User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lost My Cool

*here is today's embarrassing moment:
I went to get my car out of the parking garage just before it closed, and I was already running late for dinner with my friend. It is a newly opened garage, and they have forgotten some little details like, signs that tell you what floor you are on, and arrows that tell you the way out. I just went downhill and hoped. At the botton, I saw a machine for paying your fee. It spoke to me as I approached it, but I didn't catch what it said, and it wouldn't repeat. Then it took my ticket in its one slot, but wouldn't take my Visa—said my ticket was invalid—and money wouldn't fit in the slot, and there were no directions. I pushed the "help" button, and heard the lonely ring of a phone on the other end of the parking garage. So I did the only thing I could. I yelled "LET ME OUT OF HERE YOU MOTHERBLANKING MACHINE FROM HELL!!!!!!!!!" and then turned around and saw a friendly smiling guy, and was emabarrassed to have yelled and cursed, when help had arrived, and then was truly mortified to find that friendly guy was just trying to pay his ticket too.
"You have to try the card a couple of times", he said
"Yeah, I tried that. Bunch of times. It doesn't work...see, here I will try it again, and it will probably work because you are standing here, haha, ha, um, yep,
it worked.
Bye Bye, friendly keeping-your-cool guy. Now you have a story to tell over dinner about the badly behaved spazz-lady in the parking garage.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stuff like this happens to me on the toll ways, but the people behind me are rarely so friendly. Do you know how difficult it is to try to wedge quarters into slots when the sun is blaring in your eyes & the lineup behind you is honking?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It happens to the best of us.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've definitely had my moments over the past couple of days. Last night it was sitting still in traffic for 15 minutes because of construction and the timing of this one, stupid light. I watched as folks perpendicular to the intersection went through smoothly, cycle after cycle, while I sat still. I thought I was going to burst with rage. So yeah, I was the assh*le beeping. But seriously folks, just f*cking go!

Today I really needed coffee, you coffee drinkers understand this. The machines on my floor have been dry for days so I've been going to the third floor. There was no coffee in there. I wanted to yell like ragandbone but what came out was "Oh God I am going to LOSE it!". So I go to Dunkin Donuts, after the downpour is over, and the bloody ATM doesn't work. So I go to the one next door and the line is too long. I do have a few bucks, but not enough for a sandwich and coffee, which is what I want. I come back to Dunks to settle for coffee and a muffin and now that line is long. Oy!

But now I have my coffee and am happy. But this muffin sucks.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
I've definitely had my moments over the past couple of days. Last night it was sitting still in traffic for 15 minutes because of construction and the timing of this one, stupid light. I watched as folks perpendicular to the intersection went through smoothly, cycle after cycle, while I sat still. I thought I was going to burst with rage. So yeah, I was the assh*le beeping. But seriously folks, just f*cking go!

Today I really needed coffee, you coffee drinkers understand this. The machines on my floor have been dry for days so I've been going to the third floor. There was no coffee in there. I wanted to yell like ragandbone but what came out was "Oh God I am going to LOSE it!". So I go to Dunkin Donuts, after the downpour is over, and the bloody ATM doesn't work. So I go to the one next door and the line is too long. I do have a few bucks, but not enough for a sandwich and coffee, which is what I want. I come back to Dunks to settle for coffee and a muffin and now that line is long. Oy!

But now I have my coffee and am happy. But this muffin sucks.
I dont envy you driving in Boston that's for sure! My sympathies
Old 07-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn
I dont envy you driving in Boston that's for sure! My sympathies
Oh, no driving today, cuz my car is in the shop! I'm so happy there is a rant thread up.

Driving in Boston really does suck, badly. Oh yeah, everyone knows this. Stupid MBTA. Steal or tax dollars and waste them, then ram us with frigging tolls. Jerks.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But this muffin sucks.

I hate pre-made muffins. The store bought ones usually taste like foam rubber. Baked from scratch muffins are kick ass.

Okay, this thread is quickly turning into another food thread
Old 07-13-2006, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought I was going to burst with rage. So yeah, I was the assh*le beeping. But seriously folks, just f*cking go!
Yep, THIS is my life. Just f*cking GOOOOOO! I used to love to drive. I absolutely HATE it now. Traffic is so bad, all the time. You never get to use cruise control, it's so bad, even at night.
And everyone is too busy talking on their cell to NOTICE that the f*cking light has turned green(sorry, but it seems girls are MUCH worse at doing this). I think it should be illegal everywhere to talk on cells while driving.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
Okay, this thread is quickly turning into another food thread
Ooops, sorry I'm late....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
Yep, THIS is my life. Just f*cking GOOOOOO! I used to love to drive. I absolutely HATE it now. Traffic is so bad, all the time. You never get to use cruise control, it's so bad, even at night.
And everyone is too busy talking on their cell to NOTICE that the f*cking light has turned green(sorry, but it seems girls are MUCH worse at doing this). I think it should be illegal everywhere to talk on cells while driving.
I feel your pain. It IS illegal here, but everyone talks on cells while driving anyway. Drives me batty. last week I saw a woman talking on her cell, smoking, and driving a stick.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
I feel your pain. It IS illegal here, but everyone talks on cells while driving anyway. Drives me batty. last week I saw a woman talking on her cell, smoking, and driving a stick.
Yeah, but you thought she was cool! C'mon, admit it.

Now I get to worry about the ceiling falling on me in the tunnel.

One time I was at a light that had turned green. I couldn't figure out why no one was going so I was beeping. The guy in front of me got out of his car, got in my face, and told me it was a f*cking funeral you assh*le. This was not a small guy either. I felt really bad about beeping. But I still wanted to go up to his car afterward and go, "DO YOU FEEL BETTER HAVING PICKED ON A GIRL YOU WUSS?" I thought that might get me killed though. He was so mad. Oops. That was a really bad day.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ Classy. He could have just waved or put up the "hang on a minute" pointer finger. "A f*cking funeral." Nice.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^ Classy. He could have just waved or put up the "hang on a minute" pointer finger. "A f*cking funeral." Nice.
Maybe he had been watching a lot of Six Feet Under.

I missed the food thread diversion, so I would like to point out that the dinner I was late for, while losing my cool in the parking garage was at the amazing Vietnemese restaurant, Le Cheval.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, but you thought she was cool! C'mon, admit it.
Yeah, but only cuz she was smoking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone
I missed the food thread diversion, so I would like to point out that the dinner I was late for, while losing my cool in the parking garage was at the amazing Vietnemese restaurant, Le Cheval.
YAY! Food! What did you have? I love Vietnamese food. Pardon my ignorance, but why does the name of the place sound French?
Old 07-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, but only cuz she was smoking.

YAY! Food! What did you have? I love Vietnamese food. Pardon my ignorance, but why does the name of the place sound French?
It is, and I think that is because Vietnam was colonized by the French, so there are some French elements in Vietnamese food. For instance, have you ever had one of those "Vietnamese sandwiches" on French bread? Also, the base of Pho Ga is consommé.

Oh yes, besides the amazing Blood Orange Martini, I had garlic green beans, and spring rolls with shrimp and glass noodles. The spring rolls came unassembled, though, so we had to dip the rice wrapping in hot water. I would rather that the kitchen had done this work for us, but the result was tasty, if messy.

Last edited by ragandbone; 07-18-2006 at 11:31 AM..
Old 07-18-2006, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

you wanna hear about losing it? I'm relatively sure my recent calls with United Van Lines will surface on the Internet as another "crazy caller lady"

I have been so rage-filled lately as the stress of my move mounts - I finally lost it on Friday when they tried to delay my shipment yet again. I get mad then inevitably feel like an ass. Perhaps I need an anger management class