Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyqm
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD
Disc one: 1967-1970
What could even go on a comprehensive single CD from this period? There's so much great live material out there, I can't imagine trimming it all down to 80 minutes. Especially when "Rattlesnake Shake" from the second Boston Tea Party set needs to take up almost a third of it...
That is true, but that period is pretty well documented already, especially with the Boston trilogy, Shrine '69 and disc two of the Showbiz Blues set. Since the VERY FIRST Fleetwood Mac show is now in bootleg circulation, I'd put the first couple of songs from that to lead off the disc.

Quote:
Quote:
Disc two: 1971-1974
I think a lot of folks are just dying for something like this...
There are bootlegs in circulation...two or three of which are radio broadcasts, so I imagine there has to be some documentation from this era that was semi-officially recorded.

Quote:
Quote:
Disc four: 1987-1990
Less so for this...
You'd be surprised. These tours were well-received, despite what people here seem to recall or post about.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You'd be surprised. These tours were well-received, despite what people here seem to recall or post about.
I know they were well-received at the time, but have the performances aged terribly well? I haven't watched the Tango video in a good long while, but I seem to remember not being terribly impressed by it, with a couple of exceptions (like Rick's "I Loved Another Woman").
Old 09-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know they were well-received at the time, but have the performances aged terribly well? I haven't watched the Tango video in a good long while, but I seem to remember not being terribly impressed by it, with a couple of exceptions (like Rick's "I Loved Another Woman").
The Tango video is far and away a poor representation of the tour. It is about 1/3 of the set, it was poorly conceived (the "in-studio" Stevie Nicks close-ups are a joke). If they'd just filmed the concert and left it at that (along the lines of the Mirage video), I think it would've been a better video.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Senior Ledgie

I noticed "Future Games" has the worst sound quality, compared to the other albums. They really need to remaster this one at least.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny4406
I noticed "Future Games" has the worst sound quality, compared to the other albums. They really need to remaster this one at least.
Listened to Mirage lately? Future Games is impeccable by comparison.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Listened to Mirage lately? Future Games is impeccable by comparison.
Hmm, I tend to agree with you. I actually really like the way Future games sounds. But what do I know?
Old 09-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny4406
Have to agree - I've always thought the sound on Future Games was pretty bad, both on disc and on the original vinyl too. Same goes for Then Play On.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
Have to agree - I've always thought the sound on Future Games was pretty bad, both on disc and on the original vinyl too. Same goes for Then Play On.
Whats wrong with the sound of Then Play On???? I myself really get moved with it. Vinyl as well as CD.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk
Whats wrong with the sound of Then Play On???? I myself really get moved with it. Vinyl as well as CD.
Oh well, to each their own I guess. BTW I got your package in the mail. Thank you very much!!!
Old 09-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Disc one: 1967-1970
Disc two: 1971-1974
Disc three: 1975-1982
Disc four: 1987-1990
Disc five: 1994-1995
Disc six: 1997-2007
I LOVE the concept. Here's my tweeking:

Disc 1: 1967-1969 (Blues era)
Disc 2: 1969-1971 (TPO-KH tours)
Disc 3: 1971-1974 (Welch-era)
Disc 4: 1975-1982 (Rumours-era)
Disc 5: 1987-1995 (Billy-era)
Disc 6: 1997-2007 (Mini Mac-era/misc other stuff-i.e. "Roxy")

I think the Green/Spencer years were so split between the purist blues and the experimental rock that they almost require two discs. From what I've seen, set lists didn't seem to have much variation after Peter Green quit, so you could probably get a good representation of live materails from certain eras on one disc. I would put the Billy years on one disc, as even with changing personnel, the set lists didn't have much variation from the '75-'82 sets.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk
I think it has a bit more mid-range than what most are used to. It doesn't sound all that pristine, for lack of a better word. I also love the way it sounds, BTW. I just think many aren't really used to it.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Future Games is a sweet album.

I play it now and friends of mine can not fathom that's it FM. Great stuff on this one. Has anyone noted the Woman Of 1000 Years has been mislabeled in time length for years? Printed it states 8 mins or so, but in reality just over 5-6 mins.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B
Has anyone noted the Woman Of 1000 Years has been mislabeled in time length for years? Printed it states 8 mins or so, but in reality just over 5-6 mins.
YEP! That's always been a mystery.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I think it has a bit more mid-range than what most are used to. It doesn't sound all that pristine, for lack of a better word. I also love the way it sounds, BTW. I just think many aren't really used to it.
I think that's a good way to describe Then Play On, Steve. It is a different-sounding production, for sure (no doubt due to the band producing themselves). I think it lacks crispness, especially the bass which I find very indistinct. It's always struck me as somewhat artificial, for lack of a better word - the sound just doesn't integrate very well to my ears. That being said, I don't so much dislike it as I feel it could be better.

But it's nowhere near as bad as Future Games - I recall that when I first bought the LP, it sounded so muddy I thought I must have gotten a bad copy and exchanged it for another one - but of course that one wasn't any better!
Old 09-23-2005, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I LOVE the concept. Here's my tweeking:

Disc 1: 1967-1969 (Blues era)
Disc 2: 1969-1971 (TPO-KH tours)
Disc 3: 1971-1974 (Welch-era)
Disc 4: 1975-1982 (Rumours-era)
Disc 5: 1987-1995 (Billy-era)
Disc 6: 1997-2007 (Mini Mac-era/misc other stuff-i.e. "Roxy")

I think the Green/Spencer years were so split between the purist blues and the experimental rock that they almost require two discs. From what I've seen, set lists didn't seem to have much variation after Peter Green quit, so you could probably get a good representation of live materails from certain eras on one disc. I would put the Billy years on one disc, as even with changing personnel, the set lists didn't have much variation from the '75-'82 sets.

I like your tweaks.