User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The July shows referred to in Mick's book were referred to in the RS article I mentioned above, that's probably how he "remembered."
So that explains how he was able to "remember" it so well, but what about other things? Other mags? Fans? Whatever he thought went down in his drug-addled mind?

You can add me on Facebook
Old 01-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
A Rolling Stone article from late 1978 critiques one of the band's outdoor shows. It's titled "Mac Clicks, Despite Nicks." That had to tear Stevie to pieces.
Rolling Stone has always trashed Stevie, not least when it came to reviewing her solo albums. The magazine hates anyone who isn't a straight male rocker.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peer_gynt10 View Post
Rolling Stone has always trashed Stevie, not least when it came to reviewing her solo albums. The magazine hates anyone who isn't a straight male rocker.
Hell, I still don't understand why they hated Led Zeppelin so much or trashed so many great rockers. In fact, I heard the reason why Heart and the Moody Blues never got into the RnRHoF is cause Jan Wenner doesn't like 'em

You can add me on Facebook
Old 01-05-2011, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The July shows referred to in Mick's book were referred to in the RS article I mentioned above, that's probably how he "remembered."
Is it a big deal that he looks help on mag articles to remember? I guess everybody does. Besides the book is not written by him alone.
Bob Brunning's book is also a collection of articles, well consolidated.
He does know acknowledge magazines:

This book was recorded, transcribed, and edited in Malibu, New York, and London between 1985 and 1990. The authors wish to give thanks and
praise to all present and former members of Fleetwood Mac who helped out with memories of their own, as well as Biddy Fleetwood, Sally Hartnell, Jenny Boyd Wallace, Dennis Dunstan, Richard Dashut, Judy Wong, John Courage,
Paul Ahearn, and Sara. Ron Bernstein and Mickey Shapiro were instrumental in getting this mad endeavor underway, and-Jim Landis, Jane Meara, Susan Hill, and Roz Targ helped to see it into print.

I guess other bios I've read (Queen, Tina Turner, Gloria Estefan, etc.). are also helped on several sources. Whenever the info is right, good for us.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Is it a big deal that he looks help on mag articles to remember? I guess everybody does. Besides the book is not written by him alone.
Bob Brunning's book is also a collection of articles, well consolidated.
He does know acknowledge magazines:

This book was recorded, transcribed, and edited in Malibu, New York, and London between 1985 and 1990. The authors wish to give thanks and
praise to all present and former members of Fleetwood Mac who helped out with memories of their own, as well as Biddy Fleetwood, Sally Hartnell, Jenny Boyd Wallace, Dennis Dunstan, Richard Dashut, Judy Wong, John Courage,
Paul Ahearn, and Sara. Ron Bernstein and Mickey Shapiro were instrumental in getting this mad endeavor underway, and-Jim Landis, Jane Meara, Susan Hill, and Roz Targ helped to see it into print.

I guess other bios I've read (Queen, Tina Turner, Gloria Estefan, etc.). are also helped on several sources. Whenever the info is right, good for us.

Oh, I agree! And in fact, would expect that Mick did research to verify facts, etc...

But the Brunning book is where I draw the line. That book is riddled with so many errors of fact that one can't take it seriously. He does, however, refer to some great articles, especially re: the lawsuit with Cliff Davis.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But the Brunning book is where I draw the line. That book is riddled with so many errors of fact that one can't take it seriously. .
I read Bob's book several years ago. Can't remember if I detected errors. Can you mention some?
And of course magazines make mistakes, too, so the authors may transmit those errors to their books. They should research and verify.

For example Mick mentions (yes, again his book ):

(1975, prior to release the white album ) Our low status in those days was confirmed when our label took out an ad in Billboard. In the photograph Stevie was identified as Lindsey and vice versa. We were not amused.