User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-04-2004, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Yay!!

Thanks for the updates, Javier!! Terrific news!! Can't wait to see the pics and hear some more Fritz!!!
Old 07-04-2004, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier
... perhaps someday we would reunite and re-record or "spruce up" these old recordings...
Just my opinion, but please don't alter the original recordings. I understand that they'll be coming from 35 year-old tapes and that they won't be perfect, and I'm totally fine with that. I want to hear what you guys sounded like THEN, since I've been waiting since the early '80s when I found out that Fritz even existed in the first place.

Sure, re-master them and get the best sound you can, just please don't recreate parts that are missing or overdub parts you don't like today, etc. As a fan, I want to hear the recordings as historical record, not as some attempt for them to be a viable recording in today's market. Just give us music that sounds as good as possible, with extensive liner notes on what's missing or what parts couldn't be saved in the mastering process. Oh yeah, and lots of pictures and written stories from everyone involved on what it was like to be Fritz at that time, playing with all the rock-n-roll legends onstage up and down the Cali coast.

If everyone wants to reunite and jam and record NEW music, or completely re-record the older material as a kind of counterpoint to the original recordings, I'm fine with that too, and I hope you all have all the fun in the world doing so. Again, just please don't alter the originals in any way with new recordings or studio tricks. It would be like re-creating your high school yearbook and substituting a better picture of yourself. You guys have nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well...I'm definately stoked. This sounds incredibly promising. Javier, thanks so much for filling us in on all of this!!
Old 07-04-2004, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier
We had a wonderful heartfelt Fritz reunion at the Concord Pavilion show June 27th. I have sent Marty a couple of pics of us backstage in Stevie's room. Does all this good vibe mean we are going to do a creative project together? I did pose the question to Lindsey and I believe he is seriously considering it. We talked about dubbing vocals to the old recordings, but at some juncture I think the possibility of us recording the material fresh is also an option. We have all kept up our chops, and no one is interred in a sanitorium. Brian intends to get together and jam w/Linds in August, after he's had a chance to rest from the FM 2004 tour. All I can say to y'all is what Bob told me, who has talked at greater length with L&S. His words are "It ain't over yet." Let's keep our fingers crossed. In the meantime, don't make the bootleggers rich.

Javier

Hi Javier! Thanks so much for letting us know... we really do appreciate it, and we are all anticipating whatever you guys have in store for us! Take care!
Old 07-04-2004, 11:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi everyone!

I'm new to The Ledge, and just wanted to say hello and that this is such great news about Fritz. I agree though that I would like to hear the recordings as they are, so we can get that glimpse into what the band sounded like all those years ago. And I'm thrilled that Javier got to meet with Lindsey and Stevie and that there may be a reunion of sorts in the future...this is all so exciting, and I can't wait to hear the songs! Thanks, Javier for the info, and hello to everyone.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

No pressure Javier but
Thanks for talking to us,

Tynan
Old 07-05-2004, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Welcome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalVisions
Hi everyone!

I'm new to The Ledge, and just wanted to say hello and that this is such great news about Fritz. I agree though that I would like to hear the recordings as they are, so we can get that glimpse into what the band sounded like all those years ago. And I'm thrilled that Javier got to meet with Lindsey and Stevie and that there may be a reunion of sorts in the future...this is all so exciting, and I can't wait to hear the songs! Thanks, Javier for the info, and hello to everyone.
to the Ledge Claudia...And thanks for the info Javier, Cannot wait to hear the music by Fritz.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-05-2004, 02:32 AM
Fritz

Smile

"You guys have nothing to be ashamed of." Thank you, Nixxxed. I totally agree with you. Marty will also testify. When this material gets out it will completely disprove some pud (engineer) who once chimed that Fritz was a loser. Sorry you've had to wait so long. We ain't gettin' young anymore. Imagine us together again after over thirty years! Will Fritz be resusitated in some form?
Stuff that was originally recorded in the studio wouldn't have to be altered cuz you can hear everything fine. However, in the last live Fritz recording, the mike that was supposed to pick up vocals got turned around. You can hardly make out what is being sung on some songs where the amplification overshadows. This recording contains some the last and most sophisticated Fritz arrangements performed in a couple of long, non-stop sets. I'm sure the fans want to be able to discern--adequately hear the vocals. So these recordings can be either modified or done anew. At this point I can't say which alternative would be easier or more realistic to try.

Last edited by javier; 07-05-2004 at 02:37 AM..
Old 07-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Fritz

I hadn't read this particular post of yours and I want to respond to it. Thanks for the compliments on my writing. The reason that any Fritzs music had not leaked out before was because I merely sat on it for all these years (I have given my reasons for this elsewhere). After Fritz disbanded, I didn't want to share that music with anyone, and frankly didn't think any other group or singers could have done justice to the songs. That's the good news. The bad news is I had always hoped in the back of my mind that we would reunite and reissue that stuff--I wasn't going to do it on my own, without their blessing.
In 1967 I was the only composer in the band, later, the others would help with the overall arrangement of the music. AS THE MAIN COMPOSER I WOULD KNOW IF WE EVER AUTHORIZED ANY COMMERCIAL RELEASES.
Yes, that was Lindsey's first time in the studio--his voice vibrato is prominent (not shaky), but such is his talent that he handled everything like an experienced pro. If he was nervous it didn't show. Actually, it was the first recording experience for all of us. Everybody did very well--we were well-rehearsed before we went into the studio. That music was never meant to be released to the public. We were considering signing with that company but later changed our minds. Those were demo tracks. I talked to the engineer of that time just last week. He is a straight-forward and honest man, so I have ruled him out. I hadn't thought about our manager. He was sent to jail in the late 80s or early 90s for embezzlement. But I don't think he was with us yet in 1967 (I may be wrong). Let's face it, in the music business its very easy for managers (or anybody who handles money) to squeeze a little extra for themselves and not tell the musicians. This happened on my very first gig (w/Bob Aguirre), as a sophmore in HS playing a set at a roller rink. Guy was trying to make off with my $15--we stopped him before he sped away!!!
There are other recordings from the later periods. I have most of them. The one biggie that has escaped us was a reel-to-reel tape taken off the board at the Fillmore, San Francisco. We did two auditions there and ultimately, four nights with headliners, Chicago. I think the tape was from one of the auditions, perhaps the second one. ITs a great recording, but the chap who initially held that tape has passed away. Name was Preston Hollander. That is a very historic recording--we're talking 1970. That in itself would constitue a whole album. There is enough Fritz material for about three albums--and I'm talking the best--after the "fat" has been trimmed. It represents material from a band that worked together for three and a half years.
I agree with what you say at the end, and it is something I tried to impress upon Lindsey when last we met (June 27, 2004) only not in your words, which more aptly state the case, and that is, that the Fritz material definitely does "enhance their legacy." I told him, "this is a part of you your audience hasn't heard yet." It is an important part. Let's hope my words sink in and reverberate. There was enough artistry and craftsmanship in those songs (1967-71) that I know will be well received by the public. I am hoping Linds will make some time available for this.
But meanwhile, can ya help me find out more about Karma Records, Jeffrey?

Thanks,

Javier Pacheco
Old 07-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hey Jeffrey,
You made $880 off of this deal. The least you could do is answer the guy's question. You could do it in private through the private mail function on this board. Maybe the person who bought the record could help out with some info? Come on. You know you're out there.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
to the Ledge Claudia...
Thank you, Brian! If I haven't said it before, thanks for your fabulous website ~ I really enjoy the photos! And thanks again, Javier, for the info about Fritz. I heard the snippet of 'You Don't Get Young Anymore' and *loved* it ~ it sounds as if you are a great songwriter, and the band sounded wonderful. Can't wait to hear more!
Old 07-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Hey Jeffrey,
You made $880 off of this deal. The least you could do is answer the guy's question. You could do it in private through the private mail function on this board. Maybe the person who bought the record could help out with some info? Come on. You know you're out there.
This guy Jeffrey came on here to advertise and checked back while the auction was active, but I doubt he reads this board at all now. Certainly this is not the place he would choose to discuss matters pertaining to a potential lawsuit. So don't hold your breath, in other words. I assume Javier has used other means to contact him than this message board, because trying to engage him through this medium most probably will not garner much response. Although if he is out there, I encourage him to be honest, because if he truly acted in ignorance he has nothing to be afraid of.

This whole thing is so incredibly odd. Javier is credited as songwriter, yet the band is not credited as the performers? You'd think it would be the other way around, since the name Fritz would be the selling point - and if they're making up one thing, why not make up the other as well? There is no way this could sell without the Fritz name - even Jeffrey had to convince us all this was really Fritz in order to get his money. As you can see from responses on this very thread, not everyone even believed it was, which perhaps kept the price from going even higher (though it certainly went higher than it should have anyway!). Therefore, the way this is done seems to shoot any seller in the foot even as it steals from the performers. Bizarre.

Javier: I'm thrilled you're making this material available. Thank you so much for your willingness to work with the internet fan community in order to get your material heard - and appreciated.

Old 07-05-2004, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Thank You

Thank you Javier, for your efforts in trying to get this music released. I do hope that Lindsey seriously considers what you said to him. I can only imagine that he's not the easiest guy to convince.

I can't wait to hear these tracks and see some pictures!

Again, thank you!

Susie
Old 07-05-2004, 04:26 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 07-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
This guy Jeffrey came on here to advertise and checked back while the auction was active, but I doubt he reads this board at all now. Certainly this is not the place he would choose to discuss matters pertaining to a potential lawsuit. So don't hold your breath, in other words.
You never know unless you try. Just trying to do my good deed for the day.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
You never know unless you try.
lol True.