Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2022, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
“We had Peter Green in the band…”
That’s hysterical. Poor John and Mick.

Actually, I’d like to see all the documentary outtakes that contained John and forget the rest of them. I know enough about the rest of them.
Old 05-18-2022, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree with what you write but for opposite reasons. I like the uptempo SYW songs. SYW is pure Lindsey and I dont understand the hate the album gets on this board. Its nothing short of brilliant. There is so much creativity on this album it blows me away. You get raw oddities like Illume and tremendous rockers like Everybody Finds Out. The Mac has never jammed like that before. You also get delicious pop songs like Thrown Down and a very good Running Through The Garden. IMHO people dont like it because it was not commercially successful. One thing I noticed about this board is the more successful the album is commercially, the more love it gets here. Of course Christine is missing and that would have improved the album. But for the love of God, we all bitch about wanting new music and creative stuff. SYW was that answer yet people hate it, I dont get it. We all wanted them to dive deep into creating creative music without the pressure of pop charts and SYW was that answer. The same people who praise Tusk for its coldness and aloofness criticize SYW for its coldness
You had me until you ran through that garden.

In the DR when Lindsey was crying or pretending to cry or doing whatever the heck he was doing and Stevie was awkwardly twirling her hair (like, “oh geez, this is TMI"), he also mentioned John. He said something like, “and John the way he is now.” I wanted some clarification on that point. I wanted to hear his full thought.

Last edited by michelej1; 05-20-2022 at 12:15 AM..
Old 05-18-2022, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Better they had done a new studio recording of Sweet Girl and put that on the album instead of Silver Girl. Granted it wouldn't sound as sweet without Christine's harmonies though.
Or Sad Girl. I’m sure Stevie has a Sad Girl demo lying around somewhere.
Old 05-19-2022, 06:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

In the DR when Lindsey was crying or pretending to cry or doing whatever the heck he was doing and Stevie was awkwardly twirling her hair (like, “oh geez, this is TMI), he also mentioned John. He said something like, “and John the way he is now.” I wanted some clarification on that point. I wanted to hear his full thought.
I'm sorry but there are too many flowers to cut down.
Someone had to do it.
Old 05-20-2022, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

In the DR when Lindsey was crying or pretending to cry or doing whatever the heck he was doing and Stevie was awkwardly twirling her hair (like, “oh geez, this is TMI"), he also mentioned John. He said something like, “and John the way he is now.” I wanted some clarification on that point. I wanted to hear his full thought.
Here’s something I hadn’t seen before that came across a few days ago.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-20-2022, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Interesting. I hadn’t seen this before either. I wonder what Richard (and Stevie) are talking about on the second page: Like what did Lindsey do to them? What a strange story.
Old 05-21-2022, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Interesting. I hadn’t seen this before either. I wonder what Richard (and Stevie) are talking about on the second page: Like what did Lindsey do to them? What a strange story.
He was probably extremely rigid and “prickly.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-21-2022, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I kind of look at the situation back then as Lindsey probably being the most sober of everyone there. And trying like hell to herd the "gaggle of cats" to make some music.

Mick was heavy into cocaine and partying all night. Richard was his sidekick. Ken admits to using a lot of cocaine and just trying to stay awake from the group coming in at all hours of the day and night to work.

Chris drank a lot and partied. We know about John's heavy drinking and of course Stevie. She was not there a lot of the time. She liked to party also.

It would be very frustrating for Lindsey, who wanted to make great music. He probably did come across as cold and mean. I think Stevie has to look at the situation thru his eyes and what he had to deal with. I think they all do.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 05-21-2022, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Dashut had a blog for a while, that he later deleted. then he started posting stories like this on his facebook for a while. i think he's probably not posting anything for a number of years now, i think his health was getting worse, and he was also probably getting tired of crazy online "culture."

this was a part of what he posted at the time - i think it was during 2014-15 FM tour. that was still the time when the whole FM tried to get Stevie to join them on the new album. i remember reading this and thinking - wow she really is resisting this new album and trying to blame it all on Lindsey - i mean she's tying to turn even Richard who knows better against Lindsey?!

but John McVie tidbit and him being drunk and a**hole also specifically towards Richard Dashut is interesting. from all the tidbits it very much sounds like both John McVie and Lindsey were in the category of mean drunks. Glad Lindsey doesn't drink anymore, i'm guessing John is not either.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-21-2022, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
I wonder what Richard (and Stevie) are talking about on the second page: Like what did Lindsey do to them? What a strange story.
My guess is Lindsey said to Stevie that she couldn't write a good song or a hit song without help from other musicians, and that she doesn't give them (him) proper songwriting credit. That's my guess for the worst thing Lindsey may've said to her. If he said it, I wouldn't agree with that.

We also see in the DR documentary that Stevie doesn't seem happy Lindsey wanted to leave the tour rehearsal at night to get home to his family; Stevie likes to work at night since she wakes up at 4:00pm. So his road practices probably got to her too.
Old 05-22-2022, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There’s no question Lindsey has to be tough to work with. It’s hard enough sometimes to listen to his speeches. He has come across in interviews and in the eyes of those around him as controlling, dismissive, and impatient. However, from the very beginning, he was expected to carry a heavier load than all the rest, a thankless load producing songs that made Christine and Stevie celebrated icons. He may have always been a force of nature on stage, but he will never be a draw like the ladies. That had to fuel some resentment.

What’s more, Stevie isn’t a picnic to work with. Just ask any of her solo album producers. Once, when remembering her recording that 1978 duet with Kenny Loggins, she called him a taskmaster and spoke of him rather cooly because he had a vision for how the voices should sound on his song—on his album. She never likes being given direction or criticism.

By many accounts, Christine is a wonderful collaborator, a real team player. But both Welch and Caillat found her sarcastic and unpleasant at times.

So...I guess all of them are hard work. Some far more than others.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 05-23-2022 at 10:02 AM..
Old 05-22-2022, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure Mick is probably the only easy one to work with. John #2. Chris #3.

Stevie and Lindsey are difficult for different reasons.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm sure Mick is probably the only easy one to work with. John #2. Chris #3.

Stevie and Lindsey are difficult for different reasons.
That sounds right, though I suppose it depends on who’s talking about John. If, for instance, you’re Richard D, you might say Chris #2 and John #3. John strikes me as being prone to defensiveness and crankiness.
Old 05-23-2022, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
That sounds right, though I suppose it depends on who’s talking about John. If, for instance, you’re Richard D, you might say Chris #2 and John #3. John strikes me as being prone to defensiveness and crankiness.
Well I've rarely been able to understand what he's saying, so he could be cussing me out, and I might not even know it.
Old 05-23-2022, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Well I've rarely been able to understand what he's saying, so he could be cussing me out, and I might not even know it.
Yeah—he’s a real charmer!