Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wish list for Behind the Mask Deluxe Edition

It seems unlikely a Deluxe Edition of Behind the Mask will be released, but if it is, here is what I would love to see on it:

Disc 1- the 13 original tracks remastered, along with the cd+g graphics that came with the original release.

Disc 2- other songs recorded by this lineup, such as As Long As You Follow, No Questions Asked, Paper Doll, Heart of Stone, and Love Shines; plus unreleased songs such as Game of Love, Victim of Love, and others I am unaware of; and outtakes or alternate takes.

Disc 3- audio of the 1987 Tango in the Night concert, along with select tracks from the 1990 Behind the Mask tour.

Disc 4- DVD of the 1987 Tango in the Night concert, along with select tracks from the 1990 Behind the Mask tour; and videos for As Long As You Follow, Save Me, Skies the Limit, In the Back of My Mind, Paper Doll, and Love Shines.

Disc 5- DVD Audio of the original album.

What is your wish list for this album?
Old 03-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Its a pipe dream and will never happen but I am a dreamer

I am sure there are lost tracks that none of us have heard. I want to hear all the demos. I want to isolate Lindsey's playing on BTM and hear it. I bet there are different versions of the song too.
I prefer to have the entire 1990 tour with outtakes from 1987. I think the band was more comfortable then and sounded better IMHO.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I prefer to have the entire 1990 tour with outtakes from 1987. I think the band was more comfortable then and sounded better IMHO.
I agree with that, but I don't think there's much footage out there from the BTM tour. I do remember folks here saying the concert clips seen in the Skies the Limit video were filmed after a FM concert in 1990 (I think at Red Rocks), so it's possible some or the entire concert was filmed then as well.

I'd love to see either one, or both concerts released.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I agree with that, but I don't think there's much footage out there from the BTM tour. I do remember folks here saying the concert clips seen in the Skies the Limit video were filmed after a FM concert in 1990 (I think at Red Rocks), so it's possible some or the entire concert was filmed then as well.

I'd love to see either one, or both concerts released.
If you scroll back on this thread I posted some excellent 1990 concerts in Gainsville and Miami. The Gainsville show was the first stop of the "Farewell tour" after Christine's father's funeral. The BTM tour was postponed early July 1990 and resumed in the fall dubbed the "Farewell Tour". I really liked the set list and Landslide returning after a decade out of the set. I think the 1990 tour has the best live versions of Stand Back ever. Stevie really turned on the attitude I have a VHS copy of the Allentown, PA concert where a fan runs on stage and almost tackles Stevie during the beginning of Stand Back. She just shrugs her shoulders and never misses a beat.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-02-2018 at 09:37 PM..
Old 03-04-2018, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have an AMAZINGV 1990 Rhiannon Sound Board recording somewhere. She sounds like she did in late 70s and hots many of the high notes and goes for the high ending notes. It also has the guitar solo. It’s way better than the Dance version and anything since.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
I have an AMAZINGV 1990 Rhiannon Sound Board recording somewhere. She sounds like she did in late 70s and hots many of the high notes and goes for the high ending notes. It also has the guitar solo. It’s way better than the Dance version and anything since.
One thing Stevie did in 1990 during Rhiannon was go sit on the side of the stage during the guitar solo. It was vintage and something she did in the 1970's and has never done since.
I knew someone that saw the Mac in 1979 and Stevie sitting on the side of the stage freaked them out and said "her brains are fried."
Old 09-24-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
It seems unlikely a Deluxe Edition of Behind the Mask will be released, but if it is, here is what I would love to see on it:

Disc 1- the 13 original tracks remastered, along with the cd+g graphics that came with the original release.

Disc 2- other songs recorded by this lineup, such as As Long As You Follow, No Questions Asked, Paper Doll, Heart of Stone, and Love Shines; plus unreleased songs such as Game of Love, Victim of Love, and others I am unaware of; and outtakes or alternate takes.

Disc 3- audio of the 1987 Tango in the Night concert, along with select tracks from the 1990 Behind the Mask tour.

Disc 4- DVD of the 1987 Tango in the Night concert, along with select tracks from the 1990 Behind the Mask tour; and videos for As Long As You Follow, Save Me, Skies the Limit, In the Back of My Mind, Paper Doll, and Love Shines.

Disc 5- DVD Audio of the original album.

What is your wish list for this album?
I loved this tour. And I didn't mind this album like a lot of people do. I put it in and let it go. I can't stand Second Time. But, I'm ok with everything else.

A long time ago, ChiliD had sent me all the unreleased tracks. I wonder if I can find them. 4 Computers ago.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I loved this tour. And I didn't mind this album like a lot of people do. I put it in and let it go. I can't stand Second Time. But, I'm ok with everything else.

A long time ago, ChiliD had sent me all the unreleased tracks. I wonder if I can find them. 4 Computers ago.
Try this: http://www.mediafire.com/file/r7z32o...emaskdemos.zip
Old 09-24-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
You have saved me so much time!!
Old 09-24-2018, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Victim of Love, Got No Home, and Game of Love were great. How they picked “Stand on the Rocks” over “Intuition” is something that is still curious to me.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-24-2018, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember RUSHING out to get the concert video of that tour when it was released. I could barely get through it when they started the non stop cringe inducing close ups of Stevie. I had to turn it off and never watched it again. BTW I was a MAJOR SN fan at that time.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I would be very happy with a 3 disc set:

Disc 1: The original album remastered.
Disc 2: An album of alternate versions, ala the Tusk and Mirage releases.
Disc 3: Unreleased tracks and any other alternate takes.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It seems unlikely a Deluxe Edition of Behind the Mask will be released
Now that Lindsey is not in the band, probably Mick is thinking in this idea. I would be glad to get some new material from those sessions. But yes I agree it still seems unlikely, since the album was not enough succesful.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I take back this thread, because I still think it's unfair we don't have a deluxe edition of this album. At least a release of two discs is a good deal!! And of course I'm saying the minor release we could see...

- Original album

- Disc with demos, outtakes and B-sides, so finally Lizard People could be released on CD and vinyl formats...

- DVD with tour AND musical videos, OR a third disc with live versions and the songs from this era (ALAYF, Paper Doll, Another Woman, No Questions Asked)

PLEASE!!!!!
Old 05-03-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
I take back this thread, because I still think it's unfair we don't have a deluxe edition of this album. At least a release of two discs is a good deal!! And of course I'm saying the minor release we could see...

- Original album

- Disc with demos, outtakes and B-sides, so finally Lizard People could be released on CD and vinyl formats...

- DVD with tour AND musical videos, OR a third disc with live versions and the songs from this era (ALAYF, Paper Doll, Another Woman, No Questions Asked)

PLEASE!!!!!
There is a lot of great music in this era.