User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2021, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Just imagine the tens of millions this guy constantly blows through.
Every once in a while when I'm driving, I'll see a man I don't know in a car waiting to take a turn or exit a parking lot and he'll look like Mick Fleetwood and I'll think to myself, "this could have been Mick if he wasn't in a band making money." And then I always wonder to myself, "how could he possibly spend all that money, and on whattttt???" One would hope on that last FM tour he would have been smart enough to save his money. But you know, you just gotta know, he's probably desperate as hell to make a dime again.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The whole Britney Spears thing made me think of Mick. You know, as adults, we have a right to waste our money even if it means financial ruin. We also have the right to make bad romantic choices. You shouldn’t get to “protect” people from things like that. If she’s not suicidal or homicidal, she has the right to make awful personal decisions.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
"how could he possibly spend all that money, and on whattttt???"
That's exactly what I always ask, too. I compare him with John Deacon, who is completely retired, I think since 1997 (last appearance with his Queen fellows), and he is wealthy and lives peacefully away from the media, or so I read. I can't understand why Mick is always needing money again. However I admit that at the time I was happy with those deluxe editions, I enjoyed those alternative versions and I think that was thanks to Mick.

Last edited by Villavic; 07-31-2021 at 09:44 AM..
Old 08-01-2021, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
That's exactly what I always ask, too. I compare him with John Deacon, who is completely retired, I think since 1997 (last appearance with his Queen fellows), and he is wealthy and lives peacefully away from the media, or so I read. I can't understand why Mick is always needing money again. However I admit that at the time I was happy with those deluxe editions, I enjoyed those alternative versions and I think that was thanks to Mick.
I agree to an extent, although Deacon gets writing royalties which Mick doesn’t. They don’t make as much of a difference in the age of streaming, but they used to. Also Queen is way more of a slick commercial enterprise like FM so suspect it’s more lucrative. I get the impression that in recent decades Mick “only” has touring income and then yes he fritters it away on divorces and bad business decisions.
Old 08-06-2021, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
I agree to an extent, although Deacon gets writing royalties which Mick doesn’t. They don’t make as much of a difference in the age of streaming, but they used to. Also Queen is way more of a slick commercial enterprise like FM so suspect it’s more lucrative. I get the impression that in recent decades Mick “only” has touring income and then yes he fritters it away on divorces and bad business decisions.
But, Mark, doesn’t Mick make good money on all the current sales of the white album and Rumours and whatever else is still selling? I thought they all benefited from the fact that Rumours keeps selling every decade.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-06-2021, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
But, Mark, doesn’t Mick make good money on all the current sales of the white album and Rumours and whatever else is still selling? I thought they all benefited from the fact that Rumours keeps selling every decade.
That was my point too. Yes, Deacon wrote few Queen hits, so he sure earns more money, but all those FM album/songs sales that still are, including the re-editions, sure Mick is still receiving good money... I could live comfortably with that money
Old 08-07-2021, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
aren't those the rights he sold recently? So he got a lump sum rather than a steady stream of checks....?