Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2003, 03:42 PM
Ledgie

Default Stevie's (timely) Q&A in People

Stevie Nicks hits the road this month, donning her platform shoes to tour with Fleetwood Mac following the release of their new album Say You Will. PEOPLE talked with Nicks, 54, late one night after band rehearsal in L.A.

How's rehearsal?
If I sound like I'm spaced, I'm not. I've been listening to really, really, really loud rock and roll since 2 o'clock, for almost eight hours now. But that's how it is — very long hours.

And you still love this?
I will like it if I'm having fun out there. I think we need to go out and make music that makes people happy.

How do rock and menopause mix?
Well, it has not been easy. I fight it every day. It takes over your life. It makes you not feel good. I've heard women say menopause is wonderful, the "change" is great, but it's not. It sucks. It forces you to make a choice — whether you want to get old or you want to stay young.

And you?
I have a 40-city tour starting on May 17. I can't give in.

At what age do you start worrying about falling off your platform boots?
I was trying to prepare everyone that I wasn't going to wear them on this tour, and I got a terrible reaction. So I guess they're back.

What do you think of the new crop of female rockers?
I just met Michelle Branch. Pretty impressive. I told her to write her own songs. That's where you make the money. I also laughingly said, "Don't ever gain 20 lbs."

Out of curiosity, have you seen American Idol?
Whenever I can. I love it. It makes me laugh. If I was 20, I'd be down there trying out.

If Simon said you couldn't sing, how would you react?
I could handle him.

And if you were a judge?
I'd be just like him. "Get another job. Next!"
Old 04-25-2003, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool article. I have a feeling good things will start happening... they will find their way, their path... and enjoy the summer with this tour!
Old 04-25-2003, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Stevie's (timely) Q&A in People

Quote:
Originally posted by beach~gypsy
And you still love this?
I will like it if I'm having fun out there. I think we need to go out and make music that makes people happy.
What does that mean? "I will like it if I'm having fun out there." Does she or does she not want to go on tour with her old band?

Quote:
At what age do you start worrying about falling off your platform boots?
I was trying to prepare everyone that I wasn't going to wear them on this tour, and I got a terrible reaction. So I guess they're back.
I knew it! That's what I said. I figure she walked in to that first rehearsal a few months ago wearing those atrocious clodhopper platform sneakers, & Buckingham & Fleetwood probably laughed so hard they cried.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well whoever it was she listened to about the boots needs to tell her the same damn thing about the dress!

And yeah, just what does, "I will if I'm having fun out there" mean? How can we make sure she does?

-Sharon
Old 04-25-2003, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I dont think we can, Sharon... its up to her if she wants to have a good time. We all know it wont be for lack of company, she's so sought after...
Old 04-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Ledgie

Default for real!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
Well whoever it was she listened to about the boots needs to tell her the same damn thing about the dress!

-Sharon
I keep thinking surely, surely, SURELY someone is telling her abour the dress!!
Old 04-25-2003, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah but whomever could be saying they love it, whearas the opinion here differs, lol!
Old 04-25-2003, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie, there are other shoes, besides platform Reeboks that would still look great and not cause you to wobble. (I don't know about anyone else, lol, but her answer made me feel kinda guilty. Again. )

Too, don't know about anyone else, but it's KILLING me, all this talk about menopause and the fact that they're getting older...AHHH....I'm not READY for this yet!

And I still can't help it, I'm getting a very odd vibe from them. Something just ain't right. *IF* she's having a good time? wth? Well, I think I know what the problem is, but I ain't saying it here. (Still got my cottonball. )

Get your **** together, FM! WhatEVER it takes. hehehe...

~Angela~
Old 04-25-2003, 11:51 PM
Ledgie

I can't believe she said "it sucks" in an interview!!
Old 04-26-2003, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by beach~gypsy
I can't believe she said "it sucks" in an interview!!
lol yeah i was a little surprised too... the talk about menopause at first made me think it was a gag article that a fan wrote to be funny... i was expecting the next line to be "so stevie tell me about your hot flashes."
Old 04-26-2003, 02:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

How do rock and menopause mix?
Well, it has not been easy. I fight it every day. It takes over your life. It makes you not feel good. I've heard women say menopause is wonderful, the "change" is great, but it's not. It sucks. It forces you to make a choice — whether you want to get old or you want to stay young.

I still can't believe that this subject was discussed. Kind of personal. I guess it is natural, however.
I am going to agree with Stevie. It does sound like it is not fun. Poor Stevie.
Lets just hope that we don't see her next in an ad for a menopause product a la Patti La Belle.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If I am not mistaken, didn't she wear shoes other than the boots in the RAL tour video?

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-26-2003, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well this could explain alot about Stevie. She's probably just a mess of hormones and the topper being she gets to watch Lindsey, who doesn't go through menopause look and feel great with his ultra young kids and wife. Im sure the whole situation is a bit straining on her. Poor Stevie. I hope she has fun.
Old 04-26-2003, 07:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Janet
Well this could explain alot about Stevie. She's probably just a mess of hormones and the topper being she gets to watch Lindsey, who doesn't go through menopause look and feel great with his ultra young kids and wife. Im sure the whole situation is a bit straining on her. Poor Stevie. I hope she has fun.
I agree Janet. It has got to be so hard to keep up the pace they have to for all of those interviews, tv shows, etc...Even back in her younger days Stevie used to complain about it,& said that was one of the reasons they all did coke. Now she's going through menopause! Jeez, what a drag. I hope she is able to stay well throughout the tour.

Nae
Old 04-26-2003, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When i read that i felt so sad for her...here i am complaining about The Dress and the poor woman is on the hormonal roller coaster ride from hell.It's ok,Stevie...you wear whatever the hell you want,hon,it's all good..and tell everyone who bitches that you have to wear your boots to walk around in them for a while and see how it feels,lol..
It must also be hard not having Christine around to at least have someone who knows what the hell you are going through PLUS,whatever her feeling are about not having kids,menopause pretty much throws the finality of the situation in your face...and then she has to see Mick and Lindsey's kids

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks