User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-01-2022, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yeah, but the frog in her throat on the Tusk doc is now an army of frogs. Why? I don't wanna know.
But that’s the thing. She can still sound great in a studio setting with as many takes as she needs, and with the help of whatever gadgetry aids her. I’m not a fan of using machines to smooth out vocals (or faces for that matter) but in Christine’s case the process works wonders. Her voice on BuckVie sounded warm and sweet. Like the Christine of yore.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 04-01-2022 at 07:21 PM..
Old 04-01-2022, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
But that’s the thing. She can still sound great in a studio setting with as many takes as she needs, and with the help of whatever gadgetry aids her. I’m not a fan of using machines to smooth out vocals (or faces for that matter) but in Christine’s case the process works wonders. Her voice on BuckVie sounded warm and sweet. Like the Christine of yore.
Agreed. It's a little heartbreaking to know that she can't do it live, though. Which is why I'd rather have a BuckVie II at this point, than another tour...

Okay, I'm lying. I want BOTH!
Old 04-01-2022, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Thinking about it though, how would that work…does her old material with Fmac belong to her. I don’t mean the written song, I mean the Mac recording???…say Songbird, the Rumours version.
Would she now be able to use Fmac recordings …..and have them enhanced , I don’t think she would.
So……..maybe it will be new recordings of her voice…maybe.
You should probably axe $tevie how that worked out for her, when $he wanted Silver Springs. Old Mick shot her down like a pair of Biddy's dirty granny panties.

Before he realized he could sell them for a nickel...
Old 04-02-2022, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Thinking about it though, how would that work…does her old material with Fmac belong to her. I don’t mean the written song, I mean the Mac recording???…say Songbird, the Rumours version.
Would she now be able to use Fmac recordings …..and have them enhanced , I don’t think she would.
So……..maybe it will be new recordings of her voice…maybe.
That’s why one of the possibilities I’m expecting is purely instrumental re-recordings, without any vocals…

Honestly, I do still think Christine can sing these songs in a studio (lots of takes, some studio machinery), but if she had I believe she would be discussing the experience of singing those songs anew.
Old 04-02-2022, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
agree! so i think for a number of reasons (including the fact she may not own right to original recordings anymore), this will have new vocals. which like you said, they were warm and nice on BuckVie.l

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-02-2022, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Agreed. It's a little heartbreaking to know that she can't do it live, though. Which is why I'd rather have a BuckVie II at this point, than another tour...

Okay, I'm lying. I want BOTH!
same - i would be happy with another BuckVie, and also with a solo Christine tour, and with both.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-02-2022, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Seriously, that's why I'm not that excited. I don't think this is going to be much.
i love you to the moon and back, you know i do, so much! but what is with this oh so negative attitude towards Christine's new endeavor all of the sudden?

you were grateful she's out there still and even went to Fakewood tour only to see her while you still could. you watched that monstrosity of a tour just to get to see her and meet her.

but now you have no interest whatsoever in her possible solo tour, and it's 4 years later and she's even older and you'll have even less possibilities to see her?

just trying to understand your logic here. we can't have all or nothing, so why not take the best we can get?? why poopoo it?

Old 04-02-2022, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i love you to the moon and back, you know i do, so much! but what is with this oh so negative attitude towards Christine's new endeavor all of the sudden?

you were grateful she's out there still and even went to Fakewood tour only to see her while you still could. you watched that monstrosity of a tour just to get to see her and meet her.

but now you have no interest whatsoever in her possible solo tour, and it's 4 years later and she's even older and you'll have even less possibilities to see her?

just trying to understand your logic here. we can't have all or nothing, so why not take the best we can get?? why poopoo it?
I'm trying to jinx this having original vocals. lol

You know I'm exccited, just keeping it in check so I don't get disappointed. Love you, too!!
Old 04-02-2022, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You know I'm exccited, just keeping it in check so I don't get disappointed. Love you, too!!
Yes, elle, John and I are trying very hard to minimize our expectations. For us, this means talking trash about this upcoming Christine project until we know for certain that the vocals are new. If they aren’t, we can console ourselves with “Well, we knew this would be the case…”

In other words, we’re protecting ourselves!
Old 04-02-2022, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You know I'm excited, just keeping it in check so I don't get disappointed. Love you, too!!
Quote:
Yes, elle, John and I are trying very hard to minimize our expectations. For us, this means talking trash about this upcoming Christine project until we know for certain that the vocals are new. If they aren’t, we can console ourselves with “Well, we knew this would be the case…”

oh ok, i get that.

Old 04-03-2022, 06:09 PM

Quote:

There's comfort in melancholy.
Old 04-04-2022, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's comfort in melancholy.
We’d do it all over again…
Old 04-04-2022, 08:48 AM

Quote:
We’d do it all over again…
This time without drugs and not in bare feet all the time.
Old 04-05-2022, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This time without drugs and not in bare feet all the time.
No questions asked
Old 04-06-2022, 07:30 AM

Quote:
No questions asked
Now I know I can't lose.