Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Whom Do You Prefer Billy or Rick
Billy Burnette 17 42.50%
Rick Vito 23 57.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don´t know. Well, Tango Video is the best mac´s video for me (but probably thanks to Stevie ). Billy is great singer and Rick is great guitarist.....
Old 04-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I don´t know. Well, Tango Video is the best mac´s video for me (but probably thanks to Stevie ). Billy is great singer and Rick is great guitarist.....
I LOOOOOVE the Tango video. I really like when at the beginning of the chain when they start singing and they have that close-up of Stevie. It's GREAT!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 04:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
I LOOOOOVE the Tango video. I really like when at the beginning of the chain when they start singing and they have that close-up of Stevie. It's GREAT!!!
But I miss Rhiannon, Gypsy... there, it would be better with more songs not only Stevie´s... it has only 60 minutes...

These times was best!!! I think Stevie had amazing voice there.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But I miss Rhiannon, Gypsy... there, it would be better with more songs not only Stevie´s... it has only 60 minutes...

True, but we got more TITN songs, which is cool....

I chose Rick obviously because he is 100000x better than Billy.

Seriously though, Rick is such an awesome player.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Absolutely. I love the editing on the Tango video, it's much more than just the usual concert video, it's just so much more creative in how it's all put together. The only problem is that Lindsey wasn't there.... Oh I miss the hotness

I think the comment that Rick is a good guitarist and Billy is a good singer is quite accurate
Old 02-14-2022, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Quote:

Weird that a concert lasts 60 minutes. Sure they excluded several songs in the video.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted for Rick, because he's more talented, but it was really a toss up. I'm one of the few that really likes Billy's voice. I think he's got a "sweet" voice, like Christine, and blends perfektly with her.

But Rick sings well, and is a bad ass on guitar, so based on that, he won my vote(with all due respect to Billy).
Old 02-15-2022, 03:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've just voted for Billy. I didn't really like BTM but given the choice, I think I'd prefer Billy's material on that record a bit more. It's more pop oriented and fits in slightly more with the FM style. I think Time is a slightly better album and Billy largely carries that record.

For me, I've never shaken the belief Rick is a great session player, whereas Billy should have been a bigger star.

Love Shines and Heart of Stone seal it for me. Those tracks supposedly do not feature Rick. Had that line up continued as a foursome I'd feel confident I'd have liked their output.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-15-2022, 03:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ps... Its funny reading through all these old posts of people praising the Tango video. I'm one of those people who find it absolutely dreadful... the camera doesn't dwell on anything for more than 2 seconds before it segues into a different shot....throughout the entire concert. Stop messing with my head!!!!!!

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-15-2022, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Neither one is a great singer. Rick is a better guitarist but because I have seen Billy work with Mick with the Zoo and with Christine and Stevie solo work, I am partial to Billy because he is the "comfort" player.

It is funny how the older posts praise the Tango video concert. We discussed that recently on another thread. Its just a cut/paste, and snipped together concert scenes video rather than a live concert. The lip syncing, the posing for cameras, and the edited in concert crowds is just too much for me. Its a time capsule why the 80s music sucked so bad.
Old 02-15-2022, 06:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I voted for Rick, because he's more talented, but it was really a toss up. I'm one of the few that really likes Billy's voice. I think he's got a "sweet" voice, like Christine, and blends perfektly with her.

But Rick sings well, and is a bad ass on guitar, so based on that, he won my vote(with all due respect to Billy).
I almost wrote the same thing, word for word! The only difference was, I voted for Billy. I finally went with Billy based on the preponderance of material on BTM- In the Back of My Mind, When It Comes to Love, and the beautiful duet with Christine Do You Know. I also LOVE Game of Love, the demo that didn’t make it on the album. Rick’s guitar work is absolutely amazing, and I also love the way he handles himself on stage. Fleetwood Mac was fortunate to have them both.
Old 02-15-2022, 06:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Ps... Its funny reading through all these old posts of people praising the Tango video. I'm one of those people who find it absolutely dreadful... the camera doesn't dwell on anything for more than 2 seconds before it segues into a different shot....throughout the entire concert. Stop messing with my head!!!!!!
Its a video rather than a concert. So much of it is lip synced and only the far, far away shots are actual concert footage. There is live concert footage edited in but you can see they performed without an audience and shot their close ups and then edited in the crowd clapping. Its horrible.
At least Red Rocks is so bad its funny good. Tango is just annoying as s**t.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-15-2022 at 06:29 AM..
Old 02-15-2022, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I've just voted for Billy. I didn't really like BTM but given the choice, I think I'd prefer Billy's material on that record a bit more. It's more pop oriented and fits in slightly more with the FM style. I think Time is a slightly better album and Billy largely carries that record.

For me, I've never shaken the belief Rick is a great session player, whereas Billy should have been a bigger star.

Love Shines and Heart of Stone seal it for me. Those tracks supposedly do not feature Rick. Had that line up continued as a foursome I'd feel confident I'd have liked their output.
Well, let's face the facts....inside or outside of FM, NEITHER one of them ever "made it big" as anything but a sideman. Billy has quite a few solo albums, but I don't know if he ever had even a minor hit.

He regularly posts on FB, and almost NOBODY even likes his posts. It makes me feel sorry for him. He posts Tango pics of him and $tevie(and occasionally Christine) and even then, maybe 10 people care.
Old 02-17-2022, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Rick did some great guitar work live and some on BTM, especially on Save Me and the end of Freedom. I agree that Billy blended well with Christine and at least one gem in Do You Know came through on the album. I felt though writing wise and singing Rick was there more to prop up Stevie and give her some fiery (Love is Dangerous- succeeds) and sentimental (The Second Time- fails) and his time alone was fairly bland. I also give Billy some kudos for the risks he took with In the Back of My Mind, which I used to turn up loud and loved to listen to. Rick and Stevie's best work came a couple years later in the smoking hot Desiree. As for Time though, Billy was fairly generic and nothing particularly memorable. I haven't paid much attention to Rick since the solo album.
Old 02-17-2022, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
Rick did some great guitar work live and some on BTM, especially on Save Me and the end of Freedom. I agree that Billy blended well with Christine and at least one gem in Do You Know came through on the album. I felt though writing wise and singing Rick was there more to prop up Stevie and give her some fiery (Love is Dangerous- succeeds) and sentimental (The Second Time- fails) and his time alone was fairly bland. I also give Billy some kudos for the risks he took with In the Back of My Mind, which I used to turn up loud and loved to listen to. Rick and Stevie's best work came a couple years later in the smoking hot Desiree. As for Time though, Billy was fairly generic and nothing particularly memorable. I haven't paid much attention to Rick since the solo album.

I agree with all of you points as it relates to Billy and Ricks contributions to Fleetwood Mac. I have all Billy’s and Rick’s solo releases….I like most of Billy’s but every one of Rick’s are amazing. I wish they would have just had Billy and Rick do the last MAC tour. It would have at least made some sense for “the legacy”