User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2021, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine talked a little bit about Tango and how they put things together back then. (During the BuckVie interviews).
So she was right about being upset when Lindsey said (in 1987):
"I've done it all arranged, produced, played guitar, sang. I just can't . . . hack it . . . and do it all anymore."
Old 06-04-2021, 08:05 PM

I love all those songs, too. They are such good tunes. I don't even like Kenny Loggins that much, but those two sang so well together. And it's a great song. Magnet and Steel was played over and over again. And it was fantastic.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love all those songs, too. They are such good tunes. I don't even like Kenny Loggins that much, but those two sang so well together. And it's a great song. Magnet and Steel was played over and over again. And it was fantastic.
It's too bad he was just a one hit wonder....(wasn't he?).

He ended up a substitute school teacher, and a model on billboards for getting new hips in Nashville(maybe 5 years ago).
Old 06-04-2021, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
when Lindsey said (in 1987):
"I've done it all arranged, produced, played guitar, sang. I just can't . . . hack it . . . and do it all anymore."
That's a heavy cross to bear, when you're a complete control freak!!
Old 06-04-2021, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's too bad he was just a one hit wonder....(wasn't he?).

He ended up a substitute school teacher, and a model on billboards for getting new hips in Nashville(maybe 5 years ago).
Hot Summer Nights also made the top 40 and I believe it was an even bigger hit in a discofied version when another band covered it.

Old 06-04-2021, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Hot Summer Nights also made the top 40 and I believe it was an even bigger hit in a discofied version when another band covered it.
Thank you. Magnet was all I remember from back then.
Old 06-05-2021, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's a heavy cross to bear, when you're a complete control freak!!
He wasn't doing it all. He was indeed doing the most I'm sure. But Richard and Christine did a lot, too. I think when he says that it's aimed at (rhymes with boat).
Old 06-05-2021, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He wasn't doing it all. I think when he says that it's aimed at (rhymes with boat).
Do It All is not the same as Do Everything either.

He does it all... sing, write, play, arrange, engineer

Chris may've been upset with Lindsey then but she certainly let him "have his way" with her songs for the BuckVie album.
Old 06-05-2021, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

He did say that he and LB loosely keep in touch and they do usually go out for dinner or something when LB is in town. He commented that once they got stratospherically famous it just changed everything and it's its own world, and you can, at best, just pop into it every once in a while. My sense when he was saying this was the machinery that surrounds them (LB's "Big Machine") takes over, and for some people, the ego stuff too.
Thank you for the summary. I did not want to listen to the entire interview.

Do you know what? When someone you have known since you were 17 and worked with for 50 years nearly dies and you dont put aside your differences and call them on the telephone at the very least, then you are not still nice deep down inside. You can plunge the depths all you want. At this point in time its as shallow inside as it is on the surface.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Putting this fine gem from Stevie in 2017 here. Such brilliant, eloquent and intellectual answers she gave:
Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are about to release an album as a duo. It seems like it started as a Fleetwood Mac album, but you chose not to participate.
Ive been on the road [solo] since last September, so I dont understand their premise. Christine was gone [from Fleetwood Mac] for 16 years and came back, did a massive tour, and then its like, Now Im just gonna go back to London and sit in my castle for two years? She wanted to keep working. I will be back with them at the end of the year for, I think, another tour. I just needed my two years off. Until then, I wish them the best in whatever they do.

Do you want to make a new record with them?
I dont think well do another record. If the music business were different, I might feel different. I dont think theres any reason to spend a year and an amazing amount of money on a record that, even if it has great things, isnt going to sell. What we do is go on the road, do a ton of shows and make lots of money. We have a lot of fun. Making a record isnt all that much fun.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Putting this fine gem from Stevie in 2017 here. Such brilliant, eloquent and intellectual answers she gave:
Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie are about to release an album as a duo. It seems like it started as a Fleetwood Mac album, but you chose not to participate.
Ive been on the road [solo] since last September, so I dont understand their premise. Christine was gone [from Fleetwood Mac] for 16 years and came back, did a massive tour, and then its like, Now Im just gonna go back to London and sit in my castle for two years? She wanted to keep working. I will be back with them at the end of the year for, I think, another tour. I just needed my two years off. Until then, I wish them the best in whatever they do.

Do you want to make a new record with them?
I dont think well do another record. If the music business were different, I might feel different. I dont think theres any reason to spend a year and an amazing amount of money on a record that, even if it has great things, isnt going to sell. What we do is go on the road, do a ton of shows and make lots of money. We have a lot of fun. Making a record isnt all that much fun.
$$$tevie Nick$$$$$, the $$$$nake that $$$$trangled FM.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Do you know what? When someone you have known since you were 17 and worked with for 50 years nearly dies and you dont put aside your differences and call them on the telephone at the very least, then you are not still nice deep down inside. You can plunge the depths all you want. At this point in time its as shallow inside as it is on the surface.
This statement is how I feel, too. It's so hard for me to wrap my head around. She's an empty pretentious vessel of nasal air.
Old 06-07-2021, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This statement is how I feel, too. It's so hard for me to wrap my head around. She's an empty pretentious vessel of nasal air.
How do you not know she's too busy to make the call! He should be grateful he got a letter from her!

From NME:
“Being an ex-girlfriend, I wrote more than that. I said: ‘You’d better stay well and you’d take care of yourself’.

Wasn't that so warm and comforting?

“But we haven’t had any communication [since the letter]”, she added. “It’s OK. If it’s ever meant to happen, it will. If we’re meant to communicate ever again, we will. It’s not happening right now.”

Checking-in during his recovery and rehabilitation wasn't meant to be. When he's ready to apologize for her mandatory cardigan uniform on the 2003 tour, then they can start communicating.
Old 06-07-2021, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know that there are others that fame and money has warped and transformed in terrible ways. Just no one that I had so much invested in and for so long. Such a disappointment what she has become.

Old 06-07-2021, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I know that there are others that fame and money has warped and transformed in terrible ways. Just no one that I had so much invested in and for so long. Such a disappointment what she has become.
It makes me sad, to be honest. She may have very well caused his condition. It's so very inhumane to do that to someone. Not just the firing, but the cutting him out. She couldn't even tell him to his face that she didn't want to tour with him anymore. She had mgmt do her dirty work and then went on National TV and lied through her teeth. Christine's face in that interview says it all. Stevie had to grab their hands to lie. Their body language was very telling.

Mick's even afraid to mention him in interviews. He's so careful about what he says. And has even admitted he's been scolded. It's like she owns all of them.

Now I understand why they were afraid to call BuckVie a Fleetwood Mac album.