The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-08-2021, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do you think a divorce could be Stevie’s price for letting Lindsey back in the band?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Do you think a divorce could be Stevie’s price for letting Lindsey back in the band?
I think her hatred of him goes deeper than that. But, 2023 is just around the corner. Frozen Love Unthawed Tour!
Old 06-08-2021, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Yes, but then I remembered, when the moon was full and bright.
I believe Stephanie and Harry Styles are attracted to each other. Never will she be attracted to someone her age haha

I hope Lindsey's children are doing fine.
Old 06-08-2021, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not only TMZ

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny...3me-story.html

Messner’s divorce petition surfaced the same day Buckingham announced the release of the first single off his upcoming self-titled album.

Titled “I Don’t Mind,” the single is the first taste of new music he described as something “I’ve been intending to get out for a couple of years now, but on more than one occasion, unforeseen circumstances necessitated a postponement of plans.”

Last edited by Villavic; 06-08-2021 at 08:56 PM..
Old 06-08-2021, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

too much time together during Covid? A lot of relationships fell apart because of it, including a number of celebs.

The timing of the filing... coinciding with the first single release.... generate even more coverage, or have things gotten nasty and trying to overshadow the new music with bad publicity??

It kind of seemed she had moved more into her own world with the equestrian stuff... and her interior design business seems to have slowed way down in recent years. Grow apart, but hang on til the kids are on their own??

They sold their big family house and bought one just a few doors down, tore it down and built a whole new crazy expensive one on the lot. It felt at the time like they were downsizing as the kids were reaching adulthood and building a potential retirement home in LA. Didn't they also buy a getaway place out on a golf course somewhere??

Makes me sad to think of him alone in his elder years. Who knows, maybe there'll be some new young babe to push his wheel chair.....

Still...sad news.

Anywhere to hear the new song??

ETA: I think all her horse stuff was in Santa Rosa....so, interesting song title...

ETA: https://www.latimes.com/business/rea...nap-story.html

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 06-08-2021 at 09:57 PM..
Old 06-08-2021, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

Anywhere to hear the new song??
There's a link in the new album thread.
Old 06-08-2021, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
There's a link in the new album thread.
thanks, classic case of asking before looking

found it and listened....
Old 06-08-2021, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting, given the stated theme of the album, that it was the album he was wanting to put out and tour during the whole firing debacle. That was 2018, so.....maybe they've been rocky for a while...

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...firing-733460/
Old 06-08-2021, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
thanks, classic case of asking before looking

found it and listened....
You're welcome.

And I do the same. I've embraced my inner laziness...
Old 06-08-2021, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yeah it’s everywhere now. But when I posted the OG thread, it was just minutes after the TMZ announcement and nobody else had reported on it yet. Hence why I wasn’t sure about the legitimacy yet. Appears to be totally confirmed at this point now though.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The timing of the filing... coinciding with the first single release.... generate even more coverage, or have things gotten nasty and trying to overshadow the new music with bad publicity??
Doubt it. She filed on June 2nd, it’s just a coincidence that today happened to be when TMZ spotted the filing. I doubt there was any intentional push to have the two things announced on the same day.
Additionally, I’d assume they’ve been separated for a bit first. Generally you don’t rush to the courthouse for divorce filings immediately after a fight. I’d imagine there was a trial separation or something first and they’ve been broken up for longer than we know.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Doubt it. She filed on June 2nd, it’s just a coincidence that today happened to be when TMZ spotted the filing. I doubt there was any intentional push to have the two things announced on the same day.
Additionally, I’d assume they’ve been separated for a bit first. Generally you don’t rush to the courthouse for divorce filings immediately after a fight. I’d imagine there was a trial separation or something first and they’ve been broken up for longer than we know.
My comment about the timing was a bit sarcastic.
But I totally agree about this likely having been going on for quite some time. I did post in one of these LB threads a link to the 2018 Rolling Stone article he and Kristen did after the firing in which he mentions that the solo album he wanted to put out and tour behind at that time was this album, and his description of the songs is that they are about the difficulties that come in long-term relationships, so clearly they were working on things back then.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, sometimes too, life threatening experiences can change someone, and their priorities. Who knows how the heart attack changed their dynamic?
Old 06-08-2021, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This may be kind of rude to speculate about but I can’t help but think about how Kristen picked a very good time to file if we think about it financially. He’s not getting any of the usual big FM touring checks he used to get every few years - and he just got the settlement and the catalogue sale $$. This is probably the peak of his wealth since he has this stockpile now and there aren’t a ton of big money making opportunities in the future. Not sure what kinda prenup he may have had in place, but if it’s based on the net worth at time of separation then Kristen left at the absolute perfect time for monetary gain.
Old 06-08-2021, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
This may be kind of rude to speculate about but I can’t help but think about how Kristen picked a very good time to file if we think about it financially. He’s not getting any of the usual big FM touring checks he used to get every few years - and he just got the settlement and the catalogue sale $$. This is probably the peak of his wealth since he has this stockpile now and there aren’t a ton of big money making opportunities in the future. Not sure what kinda prenup he may have had in place, but if it’s based on the net worth at time of separation then Kristen left at the absolute perfect time for monetary gain.
well, even if she didn't think of that, her lawyer certainly would have.