The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2021, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He says that her creativity was gone “at least for a while”. Does this mean he thinks it came back?

But what he said is spot on. I don’t think she was mad so much about the ISA standing ovation as she was about the fact that he could run around the stage for two hours tirelessly and she couldn’t. She used to have all the energy in the world. Some of that was cocaine and some of it was youth. Now she has creaky joints and that hurts her when she looks at him. And yes she is lonely. That doesn’t mean she wishes she had a passel of kids. But I think she wants something more than she has, even if it’s just very close girlfriends that are not on her payroll.

One of her problems is, I think she’s silly and that’s outgrown its usefulness. I mean, she does not have peers that want to put up with that. I believe others have grown up and she hasn’t. You know, not only can she not sit down and have a heart-to-heart talk about life and the changes in the industry with Nancy Wilson, she can’t even have a heart to talk with Christine McVie, even though they shared a great part of their lives together. She’s an airhead and that was very adorable for a long time, but it’s not any more.

Last edited by michelej1; 09-09-2021 at 12:06 AM..
Old 09-09-2021, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just bought a house. I am putting that on the headstone.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I just bought a house. I am putting that on the headstone.
And WHO wants to hear her blathering on and on between songs? My god!

Only herself.

I'd dance and smirk!
Old 09-09-2021, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Her saying she didn't fire him, she fired herself, and if they wanted to go on without her so be it totally confirms the "it's me or him" story. Hilarious that she thinks she's denying it but is totally validating it.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Her saying she didn't fire him, she fired herself, and if they wanted to go on without her so be it totally confirms the "it's me or him" story. Hilarious that she thinks she's denying it but is totally validating it.
It is hilarious that she thinks she can put her little spin on the truth, and that we'll all "just see it her way".
Old 09-09-2021, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Never for a moment do I think that Lindsey did not contribute to the problems with Stevie, but I think no one had the right to kick him out, given his place in the band. Either they just keep fighting or they stop touring. No middle ground. If Mick Jagger is finally tired of Keith Richards, then the Rolling Stones should be over. At this point, Mick doesn't get to kick Keith out.
Old 09-09-2021, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Never for a moment do I think that Lindsey did not contribute to the problems with Stevie, but I think no one had the right to kick him out, given his place in the band. Either they just keep fighting or they stop touring. No middle ground. If Mick Jagger is finally tired of Keith Richards, then the Rolling Stones should be over. At this point, Mick doesn't get to kick Keith out.
yeah, her comment thru her publicist about the band having a tradition of people coming and going....Sure, leaving by their own volition. How many of them were fired?? Bob Weston, and for what? Sleeping with Mick's wife. Not sure a smirk is equivalent. (Was Dave Mason fired...??)

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 09-09-2021 at 12:55 AM..
Old 09-09-2021, 05:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Exactly. You don't have to be trained in statement analysis to see what she is saying is the same thing......its me or him.

What a horrible person Irving is for breaking his oath of not speaking about artists to belittle Lindsey for his protection of Stevie. Good grief.

Love that he is honest in hinting his disappointment in Christine for not sticking up for him and Mick really not wanting to see him go.

It really is $tevie Mac. Money over legacy.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-09-2021 at 05:25 AM..
Old 09-09-2021, 06:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you so much for sharing this.

It's amazing that Irving says Stevie's account is accurate but Stevie has not shared what the account is. All Stevie says is that she did not have him fired.

What is Lindsey revising? And how did she fire herself? Does that mean the current band is not Fleetwood Mac?

Irving's not a tough guy. If he were, he'd spill everything. He's on Stevie's leash.

Irving and Stevie must think the public is really dumb.

And Stevie saying it's a shame for him to pass judgment... she said at MusiCares that "I don't have anybody. I feel lonely after shows" What a fool.
Old 09-09-2021, 07:46 AM

It's exactly what most of us thought was happening. $he's a money grubbing star who's truly lost her creativity. And quite frankly, is probably on drugs again. (Or her publicist is).
The rest of the band and Irving weren't about to give up millions of dollars for what they knew would probably be the last major tour for this groug. Legacy be damnnnned!!!
I remember being labeled a bad fan for saying all this, but as Christine would say, "But it's true!!!"
Old 09-09-2021, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Money over legacy.
Unless money is the legacy.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-09-2021, 09:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly. She is just saying it was him or me, but in a way that makes her look like the good guy. Who does she think she is fooling. I have do doubt that Lindsey can be an Ass, but like he said, there was much more awful stuff over the past 40 some years that he could have been fired for. My theory about his being difficult in the past may have to do with all the drugs and drink. While everyone else wanted to party all night, he actually wanted to work. The music and the making and production of the music was something he was obsessed with. It probably made him look like a mean tyrant to everyone else and yes he did drugs too, but mostly beer and weed. It has had to have been so frustrating to have Christine back and Stevie not want to do a new album. What else could it be but not having new music from her to make. I have really lost my respect for her. I think Lindsey is right that she is jealous and lonely. Some would say he is a misogynist for talking about her lack of husband and children, but she did tell Rolling Stone in '77 that she wanted kids. And he has known and loved her since high school. He really knows her. And know I think we all do too.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 09-09-2021, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He says that her creativity was gone “at least for a while”. Does this mean he thinks it came back?
she put it all into her monologues between songs
Old 09-09-2021, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks is a damned LIAR. She's absolutely delusional. A miserable POS.