Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Get the sweeper and red up your room
I've got the sweeper, but I ain't got nothin' that's red.
Old 02-18-2021, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've got the sweeper, but I ain't got nothin' that's red.
What about your Rooms On Fire cape
Old 02-18-2021, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
What about your Rooms On Fire cape
Why, you Peeping Tom!!!!!
Old 02-18-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Why, you Peeping Tom!!!!!
You guys better stop draggin this thread around. In my world, it's about the Live album. And that's how I feel!
Old 02-18-2021, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You guys better stop draggin this thread around. In my world, it's about the Live album. And that's how I feel!
Has the Ledge ever stayed on topic?
Old 02-18-2021, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Has the Ledge ever stayed on topic?
If Mary Lee Jones and Johnny Stew can do it, so can we!
Old 02-18-2021, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
There seems to be plenty of live audio left in the safe deposit box — stuff that keeps getting released in trickles, a little here, a little there. Whether there’s a real market for it outside of us rabid Macheads, I do not know. But the stuff is there, somewhere. We’ve been yammering for more of the Forum 1982 tracks for thirty years, and now some more of it is being trickled out (including that “Chain” from the second night). I think only Rhino would release old live audio like this.

The other thing we don’t know of course is just how much studio audio is in storage on reel-to-reel tape. When we get a product like Tusk Deluxe with fifteen or twenty extra items on it, does that represent most of what archivists found, half of what they found, or just a smidge of what they found?
I have no idea, but I smell a streaming service potential.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-18-2021, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I have no idea, but I smell a streaming service potential.
Steve, can you make that happen somehow — with your connections? Put out some feelers?

Michele will pay for your services, I assume.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-18-2021, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Steve, can you make that happen somehow — with your connections? Put out some feelers?

Michele will pay for your services, I assume.
Nope. I’m not really part of that world anymore.

Plus, anyone can Google Carl Stubner and get that number. It’s just as effective. However, who knows how something like that would even work, now, with all of the rights being signed away?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-18-2021, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Nope. I’m not really part of that world anymore.
I may have to contact my old team at Obie’s.

Quote:
Plus, anyone can Google Carl Stubner and get that number. It’s just as effective.
Carl Stubner? Saying his name makes me reach for my big toe.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-19-2021, 12:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Vaults

I would love for there to be untapped reserves...but when the hell are they going to get around to releasing them? When these albums hit 50?! A box of live shows from the tours the Rumours era lineup did would be great. Full shows from peak eras...yes. But it would definitely be a narrow market. I'm slightly surprised they're going the full deluxe route with 'Live' to be perfectly honest. For a band that's as big as FM was/is they really don't seem to have anyone handling their legacy all that well. But that isn't anything surprising in the end, is it?
Old 02-19-2021, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
I would love for there to be untapped reserves...but when the hell are they going to get around to releasing them? When these albums hit 50?! A box of live shows from the tours the Rumours era lineup did would be great. Full shows from peak eras...yes. But it would definitely be a narrow market. I'm slightly surprised they're going the full deluxe route with 'Live' to be perfectly honest. For a band that's as big as FM was/is they really don't seem to have anyone handling their legacy all that well. But that isn't anything surprising in the end, is it?
The concert audio on the three good deluxe albums and this new deluxe Live are heaven sent, to be sure, and kind of surprising. What it has demonstrated isn’t necessarily that someone at Rhino is pushing the envelope (every big old band is releasing deluxe, and this is only following the model) but that the material itself has been storaged and is retrievable if someone with the security clearance is looking for it. That’s what amazes me. I assumed that old studio tracking and concert audio were allowed to deteriorate or disappear by this stupid band and its irresponsible caretakers.

So the things we heard about over the years (like the fully recorded 1980 Hollywood Bowl shows) probably do still reside somewhere where they can be retrieved. If you live long enough, you may hear it. (I think of a few fans I knew who died before hearing a lot of this material and it’s sad and pathetic.)

Also, the earlier incarnations seem pretty well served by live releases, right? Shrine and Tea Party and the recent box sets?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-19-2021, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also, the earlier incarnations seem pretty well served by live releases, right? Shrine and Tea Party and the recent box sets?
The box that came out over the summer was pretty spectacular. It had stuff that should have been on the 1992 set.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-20-2021, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
SINCE you're from PA, do you play the card game euchre? It originated with the Pennsylvania Dutch, and pretty much only people from PA,OH, and IN have ever heard of it.
Euchre is a widely played game in New York State.
Old 02-20-2021, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
So....has anyone listened to The Chain on Spotify yet? I'm not the best at this and some of you are experts at spotting this stuff, but I feel like this is not from the Cleveland 1980 show. It doesn't sound Tusk-era at all. It sounds like it's from the Mirage tour. On my first listen I was like, this sounds familiar. After a couple listens, it's almost spot on to the Mirage video. Like, maybe from the other night at The Forum from the video. Lindsey's guitar sounds more like 1982 and even some of his and Stevie's ad-libs sound like Mirage. Have I lost it or anyone else hearing this?
I thought so, too. The guitar was definitely from the 82 shows. And Stevie’s cry at the end of each verse was definitely from the Mirage tour. Glad it was confirmed that the actual date was from October 1982.

Re: this version, I am LOVING Christine’s voice on the verses and her extensive organ work on the jam at the end. The entire band is in great form there.