Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-26-2004, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
I'm sorry but I have to say this....I think Christine has always been insanely jealous of Stevie (her beauty & her success).
I think you are talking about yourself, no? Were you jealous of someone in your life? Because making assumptions like these ususally just come from within, (an internal strife). Or simplemindedness as someone put it.

I'm glad Christine was always strong minded enough to "not" take comments like that personally. Because she has had those comments said to her before. And I believe I heard her say once.

"I'm very happy with what I'm doing and I'm good at it, I couldn't do what Stevie does and she does her thing very well, we respect each other's role in the band, and we get on as friends as well."
Old 07-26-2004, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bravo!!!
Old 07-27-2004, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well said, jbrownsjr. I think bikerchic somehow wandered onto the Christine board by mistake. This person obviously knows nothing at all about Christine McVie.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
I think you are talking about yourself, no? Were you jealous of someone in your life? Because making assumptions like these ususally just come from within, (an internal strife). Or simplemindedness as someone put it.
Umm........sounds like you might know something about this.

Last edited by bikerchic; 07-27-2004 at 04:53 PM..
Old 07-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't think people should be attacking bikerchic for her opinion... jealousy is a natural human emotion, and it's natural to assume that one member of a band could have had twinges of jealousy regarding another member who receives more attention/recognition.

IF Christine ever felt moments of jealousy towards Stevie, however, she certainly never let it show in her various interviews over the years... and, according to Stevie herself, she never let it show to Stevie or effect their relationship.

Stevie has often said that Christine was never anything less than kind and generous with her, and that... while they're not frequently in touch... Christine is someone whom Stevie still considers to be one of her best friends.

Two women in a band... even when one of them might receive more attention than the other... doesn't always have to equal cattiness and resentment, and Christine & Stevie are proof of that.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I think she was jealous for ONE SECOND and then got over it.
Amber
I agree. She probably was jealous sometimes, as Frida was about Agnetha, but at the end they were always pals.

I think they became closer friends during the white/Rumours dates. Later Stevie became more independient with their solo career. Besides Chris didn't get along with Stevie's lifestyle during the 80s (too much tours, too much drugs).

And now in the 90s, I guess they are still very good friends, but Chris just wants to stay in England. That's it.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:58 PM

[QUOTE=bikerchic]
Quote:

Umm........sounds like you might know something about this.
BChic, I guess I sounded harsh and didn't really mean to be.

But, yes I read a book called "The Four Agreements" it talks about people that make assumptions about other people with no foundation. I was asking you, not stating that this was the case for you. I made no assumption about you. Further, I did not take your comments personally about me or Christine. (wow i said me and christine in the same sentence ) I was speaking more from wisdom, and what I have learned about people.

Further, since you brought it up, I'm not a real jealous person generally speaking. I have and do suffer from major insecurities at times, but always within myself, not compared to other people. I play piano and get so down on myself so much sometimes, that I never have time to be jealous or anyone else!!! I guess over time it has mellowed some.

Peace to you and I did not wish to sound negative....
Old 07-27-2004, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I don't think people should be attacking bikerchic for her opinion... jealousy is a natural human emotion, and it's natural to assume that one member of a band could have had twinges of jealousy regarding another member who receives more attention/recognition.

IF Christine ever felt moments of jealousy towards Stevie, however, she certainly never let it show in her various interviews over the years... and, according to Stevie herself, she never let it show to Stevie or effect their relationship.

Stevie has often said that Christine was never anything less than kind and generous with her, and that... while they're not frequently in touch... Christine is someone whom Stevie still considers to be one of her best friends.

Two women in a band... even when one of them might receive more attention than the other... doesn't always have to equal cattiness and resentment, and Christine & Stevie are proof of that.
Oh quit with your always trying to reasonable!! Shouldn't your time be spent better over there defending RAL!!! LOL!!! Carne's never around when needed!
Old 07-27-2004, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I don't think people should be attacking bikerchic for her opinion...
Thank you Johnny Stew......I didn't mean what I said to be mean, I was just stating my opinion & I am sorry for offending some of you.

Quote:
Very true!
Old 07-27-2004, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
BChic, I guess I sounded harsh and didn't really mean to be.
And I guess I sounded harsh when I used the word "insanely".....sorry.

Last edited by bikerchic; 07-27-2004 at 05:46 PM..
Old 07-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
true! I was like, "wait...INSANELY jealous? C'mon...Insanely?"
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 07-27-2004, 06:07 PM

Default !

Quote:
It's cool. Now you have to be my friend! That's your punishment! Ha!
Old 07-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
I agree. She probably was jealous sometimes, as Frida was about Agnetha, but at the end they were always pals.
I betcha Stevie was insanely jealous of Christine because Christine's piano-playing skills are so much better!

I joke, of course. But how come this (equally absurd) scenario is never posited by the "Christine-is-jealous" contingent?
Old 07-27-2004, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I betcha Stevie was insanely jealous of Christine because Christine's piano-playing skills are so much better!

I joke, of course. But how come this (equally absurd) scenario is never posited by the "Christine-is-jealous" contingent?
Actually you are right! I have heard Christine talk about how well Stevie was coming along with her piano playing. And I have heard Stevie say how frustrating it could be when you didn't play an instrument.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I think most casual fans come here, ASSuming that we're all Stevie worshippers, expecting confirmation of their very pro Stevie opinions. Little do they expect that Christine is/was the queen of FM (at least in my world).