The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2020, 09:13 PM

I imagine she and Mick having some time together, going through ALL the albums, spending the day together. And I could see them saying, "Oh wow, that's really apropos to what we are about to do." (All Over Again)

I honestly feel like she and Mick talked in Italy about the forthcoming axe.
How could they not? They both really had grown so tired of Lindsey.

Christine wasn't there for 15 years. She and Lindsey were in reunion mode. They aren't going to include her on that information. Especially, while she's touring with Lindsey.
Old 05-14-2020, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I honestly feel like she and Mick talked in Italy about the forthcoming axe.
How could they not? They both really had grown so tired of Lindsey.
The RS interview was dated Aug. 28, about a month after the Classic shows...

While I have zero doubt that Lindsey was firmly on their sh*tlist, Tom Petty was still alive and the tense November tour negotiations hadn’t yet happened. I don’t know if they had planned on firing him them, per se, but I imagine they were planning on reining in Lindsey’s role as musical director and asserting themselves in terms of setlists.

Neil Finn was already on Mick’s radar by then, so maybe. It’s ironic that they connected sometime around the last OWTS shows.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-15-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The RS interview was dated Aug. 28, about a month after the Classic shows...

While I have zero doubt that Lindsey was firmly on their sh*tlist, Tom Petty was still alive and the tense November tour negotiations hadn’t yet happened. I don’t know if they had planned on firing him them, per se, but I imagine they were planning on reining in Lindsey’s role as musical director and asserting themselves in terms of setlists.

Neil Finn was already on Mick’s radar by then, so maybe. It’s ironic that they connected sometime around the last OWTS shows.
Yes, I was sort of joking about the foreshadowing.

But, in a way I think this was the birth of... "wouldn't it be great if we could have some freedom from LB running the band. Listen to all of these great songs we could be playing... What if, Mick? What if?? " In my head, something like that happens.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-15-2020 at 11:22 AM..
Old 05-15-2020, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Yes, I was sort of joking about the foreshadowing.

But, in a way I think this was the birth of... "wouldn't it be great if we could have some freedom from LB running the band. Listen to all of these great songs we could be playing... What if, Mick? What if?? " In my head, something like that happens.
I mostly agree, although I don’t think it even got to “what if,” given he spent a lot of that summer promoting his coffee table book on the 67-74 versions of the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-15-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I mostly agree, although I don’t think it even got to “what if,” given he spent a lot of that summer promoting his coffee table book on the 67-74 versions of the band.
Maybe.. maybe not.. but I was saying that either one of them could have said in Italy. "Is there a way way we could continue without Linsdey?" But that of course is pure speculation on my part. in my mind, that final decision had to be brewing a while. Even if the pieces fell into place later on.
Old 05-18-2020, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lots of supposition! I think “All Over Again” was Christine’s own offering for the tour. I bet she relistened to Time around that point as she was reconnecting with her own musical legacy. I bet it was her idea, too, to perform “Get Like You Used to Be” in Hawaii before she rejoined. The music bug bit her again and she sifted through all her old material. Musically speaking, she’s been in a great mental space because she enjoyed writing new stuff for Fleetwood Mac or Buckingham McVie and pulling stuff out of mothballs for performance (like “Wish You Were Here”).

If Christine goes back on the road with Fleetwood or Lindsey, I bet we could hear “Sooner or Later” or “Prove Your Love” or whatever. Despite her deterioration or whatever you’d call it, she is afire again with music!

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-18-2020, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s not surprising to me that they would do this song. They did DLMDA after Lindsey left in 1987. There’s a point to it and I think that it is a song Stevie would choose. To tell you the truth, Christine doesn’t seem that interested in certain songs she’s written, no matter how good they are. She promotes this song when it first comes out and then she seemingly forgets about it.

Believe me, if I went up to Stevie and Christine snd said “Hollywood some other kind of town,” I would get the same blank stares from both of them. Equally blank. I don’t think Christine has amnesia. I think she remembers this song if she wants to. She’s just not that interested.

Last edited by michelej1; 05-19-2020 at 09:37 PM..
Old 05-19-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It’s not surprising to me that they would do this song. They did DLMDA after Lindsey left in 1987. There’s a point to it and I think that it is a song Stevie would choose. To tell you the truth, Christine doesn’t seem that interested in certain songs she’s written, no matter how good they are. She promotes this song when it first comes out and then she seemingly forgets about it.

Believe me, if I went up to Stevie and Christine snd said “Hollywood some other kind of town,” I would get the same bank stares from both of them. Equally blank. I don’t think Christine has amnesia. I think she remembers this song if she wants to. She’s just not that interested.
Haha!! You could walk up to Stevie and go, "Freedom!!!" and Christine wouldn't go ahhaaaaaaaaaaaa... " I'm sure of it.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
You could walk up to Stevie and say “I don’t want to know” and she’d try to look like she really didn’t know. But she does.
She would say, "I knew prince way better than anyone!! So shut up, Michele!!"
Old 05-19-2020, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You could walk up to Stevie and say “I don’t want to know” and she’d try to look like she really didn’t know. But she does.

Lindsey was going through this thing where he was trying to do a rare Tusk song for each tour. So, he went through Storms and Beautiful Child. If they’d stayed together he would have gotten Chris to do her mothballed stuff. My choice would be Honey Hi, with Mick coming down to the floor with them for drums.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m convinced performing “All Over Again” was Stevie’s idea. As loopy and narcissistic as she is, choosing this tune from an album without Lindsey’s participation was a very calculated move. And it paid off. From what I saw on YouTube clips (I refused to see this incarnation live in person) the song was a wise choice. They both sounded good and it was an ideal “first” for them: a Christine and Stevie duet. That novelty was highlighted as a way of telling the world they didn’t need Lindsey to do exciting things on stage. I believe they were largely wrong in that assumption, but AOA really did work.

And no: I don’t think Chris really thought about the song after she’d recorded its.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I’m convinced performing “All Over Again” was Stevie’s idea. As loopy and narcissistic as she is, choosing this tune from an album without Lindsey’s participation was a very calculated move. And it paid off. From what I saw on YouTube clips (I refused to see this incarnation live in person) the song was a wise choice. They both sounded good and it was an ideal “first” for them: a Christine and Stevie duet. That novelty was highlighted as a way of telling the world they didn’t need Lindsey to do exciting things on stage. I believe they were largely wrong in that assumption, but AOA really did work.

And no: I don’t think Chris really thought about the song after she’d recorded its.
I agree with you. It’s exactly like DLMDA. Message to LB. If Stevie did not know AOA herself, she asked Mick for a suitable song suggestion and he gave that one to her, because he certainly knew it.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I am with you on this 100%. She is a froot loop but there's too much obvious calculation in this for your post to not be true.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I agree also. Queen of the passive aggressive narcissists guided the knife carefully.
Old 05-20-2020, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree also. Queen of the passive aggressive narcissists guided the knife carefully.
What did you call me????