PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

Pages : [1] 2 3

Livia
02-12-2004, 02:01 PM
The official thread of AI3 - and here's a little funny to kick things off:

AI in the workplace (http://clarkson.edu/~wirkusf/stfu.swf )

I love Fantasia. She's unique, she can "sang," and her name rocks!

Discuss!!

wondergirl9847
02-12-2004, 02:06 PM
I couldn't care less about AI anymore. Last year, I was sucked into rooting for Clay *Barf* Aiken, who turned out to be a jerk.

I'm sticking with Justin...:) I miss the charm and non-egos on AI 1.

LMAO at that guy smackin' her upside the head!!! :lol:

dissention
02-12-2004, 02:27 PM
I *looooooooooooooooove* Fantasia.

Girl has some pipes and, finally, there is someone with a UNIQUE voice on that show. Until she came along, they all sang the same damn songs and they all sounded like each other, but this gal picks good stuff and sounds original. The other contestants should take notice.

strandinthewind
02-12-2004, 02:29 PM
My fav. was the one that looked like Mickey Rooney in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" "Misssyy GOOWWWW WWWHIITTWWWYYYY -- YYOUUUUU GOO TOO FFAAWWWRRRRR TTHHHIIISSSS TTWWWIMMEEE" :laugh:

dissention
02-12-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by strandinthewind
My fav. was the one that looked like Mickey Rooney in "Breakfast at Tiffany's" "Misssyy GOOWWWW WWWHIITTWWWYYYY -- YYOUUUUU GOO TOO FFAAWWWRRRRR TTHHHIIISSSS TTWWWIMMEEE" :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LMAO!

darklinensuit
02-12-2004, 03:12 PM
I like Fantasia, but I preferred the dancer (was her name Debbie?) and the crying woman with the big hair (was her name Michelle?). The sixteen-year-old was good, too. I thought it was a strong group of eight; IMO the weakest were the Wind Beneath My Wings guy and that guy who made it into the top three.

- Jake

dissention
02-12-2004, 03:19 PM
That girl who sang Patsy Cline was horrific. She almost popped my eardrums.

darklinensuit
02-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by dissention
That girl who sang Patsy Cline was horrific. She almost popped my eardrums.

I didn't love her but thought the other two were far worse.

- Jake

dissention
02-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I didn't love her but thought the other two were far worse.

- Jake

Oh yeah, the two guys couldn't sing at all. I'm still shocked that Surfer Dude got into the top three. You know it was tweens that voted for that schmuck.

GardenStateGirlie
02-12-2004, 03:32 PM
I voted for Diana. I like her a lot already and she can sing and has an amazing stage presence...not to mention she's absolutely adorable and quelle surprise! She's a clothed 16 year old!

The one girl sounded like the goat from last year. Mr. Walking In Memphis, IMO, wasn't really that stellar. Must have been the hair and his eyes that got America voting for him.

Merf
02-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I couldn't care less about AI anymore. Last year, I was sucked into rooting for Clay *Barf* Aiken, who turned out to be a jerk.

OK, Christy... :wavey: Let me know, I have to know why you think Clay is a jerk. He is from Raleigh and went to school in Charlotte, (my home) and I know many people who know him or "know people who know him." He has always come off as a very nice and genuine guy. Did you have a run-in with him or something?

I'm just curious.

wondergirl9847
02-12-2004, 04:28 PM
He's a smarmy character is why I don't like him anymore. I rooted for him and voted on AI2, thinking, "Oh, he seems so humble and nice." Pffttt!! I saw a video of him on the net when he was on some show (Crap, wish I could remember which show, a news show, about the AI tour). Anyways, he was acting like a complete jackass and diva-ish about an audio technical thing. It was ridiculous.

Also, he's said some hateful things in articles about Justin. His die-hard fans are nuts too. I mean, they need serious mental help. Also, he acts very holier than thou in articles.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend any Clay fans, I just don't like him at all anymore. JMO.

darklinensuit
02-12-2004, 05:15 PM

His die-hard fans are nuts too. I mean, they need serious mental help.

Here's to the celebration of Mac fan sanity that is this board.:nod: :laugh: :wavey:

- Jake

wondergirl9847
02-12-2004, 05:23 PM
Yeah, but we don't believe that Stevie is God. :distress:

darklinensuit
02-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Yeah, but we don't believe that Stevie is God. :distress:

Of course not. I KNOW she is, and you (mistakenly) think Lindsey is.:wavey:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-12-2004, 05:39 PM
Of course not. I KNOW she is, and you (mistakenly) think Lindsey is.:wavey:

- Jake

Don't forget Christy's undying love for Justin Guarini ;) :D (kidding, girl! I will forever bust on you for that one :laugh: )

darklinensuit
02-12-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
Don't forget Christy's undying love for Justin Guarini ;) :D (kidding, girl! I will forever bust on you for that one :laugh: )

I think her fantasy is to braid his head to Lindsey's.:) :wavey:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-12-2004, 06:03 PM
I think her fantasy is to braid his head to Lindsey's.:) :wavey:

- Jake

It'll be like a two for one deal. Christy, you can't go wrong! But, I might have to fight you for the Liddy Buck....I don't want any JUSTIN hair though...

wondergirl9847
02-12-2004, 06:07 PM
are sick puppies!! LMAO!!!

I don't think ANYONE on this earth is God.

If Justin had been around back in the Rumours years, they could have had a battle of the fros. :laugh:

GardenStateGirlie
02-12-2004, 06:11 PM
are sick puppies!! LMAO!!!

I don't think ANYONE on this earth is God.

If Justin had been around back in the Rumours years, they could have had a battle of the fros. :laugh:

Well, I'm sure we've been called worse...and I know I am...Jake definately knows he is...so...thank you :laugh:

Only one problem with your BATTLE OF THE FROS theory. Justin Guarini wouldn't have been around with his pop songs...Lindsey would have turned his amp up and started playing....goodbye, guarini...that's how that would have went down :nod:

Merf
02-12-2004, 08:26 PM
Also, he's said some hateful things in articles about Justin. His die-hard fans are nuts too. I mean, they need serious mental help. Also, he acts very holier than thou in articles.

Hey again Christy, :wavey:

I don't mean to start a war about this-- but could you tell me where/when he said hateful things about Justin. Do you know where I can find these articles? I've read a lot of Clay's interviews and I've never heard him really mention Justin at all, except maybe bundled together with Kelly as well, or "past AI finalists."

About Clay's fans... yes, I believe they are very devoted. (Claymates- :laugh: ) My brother's best friend's Mom is one. ;) But I highly doubt that they believe he is a god. Clay is very religious and I doubt he would want that label put on him by his fans. I'm sure the label you are talking about is in jest or admiration, just like how you say "Lindsey is a guitar god." Same thing. ;)

Again, I'm not a "Claymate," but I have nothing against him and I've never come across anyone with such "Clayhate" as you. I think he's talented and I am happy for all his successes, and all the money he has given to charity (specifically, his autistic foundation) and to his former school (my university, UNC-Charlotte).

:nod:

I think that Clay's fans need mental help just as much as any fans need mental help-- Clay, Kelly, Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, FLEETWOOD MAC, Hilary Duff or anybody else! :lol:

wondergirl9847
02-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Well, I'll have to go a'searchin' for the articles where he dogged JG. I'll try to find them for ya.

I don't hate him, I just don't like his high and mighty attitude now that he's had so much success.

I'm also bitter at how he was hyped so much and Justin was crapped on by RCA and his CD was not promoted.

Another thing I am mad about...is that his charity work is touted out for everyone to fawn over. Justin Guarini's fans raised quite a bit of money for Habitat for Humanity and Justin matched it and NOBODY wanted to do a news story on THAT. He wouldn't have done it anyways.

wondergirl9847
02-12-2004, 10:15 PM
http://www.elle.com/article.asp?section_id=36&article_id=3037&page_number=1&preview=&magind=

In this article, his "tone" that I am reading is condescending towards certain people AND he says that Justin's smoothness gives him the willies. :rolleyes:

Fine, if you don't like Justin, but to say something mean like that in an article...CLASSLESS.

Also, Justin has NEVER, EVER, EVER said one bad thing about Clay or any other AIer. He's been overly positive in his comments about everyone. Clay has said that Justin only came in 2nd because of his looks.

Also, he never seems to say he loves his fans or appreciates their support. He called them "weird" in one interview. Yeah, really nice. :distress:

Hawkeye
02-13-2004, 12:30 AM
That 16 year old girl reminded me alot of Stevie belting out Rhiannon. I got THE MUSIC IN ME I GOT THE MSIC IIIIN MEEEE. She's the best person to ever be on American Idol by far. well I still got love for Ruben. I actually think he's had the best post-idol song anyones had yet with Sorry 2004.

darklinensuit
02-14-2004, 01:23 PM
I predict that the second group of eight will be very weak. I thought the two brothers were bad at the auditions.
But I think that woman whom Simon called fat will be in this next round, and I like her. I hope she makes himn eat his words.

- Jake

cliffdweller
02-14-2004, 07:47 PM
I like Fantasia, but I preferred the dancer (was her name Debbie?) and the crying woman with the big hair (was her name Michelle?). The sixteen-year-old was good, too. I thought it was a strong group of eight; IMO the weakest were the Wind Beneath My Wings guy and that guy who made it into the top three.

- Jake

I agree, the Wind Beneath My Wings guy was no good and Michelle made me cry! She was so genuine and excited, you could tell she really loves to sing and not just for a bunch of arrogant "look at me shake my ass" reasons.

skcin
02-15-2004, 11:08 AM
I predict that the second group of eight will be very weak. I thought the two brothers were bad at the auditions.
But I think that woman whom Simon called fat will be in this next round, and I like her. I hope she makes himn eat his words.

- Jake

Yes! The redhead, right? I hope she does well, she seems very rocking! I am rooting for the Bulgarian girl (no, NOT that creepy chick who sounded like a man at the auditions!) - the young one who said her family came here before she was born, or when she was a baby or something like that. My dad is from Bulgaria & I want to see her do well! She's not in the 2nd round, though...

Paula

darklinensuit
02-15-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by skcin
Yes! The redhead, right? I hope she does well, she seems very rocking! I am rooting for the Bulgarian girl (no, NOT that creepy chick who sounded like a man at the auditions!) - the young one who said her family came here before she was born, or when she was a baby or something like that. My dad is from Bulgaria & I want to see her do well! She's not in the 2nd round, though...

Paula

The one with the man's voice (Bullwinkle's Natasha meets Donatella Versace meets Old Man River) was from Cypress. I still think she was the worst out of everybody, with Scatgirl in second.

Did you see they're planning a special that will include the She Bang guy?:laugh:

- Jake

dissention
02-16-2004, 09:22 AM
Fine, if you don't like Justin, but to say something mean like that in an article...CLASSLESS.

Let's not forget the comments Justin made on some of those E! 101 Greatest... lists. Some of them were pretty scathing. ;) :laugh:

skcin
02-16-2004, 10:01 AM
The one with the man's voice (Bullwinkle's Natasha meets Donatella Versace meets Old Man River) was from Cypress. I still think she was the worst out of everybody, with Scatgirl in second.

Did you see they're planning a special that will include the She Bang guy?:laugh:

- Jake

No, she's Bulgarian, but she said won a singing competition in Cypress (it must have been pretty bad if she won, holy crap!) Actually, I shouldn't defend her - what am I doing...I mean to say, yes, she's a manly Greek woman, not Bulgarian, lol! The first thing I thought of when she opened her mouth was Maya Rudolph's impression of Donatella on SNL - LMAO! Did anyone see it last week - Donatella had Courtney Love (played by Drew Barrymore) over, it was hilarious!

The SheBang guy was the best, he's famous now for being terrible. I lol when I saw Tiff's (enchantedsln) pic of him as her signature here.

Paula

darklinensuit
02-16-2004, 12:13 PM
No, she's Bulgarian, but she said won a singing competition in Cypress (it must have been pretty bad if she won, holy crap!)

My mistake. Hell, if Bulgaria wants her, it can have her.
I loved her dramatic head movements as she sang.:laugh:

- Jake

dissention
02-16-2004, 12:15 PM
My mistake. Hell, if Bulgaria wants her, it can have her.
I loved her dramatic head movements as she sang.:laugh:

- Jake

"Wheeeeeeeerrrrrreee did yoooooooooouuuuuuuu sleeeeep last niiiiiight? And doooooooooo yoooooooouuu luuuuuuuuuuuuv huuuuuuuur? Do yoooooooooouuuuu luuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvv huuuuuuuuuur?"

:laugh:

Bulgarians should not do Cher. I thought she was a man at first with some really low hanging...

darklinensuit
02-16-2004, 12:17 PM
"Wheeeeeeeerrrrrreee did yoooooooooouuuuuuuu sleeeeep last niiiiiight? And doooooooooo yoooooooouuu luuuuuuuuuuuuv huuuuuuuur? Do yoooooooooouuuuu luuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvv huuuuuuuuuur?"

Bulgarians should not do Cher. I thought she was a man at first with some really low hanging...

I never knew it was Cher. I can name maybe five Cher songs, and that's enough for me.

- Jake

dissention
02-16-2004, 12:20 PM
I never knew it was Cher. I can name maybe five Cher songs, and that's enough for me.

- Jake

It was Cher done by a she-thing. Where does one get a voice like that? Doesn't make tourists want to vacation in Bulgaria, that's for sure.

darklinensuit
02-16-2004, 12:24 PM
It was Cher done by a she-thing. Where does one get a voice like that? Doesn't make tourists want to vacation in Bulgaria, that's for sure.

Don't generalize. Deaf tourists can be more than happy.

- Jake

dissention
02-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Don't generalize. Deaf tourists can be more than happy.

- Jake

She'd drive everyone out of her own country, so there'd be nothing for tourists to tour.

skcin
02-16-2004, 06:27 PM

BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Paula

PS - Bulgaria is very beautiful, but I must admit it was a bit painful listening to some of my drunken cousins sing old folk songs :o

Livia
02-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Briana likes Fleetwood Mac:

USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2004-02-16-american-idol-group2_x.htm)

(Contains spoiler info on tonight's performances)

Correction: The girl who sang "Some Kinda Wonderful" last nite is the FM fan....

GardenStateGirlie
02-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Tonight is sucking big time. I'm about to turn it off and they're only half way through. This? Is horrendous. :distress:

dissention
02-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Every single one sucked tonight. It was unbearable. If this is the best talent out there...:rolleyes:

wondergirl9847
02-17-2004, 11:50 PM
Thank GOD I didn't watch it!!!

I'm over American Idol.

golden braid
02-18-2004, 01:11 AM
I agree. Everyone was terrible tonight. They shouldn't let any of these contestants make it to the final 10.

Livia
02-18-2004, 10:22 AM
Yeah, last night was pretty painful. I voted for the red-head and the Lauren Hill wannabe.

Gypsy-Rhiannon
02-18-2004, 10:53 AM
Every single one sucked tonight. It was unbearable. If this is the best talent out there...:rolleyes:
I don't get to see it until Friday

Pip

dissention
02-18-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon
I don't get to see it until Friday

Pip

Lucky you. Don't tune in, darling. DON'T. :laugh:

Gypsy-Rhiannon
02-18-2004, 11:41 AM
Lucky you. Don't tune in, darling. DON'T. :laugh:
:laugh: But it's compulsive viewing!!;)

Pip

skcin
02-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Yeah, last night pretty much sucked. How the hell are you in the final 32 if you can't even sing in tune? That's unbelieveable to me.

Go red-haired girl (Lisa!) Hawaii chiick wasn't bad either, but she can do better (let's hope thay ALL do better during finals - ugh!

Paula

GardenStateGirlie
02-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Simon certainly influenced the vote for America last night as far as the Hawaii girl is concerned because It's quite obvious he has a thing for her which she totally plays into. I thought she was horrible. Lisa? Was the best out of all of them. I cannot believe the other clown made it and she didn't :distress:

darklinensuit
02-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Simon certainly influenced the vote for America last night as far as the Hawaii girl is concerned because It's quite obvious he has a thing for her which she totally plays into. I thought she was horrible. Lisa? Was the best out of all of them. I cannot believe the other clown made it and she didn't :distress:

:nod: :nod: :nod:

- Jake

skcin
02-19-2004, 01:56 PM
OK, I want to apologize for bringing Bulgarian woman/man/whatever back into everyone's consciousness, but I was excited about the younger, FEMALE Bulgarian woman.

I just checked the website (because I'm a loser) and SHE'S NOT EVEN IN THE TOP 32! Don't know what the hell I was smokin', so sorry, my mistake, we can all get on with our lives now & forget about her.

Paula ;)

Patti
02-19-2004, 02:00 PM
Are you talking about Leah LaBelle? She mentions her parents coming from Bulgaria in her Q&A on idolonfox.com. If so, she is in the top 32 and performs next week. If you're talking about someone else, I'm stumped!

Patti

skcin
02-20-2004, 11:49 AM
I'm stumped too - I was positive the chick's last name ended in --------sky. I'll check it out.

Paula

PS - too bad the Mac fan is out - she wasn't great, but not bad either.

skcin
02-20-2004, 01:39 PM
Leah LaBelle it is - we'll see how she does.

BTW - anyone think there's any chance Ms. Nicks will be a guest judge? The timing is right as far as the tour goes, and she's said she loves the show. I'm hoping yes, but thinking no. Anyone else?

Paula

cliffdweller
02-23-2004, 04:33 PM

Don't you mean ass-clown? That guy was HORRIBLE!!!!!! The redhead should have made it, what a travesty!!

darklinensuit
02-24-2004, 10:33 PM
I thought Leah Labeele was not too great tonight. Neither was the commercial pilot.
I really liked Amy Adams. Nice voice and personality, winning smile.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-24-2004, 11:18 PM
Well, I came home from work and slept until the last girl came on stage and that was all I needed to see. I waited for the recaps and then decided to vote for her...she has a voice :nod:

dissention
02-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Well, I came home from work and slept until the last girl came on stage and that was all I needed to see. I waited for the recaps and then decided to vote for her...she has a voice :nod:

:nod: She knocked my socks off. She's going to be the next Whitney, mark my words. The girl can sang.

golden braid
02-25-2004, 12:11 AM
The last girl, LaToya, kicked ass. I also liked Amy, the one with pink hair, but she doesn't compare to LaToya.

cliffdweller
02-25-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by golden braid
The last girl, LaToya, kicked ass. I also liked Amy, the one with pink hair, but she doesn't compare to LaToya.

LaToya and Amy all the way. Those should be the next two that advance.

skcin
02-25-2004, 02:10 PM
I thought Leah Labeele was not too great tonight. Neither was the commercial pilot.
I really liked Amy Adams. Nice voice and personality, winning smile.

- Jake

Yeah, I know what you mean. She wasn't awful, but I agree with Simon - "something's not quite right."

LaToya was phenomenal, my mouth was agape. :eek:

Of, course, I had to vote for Leah d/t sentimental reasons, lol.

Paula

GardenStateGirlie
02-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Shafted.

That is all I have to say.

Miss Power of Love...can I get a :rolleyes:

Sheebus.

darklinensuit
02-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Shafted.

That is all I have to say.

Miss Power of Love...can I get a :rolleyes:

Sheebus.

I take it you don't like Amy?

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-25-2004, 09:19 PM
I take it you don't like Amy?

- Jake

Compared to Leah...nope. It should have been the two girls that made it tonight. I hope Leah and the girl from last week w/the red hair get a wildcard and come back. That guy that made it tonight does not deserve to be in the finals and either did the one who went through last week, IMO.

darklinensuit
02-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Compared to Leah...nope. It should have been the two girls that made it tonight. I hope Leah and the girl from last week w/the red hair get a wildcard and come back. That guy that made it tonight does not deserve to be in the finals and either did the one who went through last week, IMO.

Wow, I thought Leah was awful.
The camera guys sure enjoyed her crying face tonight.
And unlike the judges I thought the first week's contestants were stronger than this week's. The wild cards should come from that group, IMO.
This week the pilot and the Hawaiian guy were pretty bad.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-25-2004, 10:28 PM
Wow, I thought Leah was awful.
The camera guys sure enjoyed her crying face tonight.
And unlike the judges I thought the first week's contestants were stronger than this week's. The wild cards should come from that group, IMO.
This week the pilot and the Hawaiian guy were pretty bad.

- Jake

See, but I thought she was more the American Idol than Amy. Amy sounds like a lounge singer and when she sang tonight after she made it through, i'm sorry to say, it sounded horrendous. Yes, the first week's contestants were the strongest...i'll agree with you there.

darklinensuit
02-25-2004, 10:33 PM
See, but I thought she was more the American Idol than Amy. Amy sounds like a lounge singer and when she sang tonight after she made it through, i'm sorry to say, it sounded horrendous. Yes, the first week's contestants were the strongest...i'll agree with you there.

I like Amy. She has the most charisma since Kelly, a girl-next-door fun charm to her. You're right, her singing was better last night, but Leah was shrieking and flailing her arms. And Leah sure thought a lot of herself when talking. I think she'll be back next year, maybe with a bit of humility to her.

- Jake

darklinensuit
02-25-2004, 10:35 PM
Oh, and I thought the lounge singer label came from her song choice. Hopefully she'll choose more wisely next time.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-25-2004, 10:40 PM
I like Amy. She has the most charisma since Kelly, a girl-next-door fun charm to her. You're right, her singing was better last night, but Leah was shrieking and flailing her arms. And Leah sure thought a lot of herself when talking. I think she'll be back next year, maybe with a bit of humility to her.

- Jake

I didn't hear Leah speak but i'll take your word for it. Amy just reminds me of a performer who isn't going to be very consistant in her performance.

I find it hysterical that the talent is with the girls this season...I haven't heard a guy yet that made me go "wow...he needs to be in the top 12."

darklinensuit
02-25-2004, 10:52 PM
You're right that last week's football guy is out of his league, and he looks like that guy who used to be on MadTV.

- Jake

Hawkeye
02-25-2004, 11:03 PM
Will Sasso:D

I agree that group one was alot better then group 3. but 3 was way better then 2.

darklinensuit
02-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Hawkeye

I agree that group one was alot better then group 3. but 3 was way better then 2.

Yeah, Will Sasso.

And that She Bang guy was a Group 2 escapee as far as I'm concerned. Lisa was the only one who was remotely good.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Hawkeye

Group two was the equivalent of watching turds floating in a toilet bowl. They were horrendous.

darklinensuit
02-25-2004, 11:16 PM
Group two was the equivalent of watching turds floating in a toilet bowl.

We MUST find you a new hobby.:distress: :wavey:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-25-2004, 11:18 PM
We MUST find you a new hobby.:distress: :wavey:

- Jake

Okay, let's rephrase that. Group two was the equivalent of a root canal.

:steps away from toilet:

darklinensuit
02-25-2004, 11:36 PM
Okay, let's rephrase that. Group two was the equivalent of a root canal.

:steps away from toilet:

Hey, where you care for your teeth is your business...

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-25-2004, 11:41 PM
Hey, where you care for your teeth is your business...

- Jake

Well, i've yet to have a cavity so I must be doing something right. How's that gold tooth treating you these days, hmm?

:will be seeing Fleetwood Mac while Jake pays his dental bill: ;)

dissention
02-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Well, i've yet to have a cavity so I must be doing something right. How's that gold tooth treating you these days, hmm?

:will be seeing Fleetwood Mac while Jake pays his dental bill: ;)

Good lord, Marissa. We are two peas in a pod. I've never had a cavity, either. Please tell me you've never been stung by a bee. :laugh: I haven't. ;)

cliffdweller
02-26-2004, 09:58 AM
You're right that last week's football guy is out of his league, and he looks like that guy who used to be on MadTV.

- Jake

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Totally!

That guy didn't even deserve to make it to Hollywood.

Amy didn't sound good last night when she sang, made me think, "uh-oh, she's probably not going to last much longer." I liked her better than Leah, she has a better attitude and her voice seems clearer and stronger. Although not last night.

The Hawaiian guy---how did that guy make it past the judges on the first round? That's ridiculous that he even got this far.

Yeah, the camera shots on Leah last night crying was kind of over the top. It's like give it a rest already, we know she's disapointed, why not make it worse and pour more salt into the wound???!?!!?!?

And how about the guy who sang "Tiny Dancer?" That guy sounded, like Randy put it, "cartoonish." I was laughing the whole time he sang!

La Toya is going to win the whole thing, just wait and see.

dissention
02-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Who made it through last night? I couldn't bear to watch it in case someone bad made it. ;)

Livia
02-26-2004, 12:26 PM
Amy and Latoya. I was appalled that the Tiny Dancer dude even made the top 3. It's fixed! It's fixed! :laugh:

DeeGeMe
02-26-2004, 12:28 PM
There was something about Tiny Dancer dude that scared me.

dissention
02-26-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Livia
Amy and Latoya. I was appalled that the Tiny Dancer dude even made the top 3. It's fixed! It's fixed! :laugh:

Mucho gracias, Livia. :D

The Tiny Dancer dude looked and sounded weird. He was bad.

darklinensuit
02-26-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by cliffdweller

The Hawaiian guy---how did that guy make it past the judges on the first round? That's ridiculous that he even got this far.

When he rapped it was painful.
Refresh my memory, did Simon ever criticize HIS weight?:rolleyes:

- Jake

Livia
02-26-2004, 03:59 PM
I think Simon has more or less given up on the weight thing, especially since Reuben's popularity. Sure, he still mentions it occasionally, but like so many other topics these days, it's not considered "pc."

skcin
02-27-2004, 01:52 PM

I agree, they are my favorites & neither one is in right now :distress:

I'll just hope for the wild-card, or for one of the judges to pick correctly, heehee.

I checked who's on this week, and I honestly don't remember any of them from the auditions except the guy the judges said looks "too old" and the young redhead kid from East Amherst/Buffalo, NY. Of course, I didn't remember LaToya from the auditions either, so we'll see...

Paula

golden braid
02-27-2004, 02:25 PM
One of the guys, Donnie Williams, who was supposed to be on next week got kicked off because he was arrested for drunk driving. He was coming home from a party in his honor for making it so far on the show.

Violet
02-27-2004, 02:30 PM

I checked who's on this week, and I honestly don't remember any of them from the auditions except the guy the judges said looks "too old" and the young redhead kid from East Amherst/Buffalo, NY. Of course, I didn't remember LaToya from the auditions either, so we'll see...

Paula

Surely you remember Lisa Wilson! She's the one who was hanging out in the pool/hot tub instead of rehearsing, and then totally couldn't remember the words the next day. She's in the next group...

Carol

darklinensuit
02-27-2004, 03:54 PM
One of the guys, Donnie Williams, who was supposed to be on next week got kicked off because he was arrested for drunk driving. He was coming home from a party in his honor for making it so far on the show.

Ouch.

- Jake

skcin
02-27-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Violet
Surely you remember Lisa Wilson! She's the one who was hanging out in the pool/hot tub instead of rehearsing, and then totally couldn't remember the words the next day. She's in the next group...

Carol

UGH! I DO remember, blech, let's hope she's gone quickly!

Paula

Patti
02-28-2004, 08:45 AM
I'm surprised Lisa Wilson made it into the final 32. I know they edit a lot, but it seems that she sure hasn't taken this seriously at all. I hope she's gone quickly, too.

So far I like LaToya the best. Everyone else pales in comparison, IMHO.

Patti

darklinensuit
02-28-2004, 06:34 PM
Okay, I'll say it (alone). I thought Laoya gave a strong performance with a power vocal. But I don't love the sound of her voice. Maybe it was the song.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-28-2004, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Patti
I'm surprised Lisa Wilson made it into the final 32. I know they edit a lot, but it seems that she sure hasn't taken this seriously at all. I hope she's gone quickly, too.

So far I like LaToya the best. Everyone else pales in comparison, IMHO.

Patti

Lisa Wilson made it into the final 32 because she was a model and Simon was all about that. Not to mention you can't have 32 really amazing singers and cut it down to 12...they want there to be some mediocre singers as well even though they don't come right out and say it. That's just my opinion though..

As far as LaToya is concerned, I thought she sang incredibly well but she's not my type of singer. However, I still voted for her because I think she deserved to make it to the top 12. So far, my favorite was the first girl who made it in. There was something about her voice and stage presence that has yet to be matched.

darklinensuit
02-28-2004, 06:43 PM
Lisa Wilson made it into the final 32 because she was a model and Simon was all about that. Not to mention you can't have 32 really amazing singers and cut it down to 12...they want there to be some mediocre singers as well even though they don't come right out and say it. That's just my opinion though..

As far as LaToya is concerned, I thought she sang incredibly well but she's not my type of singer. However, I still voted for her because I think she deserved to make it to the top 12. So far, my favorite was the first girl who made it in. There was something about her voice and stage presence that has yet to be matched.

Which one was that? I liked a few of them in the first group.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-28-2004, 06:47 PM
Which one was that? I liked a few of them in the first group.

- Jake

She is the youngest out of the entire American Idol group...I can't remember her name at the moment...

darklinensuit
02-28-2004, 06:50 PM
She is the youngest out of the entire American Idol group...I can't remember her name at the moment...

Oh yeah the 16-yr.-old. Good, but she was my third pick that night. BTW, check your PMs.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
02-28-2004, 07:20 PM
Oh yeah the 16-yr.-old. Good, but she was my third pick that night. BTW, check your PMs.

- Jake

Third?!? Who were one and two?

PM'd ya back...check em'

darklinensuit
02-29-2004, 04:47 AM
Third?!? Who were one and two?

PM'd ya back...check em'

I liked the black woman with the big hair (when they sang in groups Simon hated her outfit). I think her name is Michelle? I posted about her earlier. Second was the pretty cheerleader/dancer with short hair who sang an upbeat song. I think Simon described her as cabaret or cruise ship or one of his now unoriginal descriptions.

- Jake

Patti
02-29-2004, 09:33 AM
The young girl from group one was Diana something (strange last name, I know!). Jake, I think the girl you are referring to was Jennifer Hudson. Simon didn't like her at all, apparently. Wonder if she'll get invited back for the wild card?

Patti

darklinensuit
02-29-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Patti
The young girl from group one was Diana something (strange last name, I know!). Jake, I think the girl you are referring to was Jennifer Hudson. Simon didn't like her at all, apparently. Wonder if she'll get invited back for the wild card?

Patti

It was such a strong group, and with the judges saying the third group was even better, I'm doubtful.

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Oh my, Monday night's special...
That puppet lady had me laughing so hard I was crying!

- Jake

skcin
03-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Oh my, Monday night's special...
That puppet lady had me laughing so hard I was crying!

- Jake

"Well, this outfit is a one-piece that my grandmother once wore, and my hat is from..." WTF?! She thought she looked hot, DAMN HOT!

I was amused that Seacrest was actually conversing with the dog puppet - and the chick was DEAD SERIOUS!

LMAO!

Paula

Livia
03-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Scat Girl was disappointing last nite...

wondergirl9847
03-02-2004, 04:34 PM
In what way? Were you disappointed she didn't sing better or that she didn't suck more? :laugh:

GardenStateGirlie
03-02-2004, 09:09 PM
Wow...this group made my ears bleed. I don't know about American Idol this season...I voted for the first girl who went and other than her, the last girl was pretty decent. I like John but I can't see him in a pop competition.

Merf
03-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Everybody sucked tonight! The only one who was good was Jasmine.

I can sing better than some of these fools.

And of course Risster can.

The girl who sang Melissa Etheridge? She butchered a fabulous song and should never be allowed to sing in public again.

darklinensuit
03-02-2004, 11:01 PM
"Well, this outfit is a one-piece that my grandmother once wore, and my hat is from..." WTF?! She thought she looked hot, DAMN HOT!

I was amused that Seacrest was actually conversing with the dog puppet - and the chick was DEAD SERIOUS!

LMAO!

Paula

:laugh: I'm not kidding, I was laughing SO hard. That woman was seriously bizarre (and she looked much older than her age) & they treated her & the puppets like serious contenders.

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Scat Girl was disappointing last nite...

I'll say! She didn't scat! She seemed like just bad karaoke.

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Wow...this group made my ears bleed. I don't know about American Idol this season...I voted for the first girl who went and other than her, the last girl was pretty decent. I like John but I can't see him in a pop competition.

Give me a full run-down! I feel asleep just before the start, woke up to see the guy near the end sing a little - the one Randy said was the best male singer so far :confused: :confused: :confused: -and then fell back to sleep. Was his comment a bad dream?

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-02-2004, 11:07 PM
In what way? Were you disappointed she didn't sing better or that she didn't suck more? :laugh:

I thought Will Hung was dull Monday night compared to some of the others.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Give me a full run-down! I feel asleep just before the start, woke up to see the guy near the end sing a little - the one Randy said was the best male singer so far :confused: :confused: :confused: -and then fell back to sleep. Was his comment a bad dream?

- Jake

Basically everyone had MAJOR issues with pitch and tone...it was just not that good at all. The very first girl that went sang probably the best out of the group tonight. There was another girl from Hawaii with little flowers in her hair that will probably make it through. I didn't like her but America will, i'm sure. If not America, everyone in Hawaii will vote for her so she's got that going for her. Model girl Lisa was horrendous...she sang Come To My Window and practically deepthroated the microphone...it was just...BAD. The guy Randy said was the best male singer...ick...but then again, no male in this competition has been good thus far. The last girl to go, Tiara, sang well but I agreed with the judges about her vocals being all over the place. I don't understand why people feel the need to do that when they sing...stop trying to be Christina Aguilera, you can still make the vocal your own without adding crap to it. So, I voted for girl number one. As you can see, they were so forgettable, i don't even know names.

darklinensuit
03-02-2004, 11:40 PM
And the judges keep saying this is the best season ever. I guess if they say it often enough it must be true.:rolleyes:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-02-2004, 11:46 PM
And the judges keep saying this is the best season ever. I guess if they say it often enough it must be true.:rolleyes:

- Jake

Even though they won't stop making this show because there's so much money to be made, I think the show lost it's charm for me after last season. Much like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, it was good at first and then the network kept pushing it and pushing it and then it sort of flatlined. This show would be a lot better if they did it every other season or maybe added different scenarios and threw in some surprises. In no way are these the best singers in America, IMO. I haven't heard anyone on this show that made me go "wow..they can really sing...I'd want to buy their album.."

darklinensuit
03-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Even though they won't stop making this show because there's so much money to be made, I think the show lost it's charm for me after last season. Much like Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, it was good at first and then the network kept pushing it and pushing it and then it sort of flatlined. This show would be a lot better if they did it every other season or maybe added different scenarios and threw in some surprises. In no way are these the best singers in America, IMO. I haven't heard anyone on this show that made me go "wow..they can really sing...I'd want to buy their album.."

I'd love to see them lift the maximum age limit. How can they say it's the best singer otherwise? And a greater variety of styles, please.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-03-2004, 12:14 AM
I'd love to see them lift the maximum age limit. How can they say it's the best singer otherwise? And a greater variety of styles, please.

- Jake

They want to find cutesy girl/pretty boy youth so they can mold them as they wish. Also, you're going to have a lot more control with someone who is younger than someone who is older and has had a lot more life experience that perhaps isn't so naive.

darklinensuit
03-03-2004, 12:17 AM
They want to find cutesy girl/pretty boy youth so they can mold them as they wish. Also, you're going to have a lot more control with someone who is younger than someone who is older and has had a lot more life experience that perhaps isn't so naive.

No argument, but like I said, then you forfeit the right to call him/her the best.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-03-2004, 12:21 AM
No argument, but like I said, then you forfeit the right to call him/her the best.

- Jake

Absolutely 100% agreed. Perhaps they ought to call the show Teen Idol or Young Adult Idol or PG-13 Idol :laugh: I was hoping that the other Idol show they started flopped. I watched on episode and thought it was SICK with the parents pushing their kids and in some cases, living vicariously through them. Your voice doesn't develop until you're older anyway...there's no need for a show like that. I hope it won't return.

darklinensuit
03-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Absolutely 100% agreed. Perhaps they ought to call the show Teen Idol or Young Adult Idol or PG-13 Idol :laugh: I was hoping that the other Idol show they started flopped. I watched on episode and thought it was SICK with the parents pushing their kids and in some cases, living vicariously through them. Your voice doesn't develop until you're older anyway...there's no need for a show like that. I hope it won't return.

That one dad cried every time his daughter took the stage. Talk about pressure on a kid. Don't tell me it's just pride, either. When your singing makes your dad cry in front of America night after night, that's pressure.

- Jake

golden braid
03-03-2004, 12:55 AM
Aside from a couple of the finalists, I have been really disappointed with the rest of them. It seems like most of them are really bad this year. :(

darklinensuit
03-03-2004, 02:07 AM
Model girl Lisa was horrendous...she sang Come To My Window and practically deepthroated the microphone...it was just...BAD.

From zap2it:
"She also looks like she's detaching her jaw in anticipation of doing something truly obscene to the microphone. Randy and Paula only call her on the sketchy song choice and the shouting, though Simon jokes about how wide her mouth was opening ("I could have driven a car through there," he says). "

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-03-2004, 02:18 AM
From zap2it:
"She also looks like she's detaching her jaw in anticipation of doing something truly obscene to the microphone. Randy and Paula only call her on the sketchy song choice and the shouting, though Simon jokes about how wide her mouth was opening ("I could have driven a car through there," he says). "

- Jake

Of course, what Simon actually meant was _____________ :laugh: Truly, that's what it looked like. He was right on when he said it and Randy and Paula defended her by saying, "there's nothing wrong with her mouth." That may be so but there was certainly something wrong with her singing :nod:

skcin
03-03-2004, 07:15 AM
The only I remember is her mouth - it was HUGE! No lie, I'm watching, listening & all I'm thinking is "wow, that girl can open her mouth REALLY wide."
I like George (the black guy who seemed to be able to sing, even though he started a bit iffy.) I also like John (the redhead) but agree that I'm not sure he could do well in this competition. He's very classic 50's crooner, great voice, but I don't know...

Paula

DeeGeMe
03-03-2004, 07:37 AM
There wasn't a single performer last night who motivated me to pick up my telephone. They were all bad. I guess they must have already culled all the remaining good talent in the US in the previous two editions of AI.

And what the heck was that girl trying to do to that microphone. I say she's got a fine career ahead of her, if she wants it, in the porn industry!

Patti
03-03-2004, 11:46 AM
I thought last night was pretty bad, too. Made the Oscars look interesting!

If I had to pick a top 3, I guess I would pick Jasmine, John and Greg (?). I think that was his name. In all honesty, though, I don't think any of them really deserve to be in the top 12.

It will be interesting to see who they choose for the wild cards.

Patti

GardenStateGirlie
03-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Jake, I really hope you're watching the results show right now. They showed a clip of Miss DT last night. I laughed all over again. :nod:

:back to watching them narrow it down...already in progress:

Why can't they just skip picking anyone from this group??? :distress:

darklinensuit
03-04-2004, 09:05 AM
Hey, Jennifer Hudson made it for next week! So did the pretty dancer/cheerleader one I liked from that same round.
The Wild Cards might be the best round yet.

- Jake

cliffdweller
03-04-2004, 10:00 AM
All I have to say is, I'm glad bigmouth didn't progress. What was her name? Anyway, SHE WAS HORRIBLE!!!!!!! I am outraged that she got as far as she did!

The wildcard show is going to be very interesting....

dissention
03-04-2004, 11:15 AM
Jasmine is horrific, I can't believe people voted for that chick. She couldn't get a job at a dinner theatre. :rolleyes:

skcin
03-04-2004, 11:46 AM
Jasmine is horrific, I can't believe people voted for that chick. She couldn't get a job at a dinner theatre. :rolleyes:

I didn't think she was all that great either - I guess Simon was right, America voted for the cute little girl with the flower in her hair! I liked George better.

Happy about young John, hometown boy makes good!

Wild card WILL be the best show, I think (I hope!) Rooting for "you look old" George, Leah LaBelle & Lisa Lueschner (sp). Would be nice to have another guy in there too, but the chicks seem to have more talent this season, IMO.

Paula

darklinensuit
03-04-2004, 12:03 PM

Be fair. Deaf people eat out, too.:wavey:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-04-2004, 09:31 PM
Hey, Jennifer Hudson made it for next week! So did the pretty dancer/cheerleader one I liked from that same round.
The Wild Cards might be the best round yet.

- Jake

: picks up phone :

"Hi, i'd like to vote for the pretty dancer/cheerleader please." - Jake after every week of watching American idol ;) :laugh:

The wildcard show will be the most exciting and interesting part of AI this season:nod:

darklinensuit
03-05-2004, 09:55 AM
: picks up phone :

"Hi, i'd like to vote for the pretty dancer/cheerleader please." - Jake after every week of watching American idol ;) :laugh:

Puh-leeze.
It's not like there's a cheerleader on EVERY week.:rolleyes:

- Jake

skcin
03-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Puh-leeze.
It's not like there's a cheerleader on EVERY week.:rolleyes:

- Jake

Or puppets, for that matter...

Paula

darklinensuit
03-05-2004, 03:52 PM
Or puppets, for that matter...

Paula

Now THAT I would tune in for.
(Come to think of it, Clay was like a marionette.)

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Wild Cards tonight!

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Wild Cards tonight!

- Jake

It's do or die for them...I really anticipate some excellent performances...I hope they won't dissapoint :nod:

darklinensuit
03-09-2004, 07:17 PM
After the last few shows, how could they disappoint?

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-09-2004, 07:29 PM
After the last few shows, how could they disappoint?

- Jake

Good point. I think American Idol has hit its rock bottom....It probably couldn't get any worse than the last 3 weeks...hopefully...

darklinensuit
03-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Good point. I think American Idol has hit its rock bottom....It probably couldn't get any worse than the last 3 weeks...hopefully...

Simon and Paula could kiss again, or Randy could talk more. I loathe him.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-09-2004, 07:36 PM
Simon and Paula could kiss again, or Randy could talk more. I loathe him.

- Jake

I'm not sure Randy has many words in his lexicon. Dude and dawg seem to be the most prominent.

Well. Perhaps it could get worse. :laugh:

cliffdweller
03-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Okay, what's with this wild card show? They call back four people just to tell them that they don't even get to perform? I think that's hideous.

George is so adorable, I hope he makes it through tonight.

That other guy with the "moves" was hilarious, I was laughing out loud!! That was the silliest performance yet.

darklinensuit
03-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Okay, what's with this wild card show? They call back four people just to tell them that they don't even get to perform? I think that's hideous.

George is so adorable, I hope he makes it through tonight.

That other guy with the "moves" was hilarious, I was laughing out loud!! That was the silliest performance yet.

I know, that Elvis thing was hilarious.:laugh: Those convulsions! He reminded me of a drunk frat dude at Mardi Gras after spending the afternoon shopping at the Gap and hitting the beer bong.

I thought it was outrageous that Lisa was sent away but Matthew was given the mike. WTF!!!

Surprises for me tonight: George was good, though I didn't like him in the last round, and Katey was not good, though I liked her in the first round. She looked good, though. (The Fernando Lamas in me.)

I am happy that Jennifer did so well. She's been my FAVORITE out of everybody since the first round. I'm not usually into the Gospel style, but there's a purity to her voice. And her clothes may be ugly, but she's fun.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-09-2004, 09:35 PM
I have to say I really wasn't that impressed. I voted for Susy. Leah was okay tonight but Susy was the one that I thought stood out. The last girl...can't remember her name...it's not that she doesn't have a good voice...it's that she's not a pop star...and she needs to quit doing that thing where her eyes look like they're bulging out of her head.

GardenStateGirlie
03-09-2004, 09:40 PM
I know, that Elvis thing was hilarious.:laugh: Those convulsions! He reminded me of a drunk frat dude at Mardi Gras after spending the afternoon shopping at the Gap and hitting the beer bong.

I thought it was outrageous that Lisa was sent away but Matthew was given the mike. WTF!!!

Surprises for me tonight: George was good, though I didn't like him in the last round, and Katey was not good, though I liked her in the first round. She looked good, though. (The Fernando Lamas in me.)

I am happy that Jennifer did so well. She's been my FAVORITE out of everybody since the first round. I'm not usually into the Gospel style, but there's a purity to her voice. And her clothes may be ugly, but she's fun.

- Jake

Well, Fernando....I agree with you on the Lisa. To me, Lisa deserved to have been up there. I can't believe they didn't allow her to sing tonight. I did "WTF?!?!" to that :nod: And I also agree with your assessment of convulsions boy. What the hell was his deal??

darklinensuit
03-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Well, Fernando....I agree with you on the Lisa. To me, Lisa deserved to have been up there. I can't believe they didn't allow her to sing tonight. I did "WTF?!?!" to that :nod: And I also agree with your assessment of convulsions boy. What the hell was his deal??

I see him starring on a WB sitcom in two years, or in a Target commercial.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-09-2004, 09:54 PM
I see him starring on a WB sitcom in two years, or in a Target commercial.

- Jake

Or one of those obnoxious Joe Boxer commercials....he's got that convulsion thing down pat for that :nod:

darklinensuit
03-09-2004, 09:57 PM
In that case I recommend Leah Labelle for the next Yogurgeeks commercial.:nod:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-09-2004, 09:59 PM
In that case I recommend Leah Labelle for the next Yogurgeeks commercial.:nod:

- Jake

Why? She'll just sit and cry if she doesn't have enough lines. Let's not even hope they make another :distress:

darklinensuit
03-09-2004, 10:01 PM
Hey, at least my girl Jennifer cries out of happiness.:cool:

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey, at least my girl Jennifer cries out of happiness.:cool:

- Jake

Yes. Yes she does. I just wish she weren't so gospel...to me, she just doesn't fit with the competition. I want to hear her sing something other than a ballad. I want to take her shopping...and fix the freaky eyeliner thing she has going at the corner of her eyes. Other than that, she is damn good.

DeeGeMe
03-10-2004, 08:52 AM
I was reading a book at the same time I was "watching" AI. Jennifer Hudson is the only performer last night who made me put the book down. I think that if she makes it through to the next round then there will be a lot that they can do to improve her style. Remember, they did a lot with Clay Aiken from the time we first saw him to the end. Well, not nearly enough because there's only so much you can do with a tall, skinny, red-headed geeky looking guy, but considering where he started from and how he looks now, now bad. I like George a lot too. I still think Simon's right-he's backup singer material but he's just so darn likable.

skcin
03-10-2004, 09:38 AM
I hope the 4 that get in are Leah, Jennifer, George & Susy. The Elvis thing was not right for this show (too karaoke for me), the cute guy was mediocre at best. The 2 blondes were OK, but I can't tell them apart so they're obviously not that memorable - they cancel eachother out, IMO. We'll see how it goes tonight...

Paula

PS - also pissed about no Lisa :mad:

GypsySorcerer
03-10-2004, 10:18 AM
The three who impressed me where Jennifer, George, and Susy. The rest.... Um, didn't do a lot for me.

It better start getting good when they get down to the final twelve or else I'm not watching.

DeeGeMe
03-10-2004, 12:15 PM
I've just been really disappointed in the caliber of talent this time around. All I can say is that they all need to "bring it" as Randy says, 'cause so far, I ain't seen it!

dissention
03-10-2004, 01:52 PM
The only ones I liked were George, Susy, and Jennifer Hudson (girl can sang!). The rest? Ugh.

That blonde dude; where the hell did they find him?!?! The voice, the mugging to the camera, the smile, it all drives me insane.

WelshWitchPMD
03-10-2004, 06:25 PM
I too was upset that Lisa L. was sent home last night. Some of the ones that got to perform last night :confused: What were those judges thinking?

I have to agree thar George, Jennifer and Suzy were the best of the night. Jennifer does have a good voice but I agree that she is too gospel. I wish that she would sing an upbeat song for once.

GardenStateGirlie
03-10-2004, 09:31 PM
WTF...did America smoke an enormous blunt last night before voting??!?! I cannot believe he is in the top twelve. Hell, Jake could do better and that's not saying much for American Idol :nod:

WelshWitchPMD
03-10-2004, 09:44 PM
WTF...did America smoke an enormous blunt last night before voting??!?! I cannot believe he is in the top twelve. Hell, Jake could do better and that's not saying much for American Idol :nod:

Tell me about it :rolleyes: I thought Suzy was going to make it.

dissention
03-10-2004, 09:51 PM

He f*cking sucks. My armpit farts are more melodious. :rolleyes:

DeeGeMe
03-10-2004, 09:54 PM

I don't know but I'm more inclined to think that the 22% voted for him either had the wrong number or were taking hits off the crack pipe.

darklinensuit
03-10-2004, 11:13 PM
For reasons explained in the other post, I missed the show.
Fill me in!
Is it Matthew:rolleyes: and Jennifer?
Details!

- Jake

WelshWitchPMD
03-10-2004, 11:19 PM
George, Jennifer and Leah all got the judges votes and made the top 12. John Peter Lewis ( I am not 100% what his name is or if I am close) the Elvis wannabe got the popular vote.:rolleyes:

darklinensuit
03-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
George, Jennifer and Leah all got the judges votes and made the top 12. John Peter Lewis ( I am not 100% what his name is or if I am close) the Elvis wannabe got the popular vote.:rolleyes:

Thanks.
I wouldn't vote for John, but his getting in doesn't upset me. He's entertaining and seems pleasant, if a lot weird. I prefer him to Leah. I'm very glad it's not Matthew. And Jennifer could wipe up the floor with any of them, IMO.
Between her outfits and John's seizure-style-choreography, there will be something to talk about.
And yes, America is on crack. But Whitney's not 'cause it's whack.

- Jake

Livia
03-11-2004, 01:39 PM
He f*cking sucks. My armpit farts are more melodious.

LOL!

hayley
03-11-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm still so pissed they didn't let Lisa Leuschner sing on Tuesday. She deserved it a lot more than Matt Metzger or Leah LaBelle.

I still think Leah's inclusion in the top 12 is ridiculous. I'm sure she'll mature and get better as the weeks go by, but really- one Carmen Rasmussen was enough last year, and now I think we've got two in her and Diana DeGarmo... even Camile from Hawaii.

golden braid
03-11-2004, 04:05 PM
I don't understand why they didn't let four of the contestants sing on Tuesday. I agree that Lisa should have been able to. Leah kind of sucked and shouldn't have made it. John wasn't that great either but at least he did something different and was entertaining.

dissention
03-11-2004, 05:18 PM
I don't understand why they didn't let four of the contestants sing on Tuesday. I agree that Lisa should have been able to. Leah kind of sucked and shouldn't have made it. John wasn't that great either but at least he did something different and was entertaining.

I thought Leah totally butchered the masterpiece that is "Let's Stay Together." No one can top the Tina Turner version (not even Al Green!). Never. Ever. It would be like Joni Mitchell trying to sing Mariah Carey: it can't be done.

GardenStateGirlie
03-11-2004, 05:21 PM
I thought Leah totally butchered the masterpiece that is "Let's Stay Together." No one can top the Tina Turner version (not even Al Green!). Never. Ever. It would be like Joni Mitchell trying to sing Mariah Carey: it can't be done.

She made my ears bleed. Seriously. That and her wannabe in a broadway show kind of walk across the stage. I still say Lisa got shafted. In one breath you tell the girl she's possibly the best singer in the competition yet you don't pick her. Perhaps they thought her voice was too much like Kelly's? I'm not sure. But I think she deserves to be there over Leah and over..hell...all of them.

darklinensuit
03-13-2004, 03:05 PM

Or like Joni trying to dress like Mariah.:laugh:

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-13-2004, 03:06 PM
She made my ears bleed. Seriously. That and her wannabe in a broadway show kind of walk across the stage. I still say Lisa got shafted. In one breath you tell the girl she's possibly the best singer in the competition yet you don't pick her. Perhaps they thought her voice was too much like Kelly's? I'm not sure. But I think she deserves to be there over Leah and over..hell...all of them.

I suspect it's her look, which IMO is a stupid reason. What else could it be? Her personality is fine & Randy said her voice is one of the best.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-13-2004, 03:18 PM
I suspect it's her look, which IMO is a stupid reason. What else could it be? Her personality is fine & Randy said her voice is one of the best.

- Jake

See, and I think that's totally absurd. She could get her hair cut, colored and styled and they could put her in clothing that fits her proportions better if that's the issue. Most of Hollywood wouldn't be attractive at all if it weren't for the fact that people fuss over them all the time. And as far as weight is concerned? I didn't think she was fat. I thought she was a cute girl with an amazing voice. But now look at what we're left with in the competition. Convulsions boy :distress:

darklinensuit
03-13-2004, 03:21 PM
See, and I think that's totally absurd. She could get her hair cut, colored and styled and they could put her in clothing that fits her proportions better if that's the issue. Most of Hollywood wouldn't be attractive at all if it weren't for the fact that people fuss over them all the time. And as far as weight is concerned? I didn't think she was fat. I thought she was a cute girl with an amazing voice. But now look at what we're left with in the competition. Convulsions boy :distress:

Hey, you're preaching to the choir.
But I'd rather have Convulsoboy in there than LeahLaBlow any day.

- Jake

cliffdweller
03-16-2004, 11:57 AM

Yeah and how about the double standard of the "big boys" getting in the top groups? I mean, Ruben won the last competition and he's no waif.

Not trying to start a war here, the double standard is glaring!

skcin
03-16-2004, 12:08 PM
I agree Lisa should have gotten in, she was one of my faves from the very start.

I'm not sure what it was that left her excluded, maybe it was her image/weight/look - but let's not forget Kim Locke from last year -they HATED the way she looked at the beginning (well, Simon did anyway) then the stylists got ahold of her, changed her hair, makeup & wardrobe & she was in the top 3! (BTW - I thought she was beautiful BEFORE they "did her up", and her voice is amazing - she sang "Crazy" on CMT's 100 Greatest Country Songs Special and it was phenomenal!)

I have to diagree with you guys about Leah - I like her voice, it's strong & different. I do think I detect a bit of an accent occasionally & it sounds odd. It doesn't matter, I don't think she'll make it very far anyway - not with Latoya, Jennifer & Fantasia in there, anyway.

Paula

darklinensuit
03-17-2004, 12:28 PM
I thought Jennifer,and George were all great. (That's right, Convulso-boy.)
LaToya, Camille, ConvulsoBoy, and Fantaysia were all very good. I thought Simon had nerve saying that Jennifer was over-singing. Fantaysia was more guilty of that, IMO, plus she ends all her songs the same way.
A good show, I thought.

And Leah, ba-bye.:nod:
(Though I thought the football guy was AWFUL as well.)

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-17-2004, 01:06 PM
I thought Jennifer,and George were all great. (That's right, Convulso-boy.)
LaToya, Camille, ConvulsoBoy, and Fantaysia were all very good. I thought Simon had nerve saying that Jennifer was over-singing. Fantaysia was more guilty of that, IMO, plus she ends all her songs the same way.
A good show, I thought.

And Leah, ba-bye.:nod:
(Though I thought the football guy was AWFUL as well.)

- Jake

I really like Diana. I have a feeling no matter WHAT song genre she's asked to sing, she'll be able to do it and do it well. Thus far she's been incredibly consistant, unlike the others. I thought Jennifer looked gorgeous last night...finally, a super cute outfit that fit her well and wasn't distracting. I still am not a fan of convulsoboy but the guys in this competition aren't that great so it's not like I have anything to compare him to.

Goodbye, Leah :wavey:
I hope your stiletto heels not broken
You sucked, you see
Simon and the judges have spoken
Jake hated you allllll the time
No record deal for you one day

dissention
03-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Goodbye, Leah :wavey:
I hope your stiletto heels not broken
You sucked, you see
Simon and the judges have spoken
Jake hated you allllll the time
No record deal for you one day

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

skcin
03-17-2004, 06:26 PM
OK, OK, I'm ready to admit it: Leah was not good last night.

Actually, I didn't think anybody was BAD, but Leah & Football Guy were very blah.

I wasn't thrilled with Camille either - she was so nervous her voice was quivering & she didn't belt it out like we've heard her do - she can do A LOT better.

And John Stevens has a beautiful voice, but he better pick up the pace or he'll start putting everyone to sleep before they get a chance to vote for him!

Paula

darklinensuit
03-17-2004, 10:02 PM
The results show sucked!
I cannot believe Matt was up there safe but Jennifer was in the bottom two! He doesn't deserve to share the stage with her. I realize her style might not be for everyone, but she was at least in the top four or five Tuesday night.
What Bullsh!!!!t.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-17-2004, 10:27 PM
The results show sucked!
I cannot believe Matt was up there safe but Jennifer was in the bottom two! He doesn't deserve to share the stage with her. I realize her style might not be for everyone, but she was at least in the top four or five Tuesday night.
What Bullsh!!!!t.

- Jake

Yes, I agree that was complete and total BS. Matt doesn't belong there, IMO. Jennifer's voice is not necessarily my style but I felt if anyone deserved to be in the bottom two it was Amy, the girl that wears the rainbow wristband, Leah and Matt.

dissention
03-17-2004, 11:19 PM
Is that ho Leah gone?!

I missed it, fill me in, darlings! :p

GardenStateGirlie
03-17-2004, 11:22 PM
Is that ho Leah gone?!

I missed it, fill me in, darlings! :p

Leah PEACED OUT tonight :nod: She, along with Amy and Jennifer were in the bottom three. IMO, Jennifer didn't belong there but Amy did.

dissention
03-17-2004, 11:25 PM
Leah PEACED OUT tonight :nod: She, along with Amy and Jennifer were in the bottom three. IMO, Jennifer didn't belong there but Amy did.

:blob1: :] :blob2:

Girl couldn't sing a freakin' note. :rolleyes: Soulful? My ass. Actually, my booty could produce some better noises than the ones that shot out of her pie hole. ;)

golden braid
03-17-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm glad Leah got kicked off. Matt should have been in the bottom three also but I think people vote for him because they like his personality.

skcin
03-18-2004, 09:32 AM
I'm glad Leah got kicked off. Matt should have been in the bottom three also but I think people vote for him because they like his personality.

Yeah, the right person got voted off. I was shocked Jennifer was at the bottom - maybe America doesn't like the odd faces she makes while singing (at times I'm afraid her eyes will pop right out of her head :eek: ) But that girl can SING, IMO.

Country music next week - any predictions?

I don't know how well redhead John will do with that genre...

Paula

darklinensuit
03-18-2004, 02:36 PM
Yeah, the right person got voted off. I was shocked Jennifer was at the bottom - maybe America doesn't like the odd faces she makes while singing (at times I'm afraid her eyes will pop right out of her head :eek: )

I'm more concerned that Fantaysia seems to be on a mission to lift her upper lip above her nostrils.

- Jake

skcin
03-18-2004, 04:24 PM
I'm more concerned that Fantaysia seems to be on a mission to lift her upper lip above her nostrils.

- Jake

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

We may see people actually morphing before our eyes this season - no surgery needed!

"Transformers...more than meets the eye..."

P

Violet
03-18-2004, 04:27 PM

Country music next week - any predictions?

How do you know it's country next week? Maybe they said it at the end and I missed it. :rolleyes:

And why didn't they have a guest judge? Or don't they do that every week?

I'm glad Leah is gone. It was painful listening to her.

Carol

darklinensuit
03-18-2004, 06:36 PM
How do you know it's country next week? Maybe they said it at the end and I missed it. :rolleyes:

And why didn't they have a guest judge? Or don't they do that every week?

I'm glad Leah is gone. It was painful listening to her.

Carol

I read it's country on Zap2it.
Somewhere else I read that Simon doesn't like having guest judges because it implies that the regular three need help. After seeing Gladys and Burt Bacharach last season, I agree.

- Jake

Violet
03-18-2004, 07:07 PM
I read it's country on Zap2it.
Somewhere else I read that Simon doesn't like having guest judges because it implies that the regular three need help. After seeing Gladys and Burt Bacharach last season, I agree.

- Jake

Thanks! Hopefully they'll have a few this year anyway...I kind of liked that part..on the idononfox website they had a poll, what were you most looking forward to, theme nights, guest judges, etc...so I'm thinking they will.

Carol

darklinensuit
03-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Thanks! Hopefully they'll have a few this year anyway...I kind of liked that part..on the idononfox website they had a poll, what were you most looking forward to, theme nights, guest judges, etc...so I'm thinking they will.

Carol

If it's not Stevie, I can pass on it, but that's just me. I'm sure most fans agree with you.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-18-2004, 07:56 PM
If it's not Stevie, I can pass on it, but that's just me. I'm sure most fans agree with you.

- Jake

Whenever there is a guest judge, that means the contestants are singing his/her songs. Frankly, I don't want to watch them ruin her songs.

skcin
03-18-2004, 09:30 PM

- Jake

Nope, I'm with you, Jake.

darklinensuit
03-19-2004, 05:08 PM
Whenever there is a guest judge, that means the contestants are singing his/her songs. Frankly, I don't want to watch them ruin her songs.

Not even William Hung?

She taken by wind! She taken by wind!:eek:

- Jake

cliffdweller
03-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Yes, I agree that was complete and total BS. Matt doesn't belong there, IMO.

Word.

I'm sorry I missed all the drama, so Leah's gone? That's one down....

DeeGeMe
03-19-2004, 07:06 PM
I've heard they're going to have a Paul McCartney/Beatles night and a Barry Manilow night. Don't know if Sir Paul or Barry will be making any appearances on the show though. I didn't like the whole celeb judge thing last season either.

darklinensuit
03-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Any opinions on which contestants should sing which country songs this week?

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-21-2004, 03:52 PM

- Jake

I'll have to think on that. However, this is going to be the week in which we see who has it and who doesn't. I really don't think many of the contestants will be able to pull off switching musical genres.

wondergirl9847
03-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Every single one of 'em will get ripped anyways. :rolleyes:

darklinensuit
I'll have to think on that. However, this is going to be the week in which we see who has it and who doesn't. I really don't think many of the contestants will be able to pull off switching musical genres.

Not even redhead John? He's been SO versatile so far.:laugh:

Will Convulsoboy be two-stepping or what? I'm curious to see if he tones it down like the judges said to.

- Jake

dissention

- Jake

I don't think any of them could pull it off. :(

However, I think Fantaysia will do it the best. She did a mean Bonnie Raitt. :nod:

darklinensuit
03-21-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm curious to see how LaToya does. I think she'll choose a slow one & de-country it.

- Jake

dissention
03-21-2004, 04:01 PM
I'm curious to see how LaToya does. I think she'll choose a slow one & de-country it.

- Jake

If anyone does Patsy Cline's "Crazy" I'll never watch the show again.

Everyone does the same songs and it sucks.

GardenStateGirlie
03-21-2004, 04:04 PM
Not even redhead John? He's been SO versatile so far.:laugh:

Will Convulsoboy be two-stepping or what? I'm curious to see if he tones it down like the judges said to.

- Jake

Frankly, I hope they all start square dancing. American Idol Hoedown :distress: :laugh:

darklinensuit
03-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Frankly, I hope they all start square dancing. American Idol Hoedown :distress: :laugh:

There's no Kimberly Caldwell. That's one ho down.;)

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-21-2004, 04:10 PM

- Jake

Yea...and Leah's gone too... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dissention
03-21-2004, 04:10 PM

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-21-2004, 04:16 PM
Yea...and Leah's gone too... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I almost posted her name, but didn't want to pick on a seventeen-year-old.
But I will say she looked pretty stiff singing last week. I can't imagine her singing a peppy country song. Same with that one Hawaiian girl. Maybe she can sing "Since My Man Left Me I Got My Face Plastered With This Terrified Deer In The Headlights Look". ;)

- Jake

WelshWitchPMD
03-21-2004, 04:40 PM
Speaking of American Idol. Has anyone heard Kimberly Locke's new song? They play it on a teeny pop station here and I don't care for it. First of all her voice sounds synthesized and the song kind of reminds me of something Faith Hill would sing.

darklinensuit
03-21-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by WelshWitchPMD
Speaking of American Idol. Has anyone heard Kimberly Locke's new song? They play it on a teeny pop station here and I don't care for it. First of all her voice sounds synthesized and the song kind of reminds me of something Faith Hill would sing.

I haven't heard it. Apparently I just missed it yesterday while I was driving. The DJ was raving about it. To be honest, I couldn't stand her at this time last year, but at the end of the season she had gained my respect. I liked her more than I liked Ruben or Clay, but that doesn't say much.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-21-2004, 10:08 PM
I haven't heard it. Apparently I just missed it yesterday while I was driving. The DJ was raving about it. To be honest, I couldn't stand her at this time last year, but at the end of the season she had gained my respect. I liked her more than I liked Ruben or Clay, but that doesn't say much.

- Jake

It's called 8th World Wonder and it's one of those songs that if you hear it once or twice, it'll be stuck in your head. It's not bad but like everything else on the radio, it's only been released a few weeks back and is totally played out already.

skcin
03-21-2004, 10:17 PM

LOL!

I'm thinking it's a sure thing that Football Guy does Toby Keith or Garth Brooks - anyone want to place bets?

As far as John Stevens goes, I'm sure it will be a slow, sappy, boring, drawn-out, lagging, dragging...

huh? Oh, sorry, I must have dozed off - what was the question?

Paula ;)

darklinensuit
03-22-2004, 10:40 AM
I think the only Idol song I've liked so far is Miss Independent.

- Jake

cliffdweller
03-22-2004, 04:21 PM

- Jake

I'm afraid this will be Spas Attack's last night (that is,...if there's any justice in this world).

I cringe to imagine red-headed John singing country, this oughta be some hilarious viewing.

darklinensuit
03-22-2004, 05:09 PM
I'm afraid this will be Spas Attack's last night (that is,...if there's any justice in this world).

I think he's going to last awhile.

- Jake

cliffdweller
03-22-2004, 08:03 PM
I think he's going to last awhile.

- Jake

You're probably right, because the next person to go is probably going to be the ex-footballer. At least it should be, although, unfortunately, America thinks their both irresistable. Damn their loveable personalities! Damn them I say!:laugh:

GardenStateGirlie
03-22-2004, 09:17 PM
I think the only Idol song I've liked so far is Miss Independent.

- Jake

Hmmm...

: pictures Jake singing Miss Independent:

:subsequently dies laughing: :laugh:

darklinensuit
03-23-2004, 12:49 AM
You're probably right, because the next person to go is probably going to be the ex-footballer. At least it should be, although, unfortunately, America thinks their both irresistable. Damn their loveable personalities! Damn them I say!:laugh:

He's MY pick to go (I don't find his personality lovable), though I think country might be a style better suited to his voice. (His Too Hot To Handle bit was so awful I couldn't believe the judges didn't rip him apart!)
I'm thinking it might be the Hawaiian bundle of nerves. I'm hoping it's not Jennifer!
Curious to see what Fantaysia can pull off in country.

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Hmmm...

: pictures Jake singing Miss Independent:

:subsequently dies laughing: :laugh:

"What happened to Miss Indigestion..." (Hi, Marissa:wavey: )

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-23-2004, 01:09 AM
"What happened to Miss Indigestion..." (Hi, Marissa:wavey: )

- Jake

She's here. With her Tums. :wavey:

darklinensuit
03-23-2004, 01:26 AM
She's here. With her Tums. :wavey:

I think I'm the only old guy around who has never had Tums or Rolaids.

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-23-2004, 01:30 AM
I think I'm the only old guy around who has never had Tums or Rolaids.

- Jake

They really don't work anyway. And they taste like chalk. I have to take Zantac before I eat everyday...when I do eat. It's the only thing that seems to work for me. Stomach problems are not a good time. See, now, and you thought you were making a joke

darklinensuit
03-23-2004, 01:35 AM
They really don't work anyway. And they taste like chalk. I have to take Zantac before I eat everyday...when I do eat. It's the only thing that seems to work for me. Stomach problems are not a good time. See, now, and you thought you were making a joke

Well, how do you expect to feel when you know how chalk tastes?

Seriously, feel better. (Hell knows you're unpleasant enough when you're healthy, so I mean it sincerely when I say Get well.:nod: :laugh: )

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-23-2004, 01:40 AM
Well, how do you expect to feel when you know how chalk tastes?

Seriously, feel better. (Hell knows you're unpleasant enough when you're healthy, so I mean it sincerely when I say Get well.:nod: :laugh: )

- Jake

Is this "sweet and sincere," Jake? Why i'm stunned.

Sarcasm aside, thank you :nod:

darklinensuit
03-23-2004, 01:43 AM
Is this "sweet and sincere," Jake? Why i'm stunned.

Sarcasm aside, thank you :nod:

Just looking for that bigger commission we discussed.:)

- Jake

GardenStateGirlie
03-23-2004, 01:49 AM
Just looking for that bigger commission we discussed.:)

- Jake

If you keep this up, you'll get it :nod:

skcin
03-23-2004, 09:14 AM

Curious to see what Fantaysia can pull off in country.

- Jake

It all depends on what THEY consider "country" - if they let them do newer Faith & Shania songs (which I consider straight-up POP, not country), the girls will probably do great. If they make them do REAL country, I don't know...Diana will be OK, but the rest? I don't know how good they'll sound doing country, I may be wrong...

Paula

estranged4life
03-23-2004, 04:16 PM
and idea from George Carlin (George's original idea was applied to the "Miss USA" pageant), I think they should make the losers of A.I. come back and sing until they finally win the stupid thing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cliffdweller
03-23-2004, 04:33 PM
He's MY pick to go (I don't find his personality lovable

I don't either, but I think the rest of America does. :rolleyes: It must be the personality because his performances have been beyond horrible! And you're right, the "Hard to Handle" performance was laughable, I mean, I was actually rolling!

Merf
03-23-2004, 09:12 PM
I've only caught a couple performances tonight.... Jennifer Hudson (she was bad) and Jon Peter (he was worse).

I have to say that I love Simon. He has been spot on this year. I am overall disappointed by this year's finalists. Fantasia all the way, baybah! :)

Merf
03-23-2004, 09:15 PM
Jasmine was okay, but to the defense of the others, "Breathe" is NOT a country song. It's a pop song!

Merf
03-23-2004, 09:26 PM
I do NOT like Matt Rogers. I just don't. Sorry y'all.

Merf
03-23-2004, 09:50 PM
I may have a new fave.... Amy. or Latoya :)

GardenStateGirlie
03-23-2004, 09:52 PM
For me it's Diana and LaToya...everyone else? Blah.

That's right, Amy. Praise the lord and pass the ammunition....so I can shoot myself in the head. You were better tonight than you have been but as a whole...this group? Sucked.

With a HUGE catalog of country songs to choose from, why did some people pick recent songs that were on the top of the charts? Bleh.

:distress:

GardenStateGirlie
03-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Did I mention that Desperado has been ruined for me? It has. Way to go, Cam.

skcin
03-23-2004, 11:08 PM

Likewise - UGH! Awful!

I thought John Stevens did great (although it was a "safe" song for his voice, as Simon would say.) Also liked Fantasia, Latoya & Amy. George was alright. The rest of them did nothing for me.

I'm thinking Camille may be a goner - and rightly so.

Paula

darklinensuit
03-24-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Merf
I've only caught a couple performances tonight.... Jennifer Hudson (she was bad) and Jon Peter (he was worse).

I have to say that I love Simon. He has been spot on this year. I am overall disappointed by this year's finalists. Fantasia all the way, baybah! :)

Fantasia was good.
This was Jennifer's weakest performance (poor song choice, IMO), but for Simon (again) to make it sound like she was worse than Camille, Matt, etc. is ridiculous.
And I'm sorry, but I find LaToya dull and I don't care for the sound of Diana's voice, though they certainly have strong voices.

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-24-2004, 10:31 AM
I do NOT like Matt Rogers. I just don't. Sorry y'all.

Agreed. I cannot believe they continue to praise the guy.

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-24-2004, 10:32 AM
I may have a new fave.... Amy. or Latoya :)

Amy was great in auditions and again last night. She's finally choosing the right song to showcase her voice and pep.

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-24-2004, 10:34 AM
For me it's Diana and LaToya...everyone else? Blah.

That's right, Amy. Praise the lord and pass the ammunition....so I can shoot myself in the head. You were better tonight than you have been but as a whole...this group? Sucked.

With a HUGE catalog of country songs to choose from, why did some people pick recent songs that were on the top of the charts? Bleh.

:distress:

In the performers' defense, most of the target teenybopper voters don't know even the Kenny Rogers song, I'd imagine. I'm sure the singers heard voices telling them to go with the recent and familiar.

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-24-2004, 10:35 AM

That was beyond bad. She should go tonight, but I think it will be Jennifer.

- Jake

cliffdweller
03-24-2004, 10:37 AM

Agreed. Nobody does that song like Linda.

Matt Rogers is an abomination! He's outta there!

Is it just me, or were most of the performances just flat boring last night? I seriously cannot believe that Matt and John (spas boy) are still in the competition!

darklinensuit
03-24-2004, 10:38 AM
Likewise - UGH! Awful!

I thought John Stevens did great (although it was a "safe" song for his voice, as Simon would say.) Also liked Fantasia, Latoya & Amy. George was alright. The rest of them did nothing for me.

I'm thinking Camille may be a goner - and rightly so.

Paula

George is growing on me. And I do like the Jon Peter guy - he has charisma. But the other guys need to go. John Stevens is going to survive another week, but I think it's ridiculous that Simon praises him for being derivative of Dean Martin, but when other singers take a similar style he labels them lounge singers. And John Stevens's choreography made me laugh.

- Jake

Livia
03-24-2004, 11:55 AM
George is growing on me

You might wanna have someone take a look at that. :p

Last night was a big yawn fest. But Fantasia, LaToya and Kim were a-ight. I love Sin Wagon.

Jon must GO!!

skcin
03-24-2004, 12:26 PM
You might wanna have someone take a look at that. :p

Last night was a big yawn fest. But Fantasia, LaToya and Kim were a-ight. I love Sin Wagon.

Jon must GO!!

You mean Amy, right? (she sang Sin Wagon) I agree - great song & awesome vocal from her last night.

BTW - did anyone else notice how they censored the oh-so-risque (sp) line of "do a little mattress dancin, that's right I said mattress dancin!" to "crazy dancin"? Give me a break, lol!

Paula

Livia
03-24-2004, 12:29 PM
You mean Amy, right?

Yes, that's who I meant! Pink hair girl!

darklinensuit
03-24-2004, 02:04 PM
You mean Amy, right? (she sang Sin Wagon) I agree - great song & awesome vocal from her last night.

BTW - did anyone else notice how they censored the oh-so-risque (sp) line of "do a little mattress dancin, that's right I said mattress dancin!" to "crazy dancin"? Give me a break, lol!

Paula

Just wait until next week, when Matt and John Stevens try to sing the newly adjusted lyrics to "Come" and "Second Hand News".;)

- Jake

wondergirl9847
03-24-2004, 02:07 PM

Paula

When Justin came back on AI2 to sing "I Saw Your Face", they made him change the lyrics from "You're so damn beautiful" to "You're so so beautiful." :rolleyes:

The people they want to watch AI are kids...so....

Anyways, I missed Amy's performance, but I heard it on the radio this morning and she can sing with that country yodel (break)!! She was pretty good!

GardenStateGirlie
03-24-2004, 02:10 PM
Just wait until next week, when Matt and John Stevens try to sing the newly adjusted lyrics to "Come" and "Second Hand News".;)

- Jake

Yea, because I can really hear John Stevens saying "think of me sweet darlin' everytime you don't come..." in his ratpack voice.

I would laugh a lot and then he'd get my vote :nod:

darklinensuit
03-24-2004, 02:14 PM
When Justin came back on AI2 to sing "I Saw Your Face", they made him change the lyrics from "You're so damn beautiful" to "You're so so beautiful." :rolleyes:

The people they want to watch AI are kids...so....

Anyways, I missed Amy's performance, but I heard it on the radio this morning and she can sing with that country yodel (break)!! She was pretty good!

She was my favorite last night, her and Fantasia.

- Jake

darklinensuit
03-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Yea, because I can really hear John Stevens saying "think of me sweet darlin' everytime you don't come..." in his ratpack voice.

I would laugh a lot and then he'd get my vote :nod:

It would be "Think of me, sweet darling, every time you don't feel really really good." :cool: Adjusted lyrics, remember?

- Jake