those who were voting for Amy, Leah, etc. now will have to vote for someone else, and I'm sure it's not going to be John Stevens. Eventually Williamsville High will get outvoted by America.

Paula

PS - the one vote per person thing would be great, IMO.

Livia
04-01-2004, 11:27 AM
The voting sucked....America sucked last night!

:nod:

Violet
04-01-2004, 03:35 PM
Anybody know what next week's theme is??

Carol

wondergirl9847
04-01-2004, 03:37 PM
...it was big band, but not 100% sure.

skcin
04-01-2004, 04:12 PM
...it was big band, but not 100% sure.

That's what I heard too.

Paula

Violet
04-02-2004, 09:04 AM
That's what I heard too.

Paula

Thanks, guys!

Carol

wondergirl9847
04-05-2004, 12:44 PM
I just read that it's Elton John week, not Big Band.

Violet
04-05-2004, 01:09 PM
I just read that it's Elton John week, not Big Band.

Oh, that's cool!!!! LOVE Elton John!

Carol

darklinensuit
04-05-2004, 03:59 PM
Looking forward to seeing John Stevens in a rug and rhinestone sunglasses.:rolleyes:
(Want a laugh? Picture him singing "I'm Still Standing".:distress: )

- Jake

Violet
04-05-2004, 04:39 PM
Looking forward to seeing John Stevens in a rug and rhinestone sunglasses.:rolleyes:

- Jake

Yeah, that would be funny. That's one of my favorite Elton John songs, too. I can see a group sing-along of "Don't go Breaking my Heart," boys v. girls...

Carol

GardenStateGirlie
04-05-2004, 10:47 PM

- Jake

Not as funny as him singing Crocodile Rock.

darklinensuit
04-05-2004, 10:56 PM
Not as funny as him singing Crocodile Rock.

But with I'm Still Standing he can do his hand snaps to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in each line. :cool:

Actually, I bet he does Daniel or Empty Garden.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-05-2004, 10:58 PM
But with I'm Still Standing he can do his hand snaps to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs in each line. :cool:

Actually, I bet he does Daniel or Empty Garden.

- Jake

I wonder what boy-with-three-names will hump the air to this week?? Circle of Life, perhaps?

darklinensuit
04-05-2004, 11:04 PM
I wonder what boy-with-three-names will hump the air to this week?? Circle of Life, perhaps?

He'll probably do Croc Rock or Phila. Freedom.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-05-2004, 11:07 PM
He'll probably do Croc Rock or Phila. Freedom.

- Jake

Regardless of what he does, i'm sure our ears will bleed. Nails on chalkboard....

Elton John's songs are about to be molested. Big time. I'm not so sure about this one.... :distress:

darklinensuit
04-05-2004, 11:10 PM
Regardless of what he does, i'm sure our ears will bleed. Nails on chalkboard....

Elton John's songs are about to be molested. Big time. I'm not so sure about this one.... :distress:

I'm not a big Elton fan. I wonder if my Jennifer even knows his stuff. I think she'd be better off with the big band stuff. I think she's out this week, which irks me.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-05-2004, 11:16 PM
I'm not a big Elton fan. I wonder if my Jennifer even knows his stuff. I think she'd be better off with the big band stuff. I think she's out this week, which irks me.

- Jake

I'm not his biggest fan either but even so, hearing these kids do Elton John? I don't think it's going to sound very pleasant. I'd rather here Britney Spears sing...that says a lot.

I'll be pissed if she leaves. There are a line of people that need to take a hike before she does. At least she can carry a tune.

skcin
04-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Since the musical style has been changed, I assume Sir Elton will be the guest judge tonight?

Paula

wondergirl9847
04-06-2004, 10:58 AM
SPOILER ALERT FOR TONIGHT:

Rumour has JPL singing 'Rocketman'. We shall see later....

dissention
04-06-2004, 11:14 AM
SPOILER ALERT FOR TONIGHT:

Rumour has JPL singing 'Rocketman'. We shall see later....

Hasn't that ass learned not to sing Elton John yet? His "Tiny Dancer" was unlistenable...as are all of his performances. :laugh:

dissention
04-06-2004, 11:16 AM
I'll be pissed if she leaves. There are a line of people that need to take a hike before she does. At least she can carry a tune.

Jennifer is the most entertaining, IMO. She gets up there and sings her heart out, her eyes bug out, and she looks like she's having a seizure. But it's all good because she puts on a good show, which is something no one else on that show can do.

And my girl Kimberley Locke's single is at #1!!! :eek: :D

darklinensuit
04-06-2004, 12:21 PM

Jennifer is the most entertaining, IMO. She gets up there and sings her heart out, her eyes bug out, and she looks like she's having a seizure. But it's all good because she puts on a good show, which is something no one else on that show can do.

And my girl Kimberley Locke's single is at #1!!! :eek: :D

I've said it before, I don't really notice Jennifer's eyes bulging especially, but George's facial expressions look psychotic half the time. The worst expressions are on Baby Diana Jane, though.

I'll be taping the show because I'll be out. I'm going to let myself fast forward only through commercials, or so I'm thinking, but if Camille sings Philadelphia Freedom, all bets are off.

- Jake

dissention
04-06-2004, 12:44 PM
I've said it before, I don't really notice Jennifer's eyes bulging especially, but George's facial expressions look psychotic half the time. The worst expressions are on Baby Diana Jane, though.

I'll be taping the show because I'll be out. I'm going to let myself fast forward only through commercials, or so I'm thinking, but if Camille sings Philadelphia Freedom, all bets are off.

- Jake

George looks like he's being probed half the time. He's a likable guy, but he jumps around as if he's trying to shake out the bug that crawled up his ass.

Camille needs to be gone. She can't sing a note.

darklinensuit
04-06-2004, 12:55 PM
He's a likable guy, but he jumps around as if he's trying to shake out the bug that crawled up his ass.

I thought that was John Peterless.

- Jake

dissention
04-06-2004, 01:02 PM
I thought that was John Peterless.

- Jake

No, that dude just needs a heavy dose of ritalin and a swift kick in the ass.

darklinensuit
04-06-2004, 01:03 PM
No, that dude just needs a heavy dose of ritalin and a swift kick in the ass.

It'll squash the bug.:cool:

- Jake

dissention
04-06-2004, 01:05 PM
It'll squash the bug.:cool:

- Jake

Eww, like that episode of "The Practice" with Henry Winkler. :laugh:

darklinensuit
04-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Eww, like that episode of "The Practice" with Henry Winkler. :laugh:

Oh, you mean the guy who went out with Roachie Tuscadero.:)
Not enough Raid at Al's or the Pizza Bowl, if you ask me.

- Jake

dissention
04-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Oh, you mean the guy who went out with Roachie Tuscadero.:)
Not enough Raid at Al's or the Pizza Bowl, if you ask me.

- Jake

Winkler had a sexual fetish and paid people to squash bugs fo rhim so he could get off. :eek: :laugh:

darklinensuit
04-06-2004, 01:12 PM

Winkler had a sexual fetish and paid people to squash bugs fo rhim so he could get off. :eek: :laugh:

Yeah, I did see that. Stupid Jimmy & his big mouth with the son.

- Jake

dissention
04-06-2004, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I did see that. Stupid Jimmy & his big mouth with the son.

- Jake

Jimmy drives me nucking futs. He's such an ass. But Eugene is the one who needs to be cleansed of his evil-ness.

darklinensuit
04-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Jimmy drives me nucking futs. He's such an ass. But Eugene is the one who needs to be cleansed of his evil-ness.

I HATE Eugene.
I always wanted to see Helen wipe up the courtroom floor with his patronizing ass.

- Jake

dissention
04-06-2004, 01:16 PM
I HATE Eugene.
I always wanted to see Helen wipe up the courtroom floor with his patronizing ass.

- Jake

Or his lips. I swear he sticks them out more than they already do, just to show that he's angry. :nod: Dude had collagen. And you could fly a 747 through his nostrils when they flare up.

darklinensuit
04-06-2004, 01:21 PM
Or his lips. I swear he sticks them out more than they already do, just to show that he's angry. :nod: Dude had collagen. And you could fly a 747 through his nostrils when they flare up.

He has some seriously cold eyes. I hope it's just a game face for the show.

- Jake

dissention
04-06-2004, 01:22 PM
He has some seriously cold eyes. I hope it's just a game face for the show.

- Jake

I hope so, because I run the other way if he walked towards me on the street. He looks so freakin' mean that he's ready to tear your insides out.

darklinensuit
04-06-2004, 01:38 PM
I hope so, because I run the other way if he walked towards me on the street. He looks so freakin' mean that he's ready to tear your insides out.

There's something to be said for mean. I'm the one who liked Helen's look, remember?

- Jake

dissention
04-06-2004, 01:40 PM
There's something to be said for mean. I'm the one who liked Helen's look, remember?

- Jake

Of my, you have bad taste. :laugh:

She looks like an angular preying mantis.

darklinensuit
04-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Of my, you have bad taste. :laugh:

She looks like an angular preying mantis.

Strong talk from the one who likes Susan Sarandon & Cokie Roberts, they of the sandpapered edges praying mantis variety.:nod:

- Jake

dissention
04-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Strong talk from the one who likes Susan Sarandon & Cokie Roberts, they of the sandpapered edges praying mantis variety.:nod:

- Jake

Jason is the one with the Cokie fetish, not moi. She does nothing for me.

Sarandon is gorgeous. That flame-red hair and those eyes. So beautiful.

darklinensuit
04-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Jason is the one with the Cokie fetish, not moi. She does nothing for me.

Sarandon is gorgeous. That flame-red hair and those eyes. So beautiful.

Wait, you're not Jason?:eek: :wavey:

Sarandon has aged well, but her eyes look like they came from the Garfield comic strip.

- Jake

dissention
04-06-2004, 01:51 PM
Wait, you're not Jason?:eek: :wavey:

Sarandon has aged well, but her eyes look like they came from the Garfield comic strip.

- Jake

I'm NOT Jason. I cry foul! :laugh:

Garfield?!?! :laugh: At least she has meat on her bones and eats something besides freakin' Altoids like your skeletal girl. ;)

darklinensuit
04-06-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm NOT Jason. I cry foul! :laugh:

Garfield?!?! :laugh: At least she has meat on her bones and eats something besides freakin' Altoids like your skeletal girl. ;)

I'd put Lara's eyes up against hers any day.
And so would Jack Nicholson.:)

- Jake

dissention
04-06-2004, 01:55 PM
I'd put Lara's eyes up against hers any day.
And so would Jack Nicholson.:)

- Jake

Nicholson needs a haircut BADLY. It's all over the place, man.

GardenStateGirlie
04-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Jake, honey, just burn the tape. I'm serious. This was horrendous. I'd have to say the only people I enjoyed were George, LaToya and Jennifer. I CANNNOT STAND Fantasia...she needs to STOP IT with **** she does at the end of every song. There is absolutely nothing to say on Camille and the John's that we haven't already said before except that if we thought it couldn't get worse, we were obviously mistaken.

cliffdweller
04-06-2004, 08:00 PM
George, LaToya, and Jennifer all the way!

The two Johns need to go, and Camille was absolutely horrendous.

I thought that Jasmine was surprisingly good tonight too.

Fantasia lost her appeal I'm afraid. :distress:

Merf
04-06-2004, 08:14 PM
I'm going to keep standing by Fantasia, just because. (Gotta support the NC talent) :nod:

La Toya, George, & Jennifer are also favorites.

The rest need to all get laryngitis. Farealz.

Violet
04-06-2004, 08:17 PM
I CANNNOT STAND Fantasia...she needs to STOP IT with **** she does at the end of every song.

Ditto, ditto, ditto....almost all of it was painful to watch. Although I liked George and Latoya, the only one that I thought was really good was Jennifer. Something's wrong if she ends up in the bottom 3 again.

WelshWitchPMD
04-06-2004, 08:20 PM
I still can't understand how John and Jon are still on the show. They should have gone weeks ago.

greatdarkwing
04-06-2004, 09:36 PM
If John Stevens is in this competition tomorrow, I will be VERY pissed.

~Alex

wondergirl9847
04-06-2004, 11:38 PM
WHY DO WOMEN HAVE TO SCREAM ON THIS SHOW!?!?!??!!?!?!

:mad:

You should only scream if you are singing SOTM or Rhiannon, dangit! :laugh:

I hate this SCREAMING MEME crap!!

Whew...okay, I'm better now. :)

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Nicholson needs a haircut BADLY. It's all over the place, man.

Well, I'm sure if you ask nicely...

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Jake, honey, just burn the tape. I'm serious. This was horrendous. I'd have to say the only people I enjoyed were George, LaToya and Jennifer. I CANNNOT STAND Fantasia...she needs to STOP IT with **** she does at the end of every song. There is absolutely nothing to say on Camille and the John's that we haven't already said before except that if we thought it couldn't get worse, we were obviously mistaken.

I got home from my seder, rewound the tape, & sat down to watch.

Fantasia's ending yeah yeah yeahs need to be pointed out by the judges. Are they deaf? Her smile, squinting eyes, and gestures remind me so much of Diana Ross, and she has the same diva attitude.

Jasmine is poised and cute. For seventeen, she's good. I agreed with Paula's comments about not going for power all the time. Jasmine was good except for the two times she tried to sing & hold the word "me" & came up totally flat.

Jon Peterless hits the high notes well but is awful in the rest.

When John Stevens said he was doing Croc Rock I burst out laughing. During the performance I couldn't even laugh. It was painful. I bet at least 80% of his votes are from his home town. I think the show should display maps on the results episodes so we can see where each performer gets most of his/her votes.
Count your lucky stars for your classmates, John.

Camile was terrible. She may be John Stevens's best hope.

George was good (as always) but his moves are annoying. Was he singing "Take me to the toilet" in the chorus?

LaToya was good, but I agree with Simon. Nothing to gush over.

Diana was fair. Her body was not moving like it needed to, but in fairness, she was sick.

Jennifer was great. I still think her performance of Imagine was better, but this had a similar feel, & her eyes bulged less this time for those of you who mind that. Funny how many episodes have the best performance last, like the producers know. Good for Elton for praising her voice. I think Jennifer does much better with these slower songs, & I'm just relieved Simon didn't call her too Broadway.

BTW, Amy Adams is still cuter & more entertaining from the audience than half these bozos. She was screwed just like Lisa L.

The bottom three should be Camile, John, & Jon. I think the bottom three will be Camile, John, and Diana.

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 12:36 AM

Fantasia lost her appeal I'm afraid. :distress:

One of these weeks her attitude is going to backfire on her. A fine line between confident & cocky.

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Merf

The rest need to all get laryngitis. Farealz.

The rest sound like they already did. Farealz.

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 12:39 AM
the only one that I thought was really good was Jennifer. Something's wrong if she ends up in the bottom 3 again.

I think Elton's praise of her should carry some weight with viewers.

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
I still can't understand how John and Jon are still on the show. They should have gone weeks ago.

In all fairness, I prefer Jon to Camile, but that's just me.

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by greatdarkwing
If John Stevens is in this competition tomorrow, I will be VERY pissed.

~Alex

I have a feeling he'll survive, but I hope I'm wrong!

BTW, he looked like he was about to cry in front of the judges, poor guy.

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 12:44 AM
WHY DO WOMEN HAVE TO SCREAM ON THIS SHOW!?!?!??!!?!?!

:mad:

You should only scream if you are singing SOTM or Rhiannon, dangit! :laugh:

Be careful what you wish for or we might have to endure Camile singing a drab Rhiannon or Diana over-enunciating every syllable in SOTM, including the Mirage jibberish.;)

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-07-2004, 01:00 AM
I got home from my seder, rewound the tape, & sat down to watch.

Fantasia's ending yeah yeah yeahs need to be pointed out by the judges. Are they deaf? Her smile, squinting eyes, and gestures remind me so much of Diana Ross, and she has the same diva attitude.

Jasmine is poised and cute. For seventeen, she's good. I agreed with Paula's comments about not going for power all the time. Jasmine was good except for the two times she tried to sing & hold the word "me" & came up totally flat.

Jon Peterless hits the high notes well but is awful in the rest.

When John Stevens said he was doing Croc Rock I burst out laughing. During the performance I couldn't even laugh. It was painful. I bet at least 80% of his votes are from his home town. I think the show should display maps on the results episodes so we can see where each performer gets most of his/her votes.
Count your lucky stars for your classmates, John.

Camile was terrible. She may be John Stevens's best hope.

George was good (as always) but his moves are annoying. Was he singing "Take me to the toilet" in the chorus?

LaToya was good, but I agree with Simon. Nothing to gush over.

Diana was fair. Her body was not moving like it needed to, but in fairness, she was sick.

Jennifer was great. I still think her performance of Imagine was better, but this had a similar feel, & her eyes bulged less this time for those of you who mind that. Funny how many episodes have the best performance last, like the producers know. Good for Elton for praising her voice. I think Jennifer does much better with these slower songs, & I'm just relieved Simon didn't call her too Broadway.

BTW, Amy Adams is still cuter & more entertaining from the audience than half these bozos. She was screwed just like Lisa L.

The bottom three should be Camile, John, & Jon. I think the bottom three will be Camile, John, and Diana.

- Jake

Are you deaf now? :laugh: Don't say I didn't warn you!

My mom refused to watch John because she felt so bad for him and a lot of the others. Really, he will forever be known as the red headed kid who attempted to sing Crocodile Rock (did we not predict this earlier today??)

I think Jasmine oversings in some of her songs. She was indeed totally flat on the "me's." I'm surprised no one said anything about that.

I really thought they would say Jennifer was too broadway. As soon as I heard Circle of Life, I had to hold my breath for a moment. She took a big risk but I think and hope it will have paid off for her.

Yes, I agree on the Amy assessment. She deserves to still be up there and EVERYONE, including those that should have been voted off, know it. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out tomorrow night. John Peterless will not be in the bottom three and he should be.

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 01:12 AM
Are you deaf now? :laugh: Don't say I didn't warn you!

My mom refused to watch John because she felt so bad for him and a lot of the others. Really, he will forever be known as the red headed kid who attempted to sing Crocodile Rock (did we not predict this earlier today??)

I think Jasmine oversings in some of her songs. She was indeed totally flat on the "me's." I'm surprised no one said anything about that.

I really thought they would say Jennifer was too broadway. As soon as I heard Circle of Life, I had to hold my breath for a moment. She took a big risk but I think and hope it will have paid off for her.

Yes, I agree on the Amy assessment. She deserves to still be up there and EVERYONE, including those that should have been voted off, know it. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out tomorrow night. John Peterless will not be in the bottom three and he should be.

What did you think of Diana tonight? Hasn't she been one of your favorites?
I can do without the high-fiving and the "C'mon!" and "Hey, Girl" comments. I think they're lame attempts to connect with the audience in response to Simon's comments.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-07-2004, 01:19 AM
What did you think of Diana tonight? Hasn't she been one of your favorites?
I can do without the high-fiving and the "C'mon!" and "Hey, Girl" comments. I think they're lame attempts to connect with the audience in response to Simon's comments.

- Jake

Diana has been one of my favorites, yes. I didn't feel that tonight was her best performance but I think it was a good song choice for her. She looked a little sluggish and I noticed right away when she was walking around that she was losing breath as she was singing. Then Paula made a comment about her being sick so I gave her some slack. Wasn't my favorite Diana performance and it wasn't my favorite performance of the night. Despite his "horse riding" or whatever the eff' that was, I have to hand it to George...he was on tonight.

How was seder?

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 01:22 AM

How was seder?

More amusing than AI.
One of the old bubbes got snockered and burst out laughing uncontrollably while she was trying to read aloud. The old bubbe sitting between us was so hard of hearing she had no idea what was going on and kept refilling the first bubbe's wine glass. Gotta love that Manischewitz.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-07-2004, 01:29 AM
More amusing than AI.
One of the old bubbes got snockered and burst out laughing uncontrollably while she was trying to read aloud. The old bubbe sitting between us was so hard of hearing she had no idea what was going on and kept refilling the first bubbe's wine glass. Gotta love that Manischewitz.

- Jake

:laugh: Isn't that supposed to be very serious? And she was getting ****faced? :laugh: You're right. Better than AI :nod:

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 01:33 AM
:laugh: Isn't that supposed to be very serious?

Only parts are serious,
And she was getting seriously ****-faced.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-07-2004, 01:46 AM
Only parts are serious,
And she was getting seriously ****-faced.

- Jake

FUBAR'd at seder...

...just think, it could be you in 30 years.... :laugh:

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 01:48 AM

...just think, it could be you in 30 years.... :laugh:

Thirty years; one unnecessary, painful, and unwanted operation; and a heap of makeup.:rolleyes:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-07-2004, 01:57 AM
Thirty years; one unnecessary, painful, and unwanted operation; and a heap of makeup.:rolleyes:

- Jake

You could be the male version. Save your money for other things like the hair transplant you might need at that time ;)

Oye...heap of makeup...yikes. I have a picture in my mind...it's very clear. Is this woman a relative? If so, I think there's one in every family :laugh:

WelshWitchPMD
04-07-2004, 06:52 AM
In all fairness, I prefer Jon to Camile, but that's just me.

- Jake

I don't care for Camile either. The way she sang the 'aahs' in Yellow Brick Road it sounded like she had something stuck in her throat or something. It was so annoying!

cliffdweller
04-07-2004, 07:36 AM
One of these weeks her attitude is going to backfire on her. A fine line between confident & cocky.

- Jake

cliffdweller
04-07-2004, 07:38 AM
I don't care for Camile either. The way she sang the 'aahs' in Yellow Brick Road it sounded like she had something stuck in her throat or something. It was so annoying!

It was just plain horrible. I'm sick of her gestures too, she's trying WAAAAAAYYYYYY too hard to be little Ms. R&B on every song Elton John's GYBR calls for a singing style that is totally different from what she delivered last night. She should absolutely without a doubt be in the bottom three. But redhead John should be the one booted out.

Violet
04-07-2004, 08:41 AM

- Jake

I finally figured out what his little dance/bounce thing reminds me of: The Brady Bunch episode where they sang "Keep On." They did the same little bounce thing on the "keep ons"...
"We're gonna keep on, keep on, keep on singing and dancing all through the night...."

Carol

skcin
04-07-2004, 10:25 AM

She can't hit the low notes either - half the time, I couldn't hear what the hell she was singing.

I literally winced when John tried the "Laaaaaaaa-la-la-la-la-laaaaaaaaa" from Croc Rock & his vioce cracked! - painful! But he may still be in, since again on the radio this am, several morons called in yelling "I voted for him 72 times!" etc.

People voting just cuz someone's from their city is pissing me off. If they suck, they suck. Please vote for talent, not geographic location!

Paula

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 11:52 AM

Oye...heap of makeup...yikes. I have a picture in my mind...it's very clear. Is this woman a relative? If so, I think there's one in every family :laugh:

Of course she's a relative, just not one of my relatives.:cool:

I imagine you're the one in your family.:nod:

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 11:53 AM

And the way she leans forward and puts that constipated look on her face. At least Jon has the decency to look bored stiff half the time (particularly when he's sitting next to Ryan).

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 11:56 AM
It was just plain horrible. I'm sick of her gestures too, she's trying WAAAAAAYYYYYY too hard to be little Ms. R&B on every song Elton John's GYBR calls for a singing style that is totally different from what she delivered last night. She should absolutely without a doubt be in the bottom three. But redhead John should be the one booted out.

In her defense, Paula & Randy have been clamoring for her to do more R & B with her voice again. I'm not saying I agree with them, but she was obviously trying to take their advice just like Diana was with the high-fives.

I find John tolerable if I just picture him as a claymation figure singing to a claymation Rudolph.

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 11:58 AM
I finally figured out what his little dance/bounce thing reminds me of: The Brady Bunch episode where they sang "Keep On." They did the same little bounce thing on the "keep ons"...
"We're gonna keep on, keep on, keep on singing and dancing all through the night...."

Carol

Yeah, next week's theme is Brady Six Night. Diana should be turning cartwheels: Sunshine Day has her face written all over it.:)

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 12:00 PM

I literally winced when John tried the "Laaaaaaaa-la-la-la-la-laaaaaaaaa" from Croc Rock & his vioce cracked! - painful!

That was absolutely excrutiating. I'm surprised Simon didn't gong him just then.:nod:

- Jake

golden braid
04-07-2004, 12:11 PM
And the way she leans forward and puts that constipated look on her face. At least Jon has the decency to look bored stiff half the time (particularly when he's sitting next to Ryan).

- Jake

I can't stand Camille either. Especially after her rendition of Desperado.

GardenStateGirlie
04-07-2004, 12:12 PM
People voting just cuz someone's from their city is pissing me off. If they suck, they suck. Please vote for talent, not geographic location!

Paula

:nod: However, I have to say I think now, as a whole, this competition is a total joke. Look at who won last season and look at the two people that have a bigger career than the winner (Clay and Kimberley). You know it's going to end up being someone horrendous that has the votes behind them that ends up winning this thing. But, much like last season, those with the talent will come out on top :nod:

Livia
04-07-2004, 12:17 PM
Poor Elton John - I can't believe he let 70% of the contestants butcher his songs last nite.

LOL over the Brady Bunch references. Maybe Simon will kiss Paula and she can say, "I'll never wash this cheek again."

LaToya, Jennifer and George were my faves. I forgot to vote, dammit.

But, since we all know the majority of Americans voting for this crap is on crack, my dream of John and JPL being dismissed tonight probably won't come true....

GardenStateGirlie
04-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Of course she's a relative, just not one of my relatives.:cool:

I imagine you're the one in your family.:nod:

- Jake

Thankfully, that distinction belongs to another :nod:

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 12:32 PM
LOL over the Brady Bunch references. Maybe Simon will kiss Paula and she can say, "I'll never wash this cheek again."

Picture Jennifer with her old frizzy hairstyle: "It's always Fantasia, Fantasia, Fantasia.":laugh:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Goodbye, Camille :wavey:

I am, however, totally pissed (as I believe Paula was as well) at the fact that Diana and Jasmine were in the bottom three. This is becoming RIDICULOUS.

greatdarkwing
04-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Well...Camile Velasco is gone....while I feel she needed to go, I feel that JPLL annd John "monotonal" stevens should have gone tonight.....what p!sses me off about that, is that they werent even in the bottom 3!!!!!

~Alex

WelshWitchPMD
04-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Well...Camile Velasco is gone....while I feel she needed to go, I feel that JPLL annd John "monotonal" stevens should have gone tonight.....what p!sses me off about that, is that they werent even in the bottom 3!!!!!

~Alex

I hear you Alex! :) What is wrong with these people voting?

greatdarkwing
04-07-2004, 08:09 PM

This is what happens when a 13 year old girl in love with Nsync is given a cellphone with unlimited text messaging, LOL:laugh: :laugh:

~Alex

Patti
04-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Finally! I'm GLAD Camille is gone. Next stop John Stevens (she said hopefully).

Patti

GardenStateGirlie
04-07-2004, 08:10 PM

Obviously, a lot. I think we ought to take Jake's suggestion...put up a map and see where all of these votes are coming from. I'd put money on the fact that it's probably the same people from where John and John Peterless live voting over and over again for them :nod:

WelshWitchPMD
04-07-2004, 08:10 PM
This is what happens when a 13 year old girl in love with Nsync is given a cellphone with unlimited text messaging, LOL:laugh: :laugh:

~Alex

ROTFLMAO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 09:34 PM

~Alex

Precisely.

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-07-2004, 09:44 PM
Thoughts on Wednesday night:

I did not care for Tamyra's song, and her hair looked like she has been bunking with Whitney in rehab.

The group numbers are painful. Poor George has to sing with two guys who need voice lessons.

The '70s video with George in the afro was not good. Purple-wigged John Stevens looked like a reject from an Adam Ant video.

Camile's performance was better on Wednesday than on Tuesday; Jasmine's was worse.

They must stop stretching the results show to an hour.

Additional thoughts on Tuesday night:

Simon should not be allowed to skip giving comments like he did with Diana. Do your friggin' job, man.

Randy needs a thesaurus (assuming he speaks English in the first place). "It's awlight, it was kind of pitchy in parts, but it was good."

Am I the only one who thought Paula's comments to Jasmine were perfectly comprehensible for once?

Anybody else see the sourpuss girls sitting behind Randy in the front row just after Jennifer's performance? They did not clap, & one of them grimaced when he said Jennifer was the best of the night.

- Jake

cliffdweller
04-08-2004, 09:05 AM
Precisely.

- Jake

:eek:

I wasn't home last night and am shocked to hear that the two John's are still safe!!! Red-head is so horrible words cannot even begin to describe....

JPL is horrible too, but redhead took the prize for MOST horrible. I mean, his rendition of Crocodile Rock was painful!

I'm glad Camille is gone too. I'm REALLY glad that Jennifer is safe. It had me worried that she was in the bottom three last week.

darklinensuit
04-08-2004, 10:02 AM
:eek:

I wasn't home last night and am shocked to hear that the two John's are still safe!!! Red-head is so horrible words cannot even begin to describe....

JPL is horrible too, but redhead took the prize for MOST horrible. I mean, his rendition of Crocodile Rock was painful!

I'm glad Camille is gone too. I'm REALLY glad that Jennifer is safe. It had me worried that she was in the bottom three last week.

Twice she was in the bottom three!

Can you believe that John & Jon didn't even make it to the bottom three?

- Jake

skcin
04-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Obviously, a lot. I think we ought to take Jake's suggestion...put up a map and see where all of these votes are coming from. I'd put money on the fact that it's probably the same people from where John and John Peterless live voting over and over again for them :nod:

This is a sure bet!

Paula

PS - what's next week's theme?

WelshWitchPMD
04-08-2004, 08:00 PM
I saw on MSNBC an interview with Barry Manilow and he mentioned that he will be working with the AI contestants. I don't know when it will be on but they will pick one of his songs and he is going help them arrange the music.

wondergirl9847
04-08-2004, 08:14 PM
He is rumoured to be on April 20th-21st I believe.

skcin
04-08-2004, 09:31 PM
He is rumoured to be on April 20th-21st I believe.

Oh boy, Happy Birthday to me :rolleyes:

Paula

PS - sorry if I've offended any Fanilows out there, heeheehee.

WelshWitchPMD
04-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Oh boy, Happy Birthday to me :rolleyes:

Paula

PS - sorry if I've offended any Fanilows out there, heeheehee.

I am not a big fan of his but he does put on a good show.

darklinensuit
04-09-2004, 11:03 AM
Great. John Stevens singing Copa Cabana. Maybe dancing with feathers and glitter.:rolleyes:
Their ratings already went down by 3,000,000 viewers Tuesday night, and supposedly it's because so many people have sworn off the show from last week's voting results.
Let them put that in their Cokes and sip it.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-09-2004, 11:09 AM
I bet John sings Mandy. And I bet I don't watch. Or, I start to watch and turn the channel. The show has gotten BEYOND bad :distress:

darklinensuit
04-09-2004, 11:26 AM
I bet John sings Mandy. And I bet I don't watch. Or, I start to watch and turn the channel. The show has gotten BEYOND bad :distress:

I don't think I can name five Manilow songs.

I was thinking how bad the show has gotten, but to be honest, I didn't care for the second season. The guest judges were a waste & I never had favorite contestants like I did in the first season & in this season.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-09-2004, 11:34 AM
I don't think I can name five Manilow songs.

I was thinking how bad the show has gotten, but to be honest, I didn't care for the second season. The guest judges were a waste & I never had favorite contestants like I did in the first season & in this season.

- Jake

I can name two. And it's the two we've already mentioned. He was just on The View today. Frankly, I don't like his music and of course, with the American Idol contestants singing the songs, they'll sound 10x's worse. I wasn't a big fan of last season either. I think much like Millionaire and a few of the other shows on TV, they should do things like this every other season instead of putting it on every year. The first season was fresh and new and people didn't know what to expect. I think the show has run its course.

darklinensuit
04-09-2004, 11:41 AM
I can name two. And it's the two we've already mentioned. He was just on The View today. Frankly, I don't like his music and of course, with the American Idol contestants singing the songs, they'll sound 10x's worse. I wasn't a big fan of last season either. I think much like Millionaire and a few of the other shows on TV, they should do things like this every other season instead of putting it on every year. The first season was fresh and new and people didn't know what to expect. I think the show has run its course.

I'll say this, they're killing the show with the abundance of commercials.
What percentage of the hour actually provides music?

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-09-2004, 11:43 AM
I'll say this, they're killing the show with the abundance of commercials.
What percentage of the hour actually provides music?

- Jake

That depends. Do you actually consider what we're hearing during the show, music?

darklinensuit
04-09-2004, 11:52 AM
That depends. Do you actually consider what we're hearing during the show, music?

Knew that was coming.
Yes. It doesn't have to be good to be music, though fortunately some of it is.
Besides, we're spoiled. That British judge said she'd love to have all nine contestants over there. We live in a big country with a big music industry and a lot of money. Truth be told, I know I can't sing as well as any of them.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Knew that was coming.
Yes. It doesn't have to be good to be music, though fortunately some of it is.
Besides, we're spoiled. That British judge said she'd love to have all nine contestants over there. We live in a big country with a big music industry and a lot of money. Truth be told, I know I can't sing as well as any of them.

- Jake

I think the British host was just being polite. I think they produce more pop stars out of England than we do over here. There are A LOT of pop acts over there...some of which eventually make their way here while others do not. I know people who are completely and totally tone deaf that could sing better than Camille so without having ever heard you sing, I think you might be alright :nod:

darklinensuit
04-09-2004, 12:15 PM
I think the British host was just being polite. I think they produce more pop stars out of England than we do over here. There are A LOT of pop acts over there...some of which eventually make their way here while others do not. I know people who are completely and totally tone deaf that could sing better than Camille so without having ever heard you sing, I think you might be alright :nod:

I guess I'm not used to a British host being polite.;)

I know I can't sing better than Camile, but my facial expressions are better.

- Jake

dissention
04-09-2004, 12:16 PM

I thought I was the only one who thought her face looked like the ExLax was finally kicking in. Phew.

GardenStateGirlie
04-09-2004, 12:31 PM

Instead of the constipated look, it'd probably be deer in headlights

WelshWitchPMD
04-09-2004, 06:24 PM
I guess anybody can have their 15 minutes of fame. William Hung was performing on the plaza on the Today Show this morning. He was promoting his new CD.:confused:

Patti
04-09-2004, 09:22 PM
According to the AI website, next week's theme is songs from the movies.

Patti

dissention
04-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Patti

Patti

I'd love to see Jennifer sing "Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch Me" from Rocky Horror. :nod: :laugh:

"I thought there's no use getting
Into heavy petting
It only leads to trouble and...
Seat wetting..."

darklinensuit
04-10-2004, 12:12 AM
I thought I was the only one who thought her face looked like the ExLax was finally kicking in. Phew.

It's not for nothing I've been calling her Camilestapation.:(

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-10-2004, 12:14 AM
Instead of the constipated look, it'd probably be deer in headlights

Probably, but that's still better than the mouth in the BudLites look you would have.

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-10-2004, 12:16 AM
I guess anybody can have their 15 minutes of fame. William Hung was performing on the plaza on the Today Show this morning. He was promoting his new CD.:confused:

What kills me is he was not even the most entertaining of the worst singers. People latched on to his personality and are treating him like a performing pet. :rolleyes:

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Patti

Patti

I'm not kidding, I had a dream last night that this was the theme, only Camile was doing all the songs.
In every song she was doing the same "Aaaah-aaah-aaah-aaah-ahhs that she did in Somone Saved My Life Tonight.:rolleyes:
That sound has been in my head all day. At least now I remember why.

So what do you guys think would be the worst choices?

John Stevens - Neutron Dance (Pointer Sisters)
Jasmine - Living In America (James Brown)
Jon Peterless - Stir It Up (Patti LaBelle)
LaToya - Live To Tell (Yawn) (Madonna)
Fantasia - For Your Eyes Only (Overkill) (Sheena Easton)
Jennifer - Theme From Mahogany (She'd BELT it) (Diana Ross)
George - Ice Castles (Melissa Manchester)
Diana - That Eminem song from his movie

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-10-2004, 12:29 AM
I'd love to see Jennifer sing "Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch Me" from Rocky Horror. :nod: :laugh:

"I thought there's no use getting
Into heavy petting
It only leads to trouble and...
Seat wetting..."

'Fess up.
You want to see John and Jon perform as Frank'NFurter and his creation.:eek:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-10-2004, 12:31 AM
Probably, but that's still better than the mouth in the BudLites look you would have.

- Jake

Yea, because I haven't sang on stage by myself or anything ever :rolleyes:

GardenStateGirlie
04-10-2004, 12:33 AM
I'm not kidding, I had a dream last night that this was the theme, only Camile was doing all the songs.
In every song she was doing the same "Aaaah-aaah-aaah-aaah-ahhs that she did in Somone Saved My Life Tonight.:rolleyes:
That sound has been in my head all day. At least now I remember why.

So what do you guys think would be the worst choices?

John Stevens - Neutron Dance (Pointer Sisters)
Jasmine - Living In America (James Brown)
Jon Peterless - Stir It Up (Patti LaBelle)
LaToya - Live To Tell (Yawn) (Madonna)
Fantasia - For Your Eyes Only (Overkill) (Sheena Easton)
George - Ice Castles (Melissa Manchester)

- Jake

I don't know that it could get any worse than that.... :laugh: :laugh:

darklinensuit
04-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Yea, because I haven't sang on stage by myself or anything ever :rolleyes:

Still crashing the Miss America Show, eh?

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-10-2004, 12:51 AM
Still crashing the Miss America Show, eh?

- Jake

No, but I do hand out Dipstix to all the contestants. :wavey:

dissention
04-10-2004, 09:49 AM
'Fess up.
You want to see John and Jon perform as Frank'NFurter and his creation.:eek:

- Jake

:eek: One of them in a gold thong?!

*throws up breakfast*

That would be worse than Jake in one. :mad:

darklinensuit
04-10-2004, 12:20 PM
:eek: One of them in a gold thong?!

*throws up breakfast*

That would be worse than Jake in one. :mad:

Jealous? Your would hang loose unless you wore it on your mouth.:wavey:

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-10-2004, 12:23 PM
I don't know that it could get any worse than that.... :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know that this is worse, but I have a feeling that John or Jon will sing Arthur's Theme.

- Jake

skcin
04-10-2004, 01:52 PM

- Jake

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see her now, dressed in baggy jeans & a basketball jersey with a baseball cap on backwards, high-fiving everyone...

I think it's safe to say nobody will do any of Stevie's movie themes. None were ever released as a single, were they?

Holiday Road, anyone? (Heeheehee, JK)

Just saw "Say You, Say Me" from White Knights on VH1 Classic - let's hope THAT one doesn't get resurrected on Wednesday.

Paula

darklinensuit
04-10-2004, 03:23 PM

Holiday Road, anyone? (Heeheehee, JK)]

By John stevens!:laugh:
(Could be worse. He could do the theme from Saturday Night Fever.)

- Jake

greatdarkwing
04-10-2004, 09:31 PM
By John stevens!:laugh:
(Could be worse. He could do the theme from Saturday Night Fever.)

- Jake
With our luck he'll do the theme from "Titanic".. :shocked: (vomits).....My problem is Simon's comments from last Tuesday. He clearly said that America votes for who they like...I personally think if AI wants to find the BEST talent, they will change their voting to Survivor-style....this will prevent idiots like JPL and red head from making it further than they should. Honestly, take a look at every poll conducted. If "America" had its way, and not 13 year old girls, then John Stevens would have bitten the dust weeks ago!

~Alex

The Tower
04-10-2004, 10:10 PM
Well, I've held back for a long time, but what the hell....

"American Idol" and the rest of those ****ty reality shows are just contributing to the diminishment of our culture.

I just don't understand why anyone would want to watch a bunch of pathetic no-talents jockey for attention. It's just "Star Search" all over again.

Well.... at least it's a testament to how bad television is these days. If "American Idol" can be number one, then the networks are really on their way out.

Thanks gawd I hav TiVo!!! :blob1:

darklinensuit
04-11-2004, 12:47 PM
Well, I've held back for a long time, but what the hell....

"American Idol" and the rest of those ****ty reality shows are just contributing to the diminishment of our culture.

I just don't understand why anyone would want to watch a bunch of pathetic no-talents jockey for attention. It's just "Star Search" all over again.

Well.... at least it's a testament to how bad television is these days. If "American Idol" can be number one, then the networks are really on their way out.

Thanks gawd I hav TiVo!!! :blob1:

Usually I agree with you, but not this time. There's no doubt AI is crap TV, but I think it's harmless. I always hated Star Search. This is different. Maybe it's the themes or the interaction with the judges and fans, or maybe it's that here we get to know & follow a group of contestants. On Star search you really just see the singers for their performances.
Anyway, to each his own. And if anyone is wondering, I may not have cable or a DVD player, but I know what Tivo is.

- Jake

wondergirl9847
04-12-2004, 02:53 PM
I've heard that Quentin Tarantino (Yes, that one. LOL) will be a guest judge. Also, Christina Christian (from AI 1) will be singing a song of hers on Wednesday's results show. The theme for tomorrow is movie theme songs. That kinda explains Quentin, but still. :shocked:

skcin
04-12-2004, 04:51 PM
I've heard that Quentin Tarantino (Yes, that one. LOL) will be a guest judge. Also, Christina Christian (from AI 1) will be singing a song of hers on Wednesday's results show. The theme for tomorrow is movie theme songs. That kinda explains Quentin, but still. :shocked:

R U kidding? Oh boy, this should be interesting.

I'm hoping for John Stevens to do "Danger Zone" from Top Gun :lol:

(sorry, I just heard it recently for the first time in a LONG time. It's just so...well, BAD!)

Paula

wondergirl9847
04-12-2004, 05:02 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/rcfox.htm

UPDATE: BUSH BUMPS 'IDOL'

FOX will delay this week's AMERICAN IDOL competition by 24 hours, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned, after the White House scheduled a formal Bush press conference during IDOL's Tuesday timeslot.

"We are going to tape the show Tuesday night -- and air it on Wednesday, and the results from the show will be revealed during a special live Thursday night hour," a FOX source explained from Los Angeles.

Developing...

FOX DEBATES: 'AMERICAN IDOL' OVER BUSH PRESS CONFERENCE

The White House scheduling of President Bush's formal press conference tomorrow night at 8:30 PM ET has thrown FOX-TV and its top-rated AMERICAN IDOL into chaos, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

FOX executives on Monday afternoon wrestled over whether to postpone this week's lucrative live IDOL showdown for the White House.

The Bush 8:30 PM press conference is set to run approximately 45 minutes, leaving a non-interrupted IDOL hour a scheduling impossibility during FOX's 8 to 10 PM primetime block.

IDOL commands the largest audience in television, with viewership levels passing 23 million in recent weeks.

One top executive argued Monday afternoon that the show should go forward -- with an on-screen disclaimer directing viewers to FOX NEWS channel for Bush coverage.

No final decision has made as this transmits.

Developing...

hayley
04-12-2004, 06:28 PM
And I thought I was mad about no WMDs... oil... his general suckitude... but oh NO he didn't just mess up American Idol, and worse- possibly screw with 24 as well.

dissention
04-12-2004, 06:29 PM
:shocked:

"You're now entering the Spin Zone..."

skcin
04-13-2004, 03:35 PM
And I thought I was mad about no WMDs... oil... his general suckitude... but oh NO he didn't just mess up American Idol, and worse- possibly screw with 24 as well.

G*dammit! Does Bush not have anything BETTER to do right now?

Paula

Livia
04-13-2004, 03:43 PM
I bet the teeny boppers who keep stuffing JPL's ballot box are pissed! LOL

cliffdweller
04-13-2004, 10:50 PM
Great. John Stevens singing Copa Cabana. Maybe dancing with feathers and glitter.:rolleyes: - Jake

"Her name was Lola she was a showgirl"....~cringe!~

cliffdweller
04-13-2004, 10:53 PM

Funnily (ha!) enough, I'd like to hear this! I don't think it would sound half bad.

And don't taunt me with that Sheena Easton reference, ever since Sugar Walls I've deemed her cringeworthy. :laugh:

darklinensuit
04-13-2004, 11:39 PM
Funnily (ha!) enough, I'd like to hear this! I don't think it would sound half bad.

And don't taunt me with that Sheena Easton reference, ever since Sugar Walls I've deemed her cringeworthy. :laugh:

I'm not a Sheena fan. Let's tie her to the Morning Train tracks. :cool:

- Jake

cliffdweller
04-14-2004, 09:12 AM
I'm not a Sheena fan. Let's tie her to the Morning Train tracks. :cool:

- Jake

thank you.

wondergirl9847
04-14-2004, 12:51 PM
Here is what they sang last night:
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/

John Stevens - "As Time Goes By" from Casablanca
Jon Peter Lewis - "Jailhouse Rock"
Latoya - something from West Side Story
Jasmine - "When I Fall in Love"
George - "Against All Odds"
Diana - "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic. And yes, the judges ripped her a new one.
Jennifer - "I Have Nothing" by Whitney Houston
Fantasia - "Summertime"

dissention
04-14-2004, 01:48 PM
Here is what they sang last night:
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/

John Stevens - "As Time Goes By" from Casablanca
Jon Peter Lewis - "Jailhouse Rock"
Latoya - something from West Side Story
Jasmine - "When I Fall in Love"
George - "Against All Odds"
Diana - "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic. And yes, the judges ripped her a new one.
Jennifer - "I Have Nothing" by Whitney Houston
Fantasia - "Summertime"

I can't wait to hear Jennifer sing "I Have Nothing." I hope she nails it. :nod:

The others? Ugh. It depends which "Summertime" Fantasia sings. If it's the one with the lyrics "I saw Billly Ray/In his red Chevrolet/And I swore he was winking" then it should be fantastic. But I don't know what movie that one was in. :shrug:

wondergirl9847
04-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Jennifer, Fantasia and LaToya apparently were praised highly for their songs.

dissention
04-14-2004, 02:10 PM

Considering they're the best, I'm glad. :D

wondergirl9847
04-14-2004, 03:06 PM
An article about tonight's show.

Idols Tackle the Big Screen

April 14, 2004
So will the "American Idol" hopefuls be twisting to CHUCK BERRY's "You Never Can Tell" tonight? Hey, it would be appropriate. FOX kicks off favorite movie song week tonight at 8 with none other than writer, director and music soundtrack pioneer QUENTIN TARANTINO" ('Pulp Fiction,' 'Reservoir Dogs') in the hot seat as the guest judge. Let's just hope no one loses an ear!

"I've been watching every episode," says Quentin, whose 'Kill Bill Vol. 2,' his butt-kicking conclusion to the vengeance film, is coming out this Friday, "so I'm all ready to step in."

According to PAULA ABDUL", tonight's show is the best yet. "Quentin Tarantino was just explosive," she says. "He was so much fun, great energy. I've got to tell you pretty much everybody had a great night. There was only one contestant that I felt didn't have his best night."

The hit talent show was bumped from its usual timeslot Tuesday at 8, due to a televised press conference by the non-singing/twisting GEORGE W. BUSH. As a result, "Idol"'s performance show was taped Tuesday but now airs tonight at 8, and its results show will now be broadcast at 8 p.m. on Thursday. As a result, our special correspondent, Paula has lots of inside spoilers on tonight's ET!

The lineup of songs is as follows: GEORGE HUFF sings "Against All Odds," FANTASIA BARRINO performs "Summertime" from 'Porgy and Bess,' LA TOYA LONDON entertains with "Somewhere" from 'West Side Story,' a still sick DIANA DeGARMO gave her all on "My Heart Will Go On" from 'Titanic,' JON PETER LEWIS rocked out on "Jailhouse Rock," JOHN STEVENS crooned "A Kiss is Still a Kiss" from, 'Casblanca,' JENNIFER HUDSON belted "I Have Nothing" from 'Bodyguard' and JASMINE TRIAS went romantic with "When I Fall In Love" from 'Sleepless in Seattle.'

"Fantasia had a real magical performance," Paula shares. "It is rare for a performer when everything connects and works perfectly. It moved her to tears. She sat at the edge of the stage and sang 'Summertime.' By the end she was crying, she was so overwhelmed by emotion. It was very genuine and tender."

But George was another story. According to Paula, he had his worse night to date because he made a bad song choice. When Paula asked him why he picked the song he did, he told her, "I felt that I got into this competition against all odds. I wasn't supposed to be here."

But who knew the 'Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2' creator is a hardcore "Idol" fan? So much so that Quentin told Paula that he scheduled the editing of both 'Kill Bill's around the "American Idol" broadcasts.

Before arriving at "Idol," Quentin bragged, "I won't be a judge along the lines of the normal celebrity judges, who give all the guys a walk and most of the time they've never watched the show in the first place. If they do it, they got it from me. If they don't, they don't."

But when he met Paula at rehearsals, Quentin admitted, "I love them all." Still, it was a good thing that it wasn't live, because after LaToya sang "Somwhere," Quentin said, "I have three words: ef--n power house." And while Quentin had cleaned it up for TV, the producers still weren't sure if they could use it and taped a back up just in case.

Then on Thursday, season-one finalist CHRISTINA CHRISTIAN will be on the FOX stage to sing "Forever or Never" from her upcoming album.

Tune in to ET tonight when Paula will judge Quentin, and don't forget to watch "Idol" in its special time tonight and tomorrow at 8!

dissention
04-14-2004, 03:50 PM
:blob1: :blob1: :blob1:

QUENTIN TARANTINO!!!!!

I am a whore for Quentin Tarantino. He? Is A Living Genius.

:blob1: :blob1: :blob1:

Hawkeye
04-14-2004, 05:23 PM
I bet Diana could've done a mean battle of the Dragon. I don't like any of the songs they are doing tonight. But I'll still watch. Paula says they all do good tonight, but coming from her that don't mean much :rolleyes:

greatdarkwing
04-14-2004, 07:54 PM
Well, Im pretty sure Diana Degarmo will go tomorrow, UNFORTUNATELY....I have a feeling the two johns will not..... :mad: THERE IS NO JUSTICE!

~Alex

Hawkeye
04-14-2004, 10:11 PM
Fantasia and Latoya stole the show tonight. They were great. JPL wasn't bad tonight. he did rock the house. And Queten Terrintino was the best guest judge yet.

golden braid
04-14-2004, 10:45 PM
I know the judges loved Fantasia and she is a good singer but I didn't like the song at all. Jennifer did a good job. I am still waiting to hear LaToya.

GardenStateGirlie
04-14-2004, 10:52 PM
I was still at work when the show came on so I missed the first half. However, my mom said Jennifer gave a great performance. As much as I don't like Fantasia, I'd have to say that tonight was her song style...she's not an American Idol...she needs to sing R&B...she was amazing. LaToya was equally as amazing...she has a set of lungs on her. Tarantino needs to be judge every week...I LOVED his honesty. It's about time they had a guest judge that doesn't skirt around the obvious.

golden braid
04-14-2004, 10:53 PM
I loved Quentin. Whenever they had celebrity judges before they always were saying how well the contestants did. Quentin, however, speaks his mind. He told the contestants how he truly felt about them including the good and the bad.

skcin
04-15-2004, 09:19 AM
I loved Quentin. Whenever they had celebrity judges before they always were saying how well the contestants did. Quentin, however, speaks his mind. He told the contestants how he truly felt about them including the good and the bad.

FINALLY - a jusge who isn't just there kissing everyone's ass & being nicey-nicey! It was great!

The top 3 girls mentioned above blew everyone away. George was so-so. John Stevens sounded really good, actually, lucky for him he was able to do an old song this week that better suits his voice (after this, I think he'll be out of luck with that aspect.)

JPL shouted the song, IMO, he didn't sing it. Diana needs to go this week, she was out of tune - and what was she THINKING with "My Heart Will Go On?" I don't care if I NEVER hear it again, let alone coming out of HER mouth!

Paula

cliffdweller
04-15-2004, 09:31 AM

Those are the top three. They're the best. Unfortunately, Fantasia did a good job last night, even though I can't stand her, I have to give her mad props for that performance. I thought Jennifer was incredible, La Toya was consistant, I was bored by the song, but her voice is just so darned amazing!

JPL should be outta there as should red-headed John, Diana, and Jasimine. Any combo of those four should be in the bottom three tonight.

Quentin Tarantino should be a host every night. At least he's honest unlike most of the celebrity judges who just sit there and smile and act polite even when it's clear that someone just stunk up the stage.

dissention
04-15-2004, 09:56 AM
Jennifer- Her best night yet and she looked absolutely stunning.

Fantasia- Mama blew me away. I'm a Fantasia fan (even though she's not my fave), but this one was amazing. A-MA-ZING.

LaToya- Hated the song, but loved her voice. However, she's another one without a shred of charisma.

George- I actually liked him. He did good.

JPL- Didn't see all og him because I was too busy looking for a step ladder and some rope.

John Stevens- Ugh. If he snaps his fingers one more time...

Jasmine- Go home.

Diana- Nice voice, but she sings without emotion and picks horrible songs. And she's a cheesy performer.

I *loved* Quentin and thought last nights show was the best so far. The bottom three should be JPL, Jasmine, and John Stevens. And JPL should go home.

darklinensuit
04-15-2004, 10:11 AM
I had a headache & missed George and Jennifer completely.
My take on the rest:

Jon Peterless - Flat as a pancake, but won't make the bottom three.

John Stevens - Better than he's been in weeks. I agree with Simon: I was thinking the whole time he lacks maturity in his phrasing and gestures.

Fantasia - Stylish and great, though Randy overrated it. I hated the YeahYeahYeah in the middle, but kudos for her first new ending.

LaToya - I don't care for her voice. She can hold a note wonderfully, but there's nothing extraordinary about her sound her style.

Diana - Very bad

Jasmine - adorable personality, but her performances keep slipping. The voice is giving out.

What were the judges' specific comments on George and Jennifer?

- Jake

dissention
04-15-2004, 10:17 AM
What were the judges' specific comments on George and Jennifer?

- Jake

No one liked George except for Quentin, but everyone loved Jennifer. They said that she set her standard so high that if she does anything less it'll be a damn shame. :blob1:

wondergirl9847
04-15-2004, 11:02 AM
**Chandler voice** Could this show BE anymore boring?

I don't know WHAT it is about this season, but I don't care for any of these people. I keep watching, but I don't know WHY. LOL It's just a group of oversingers and bores. I need to find something better to do. :laugh:

**Simon voice** So what? :shrug:

I'm an idiot.

darklinensuit
04-15-2004, 05:00 PM
**Chandler voice** Could this show BE anymore boring?

I don't know WHAT it is about this season, but I don't care for any of these people. I keep watching, but I don't know WHY. LOL It's just a group of oversingers and bores. I need to find something better to do. :laugh:

**Simon voice** So what? :shrug:

I'm an idiot.

I like it, but last season I'd have agreed with this 100%.

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-15-2004, 05:06 PM
No one liked George except for Quentin, but everyone loved Jennifer. They said that she set her standard so high that if she does anything less it'll be a damn shame. :blob1:

Thanks. And I missed it.

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-15-2004, 05:11 PM
Jennifer- Her best night yet and she looked absolutely stunning..

Better than Circle of Life or Imagine? Wow.
They are doing a lot to change her look. The Second Coming of Kimberly Locke.

BTW, Janis Joplin does my favorite version of Summertime.

Another thought: I don't think the evening's performers should have been allowed to do songs that originated onstage rather than onscreen. Somewhere did not originate in the movie (Correct?), and neither did Summertime.
By that logic, maybe contestants should be able to perform Landslide. It's been used in movies. :rolleyes: Think, we could have the Diana version, with her smiling and lifting her brow all cutesy through the song.

- Jake

dissention
04-15-2004, 05:29 PM
Better than Circle of Life or Imagine? Wow.
They are doing a lot to change her look. The Second Coming of Kimberly Locke.

Better. And they put her in a great black evening dress and she looked very classy.

darklinensuit
04-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Better. And they put her in a great black evening dress and she looked very classy.

No black cardigan, one presumes? ;)

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-15-2004, 07:48 PM
One John down...one to go :wavey:

Merf
04-15-2004, 08:22 PM
FINALLY! America voted with its head instead of its Fangirl tendencies.

BYE BYE, JPL!!!!!

My top three predicitions:

Fantasia
Jennifer
La Toya

darklinensuit
04-15-2004, 11:05 PM
FINALLY! America voted with its head instead of its Fangirl tendencies.

BYE BYE, JPL!!!!!

My top three predicitions:

Fantasia
Jennifer
La Toya

I hope Jennifer makes it that far. I was pleasantly surprised by the ovation she received Thursday night. Maybe the public is starting to appreciate her. Still, I suspect that it will be LaToya, George, and Fantasia. I'd like for it to be Jennifer, George, and Fantasia.
BTW, I'm surprised that Jasmine and Diana are slipping so far in their vocal performances lately.

- Jake

darklinensuit
04-15-2004, 11:11 PM

Jon's voice at the end of Thursday's show was awful, but I'll say this for him - he was gracious and went out with a bang, really having fun to the last moment. John Stevens was appropriately sad-faced when he consoled Jon as the final results were announced. I thought Diana was (unintentionally) obnoxious/rude, jumping up and down, grinning ear to ear, and hugging the guys when it was announced that she was safe. Her youth is showing.
BTW, somebody needs to tell Christina Christian that Beyonce is not dead, so she should stop trying to channel her spirit onstage. :distress:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-15-2004, 11:19 PM
Jon's voice at the end of Thursday's show was awful, but I'll say this for him - he was gracious and went out with a bang, really having fun to the last moment. John Stevens was appropriately sad-faced when he consoled Jon as the final results were announced. I thought Diana was (unintentionally) obnoxious/rude, jumping up and down, grinning ear to ear, and hugging the guys when it was announced that she was safe. Her youth is showing.
BTW, somebody needs to tell Christina Christian that Beyonce is not dead, so she should stop trying to channel her spirit onstage. :distress:

- Jake

He did indeed go out with a bang. That was probably his best performance. It's a shame he didn't do that last night. Oh well.

Diana seemed to be sort of skeptical as to whether or not she was going to be safe. Remember, both of the guys had either always been safe or voted to the bottom three and then saved. Like you said, I think it was unintentional but she truly was relieved. I don't think that she thought she'd have a shot in hell because both guys have a big fan base. I think she's aware of the mistake that was her song choice last night and will come back strong next week.

Oye. Christina. Honey. Stop singing. She was dredful.

darklinensuit
04-15-2004, 11:27 PM
Oye. Christina. Honey. Stop singing. She was dredful.

That Madonna voguing over-the-shoulder frozen pose for the camera at the end of the song had me laughing out loud! Granted, AI hardly breeds originality very often, but her entire performance was derivative in every way.

And how about RJ glaring at Ryan Seacrest! Didn't Ryan joke on the show this season that some contestants would be doomed to follow RJ's and EJ's path to nowhereville?

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-16-2004, 12:02 AM
That Madonna voguing over-the-shoulder frozen pose for the camera at the end of the song had me laughing out loud! Granted, AI hardly breeds originality very often, but her entire performance was derivative in every way.

And how about RJ glaring at Ryan Seacrest! Didn't Ryan joke on the show this season that some contestants would be doomed to follow RJ's and EJ's path to nowhereville?

- Jake

Christina, we're not laughing with you...we're laughing at you. Somehow I don't think that album will be flying off the shelves.

Breeds originality? Hell, i'm debating whether or not they breed talent!

The RJ glare was stellar. He's got Seacrest's number for sure :nod:

darklinensuit
04-16-2004, 12:07 AM
And how could I forget to mention Wednesday night's icky shower video! I wanted to throw a robe over the TV.

The Ford video with the animation was an insult to the viewers, too. I really thought those ratty Quiznos thingamabobbers were going to be peering out of the car with them.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
04-16-2004, 12:34 AM
And how could I forget to mention Wednesday night's icky shower video! I wanted to throw a robe over the TV.

The Ford video with the animation was an insult to the viewers, too. I really thought those ratty Quiznos thingamabobbers were going to be peering out of the car with them.

- Jake

Oh, please! If you're short-skirted-long-legged blonde dancer girl were still in the competition, you'd be all about it, liar!

Quiznos ratpoopers and American Idol. Sounds like a perfect pairing. I know a few idol contestants that can do ratpooper voiceovers :nod:

cliffdweller
04-16-2004, 09:10 AM

I did the dance of joy in my living room when that spasmodic no-talent got the boot. Did you guys see his face? He was making some weird faces throughout the whole sequence. I think he's seriously disturbed. :laugh:

The next to go should be John, although I'm kinda thinking it might be Diana.

cliffdweller
04-16-2004, 09:15 AM
BTW, I'm surprised that Jasmine and Diana are slipping so far in their vocal performances lately.

- Jake

Well...I don't think that Diana has any real staying power anyway. Her vocals are all powerhouse and no technique, I think she needs more experience. The tone of her voice totally grates on my nerves.

I think Jasmine has a pretty voice and better control, it's just that she's just so darned young. I don't know if she can really pull off a lot of the songs she tries. Same goes for Diana.

Livia
04-16-2004, 10:03 AM
When they announced that George was doing a song from "Against All Odds," I was kinda hoping for "Violet and Blue."

I'm kidding.

But Yay America! Buh-bye JPL. Your departure is loooong overdue.

That Splish Splash thing nearly made me hurl.

skcin
04-16-2004, 12:33 PM
BTW, somebody needs to tell Christina Christian that Beyonce is not dead, so she should stop trying to channel
her spirit onstage. :distress:

- Jake

Jake,

You read my mind on all points, so I won't repeat them.

Let's go, MANILOW! :rolleyes:

Paula

darklinensuit
04-20-2004, 01:55 AM
Any word on who's singing what?
I don't know many of his songs. Copa Cabana, I Write the Songs, Mandy...

BTW, Thursday night PrimeTimeLive (I think) has interviews with RJ & Kimberly Locke about losing. I can't wait to see RJ spill the beans. He seems like a sour pisser, if you'll forgive my language. (And I still remember cracking up the night he wore an all white suit like he was the second coming of Tattoo. Look, Ryan! Zee plane, zee plane!)

- Jake

dissention
04-20-2004, 10:07 AM
Any word on who's singing what?
I don't know many of his songs. Copa Cabana, I Write the Songs, Mandy...

BTW, Thursday night PrimeTimeLive (I think) has interviews with RJ & Kimberly Locke about losing. I can't wait to see RJ spill the beans. He seems like a sour pisser, if you'll forgive my language. (And I still remember cracking up the night he wore an all white suit like he was the second coming of Tattoo. Look, Ryan! Zee plane, zee plane!)

- Jake

They should've had Ryan Starr on. She said Simon's a real pervert.

Hawkeye
04-20-2004, 05:17 PM
I watch the show every week, but I highly doubt I'm going to this week. Really Barry Manilow.

DeeGeMe
04-20-2004, 06:08 PM
I watch the show every week, but I highly doubt I'm going to this week. Really Barry Manilow.

Yeah--what's up with that anyway? Last year it was Neil Sedaka. This year Barry Manilow. Do these kids have any idea who these folks are? I barely remember them and I'm pushing 40!

Hawkeye
04-20-2004, 07:22 PM
well I'm watching it desoite not knowing BArry Manilow. And I must say the contestants are doing great with these bad songs.

GardenStateGirlie
04-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Am I deaf or am I the only one that thought Jasmine really wasn't all that good? Better than last week but still not that good. Jennifer owned tonight along with LaToya. John...see ya buddy...you're out. I thought George was terrible and I really couldn't take Fantasia's church revival. Diana can hold those notes but I will say she has some more growing to do. If she were to come back next year, she'd do really well. I'm very impressed by Jennifer and LaToya tonight.

Violet
04-20-2004, 08:16 PM
and I really couldn't take Fantasia's church revival.

I totally agree...and am I the only one who thinks it's unfair that the only family they showed backstage was Fantasia's? And then brought her daughter out on the stage? I just didn't think that was right... :shrug:

Carol