Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-29-2022, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Picture it...…
A small intimate theater with Christine front and center with special guests who worked on her solo album play her hits.

OR
Special guest Stevie Nicks. Plays a much larger venue because of chiffon heads. The crowd goes wild when Stevie takes the stage and her performance gets the lion share of the applause. People throw stuffed animals and flowers on stage for Stevie. She does 3 songs with Chris on stage and leaves. Part of the audience bolts from the theater after Stevie's exit.

I prefer option 1.
cannot agree more. this is about Christine taking her name and her significance in FM back. not about handing it even more to someone else.

that said, maybe we should check with fans who were at Lindsey's Soundstage show. because Stevie was a special guest there, and that seems pretty obvious was because of Lindsey's insecurity as a solo act at the time, after almost 15 year gap of not doing anything solo. maybe Christine is just as insecure. however i really don't wish that for her for her possibly last ever event or tour.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-29-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i cannot believe you are advocating this while saying you care about Christine.
It was part of her history, like it, don't like it. But, having the guests that were there with her during her journey is appropriate in my opinion. Do I like what Stevie has turned into? Hell no, but she is a part of Christine's career. As is: Lindsey, Mick, John, Billy, Clapton, Winwood, Sharp, Ferone, etc etc. They should honor her by participating if she had a one off show.

Her Fleetwood Mac hits especially Lindsey and Stevie. I have no problem with any of them guesting for a one off. I didn't say they would tour with her.

And yes BBoy Billy would certainly be welcome in my "mind's eye fantasy."
Old 03-29-2022, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

It may be part of her history but her presence would ruin the show. No one disputes she was part of a fantastic legacy. That has nothing to do with a potential solo concert by Chris. A solo concert by Christine McVie is the rarest bottle of wine in the world. Why would you want to eat McDonalds with it? Savor it. Let it be the entire focus to the last drop. This is not 1984. This is the end. Let Chris have her night.

To let Stevie suck all the oxygen out of such a treasure and rare show is nothing short of scandalous. I bet even Stevie would feel uncomfortable about it. Chris and Stevie never wrote songs or music together like Lindsey, Billy, Todd, etc. They did nothing creatively together. Stevie only provided a few back up vocals when they weren't editing her out of songs like Dont Stop, Think About Me and Hold Me
Let the creative ones share the stage. There is no room for cow bell in any of Chris's songs

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-29-2022 at 02:26 PM..
Old 03-29-2022, 03:16 PM

Quote:
It may be part of her history but her presence would ruin the show. No one disputes she was part of a fantastic legacy. That has nothing to do with a potential solo concert by Chris. A solo concert by Christine McVie is the rarest bottle of wine in the world. Why would you want to eat McDonalds with it? Savor it. Let it be the entire focus to the last drop. This is not 1984. This is the end. Let Chris have her night.

To let Stevie suck all the oxygen out of such a treasure and rare show is nothing short of scandalous. I bet even Stevie would feel uncomfortable about it. Chris and Stevie never wrote songs or music together like Lindsey, Billy, Todd, etc. They did nothing creatively together. Stevie only provided a few back up vocals when they weren't editing her out of songs like Dont Stop, Think About Me and Hold Me
Let the creative ones share the stage. There is no room for cow bell in any of Chris's songs
Again, I talking about special guests for one song. Cow bell could be used for So Excited.
Old 03-29-2022, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let her and Lindsey do BuckVie II.

F*ck FM. Let em stick the old goat where the sun don't shine...
Old 03-29-2022, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

hahaha I've been waiting for you to get here!!
Old 03-29-2022, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It was part of her history, like it, don't like it. But, having the guests that were there with her during her journey is appropriate in my opinion. Do I like what Stevie has turned into? Hell no, but she is a part of Christine's career. As is: Lindsey, Mick, John, Billy, Clapton, Winwood, Sharp, Ferone, etc etc. They should honor her by participating if she had a one off show.

Her Fleetwood Mac hits especially Lindsey and Stevie. I have no problem with any of them guesting for a one off. I didn't say they would tour with her.

And yes BBoy Billy would certainly be welcome in my "mind's eye fantasy."
I see your point and agree with you. It sounds like a few folks think any sort of concert or event should be only what they want, and not necessarily what Christine or other folks want. I mean, I dislike Eric Clapton quite a bit, but in no way would I say he should not be in a tribute concert for Christine. I’m able to separate my feelings from the situation. No one person, not Stevie or Eric or Steve Winwood or anyone else is capable of sucking the air out of the room for any sort of event that would celebrate Christine McVie! And if you really think that’s the case, that says a lot about what you think of Christine’s music, and Christine herself.

BTW I love how I just got so wrapped up in this crazy scenario where I’m debating with people about a tribute concert that hasn’t even been scheduled LOL! But no one can take away from Christine’s talent, and her stage presence is endearing and I think seeing her interact with various guests would be incredible! I’ve decided I would absolutely see her in concert if she came within 4 hours, and hand on my Bible, if there were some sort of one night only tribute concert with her in England or Hawaii or California, I would probably go to it, and I wouldn’t give AF who was performing with her.
Old 03-29-2022, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hahaha I've been waiting for you to get here!!
I was out collecting tin cans for $tevie.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

A-men brother
Even before Lindsey's firing, Stevie disrespected the Mac's legacy by making up fake reasons not to record with the group. Then she melted down they did it without her. People that want to hear Stand Back, you will get your chance at one of her solo shows. If Heaven and Earth meet and Chris does even 1 live show, please let her shine in her own glory.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Again, I talking about special guests for one song. Cow bell could be used for So Excited.
So Excited has a complicated beat. I doubt she could do it.
Old 03-29-2022, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
A-men brother
Even before Lindsey's firing, Stevie disrespected the Mac's legacy by making up fake reasons not to record with the group. Then she melted down they did it without her. People that want to hear Stand Back, you will get your chance at one of her solo shows. If Heaven and Earth meet and Chris does even 1 live show, please let her shine in her own glory.
$he's the worst thing that ever happened to them. Especially once $he became A LEGEND(in her own tiny brain).
Old 03-29-2022, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yay.

More Stevie bashing.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-29-2022, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah. We don't like her!
Old 03-29-2022, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It just sucks that we can’t get through a conversation like this without trashing Stevie or waxing poetic about LBCM. There can never just be a simple conversation about Christine. It always has to become some type of weird proxy debate in the Stevie-Lindsey feud. It’s exhausting.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-29-2022, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It just sucks that we can’t get through a conversation like this without trashing Stevie or waxing poetic about LBCM. There can never just be a simple conversation about Christine. It always has to become some type of weird proxy debate in the Stevie-Lindsey feud. It’s exhausting.
Well, if we can side step Stevie bashing for a second.

1. What do you think this album/tour is going to be?

2. Wouldn't it be cool to do a tribute to a legend like Christine and have the special guests of her life join her for a song? (Thinking in the set up of PG Tribute)