User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I don't know, that I've seen that book....

God, can you imagine life without teh internets, OR TV? Good lord.....

About 3 years ago, we had a terrible storm here, and I was without power, for 3 days! By the third day, I was going absolutely batsh*t crazy. I called my aunt, an hour away, and said, "fire up that TV, I'm on my way!" Three days with NO NOISE, whatsoever(especially living by yourself) was quite unnerving.
If I went without power for 3 days, I'd probably die from lack of electronics, but watching my mom during a blackout is pretty funny (she stands there with her hands in her pockets, freaking out).

Over the summer, I did have a similar situation for about a week. I dunno what it was, but at a certain time every night and then periodically throughout the day, my phone would be nothing but static and my internet (which is DSL) would completely short out. It was the most bizarre thing and the phone company did manage to fix it in the end, but I was dying from lack of internet

You can add me on Facebook
Old 01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And if I had to pick my technologies, in order, it would be
#1 the internets(hands down!)
#2 TV
#3 cell phone and texting. I do a lot of texting, but I could live without it.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And if I had to pick my technologies, in order, it would be
#1 the internets(hands down!)
#2 TV
#3 cell phone and texting. I do a lot of texting, but I could live without it.
My list is the same actually. I do a lot of texting myself, but there were times I could've lived without it, especially when my friend Kristine started whining to me about how she couldn't be a business major cause her GPA was't high enough (bizarre as it may sound, SB has a few majors you have to be accepted into, business being one of them, but it took a lot for me not to tell her that her GPA would be higher if she actually went to class)

Old 01-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of books about FM....look what else looks like it's dropping on May 3rd:

http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Rumou...5576189&sr=8-1

I remember when Ken was on here about a year ago talking about this. Here's the link to that thread: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...hlight=caillat

May 3rd will be a busy day for us Ledgies!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
Speaking of books about FM....look what else looks like it's dropping on May 3rd:

I remember when Ken was on here about a year ago talking about this. Here's the link to that thread: http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...hlight=caillat

I got something that won't be put off till paperback comes out or be downloaded to my Kindle

EDIT: And a good use for a Borders coupon

Last edited by MissLadyLoki; 01-20-2011 at 09:53 PM..
Old 01-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i have mick's book and find it a very entertaining read. bought it as a hard copy off ebay for about a dollar (thanks to whoever posted the link here several months ago!).

there are bunch of interesting little snippets in there. i especially like the ones attributed to dashut. considering that mick once said that he just told a bunch of stories to his co-writer during a series of late nights, and never bothered to read/edit it, plus his overall hazy state of mind through many of the happenings he was describing, it wouldn't be too farfetched to assume some of the things described may not be completely accurate - as people have pointed out in various threads before.

re storms, i read some parts on google books preview and although written in a trashy style it has some interesting insights (heineken bottle caps backstage, for example). people debate a lot about the abuse accusations. seems hard to say - something to consider may be substance abuse (of all involved) or similar accusations about paul mccartney, or mel gibson.

speaking of dashut, i find interesting how all these people appeared to have always been living in lindsey's house at the same time - carol ann, dashut, i think somebody else was also mentioned?
Old 01-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

WOW. I was beginning to think this would never happen.

I'll probably barricade myself in my room that day, alternating between reading and listening.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And I have a message on my phone, and FB, from Ken to me, about his book. It's fascinating, that I can communicate personally, with someone who worked on the album, that changed my life.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I have a message on my phone, and FB, from Ken to me, about his book. It's fascinating, that I can communicate personally, with someone who worked on the album, that changed my life.
That's awesome. Anything worthwhile that you can share with us? I can't wait for this book cause unlike CAH's book, this one should make sense!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
speaking of dashut, i find interesting how all these people appeared to have always been living in lindsey's house at the same time - carol ann, dashut, i think somebody else was also mentioned?
Yes, I think Carol mentioned that one of the guys from Fritz was living with them early on, back when they got robbed.

Michele
Old 01-20-2011, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's awesome. Anything worthwhile that you can share with us? I can't wait for this book cause unlike CAH's book, this one should make sense!
I had asked him about his book coming out, in a private FB message, and told him that I'd put his answer on the Ledge. It reads:
Ken Callait to you:
Hi David, yes, it is finished, and being edited now. I am looking for a publisher.

Dated 9.14.2010
Old 01-20-2011, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had asked him about his book coming out, in a private FB message, and told him that I'd put his answer on the Ledge. It reads:
Ken Callait to you:
Hi David, yes, it is finished, and being edited now. I am looking for a publisher.

Dated 9.14.2010
Looks like he found one...I hope we hear back from him again. I'm really excited to read this.

excerpt of: http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/p...-12-2009-.html

'Rumour' Mill

Peter McGuigan, of Foundry Literary + Media, sold, at auction, Fleetwood Mac producer Ken Caillat's Starting Rumours. Kate Hamill at It Books took world English rights to the Grammy winner's behind-the-scenes take on the making of the band's seminal album, Rumours. According to McGuigan, the book, which he called an “oral biography,” includes Caillat's firsthand experiences as well as interviews with a wide swath of people, from band members and roadies to studio execs.