The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2023, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I feel like there is no chance she’d ever go out and not do Gold Dust, Rhiannon, or Dreams. When was the last time with the Mac or solo she dropped one of those? 1988?

But I agree, some simple tweaks would revitalize her set a bit. Rooms on Fire, Long Way to Go, After the Glitter Fades, Kind of Woman, Angel, Nightbird, or I Can’t Wait have all been great suggestions I’ve seen lately instead of Gypsy, Rhiannon, Free Falling, If Anyone Falls, Outside the Rain, Wild Heart/Bella Donna.
Old 03-12-2023, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
It really doesn’t feel right that the Free Falling montage is still happening 5 going on 6 years later. It’s really starting to feel like she’s exploiting her friendship with Tom. It’s turning into the dead friends tour with the Prince tribute, Tom tribute, and now the Christine tribute.

I still can’t wrap my head around why they bother to go into tour rehearsals!? There’s literally no need for her to show up and rehearse anything.
At this point it is exploitation. With Prince it ALWAYS was since the idea of some great friendship between them was laughable at best. I’ll give the Christine tribute at this point - that one makes sense.

She knows when pics of Tom come up the audience will eat it up. When the Petty tribute during Free Falling was highlighted in multiple reviews as the high point of the show during the 2018-19 Mac tour, it was cringey and embarrassing but the audience just ate it up like she did a 1986 Stand Back twirl!
Old 03-12-2023, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I feel like there is no chance she’d ever go out and not do Gold Dust, Rhiannon, or Dreams. When was the last time with the Mac or solo she dropped one of those? 1988?

But I agree, some simple tweaks would revitalize her set a bit. Rooms on Fire, Long Way to Go, After the Glitter Fades, Kind of Woman, Angel, Nightbird, or I Can’t Wait have all been great suggestions I’ve seen lately instead of Gypsy, Rhiannon, Free Falling, If Anyone Falls, Outside the Rain, Wild Heart/Bella Donna.
She dropped Dreams after a few dates on her 24 Karat Gold tour, which was probably the first tour that she didn’t regularly perform it ever. But your point is well taken, it seems unlikely she would ever drop GDW or Rhiannon even for one tour.
Old 03-13-2023, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

Believe it or not but Dreams was dropped the last leg of the 24K Gold tour. I forget what it was replaced with but first solo or Mac concert ever I saw without Dreams. Besides Free Fallin, I cant believe she is still doing the Bella Donna/Wild Heart montage. 7 years now that its been in the set.
I think we are all over critical (including me). These sets are not for us core fans. They are for the concert promoters and the masses who fill the seats. Stevie fulfilled her duty. There is no more Fleetwood Mac but she made sure to play all her Fleetwood Mac hits and many of her solo hits. And she did perform her "new" song.
If any song from the 24K Gold tour should still be in the set is Crying In The Night. I thought it transformed live incredibly well. It fits her vocal range too. Waddy rocks that one out.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-13-2023 at 05:42 AM..
Old 03-13-2023, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Believe it or not but Dreams was dropped the last leg of the 24K Gold tour. I forget what it was replaced with but first solo or Mac concert ever I saw without Dreams. Besides Free Fallin, I cant believe she is still doing the Bella Donna/Wild Heart montage. 7 years now that its been in the set.
I think we are all over critical (including me). These sets are not for us core fans. They are for the concert promoters and the masses who fill the seats. Stevie fulfilled her duty. There is no more Fleetwood Mac but she made sure to play all her Fleetwood Mac hits and many of her solo hits. And she did perform her "new" song.
If any song from the 24K Gold tour should still be in the set is Crying In The Night. I thought it transformed live incredibly well. It fits her vocal range too. Waddy rocks that one out.
Isn't the set kind of stale even for the casual fan? A $150-200 minimum to hear almost the same setlist that was played last summer. Every time I think to myself that it's crazy I have not been to a solo Stevie show since 2005, every tour reminds me exactly why that is!
Old 03-13-2023, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At this point it is exploitation. With Prince it ALWAYS was since the idea of some great friendship between them was laughable at best. I’ll give the Christine tribute at this point - that one makes sense.

She knows when pics of Tom come up the audience will eat it up. When the Petty tribute during Free Falling was highlighted in multiple reviews as the high point of the show during the 2018-19 Mac tour, it was cringey and embarrassing but the audience just ate it up like she did a 1986 Stand Back twirl!
Yeah it's gross. It's one thing to pull on people's heart strings with the Stevie Lindsey on stage drama schtick...its another to use the death of a friend to do the same.
Old 03-13-2023, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She'll never, ever drop Landslide. It's the big emotional highlight of the evening, everyone (ie younger people) knows it and sings along, and it's still within her range. Not.Gonna.Happen.
Old 03-14-2023, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

I think as a Stevie fan, and speaking for myself, the most important thing is ending her career on a high while she still can and before she becomes a parody of herself.

It is sad as a fan hearing her being spoken about negatively. Some may say it's too late for that now. Hello Homer and others.

She could focus on her earlier softer harmony voice and not have to strain to sing songs that are too hard for her now.

Cindy Lauper has recently played concerts with Rod Stewart with some negative reviews and this is not what us fans want to hear, as their stars are getting older.
Old 03-15-2023, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She keeps shortening Edge of 17. I know she dropped the third verse several years ago (the clouds never expect it when it rains but the sea changes colors, etc). That was disappointing since IMHO that's one of my favorite verses she ever wrote. But now she also dropped the second verse (I went today, maybe I will go again tomorrow, the music there was hauntingly familiar). That also is an epic verse. It makes no sense to me because half of the song is instrumental. She should keep both verses and just shorten the ending if its too long. Come on Stevie, this is your most epic song and you are doing it a major disservice. It pains me to watch such an epic song go from the first verse, chorus, to "I hear you in the morning" last verse. Dear Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbKj1I0VJD8

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-15-2023 at 08:03 AM..
Old 03-15-2023, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
She keeps shortening Edge of 17. I know she dropped the third verse several years ago (the clouds never expect it when it rains but the sea changes colors, etc). That was disappointing since IMHO that's one of my favorite verses she ever wrote. But now she also dropped the second verse (I went today, maybe I will go again tomorrow, the music there was hauntingly familiar). That also is an epic verse. It makes no sense to me because half of the song is instrumental. She should keep both verses and just shorten the ending if its too long. Come on Stevie, this is your most epic song and you are doing it a major disservice. It pains me to watch such an epic song go from the first verse, chorus, to "I hear you in the morning" last verse. Dear Lord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbKj1I0VJD8

I couldn’t agree more just end the song after the last chorus like the original recording.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I couldn’t agree more just end the song after the last chorus like the original recording.
It makes no sense. Including both verses with chorus would only add 90 seconds to the song. Its like Led Zepplin performing Stairway To Heaven without key verses.
I realize most in that audience did not notice or care. But I wonder why she does it.
Old 03-16-2023, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I wonder if physically this tour is hard for her... she seems very slow and as someone else said, lumbering onstage, moving so very cautiously.
Because she has a broken toe right now - which is also why last night she wore sneakers ($1100 Balenciaga sneakers but sneakers nonetheless)
Old 03-17-2023, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Because she has a broken toe right now - which is also why last night she wore sneakers ($1100 Balenciaga sneakers but sneakers nonetheless)
ah...

pics of the sneaks?
Old 03-17-2023, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
ah...

pics of the sneaks?
Old 03-17-2023, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And hiking gaiters …??