User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-25-2021, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Nice! They are on Spotify now too, and I expect other platforms. I agree, that One More Night demo is PERFECTION. I've been ignoring that song for years (just wrote it off into the same tepid ballad category at Never Make Me Cry) but her vocals on this are beautiful. Just re-listened to the full band version with fresh ears and have a new appreciation for it.

That Fireflies demo is... something. Interesting to hear them working it out, I suppose. Never realized how important the guitar/vocal harmonies were on that song until they were taken away. Wish they had included the duet version with more Lindsey somewhere on this set (on that note, it would have been cool if that song had more parts for all three vocalists, with it being about the whole band and everything)
and THAT gets to everything Lindsey has ever done for any of her songs. Her demos where it's just her playing piano are soooooo FLAT musically. He puts in lifts with guitar and/or vocal and breaks to make it more interesting. Sara is a superb example on Tusk. And if I've said it once I'll say it a thousand times, reallllllly listen to Storms...he adds so many subtle lifts and build ups to add momentum and multiple guitar layers and MULTIPLE keyboard layers from Christine. You THINK you're just listening to Stevie over his acoustic guitar, with some backing vocals sprinkled through the choruses...nope. There's a whole little orchestra of sounds and swells going on in there to give it momentum. Genius.
Old 06-26-2021, 08:00 AM

One More Night is beautiful in it's raw state. I've always thought it was one of her best vocals ever. However, the raw vocal on this is just simply beautiful. I love her trying to figure out the piano parts while she's singing it. What a talent Christine McVie is!!

Fireflies, I love the band version. Thank God Stevie has people help her flesh out music. this has never really been a favorite song of mine. But the full band is wonderful compared to the boring demo.
Old 06-26-2021, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
One More Night is beautiful in it's raw state. I've always thought it was one of her best vocals ever. However, the raw vocal on this is just simply beautiful. I love her trying to figure out the piano parts while she's singing it. What a talent Christine McVie is!!

Fireflies, I love the band version. Thank God Stevie has people help her flesh out music. this has never really been a favorite song of mine. But the full band is wonderful compared to the boring demo.
Yes, the vocal is incredible. I LOVE anytime we hear her play like this. Her piano playing just pulls me in. I am still bitter Smile at you never made Mirage. Yes its a great Stevie vocal and song. However, Chris's piano is insane on the song. Her playing on Mirage was incredible and I miss music like this.

I like Fireflies but musically its pretty basic and repetitive (yawn). I still would ax both these songs and Farmers Daughter to add The Chain and Sisters on the album. As good as the Live album is, 2 of their best live songs from this era did not make the album. WTF?

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-26-2021 at 01:12 PM..
Old 06-26-2021, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am still bitter Smile at you never made Mirage. Yes its a great Stevie vocal and song. However, Chris's piano is insane on the song. Her playing on Mirage was incredible and I miss music like this.

I like Fireflies but musically its pretty basic and repetitive (yawn). I still would ax both these songs and Farmers Daughter to add The Chain and Sisters on the album. As good as the Live album is, 2 of their best live songs from this era did not make the album. WTF?
Smile at You demo is Chris playing piano?! I thought that was Stevie.
Wow. It's a tour de force!

Is Chris playing on this Fireflies demo?
Old 06-26-2021, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Smile at You demo is Chris playing piano?! I thought that was Stevie.
Wow. It's a tour de force!

Is Chris playing on this Fireflies demo?
There are so many demos and versions of the song so I don't know which you are referring. The track I am referring to is not really a demo but a finished track that did not make Mirage. I find it impossible to believe Stevie could be playing piano on that song since its so good.

I have no idea about the Fireflies demo
Old 06-26-2021, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I'm glad they released the three cd set at a much more affordable price.
Old 06-27-2021, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There are so many demos and versions of the song so I don't know which you are referring. The track I am referring to is not really a demo but a finished track that did not make Mirage. I find it impossible to believe Stevie could be playing piano on that song since its so good.
I was thinking of the one on 2016 Mirage Deluxe. I think that's called Angry Version in Stevie Nicks fandom.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I was thinking of the one on 2016 Mirage Deluxe. I think that's called Angry Version in Stevie Nicks fandom.
After another listen, it does sound like her style of playing. It sounds good but can hear the amateur in it. She is credited on the song for playing piano?

Now we know the reason it never made the album
Old 06-27-2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:

I have no idea about the Fireflies demo
I know which version you mean. And yes, there is no way in hell that's Stevie on piano. hahahaha... Plus, you can tell by the style it's very distinctively Christine McVie.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-27-2021 at 12:42 PM..
Old 07-03-2021, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
One More Lonely Night. Christine's voice is so crystal clear. Stunning. The rightful STAR of FM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8UZgg5TtI
Good demo. MUCH better than the boring released version. I might even listen to this a second time.

Fireflies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xdOzAm78gM
Boring demo. Flat and terrible vocal. I used to love Stevie's demos so much more than the recorded versions. I never want to hear this demo again. However the Fireflies demo with Lindsey singing on it is pretty good but I haven't listened to it in 2 years.
Old 07-03-2021, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Boring demo. Flat and terrible vocal. I used to love Stevie's demos so much more than the recorded versions. I never want to hear this demo again. However the Fireflies demo with Lindsey singing on it is pretty good but I haven't listened to it in 2 years.
I agree. That was lackluster, to say the least!
Old 07-05-2021, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Are these new demos part of the three-CD release? I don’t see them on the track list.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-05-2021, 11:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Are these new demos part of the three-CD release? I don’t see them on the track list.
No, these are on the bonus 7" vinyl that only comes with the Deluxe box.
Old 07-05-2021, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyleo View Post
No, these are on the bonus 7" vinyl that only comes with the Deluxe box.
Marketing by WEASELS. FM's trademark.