Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2021, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Publishing Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Didn’t Stevie and Lindsey sell their publishing rights or something? Who owns Buckingham Nicks now? Will that album ever get released like on Spotify and iTunes?
If both Stevie and Lindsey sold the majority interest of their past catalogs, wouldn’t the decision to re-release BN rest solely with those two companies?
Old 03-17-2021, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
If both Stevie and Lindsey sold the majority interest of their past catalogs, wouldn’t the decision to re-release BN rest solely with those two companies?
You would certainly think so. I guess it's up to them if the cost is worth the risk if it only sells a few thousand copies. It wouldn't be that different than releasing Time or BTM.

I'm sure they didn't buy the catalogs because they're super fans! It's an investment. Investors don't like bad business moves...
Old 03-17-2021, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
The time to release that album was 1997 at the height of the Fleetwood Mac craze boom. CD sales were still stable, Napster had not been invented yet, and there was no streaming other than RealPlayer (yuck!)

I suppose Rhino could release it as a physical copy or maybe they can give it “the works” and make a Vinyl box set with a CD of all the demos and CoffeePlant recordings. It wont sell a lot though. Its best bet is streaming on Apple and Spotify and maybe generating SOME income.
I’ve said for years that it should’ve been re-released in 1998. Once Chris left and sort of derailed any thought of continuing The Dance tour they should’ve “celebrated” the BN 25th anniversary and rereleased it. And ideally done some shows as Buckingham Nicks (with Mick and John). The momentum was then and really only then. It was ideal timing and would’ve allowed them to continue off the 1997 momentum despite Chris’s retirement. Since then I’d say any major interest in it would be pretty limited.
Old 03-17-2021, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Remaster and release the outtakes from the photo session.
They could possibly find a niche and really promote this. If there was a tour behind it, it would really sell with the deluxe version.

BTW, you've seen the outtakes of the naked photos, no?
Old 03-17-2021, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the cover should be reshot and with a new partner "Nicks Finn"!

I don't see it getting rereleased. Anyone can get it. It's harder to get a copy of Time than BN!
Old 03-17-2021, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
If there was a tour behind it, it would really sell with the deluxe version.
Remember when Stevie told RollingStone she wanted to tour Buckingham Nicks during the 2013 FM tour break from July - September
Old 03-17-2021, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think the cover should be reshot and with a new partner "Nicks Finn"!

I don't see it getting rereleased. Anyone can get it. It's harder to get a copy of Time than BN!
NOOOOO!!!!! That's too many wrinkles for any camera. Can you imagine those saggy bodies on the cover? Even though $tevie, of course, hasn't had any work done...

I don't think it'll happen, either.

I regularly see BTM, SYW, and even Time in my used media store. Those three are usually $1.95. Even the Bob Welch years are $9.00. What does that say???
Old 03-17-2021, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They could possibly find a niche and really promote this. If there was a tour behind it, it would really sell with the deluxe version.

BTW, you've seen the outtakes of the naked photos, no?
Have I? I don’t even remember. What about that blouse that she spent a week’s salary on. It is funny that she thought the blouse would be do beautiful that no one would ask her to take it off. As if men think that way! No offense to you, men, but ...

Last edited by michelej1; 03-17-2021 at 10:09 PM..
Old 03-17-2021, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
The time to release that album was 1997 at the height of the Fleetwood Mac craze boom. CD sales were still stable, Napster had not been invented yet, and there was no streaming other than RealPlayer (yuck!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I’ve said for years that it should’ve been re-released in 1998. Once Chris left and sort of derailed any thought of continuing The Dance tour they should’ve “celebrated” the BN 25th anniversary and rereleased it. And ideally done some shows as Buckingham Nicks (with Mick and John). The momentum was then and really only then. It was ideal timing and would’ve allowed them to continue off the 1997 momentum despite Chris’s retirement. Since then I’d say any major interest in it would be pretty limited.
My thought was it should have been reissued in 1996. Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey, and Stevie were all mostly inactive at that point, at least publicly, but there was a buzz for a reunion. Reissuing the album with some demos, outtakes, and “Twisted,” would have generated even more buzz.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-18-2021, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
My thought was it should have been reissued in 1996. Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey, and Stevie were all mostly inactive at that point, at least publicly, but there was a buzz for a reunion. Reissuing the album with some demos, outtakes, and “Twisted,” would have generated even more buzz.
But they were pretty much dead at that point. Post Dance would have been their best opportunity for marketing. Not that they know ANYTHING about marketing.
Old 03-18-2021, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I think it will be re-released for its 50th anniversary in just a few years which also will be the swan song for Fleetwood Mac. Very short goodbye tour with very high prices. Even Mick's meet and greet will go up in price and give you fewer stickers.
Old 03-18-2021, 02:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think it will be re-released for its 50th anniversary in just a few years which also will be the swan song for Fleetwood Mac. Very short goodbye tour with very high prices. Even Mick's meet and greet will go up in price and give you fewer stickers.
I hope they all live long enough for a swan song(which WAS BuckVie). I'm not much on betting these days. Especially at their ages.

Meet Mick? I'd pay $5 if I could kick him in the cashew nuts. The dumbest man in R&R history.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I hope they all live long enough for a swan song(which WAS BuckVie). I'm not much on betting these days. Especially at their ages.

Meet Mick? I'd pay $5 if I could kick him in the cashew nuts. The dumbest man in R&R history.
Stevie is practising twirls in her power chair as we speak...
Old 03-18-2021, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Stevie is practising twirls in her power chair as we speak...
Haha!! Good one. I'd love it if Sharon wheeled her around in a wheel chair for the GDW crack dance.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post

It’s not even really all that good. I guess it’s most impressive for its acoustic guitar work. It’s nice, pleasant chug-a-lug hippie music. But it has this absolutely weird incantatory power over people when they talk about it — the same people who probably haven’t listened to any Buckingham or Nicks solo albums since 1981. Lindsey is wrong when he says that the music on Rumours doesn’t warrant all the hoopla. He should be talking about Buckingham Nicks!
I feel this way, too. This classic album isn’t a classic. There is an intriguing blend of electric and acoustic guitars, and vibrant if not yet wholly matured vocals. But the album doesn’t really cohere. Most of the songs are underwhelming and supported by an undistinguished rhythm section. Only “Frozen Love” merits the hype. It’s also the only song that feels truly collaborative.