User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2022, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Lightbulb Look what I found

I was cleaning out my closet and came across the 1987 and 1990 tour books. I opened up the 1987 one and this photo fell out. I forgot I had taken a few photos. Gosh its really funny. I was wired for sound at this concert. I snuck in a tape recorder and had a basic camera (no zoom). I was a 17. I had waited so long for this moment that I wanted to capture it. My bootleg concert actually turned out pretty good. The photo is a mess taken with a cheap camera. Its just a funny artifact of another time. I was trying to remember what I wore. Since I had a tape recorder I needed something big and bulky. The biggest shirt I had was this tie dye T shirt that I wore with my white washed jeans and my JC Penney white washed denim jacket. It was the late 80s.

Pittsburgh Civic Arena, October 14, 1987 Shake the cage tour
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mac.jpg (60.3 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-30-2022 at 09:26 AM..
Old 12-30-2022, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A tour poster promoting the concert. No special guest announced yet. Love the pic

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/fleetw...5336457828015/
Old 12-30-2022, 12:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I found my Tusk tour book a few months ago. There had been a flood about 18 months ago, and I thought the box it was in was untouched. I was wrong. Half of the pages were glued together. I still couldn't bear to throw it out.
Old 12-30-2022, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I found my Tusk tour book a few months ago. There had been a flood about 18 months ago, and I thought the box it was in was untouched. I was wrong. Half of the pages were glued together. I still couldn't bear to throw it out.
I went on Ebay and the books I have sell around $25.00 average. Mine are pretty mint and there were some asking around $40. IMHO its not worth selling them. A few years ago I went to my parents house and took back with me a bunch of old classic posters from the 70s. All out of print and very rare. I had a Stevie Nicks poster made in England from the Tusk tour. I sold it on Ebay and told the story how I got it. There was a record shop that always had it on their wall. One day in the 80s I asked to buy it and they sold it to me. I did not get much for the posters and I screwed myself because I charged so little for shipping that I ended up with just a few dollars. I went and got these cardboard cannisters to protect them in shipping. Cost me a fortune to ship because I was a seller who cared. I would rather give them to someone who still collects stuff.

Back to the concert: I just remembered another memory. I smoked a joint with a girl in my dad's car in the parking lot of the Civic Arena . I guess I was stoned because when Stevie introduced Rick Vito, I thought she messed up and introduced Billy instead. I think I had the names mixed up or something
Old 12-30-2022, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There used to be a Tango poster at an antique store in West nashville. The owner wanted way too much money for it. I'm thinking it was $100. So I didn't buy it. What's funny though is that it was a Tango poster with Lindsey, but Rick and Billy had signed it, and drawn glasses and a mustache on Lindsey. I have a picture of it somewhere.