Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2023, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Thumbs up Feel About you

Chris
You are definitely honey in my tea. This performance is so good but seeing it now that 2 people have passed makes it surreal.
This Buck./McVie stuff is so damn good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b12OPn-lJsQ
Old 01-03-2023, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It reminds me of modern McCartney.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-03-2023, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Chris
You are definitely honey in my tea. This performance is so good but seeing it now that 2 people have passed makes it surreal.
This Buck./McVie stuff is so damn good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b12OPn-lJsQ
i know

feeling so lucky for seeing them live 11 times that year. no regrets then and even less now! it was a great tour.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-04-2023, 12:54 PM

I remember this! Great memories of this time. So glad they did this. I feel complete because of BuckVie.
Old 01-04-2023, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I remember this! Great memories of this time. So glad they did this. I feel complete because of BuckVie.
Same. It really was the perfect swan song, even though it should have been labeled Fleetwood Mac.
Old 01-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Same. It really was the perfect swan song, even though it should have been labeled Fleetwood Mac.
Yes and yes!
Old 01-04-2023, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Sadly those walking on eggshells never ended up working. The band still met her wrath when the big tour was about to begin. Looking back, they should have just called it Fleetwood Mac and dealt with the consequences. What could she do? Fire Lindsey?
Oh wait......she did that anyway.
Old 01-04-2023, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sadly those walking on eggshells never ended up working. The band still met her wrath when the big tour was about to begin. Looking back, they should have just called it Fleetwood Mac and dealt with the consequences. What could she do? Fire Lindsey?
Oh wait......she did that anyway.
I hope her ending...... isn't...... pretty.

There, I said it.
Old 01-04-2023, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sadly those walking on eggshells never ended up working. The band still met her wrath when the big tour was about to begin. Looking back, they should have just called it Fleetwood Mac and dealt with the consequences. What could she do?
She could have quit the band and that album wasn’t the hill Mick and John were willing to die on. Really, Christine, too. After everything those three went through, why wouldn’t they have wanted to end Fleetwood Mac as an arena band?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-05-2023, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
She could have quit the band and that album wasn’t the hill Mick and John were willing to die on. Really, Christine, too. After everything those three went through, why wouldn’t they have wanted to end Fleetwood Mac as an arena band?
Why would you not have wanted for the band to end with a great album. The tour would not have been as successful without her but legacy matters. In 1979 the band could have chosen not to record another album and just kept touring off the Rumours limelight. But they didn't did they. The arena fans are Stevie fans.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Why would you not have wanted for the band to end with a great album. The tour would not have been as successful without her but legacy matters.
Newsflash: Fleetwood Mac’s musical legacy was already etched in stone long before 2017. A new album wasn’t going to change that.

Quote:
In 1979 the band could have chosen not to record another album and just kept touring off the Rumours limelight. But they didn't did they.
In 1996, they could have toured in support of their latest studio album. But they didn’t, did they?

Quote:
The arena fans are Stevie fans.
Which, again, is all the more reason to side with her if you’re Mick and John.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-05-2023, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Newsflash: Fleetwood Mac’s musical legacy was already etched in stone long before 2017. A new album wasn’t going to change that.

In 1996, they could have toured in support of their latest studio album. But they didn’t, did they?

Which, again, is all the more reason to side with her if you’re Mick and John.
There is a way to go out with class on top. When Chris came back after 16 years it was wildly speculated there would be a new album and big world tour. Then Stevie did not want to record and then they still agreed to do a giant world tour.
Everything blew up. Its a horrible ending because of bitterness. You are right, most if not all of their legacy was already established which made the cover band nature of the 2018 tour sadder than sad. It was NOT supposed to be that way. No album, no last tour of these 5.
Old 01-05-2023, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When Chris came back after 16 years it was wildly speculated there would be a new album and big world tour.
There was a new album and there was a big world tour.

Quote:
Its a horrible ending because of bitterness.
Imagine living with the bitterness that plagued them for most of that lineup’s existence.

Quote:
No album, no last tour of these 5.
Would LBCM have been better if Stevie had participated, though? Is there anything lacking that Stevie Nicks circa 2014-16 could have contributed that would have enhanced the album? Or, would it have been another TITN? I suspect the latter.

And, really, we wouldn’t have gotten nearly as many new songs in concert if LBCM had been credited to Fleetwood Mac.

We got three more years of the classic five, we got an album, we got to see Christine in smaller, more intimate venues having the time of her life, and some of us got to see the kind of setlist we’d been hoping for from Fleetwood Mac for decades. As far as endings go, it could have been worse.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-05-2023, 11:57 AM

In retrospect, it's a blessing that BuckVie happened. The silver lining is the ability to see Christine McVie up close and personal for quite a few shows. Now that she has died, I feel so blessed to experience that. Most of the fans are obsessed with the star power and ticket sales/album sales etc.

And BuckVie did respectable on the charts and in the tour. I think if they did another, that package would get even more steam. But hardly the point. The point is, I saw Christine McVie after 1998, live in concert. She did Wish You Were Here, right in front of me and it was sublime.

I don't think Stevie would have helped that album. Especially due to the fact that she didn't want to do it. Her lack of creativity would have dampened the project and concept.
I believe BuckVie's collaborative themes of wanting to carry on...(For different reasons) made it a nice duo package. They already had this amazing chemistry. What a blessing in hindsight!! Thank the Stars that know how it feels, every time they shine.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-05-2023 at 07:40 PM..
Old 01-05-2023, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There was a new album and there was a big world tour.

Imagine living with the bitterness that plagued them for most of that lineup’s existence.

Would LBCM have been better if Stevie had participated, though? Is there anything lacking that Stevie Nicks circa 2014-16 could have contributed that would have enhanced the album? Or, would it have been another TITN? I suspect the latter.

And, really, we wouldn’t have gotten nearly as many new songs in concert if LBCM had been credited to Fleetwood Mac.

We got three more years of the classic five, we got an album, we got to see Christine in smaller, more intimate venues having the time of her life, and some of us got to see the kind of setlist we’d been hoping for from Fleetwood Mac for decades. As far as endings go, it could have been worse.
You are talking about history already knowing it. Was Buck/Vie better without Stevie? Probably. But my point is that when Chris returned there was a spark with Chris and Lindsey wanting to record and doing demos. They shelved their work and went out on the road. Our dreams had come true. We anticipated a new album of the 5 and a tour promoting it.
We have not heard them harmonize on an album since 1982. You cant say Little Lies because we are not sure when Stevie did those vocals. Its just plain dumb. Stevie put up with all that drama but could not wrap her Mac career up in a bow in the end. Her jealousy of them going on without her was so selfish.