User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
If Homer and jbrownsjr say Temporary One sucks, then who are we to disagree?!? They are the Christine McVie authority here! Still, of all the singer/songwriters in FM, she is the most consistent one. There are some songs by Stevie and Lindsey that I hate, but I can’t say that about any of Christine’s songs, though. Well, except for Temporary One. And maybe One More Night.
One More Night is a snoozer, too! It's on par with Oh Daddy!
Old 04-02-2021, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
One More Night is a snoozer, too! It's on par with Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy is a masterpiece. One of the greatest songs in the FM catalog. But hey, my saying so isn’t going to change your mind.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Temporary One blows goats. Lame assed song.
I love it. The song. Your image is colorful and disturbing. But it’s the song I love.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Oh Daddy is a masterpiece. One of the greatest songs in the FM catalog. But hey, my saying so isn’t going to change your mind.
Oh Daddy is too sleepy for me. I tolerated for all those years until Mick claimed it was about him. Then I lost all interest!
Old 04-02-2021, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh Daddy is too sleepy for me. I tolerated for all those years until Mick claimed it was about him. Then I lost all interest!
His claim is so obnoxious. He so desperately wants a song on Rumours to be about him.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
His claim is so obnoxious. He so desperately wants a song on Rumours to be about him.
Mick is a LOSER. I'm sure they all know it. They waited TWENTY YEARS to claim it was about him. And THEY didn't claim it. Loser did. Poor Christine towed the company line and went along, like she always has, and went along with his claim.
Old 04-03-2021, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick is a LOSER. I'm sure they all know it. They waited TWENTY YEARS to claim it was about him. And THEY didn't claim it. Loser did. Poor Christine towed the company line and went along, like she always has, and went along with his claim.
And you can see how uncomfortable the lie makes her when she toes that line. She only ever repeats what Mick says (“he was the father of the group”) but doesn’t (can’t) explain or describe the creative impulses that went into the tune as she does with her other RUMOURS songs. She’s so obviously just letting him have his delusion.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love sleepy. Not everything has to be toe-tapping, finger-snapping fun. Art is not a sock hop.
Old 04-03-2021, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I love sleepy. Not everything has to be toe-tapping, finger-snapping fun. Art is not a sock hop.
Oh Daddy is not sleepy. Its an orchestra of mystical 70's guitar, percussion and keyboards. When I hear the music, I picture an early morning somewhere when the sun is breaking and mist and fog all about. yes the music is so good it puts visuals in my head.
Old 04-03-2021, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Think About Me is my favorite FM song of all time, because it's perfect, containing all of the above, except sleepy.

That.Is.All.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Think About Me is my favorite FM song of all time, because it's perfect, containing all of the above, except sleepy.

That.Is.All.
Wow, that is high praise indeed! I love it, too. It’s not my favorite, but definitely one of my favorites. I really love the ending, it kind of reminds me of the girl group songs of the sixties, and that is a total compliment. Think About Me is about as joyous as FM ever let themselves sound.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wow, that is high praise indeed! I love it, too. It’s not my favorite, but definitely one of my favorites. I really love the ending, it kind of reminds me of the girl group songs of the sixties, and that is a total compliment. Think About Me is about as joyous as FM ever let themselves sound.
Agreed. You Make Loving Fun would probably be it's runner up, as the the happiest song they ever recorded.

TAM instantly puts me in a good mood, and I crank TF out of the stereo!
Old 04-03-2021, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

That.Is.All.
It's OK. Quite generic FM midtempo stuff, really.
Old 04-03-2021, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's OK. Quite generic FM midtempo stuff, really.
And you hate Lindsey. We get it. Curmudgeon!
Old 04-03-2021, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can’t listen to “Skies the Limit.” I hate this song. It’s rare that any of Christine’s lesser songs fail to reach an acceptable standard, but this one truly stinks. An embarrassment. Once that decent opening verse runs its course, I start to cringe.
You’re just mad about the spelling.