Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Homecoming W/Stevie and Lindsey shoes

OK so my HC consisted of Lindsey and stevie but first things first!
thank you for those that helped me out in the Lindsey forum with finding his choice pair of shoes, haha.

HAVE I GOT A STORY FOR YOU GUYS!!!!

Ok so first of all Homecoming was great, I wasn't king but I was in the top five, and it was good enough for me. So during the pep rally when the nominees walked down the b-ball court with the princesses each couple was suppose to do something like a dipor guy twirl the girl. Well My dream date (first picture), is taller than I so she spun me, haha it was hillarious. I did wear the Lindsey shoes so it made me a bit taller, but it's ok thats the way God made me!

Ok So since i am Senior class president, i was in charge of putting on HC, and it came out great, the decorations came out really beautiful, I will have pics to follow. So I made a request list of a bunch of songs wanted the DJ to play along with other requests from ppl, my two were EO17, and Stand back.

ok so fast forward, the night of the dance, I was walking down to the dance floor, and all of a sudden EO17 came on i have heard it many times at most of my dances but not for the last two dances, so I was extremely excited. and i danced and sang it out loud, everyone was like hmm that's cool, but weird......it gets worse ledgies, haha. A couple of songs later I hear DA DA DA...da da da da, on a key board and it was STAND BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FREAKED OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! adn heres the thing evrybody stopped DANCING!!!! and the feeling in the air was disturbing, and i looked at the DJ and he was horrified, that everyone stopped. HAHA Well i was lip singing, and pretty sure I made myself look stupid, but i did the twirls!!!!!!!! haha so I know for sure I will nvr have a GF at my high school, hahah, and right after the first chorus, the DJ immediately change dthe song to some hip hop rap song haha. so yea it was good....
............but serioulsy....I did the twirls full on. haha

THIS was the night of the dance

Some decorations
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm glad you had a fun time at homecoming!!!

They are such a blast [well sometimes...], and at least you got some Stevie at yours. The coolest thing we've gotten was some AC/DC, but I was in the hall talking when it was on. lol.

Oh honey, don't worry about looking like a dork because of Stevie. Story of my life. This kid I liked always teased me for my Stevie-Love.

BTW-You and your 'dream date' look cute together !!!

Jeze, I guess Stu-Co really does come with power.
I am so anti Stu-Co at my school it's not even funny.

But don't be so negative about the twirling, it's not a big deal, trust me.
That sucks that the other kids stoped dancing. That goes to show how rediculous today's kids are. [Me being one myself. lol]. But I'm glad you had a good time.

PS-did they play 'Low' by Flo Rida? That is seriously my favorite rap song to jam out to at the dances, but we got kindof sick during some others [I think they played a JT song that my group danced to]. Idk, I was in and out of the gym a lot - I had things to do, and people to talk to.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

Glad you had a fun time. Sucks that everyone stopped dancing to Stand Back. If there's ANY song to dance to...it's that one. Sheesh! LOL

Kids these days.[/old lady]

Well, at least you went to Homecoming. My date dumped me and I didn't go. I did however wear the arm garter thingy I made for him on my leg at school on HC Day. Still have that thing in a box out in our shed too.

Great pics!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks you guys! and yes they did play "low", LOVE that song! i do love some of then now-a-day hip hop too, like right now my fav is "Forever" By Chris Brown. Got to love the ch cha slide, and they even played some Hannah Montana, haha
Old 10-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sywlindseyfan View Post
thanks you guys! and yes they did play "low", LOVE that song! i do love some of then now-a-day hip hop too, like right now my fav is "Forever" By Chris Brown. Got to love the ch cha slide, and they even played some Hannah Montana, haha
you mean you did the twirls...and you're ...ahem...the guy in the photo?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

So glad you had a great time!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Oh Back off . Theres always room for alittle spinning, its a dance.

sywfan- You should have had the DJ play the Stand Back REMIX or the Remix to Dreams. THose always went over well at our dances!!
Old 10-16-2008, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: under beautiful desert skies of the Tri-cities in WA.

Sounds like a great HC dance. Too bad nobody danced during Stand Back. That is one of my favorite dance songs I am older too and any Fleetwood Mac/Stevie song would have been danced to at my HC dances and Prom. haha

Your photos are great.

So I close my eyes softly
Til I become that part of the wind

♥Debra♥
Old 10-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
PS-did they play 'Low' by Flo Rida? That is seriously my favorite rap song to jam out to at the dances,
Thanks for that, I have had that song stuck in my head all day, but just got it out. Now I come here and get it stuck in my head. Sure, that is one that I don't mind (okay, maybe I like it), but it kinda gets annoying after having stuck in our head all day.

Anyway, glad you had fun at your Homecoming dance, I didn't go to mine (or any other dance ever! I'm a nerd and proud of it). I'm sure Lindsey would be happy to know that he helped you with your shoe selection!
Old 10-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
Thanks for that, I have had that song stuck in my head all day, but just got it out. Now I come here and get it stuck in my head. Sure, that is one that I don't mind (okay, maybe I like it), but it kinda gets annoying after having stuck in our head all day.

Anyway, glad you had fun at your Homecoming dance, I didn't go to mine (or any other dance ever! I'm a nerd and proud of it). I'm sure Lindsey would be happy to know that he helped you with your shoe selection!
haha, sorry. I hate that too. But hell, I had 'Love Lockdown' by Kanye stuck in my head during PSATs, so don't even go there.
And I don't even like that one, I would have killed for 'Low' instead.

GoS, why didn't you go to dances? They are so fun! I know I partly go so I don't miss anything that goes on.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrislit18 View Post
haha, sorry. I hate that too. But hell, I had 'Love Lockdown' by Kanye stuck in my head during PSATs, so don't even go there.
And I don't even like that one, I would have killed for 'Low' instead.

GoS, why didn't you go to dances? They are so fun! I know I partly go so I don't miss anything that goes on.
I don't go for several reasons. One, I don't want my dance skills to dishearten the others. Two, I don't wan to pay money for things like that (Does everyone else get charged?). Three, because I am a super nerd and going might destroy my image. Though I will admit, I have been thinking about finally going to one.

I was lucky, during the PSAT's, I had Not Too Late running through my head.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Oh Back off . Theres always room for alittle spinning, its a dance.

sywfan- You should have had the DJ play the Stand Back REMIX or the Remix to Dreams. THose always went over well at our dances!!
Haha...yeah I guess you are right. Always better to dance than to not dance. I just got this mental image of all the kids not dancing and watching him do Stevie spins and not knowing what was going on.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoS View Post
I don't go for several reasons. One, I don't want my dance skills to dishearten the others. Two, I don't wan to pay money for things like that (Does everyone else get charged?). Three, because I am a super nerd and going might destroy my image. Though I will admit, I have been thinking about finally going to one.

I was lucky, during the PSAT's, I had Not Too Late running through my head.
You sound exactly like this kid who goes to my school that I hang out with.

I love how apathetic people are about dances. I find it fun to go just to harass freshmen...
Old 10-16-2008, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Reminds me of something my wife said a couple of nights ago. I was impersonating Stevie on my way to bed, doing the twirly thing and my wife asks "So is Stevie a gay icon?" (she was joking by the way).
Old 10-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

haha yea mylittledemon, I am that guy, and yes I did the twirls. But if you knew me personally it would be ok. I am not gay haha (not that there is anything wrong with that)...that's from Seinfeld. anyway, I have a cooky upbeat personality, that is the only person who dances crazily and does all the corny dice roll, q-tip, and grocery cart moves, haha. So yea everyone loves it and they say that I have the best dance moves just cuz they are so corny but still in beat, hahah. I don't dance, I just do whatever I feel, and go wherever the music takes me. I sorta become a free spirit, and everyone else copies my moves~! and all the girls love it!!!!!!!!!!!!.......So that's a plus! haha