Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
. Just bought a house
What does she mean, she s having to watch the pennies..???
Christine is worth 65 million, for goodness sake.
My MOST pathetic moment in my 40+ years of Christine worship.

She ain't no better than anyone...
Old 07-16-2021, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
OK, here you go, I've put them all in this folder in my Flickr account - this should work!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisn...57719547457458
thanks for posting!
Old 07-16-2021, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

enjoying Lindsey finally being frank and spilling some tea in interviews, the way he's been with fans at meet & greets and such for years now. i missed this unfiltered Lindsey in his muzzled and band-appeasing interviews, including that bs they were spilling in interviews at the time about how BuckVie was always gonna be a duet album.

at least, even though he apparently still wants to get together with that dysfunctional family of lousy humans, at least he's not trying to hold back and appease anyone (well, he is somewhat appeasing Mick). telling it like it is.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-16-2021, 11:36 PM
Ledgie

I think this album is gonna be top notch, and interviews like this make me believe that the music industry knows it as well. Really enjoy listening/reading Lindsey being straight and telling us the truth. Should be fun seeing them on tour.
Old 07-17-2021, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
enjoying Lindsey finally being frank and spilling some tea in interviews, the way he's been with fans at meet & greets and such for years now. i missed this unfiltered Lindsey in his muzzled and band-appeasing interviews, including that bs they were spilling in interviews at the time about how BuckVie was always gonna be a duet album.

at least, even though he apparently still wants to get together with that dysfunctional family of lousy humans, at least he's not trying to hold back and appease anyone (well, he is somewhat appeasing Mick). telling it like it is.
Why tf would he want to get back with these LOSERS? It's degrading. Humiliating. Just plain sick.
Old 07-17-2021, 04:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
thanks for posting!
My pleasure! It's great to hear Lindsey really speaking openly, particularly about how Stevie's ego has distorted the band from being an even faintly creative entity into purely a cash-grab machine. We all knew it, of course, but it's a relief to hear him say it at last.

I really can't wait for his album.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:01 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

Agreed - these answers make much more sense. The "logic" behind Stevie's move against him is exactly what I thought had happened, too. Stevie Nicks in capital letters...

Sad to see the state of things between LB and John, but I'm not sure we should have expected anything else. They butted heads a bit when he and Stevie first joined, and I don't ever remember hearing about a honeymoon period thereafter. (Still, I'll never forget about LB sticking up for him when John got cancer and the rest of them wanted to keep touring).

The Christine stuff is just heartbreaking. That being said, I think the mutual admiration between them is real, and I'm holding out hope for some kind of fence mending.
Old 07-17-2021, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
(Still, I'll never forget about LB sticking up for him when John got cancer and the rest of them wanted to keep touring).
It's quite hard to swallow that Mick and Stevie would've thought to tour without John.

Lindsey is loyal. He cancelled his UK Tour rather than get a replacement for Neal. And in 2018, he didn't get another guitar player. Neal is his bandmate.

This article is really sad. Stevie acts like Don Angelo Bruno.
Old 07-17-2021, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
My pleasure! It's great to hear Lindsey really speaking openly, particularly about how Stevie's ego has distorted the band from being an even faintly creative entity into purely a cash-grab machine. We all knew it, of course, but it's a relief to hear him say it at last.

I really can't wait for his album.
agreed and thanks for sharing!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-17-2021, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Agreed - these answers make much more sense. The "logic" behind Stevie's move against him is exactly what I thought had happened, too. Stevie Nicks in capital letters...

Sad to see the state of things between LB and John, but I'm not sure we should have expected anything else. They butted heads a bit when he and Stevie first joined, and I don't ever remember hearing about a honeymoon period thereafter. (Still, I'll never forget about LB sticking up for him when John got cancer and the rest of them wanted to keep touring).

The Christine stuff is just heartbreaking. That being said, I think the mutual admiration between them is real, and I'm holding out hope for some kind of fence mending.
when you read the interview, and also from what Lindsey was telling fans at m&gs back in 2018, he had no hard feelings towards Christine, John or Mick. he considered them weak, and primarily looking after their own best interests. obviously he knows these people are lousy humans and accepts them as such. he says in this interview, especially about John and Christine, that they got caught in the middle, where they didn't want to be.

Mick was the one doing Stevie's dirty work in interviews shoveling garbage all over LB during that sad mac cover tour. yes he and LB are all lovey-dovey these days.

the only person LB blamed for the whole situation was Stevie, and he is still saying the same now. Stevie waited to have enough clout to pull the power play on the rest of them, and once she got there, that's exactly what she did. i'm glad he has no problem telling it like it is now.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Really enjoyed the interview and the honesty. Love that Lindsey went there with his true feelings. Stevie used to say how she would stand down or play it cool during Fleetwood Mac concerts as to not want to be the star. I was floored how Lindsey describes Stevie's jealousy at Lindsey's standing ovation during I'm So Afraid. Good grief, she was not even on the stage which some could say is disrespectful. Lindsey also points out what some dont want to accept in this forum is how profitable Stevie is. Her 24K Gold Tour was insanely profitable selling out huge arenas and extended 3 times. Clearly her success made her an ego-maniac. Lindsey did not say this part but it is my belief. Stevie went on with the Mac with Lindsey. When Christine came back suddenly the limelight was on Chris. This opened the wound for her to pay attention to Lindsey and it drove her insane.
One last note. If you saw Lindsey in concert you can see it in his face that he is telling the truth that he prefers to play in front of 2,000 people instead of 20,000. Also, shame on Christine for her horrible conduct and lame excuse (I just bought a house).
Old 07-17-2021, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Really enjoyed the interview and the honesty. Love that Lindsey went there with his true feelings. Stevie used to say how she would stand down or play it cool during Fleetwood Mac concerts as to not want to be the star. I was floored how Lindsey describes Stevie's jealousy at Lindsey's standing ovation during I'm So Afraid. Good grief, she was not even on the stage which some could say is disrespectful. Lindsey also points out what some dont want to accept in this forum is how profitable Stevie is. Her 24K Gold Tour was insanely profitable selling out huge arenas and extended 3 times. Clearly her success made her an ego-maniac. Lindsey did not say this part but it is my belief. Stevie went on with the Mac with Lindsey. When Christine came back suddenly the limelight was on Chris. This opened the wound for her to pay attention to Lindsey and it drove her insane.
One last note. If you saw Lindsey in concert you can see it in his face that he is telling the truth that he prefers to play in front of 2,000 people instead of 20,000. Also, shame on Christine for her horrible conduct and lame excuse (I just bought a house).
This. This. This.

All of this.

$tevie has become a horrible person. A complete egomaniac.

And Christine isn't much better. A terrible person to have as a friend. She'd throw you under the bus for a nickel.
Old 07-17-2021, 09:37 PM
Senior Ledgie

I have mixed feelings about this interview. On the one hand, Im glad that Lindsey is telling it like it is. But on the other hand, I think it has to be said that if he really wants closure and to end things on a good note with FM, talking about how Stevie was jealous of his spotlight in concert isnt going to do it. (It feels salty in the same way his post-lawsuit press statements about how Stevie was jealous that he had a family and all she has is her career werent exactly mending fences).

I dont think he and john were ever close. It seems like Mick is really the linchpin who kept everyone connected but they dont have all that much genuine connection to each other than via Mick. As for Christine. Shes weak and we knew that. With Mick as the hub of the band, the McVies could either stay on the ride with Stevie, Neil and Mike or not be in FM. I think that Stevie could always tour solo, and they knew from the Eagles that a band without Lindsey would sell well anyway. So while it is gross and disappointing, honestly its not a surprise. They trashed Lindsey in the media during the BTM press too, so its not even the first time. Honestly, I doubt anyone in the band besides Mick actually *likes* Lindsey as a person, and over the years Lindsey hasnt made it easy (though he deserved far better than hes gotten).

Im not saying Lindsey owes anyone in that band anything. Id just as soon he tell all the tales and share what awful people they are. Then again, I dont want the band to reunite and will never believe anything they do as a group is genuine except for their genuine desire to make money off of fans. But if his goal is reconciliation, sometimes he would he advised to hold his fire.
Old 07-17-2021, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default On the Wrong Album

Quote:
the infectious, propulsive pop of On the Wrong Side
"Infectious and propulsive pop" is not at all how I would describe the On the Wrong Side we know from the With Honors soundtrack. Must be a sped-up, reimagined approach to the same lyrics, or a completely new song altogether.

I'm impressed that the tracks were also mastered by Lindsey. I am yet to tire of I Don't Mind. Too bad the mastering of the Say You Will album wasn't left to Lindsey.
Old 07-18-2021, 02:22 AM
Ledgie

I liked that Lindsey said these things out loud, finally. Because if he wants to get back into Fleetwood Mac (and he does) then he has limited options. I dont think catering to Stevies fantasy gaze or cowering to her power is going to work. I think Lindsey genuinely thinks that his last chance is to just be honest and hope Stevie hears what he says and accepts it. Yes, she is hard headed, to say the least. But you cant blame him for wanting something enough for his legacy to let himself believe that maaaaybe he can still reach her with the truth. He wasnt exactly mean in his comments. He was just honest. Stevie needs a reality check. Lindseys approach could work, fail, completely backfire or even worse. Who knows?

And it is such a relief to hear Lindsey acknowledge that albums dont sell like they used to but that this is no reason to stop making art. Thats beautiful. He mentioned that he cut 2 songs this year (as of the time of the interview) so this tells me we are getting more Lindsey Buckingham music after the upcoming album.