User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-07-2021, 06:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
That being said, regarding Lindsey's attractiveness, the cover of L&O is pretty hard to beat.
Yep, very true.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:08 PM

I'm gay and I was more attracted to Stevie back in the day. Lindsey never really caught my eye. Looking back, I see the handsome face, just never timed it right for me.

I looked at Christine as a very attractive elegant lady with slight masculine features. I just wanted to hang with her. I truly loved the fact that she was a bit masculine and even sounded like a man at times.

Of course I was in the closet until the 90's.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Neil Young just also sold 50% stake in his publishing (1000+ songs!) to the same co Lindsey did.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/ne...k=tw&tsrc=twtr

Neil Young and Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham join music rights mega deal spree
Kumutha Ramanathan·Contributor
Wed, 6 January 2021, 7:48 am GMT-5·2-min read

Canadian singer-songwriter Neil Young performs at the Orange Stage at the Roskilde Festival in Roskilde, Denmark, July 1, 2016. Picture taken July 1, 2016. Scanpix Denmark/Nils Meilvang/via REUTERS

Canadian singer-songwriter Neil Young performs at the Orange Stage at the Roskilde Festival in Denmark. (Credit: Scanpix Denmark/Nils Meilvang/Reuters)
Rock legend Neil Young is the latest musician to strike a catalogue deal with London-listed Hipgnosis (SONG.L) as it continues its buying spree.

The firm has taken a 50% stake in the Canadian star’s portfolio of 1,180 tracks. He is a prolific songwriter and performer, known for his solo work and with bands, such as Buffalo Springfield, Crazy Horse and Crosby, Stills & Nash.

The value of the deal has not been disclosed, but experts have estimated a price tag of $150m (£110m).

Hipgnosis (SONG.L) was trading lower 0.3% in London at around 11.45am.

The music company's shares were trading lower on Wednesday. Chart: Yahoo Finance

“This is a deal that changes Hipgnosis forever,” said Merck Mercuriadis, the company’s founder.

Hipgnosis has also secured a number of other high-profile acquisitions of late, including some of the most famous Fleetwood Mac hits as part of a 100% deal for Lindsey Buckingham’s publishing rights across 161 songs. These include both his publishing and writer’s share.

READ MORE: FTSE soars as market focuses on a potential US Democratic sweep

Among Buckingham’s writing credits are Fleetwood Mac’s famous songs “Go Your Own Way” and “The Chain.”

Hipgnosis, a company that makes money from placing songs in films and TV shows, raised £250m in September to help fund its buying spree, with a pipeline of roughly £1bn.

The acquisition frenzy has hit as music juggernauts increasingly sell off all or portions of their catalogue, including Bob Dylan, Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks.

With COVID-19 restrictions limiting people’s ability to leave their home, musicians are not able to rely on revenue from concert sales, a significant portion of income for many. A string of sales of music rights and catalogues among top artists is the result.

“It’s amazing the way prices are going [up], after years of music assets being very low priced,” says Guillermo Page, a former record label executive who worked for Sony and Universal, and now teaches in the music program at the University of Miami, told Yahoo Finance. “The multiples we’re seeing right now are two or three times more than what those multiples used to be five or seven years ago. The music industry is generating money.”

WATCH: Bob Dylan sells song-writing catalogue to Universal Music
Holy smokes!.. Neil Young. Who's next?!.. Billy Joel..Elton... Bruce?
Old 01-07-2021, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah. I didn’t buy that stuff about not revisiting his past.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm gay and I was more attracted to Stevie back in the day. Lindsey never really caught my eye. Looking back, I see the handsome face, just never timed it right for me.
I’m glad to hear this... no one better be looking at my man!

Besides his face, I think Lindsey’s mop of curls were what caught my eye. That was probably my favorite look. He’s aged well; remarkably, the entire Rumours band have aged well, considering everything. Mick especially, who looked like a freak and was even kind of scary looking in the late 70s, looks good now.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Once Lindsey cut his hair and shaved I thought he was gorgeous. Before that, with all the hair, I could not tell him apart from anyone else. He looked grungy and generic to me. Dopey.

The Seven Wonders video is his peak look for me.

Remember how Lindsey removed his moles? I want someone to ask him about that because it’s a vanity move that I don’t think he would be interested in discussing. In fact I think he would not directly answer. He would give the impression that it is too insignificant for him to remember, but he remembers.

Like he knows whether he had epilepsy or mono. If he hasn’t ever been diagnosed with either, then he knows if he was diagnosed with something else. But he won’t say, he vagues out on a direct answer.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Once Lindsey cut his hair and shaved I thought he was gorgeous. Before that, with all the hair, I could not tell him apart from anyone else. He looked grungy and generic to me. Dopey.

Remember how Lindsey removed his moles? I want someone to ask him about that because it’s a vanity move that I don’t think he would be interested in discussing. In fact I think he would not directly answer. He would give the impression that it is too insignificant for him to remember, but he remembers.

Like he knows whether he had epilepsy or mono. If he hasn’t ever been diagnosed with either, then he knows if he was diagnosed with something else. But he won’t say, he vagues out on a direct answer.

Moles? On his face?? Huh... I don't recall them.

Often dermatologists will recommend removing them if there's even a remote risk of skin cancer. I have a mole on my leg that hasn't changed one iota since birth but every time a dr or dermatologist sees it they gasp and say, oh my how long have you had that? (It's tiny but very dark). My dear mother, as she was dying of cancer, used to bark at them (I'd go with her to her dr appts and they'd call out MY mole) "oh fer crissakes she's had that since she was BORN".
Old 01-09-2021, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He had them on his chin. I was looking for a picture and saw that I was talking about the same thing 10 years ago. At least I am consistent.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree with you- the reference I made to Lindsey’s curls was actually from Law and Order, although they weren’t nearly as prominent then as they were pre-Tusk. During FM and Rumours, I again agree with your assessment that he looked generic. Except for the fact that he had more hair, Lindsey and John both have that same look/vibe going on, just like the guys from Boston, etc. He really solidified his look during Tusk, and for the better. But during L&O, he had curls, which made him look even better, IMO. And the whole Tango period he looked great, though I think they all did, with the exception of Stevie’s hair in Big Love. Big Love, Seven Wonders, and Little Lies are probably all of them at their peak, in terms of looks alone.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Except for the fact that he had more hair, Lindsey and John both have that same look/vibe going on, just like the guys from Boston, etc.
Not to mention Jeff Lynne from ELO, and James Brolin in 'The Amityville Horror' movie.

Hard to tell them all apart.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendaze5 View Post
Not to mention Jeff Lynne from ELO, and James Brolin in 'The Amityville Horror' movie.

Hard to tell them all apart.
I've seen quite a few Jeff Lynne pics over the years that I thought were Lindsey upon first glance.
Old 01-10-2021, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I never think that a man with makeup looks gorgeous or even good. From my understanding that was Carol idea to put makeup on him and he shouldn't put his foot down and said hell NO!
Old 01-11-2021, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I do not mind a man with make up. I am not going to disparage guy liner. I liked it on Prince too.

CAH said the band was not happy with the makeover. I would love to hear what was said to his face and behind his back. I bet it was hilarious.

Bwboy, you mentioned them all looking good. I think, Stevie once describedabout when they were all together, it was like they came out of a movie. I think David Carradine said something along the same lines. He said something like one Carradine brother was cool by himself but when you got all of them together it was amazing and powerful. And around that era I felt that coming from FM. There was an aura about the five, together. It was cool, a little dark, a little mysterious. Smoldering. You could sense it in the videos. It was a magical time.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.rollingstone.com/pro/new...-fund-1113586/

Shakira sold to Hipnosis. Best Super Bowl halftime performer.

Fun fact: Fleetwood Mac's Tour Manager Marty Hom is also Shakira's tour manager.
Old 01-13-2021, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do not mind a man with make up. I am not going to disparage guy liner. I liked it on Prince too.

Bwboy, you mentioned them all looking good. I think, Stevie once describedabout when they were all together, it was like they came out of a movie. I think David Carradine said something along the same lines. He said something like one Carradine brother was cool by himself but when you got all of them together it was amazing and powerful. And around that era I felt that coming from FM. There was an aura about the five, together. It was cool, a little dark, a little mysterious. Smoldering. You could sense it in the videos. It was a magical time.
I agree. I wish there were more photos of the band around the time of Tango, including behind the scenes photos when they made the videos for Tango. It was really fun seeing Christine and Lindsey interacting in Little Lies, and seeing John and Stevie together together there, as well.