Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-03-2004, 12:34 AM
Fritz

Dear Jeffrey,
I just wanted you to know that I had another person's 45 rpm record taken off Ebay because I proved to them that the record in question is bogus. I suggest you take your MP3s and other samples off the web, else you'll be hearing from my attorney as well. Repeat--that is a pirate record--Karma had no authority to release our music.
Please comply.

Javier Pacheco
Old 07-03-2004, 03:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

woo hoo!!!!!!!

Go Javi !!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Selling a song for 800 dollars is criminal..
but buying one for 800 dollars?! Could never imagine doing something like that.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Uh oh, Jeffrey's in trouble now! But at least we got to hear some Fritz snippets and they sounded good too.
It seems a shame that Fritz's material hasn't got an official release. But then considering the Buckingham Nicks album isn't even on CD yet, it isn't really a surprise.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
It seems a shame that Fritz's material hasn't got an official release.
Agreed! I remember a couple years back, Javier posted that he had seen Stevie at Shoreline and discussed the possibility of releasing some Fritz music with her. He said he felt confident that this would happen. Not to steer this away from his original post, but Javier, if you're reading and you've got a moment, can you tell us if this idea was ever explored any further? I do hope these things will surface one day .
Old 07-03-2004, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by javier
Dear Jeffrey,
I just wanted you to know that I had another person's 45 rpm record taken off Ebay because I proved to them that the record in question is bogus. I suggest you take your MP3s and other samples off the web, else you'll be hearing from my attorney as well. Repeat--that is a pirate record--Karma had no authority to release our music.
Please comply.

Javier Pacheco

I was just wondering, since there is so much interest, have you considered issuing this material? With the technology these days, you could produce just enough product that is needed and reduce costs. I am sure there is more than enough interest to make the project viable.

Just a thought.

seeker007nmss

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:58 AM
Fritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Leigh
woo hoo!!!!!!!

Go Javi !!!!!!!
Yup, Fritz is coming. Y'all patient S&L fans will have a treat soon enough. I sent Marty a Sampler of Fritz--the real enchilada, no Sincerely Bango Bay or none of that monkey business. You'll be hearing some earlier and later stuff as soon as Martin puts it up.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:07 AM
Fritz

We had a wonderful heartfelt Fritz reunion at the Concord Pavilion show June 27th. I have sent Marty a couple of pics of us backstage in Stevie's room. Does all this good vibe mean we are going to do a creative project together? I did pose the question to Lindsey and I believe he is seriously considering it. We talked about dubbing vocals to the old recordings, but at some juncture I think the possibility of us recording the material fresh is also an option. We have all kept up our chops, and no one is interred in a sanitorium. Brian intends to get together and jam w/Linds in August, after he's had a chance to rest from the FM 2004 tour. All I can say to y'all is what Bob told me, who has talked at greater length with L&S. His words are "It ain't over yet." Let's keep our fingers crossed. In the meantime, don't make the bootleggers rich.

Javier

Last edited by javier; 07-04-2004 at 04:11 AM..
Old 07-04-2004, 04:17 AM
Fritz

Remember, this was our first visit to a recording studio, late Fall of 1967. Lindsey, Bob and I had graduated from M-A High School in June of 1967. In the latter part of summer we met Stevie and Brian Kane. So Brian and Stevie had just barely been in the group a few months. The material and the sound changes quite a bit after 1968. By '69 we're doing longer songs, more instrumentation, more sophistication, etc.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:25 AM
Fritz

How do you figure "that the single I had was a legitimate release" if it doesn't even mention the true ensemble (Fritz) that did this? Why would a band (or a label, in this case) release a record under an obscure name if it wasn't trying to hide something? WHERE DID YOU GET THIS? Now that you know that it is a bootleg, why aren't you doing the right thing?
Old 07-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yup, Fritz is coming. Y'all patient S&L fans will have a treat soon enough. I sent Marty a Sampler of Fritz--the real enchilada, no Sincerely Bango Bay or none of that monkey business. You'll be hearing some earlier and later stuff as soon as Martin puts it up.

Wow... cool deal.... you know, Javi (do you mind if i call you that? i'll stop if you want) I think it is actually a good idea for you to post them where fans can access them... i mean... at this point, we just want to HEAR them... that is why some schmuck paid amost 900 bucks for that 45. If you post them where people can hear them you will basically eliminate a$$holes making bank off of stuff like this.... and you know as soon as you get together an official release for stores, we will all be rushing out to buy it anyway, whether we heard a download or not... so posting it now won't take away from future profits... you know? what do you think?
Old 07-04-2004, 05:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Javier,
You have made so many good points, you are by far one of the good guys out there, don't let us put you under any pressure though We really appreciate you getting involved in this and just shedding some light on the situation. It's good to know there are some good, honest people out there who are just willing to give us the facts

Tynan
Old 07-04-2004, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We had a wonderful heartfelt Fritz reunion at the Concord Pavilion show June 27th. I have sent Marty a couple of pics of us backstage in Stevie's room. Does all this good vibe mean we are going to do a creative project together? I did pose the question to Lindsey and I believe he is seriously considering it. We talked about dubbing vocals to the old recordings, but at some juncture I think the possibility of us recording the material fresh is also an option. We have all kept up our chops, and no one is interred in a sanitorium. Brian intends to get together and jam w/Linds in August, after he's had a chance to rest from the FM 2004 tour. All I can say to y'all is what Bob told me, who has talked at greater length with L&S. His words are "It ain't over yet." Let's keep our fingers crossed. In the meantime, don't make the bootleggers rich.

Javier

Javier, This is fantastic news, have you ever considered putting this material out online at one of new legal download stores like Apple iTunes MusicStore, at least you guys will be getting some money from the sales.

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 07-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you!
Old 07-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Fritz

Smile

Its about the integrity of the music and some sensible ethics too. If I'd wanted to cash in on Lindsey and Stevie's fame I would have done this a long time ago. Probably would have made some good money, but its not about the money, it never was. A little voice inside told me to be patient, that perhaps someday we would reunite and re-record or "spruce up" these old recordings. Either way, I preferred to do it with input from my Fritz colleagues. Even though I was the main composer, I didn't want to profit at the exclusion of the rest of the group who worked equally hard on producing this music.
I don't like to do things on the sly or half-done. After so many years, it looks as though the dream may come to pass at last. We've already been together briefly and experienced a lotta love (Concord Pavilion, June 27, 2004). You've had a taste for what we sounded like. More samples will follow, and people will continue to be amazed, I kid you not. Fritz may be reborn.

Last edited by javier; 07-04-2004 at 12:10 PM..