User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-09-2022, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm so glad they did. Because later on we got the Deluxe Version. The artwork isn't all that great. It's out of focus and colorless. They may have been going for that, but it doesn't grab you like their other album covers.
Me too. I've always loved it. My memory is crap, but I remember buying it at Kmart, the day it came out, and I couldn't get the cellophane off of it fast enough, when I got out of the store.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Me too. I've always loved it. My memory is crap, but I remember buying it at Kmart, the day it came out, and I couldn't get the cellophane off of it fast enough, when I got out of the store.
One of the best Rhiannon, ISA, Don't Stop (even tho they fade the solo)
Old 03-09-2022, 11:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Don't Stop (even tho they fade the solo)
Uh, no? Isn't that where it stops, and you can faintly hear Christine ask if he broke a string?
Old 03-09-2022, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The reason many of us prefer the live album is because the tempo of most of the songs is faster than they play today. Over My Head is the extreme example. However, Rhiannon is on fire and probably the fastest they ever played it. Say You Love Me is also played much faster than today. Even Dreams, Dont Stop, and I'm So Afraid was played a nudge faster than today. This is why I am not thrilled about a Dance re-issue. (Yawn). The songs are slower and so studio sounding that it ruins the raw live sound of the 1980 album. Yet another reason the 1970s ruled. LIVE ARENA ROCK
Old 03-09-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Uh, no? Isn't that where it stops, and you can faintly hear Christine ask if he broke a string?
You're right, I believe they re-cut that version at the same time and it has a solo. {Meaning it was a rehearsal} But I have the bootleg not the official version. I think it's Paris. Am I right about Paris?
Old 03-09-2022, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're right, I believe they re-cut that version at the same time and it has a solo. {Meaning it was a rehearsal} But I have the bootleg not the official version. I think it's Paris. Am I right about Paris?
Correct. Dreams and Don't Stop were Paris.
Old 03-09-2022, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Correct. Dreams and Don't Stop were Paris.
I have the band’s version of “The Chain” from that same sound check. It’s damn good.
Old 03-09-2022, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I see what you are saying. Is it because we are familiar with or programmed to receiving it as the opening number in 1987 and 1984? Humans tend to gravitate to things they are familiar with. I sort of agree with you but I saw the Farewell tour in 1990 when Save Me was dropped for Say You Love me in the middle/late part of the set. It worked rather well. IMHO for the song to work live, it needs to be a rocker like the 1980 album version. It needs to be up tempo like its sister song Over My Head on the same album. The album version is fine but in concert it needs the faster pace that they have not played that way since the 1970s.
I only have maybe 4 or 5 shows from the BTM tour, but they all have "Save Me"; I had no idea it was later dropped!

Classic Mac... drop a new track from the album they're actively supporting (a single, no less!) in favor of a safe oldie.
Old 03-10-2022, 04:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
I only have maybe 4 or 5 shows from the BTM tour, but they all have "Save Me"; I had no idea it was later dropped!

Classic Mac... drop a new track from the album they're actively supporting (a single, no less!) in favor of a safe oldie.
It was during the last leg and during the Farewell tour that it was dropped or swapped out with Say You Love Me. The first night back on tour after Christine's father's passing Save Me was still in the set. It was dropped in the last month of the tour. I think since it was the bands supposed ending, they were throwing in some classic stuff over an album they were over promoting. At least they replaced it. Sometimes Stevie or the band just drop songs and the set just gets shorter.

I remember being disappointed Save Me was not performed when I saw them in November 1990. From the videos I have seen online, the song was excellent and was just like the studio version.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-10-2022 at 06:14 AM..
Old 03-11-2022, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
It was during the last leg and during the Farewell tour that it was dropped or swapped out with Say You Love Me. The first night back on tour after Christine's father's passing Save Me was still in the set. It was dropped in the last month of the tour. I think since it was the bands supposed ending, they were throwing in some classic stuff over an album they were over promoting. At least they replaced it. Sometimes Stevie or the band just drop songs and the set just gets shorter.
I always wonder how they make those decisions. Of course, we can suspect that it is Mick's idea, because of his commercial interests, but is the setlist defined democratically? how do they come to an agreement?
Old 03-11-2022, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I always wonder how they make those decisions. Of course, we can suspect that it is Mick's idea, because of his commercial interests, but is the setlist defined democratically? how do they come to an agreement?
These days, I would guess that Old I'm Not The Boss tells Irving, then Irving tells them.
Old 03-20-2022, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On a similar note, The Eagles Hell Freezes Over reunion show from 1994 is getting a Blu-Ray release.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is this happening?!

There seems to be some activity on the official social media pages - revamping videos to HD and saying to stay tuned for “what is happening next” re the 25th anniversary.

To be clear, I have low expectations but I did wonder…

Old 09-04-2022, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't know if I would buy a TD deluxe edition. It would have to include really interesting new material. But those upgraded HD versions of clips in Youtube (though just 3 ) are very cool.
Old 09-12-2022, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the deluxe set that would be awesome:

1. 2 CD / 4LP remastered audio of the full show (all tracks from the DVD included)

2. Relatively untouched audio from night #1 of recording, I believe most of the released material was from the second night.

3. Remastered audio of the Irvine Meadows show that was recorded for Westwood One radio.

4. DVD with rehearsal footage, band interviews...anything else they might have in the archives.

5. DVD of the original release plus maybe a directors cut version?

A real stretch would be a collection of tracks recorded from the tour. I have no idea how many shows they ever recorded.

I don't know how much stuff actually exists in the vaults, but on the surface it would seem like there is quite a bit to work with for a pretty robust box set.

Last edited by BigAl84; 09-12-2022 at 01:07 PM..