The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-06-2021, 05:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The CH tour is only six weeks, the Dirty Knobs even less, so that’s not really a factor.

As far as Stevie goes, I think she’d put her solo plans on hold. The Fleetwood Mac payday is bigger than her solo payday, and there aren’t that many Fleetwood Mac paydays left.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-06-2021, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The CH tour is only six weeks, the Dirty Knobs even less, so that’s not really a factor.

As far as Stevie goes, I think she’d put her solo plans on hold. The Fleetwood Mac payday is bigger than her solo payday, and there aren’t that many Fleetwood Mac paydays left.
To be honest I don’t think there are any Fleetwood Mac paydays left.
Old 02-06-2021, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Buckingham McVie II would be such a breath of fresh air compared to another Fleetwood Mac tour filled with Stevie Nicks resentment, army comparison comments, and general bullsh*t about a new chapter. Please, just stop.

I’m already bracing for “covid ruined my last single. Show Us The Way was the most important thing I’ve done since edge of 17 but nobody heard it, that’s why I don’t want to make new music anymore. It costs too much money so why bother. Now I have to march straight back to another Fleetwood Mac tour when I could be doing my solo work, but people have to understand being in a band means I’m not the boss, so we’re going to do 175 shows next year and every night I’m going to tell the crowd exactly what number show it is that night ”

Last edited by BigAl84; 02-06-2021 at 11:00 AM..
Old 02-06-2021, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Buckingham McVie II would be such a breath of fresh air compared to another Fleetwood Mac tour filled with Stevie Nicks resentment, army comparison comments, and general bullsh*t about a new chapter. Please, just stop.
If Christine only has one more tour left in her, it’s going to be the arena tour with the band she’s been connected to since 1968. I think any hopes for LBCM 2 went out the window with COVID.

With that lot, they’d probably let Lindsey back in, he’d push to do a small tour for his still unreleased album again, and then they’d kick him out again.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-06-2021, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m already bracing for “covid ruined my last single.
The funny part is that it wasn’t COVID, it was cranberry juice, and she still made a small fortune as a result.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-06-2021, 11:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The funny part is that it wasn’t COVID, it was cranberry juice, and she still made a small fortune as a result.
Haha you know what...the juice totally stole her thunder, nobody can argue with that Lolol. It’s kinda ironic that 1977 came back to overshadow her solo release. That had to burn just a smidge. LOLOLOL.
Old 02-06-2021, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If Christine only has one more tour left in her, it’s going to be the arena tour with the band she’s been connected to since 1968. I think any hopes for LBCM 2 went out the window with COVID.

With that lot, they’d probably let Lindsey back in, he’d push to do a small tour for his still unreleased album again, and then they’d kick him out again.
Thats a pretty accurate depiction of their current operating model.
Old 02-06-2021, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My prediction for a full reunion, which still makes me gag...would look like this:

10 nights at the garden
10 nights at the forum
Maybe a few nights somewhere else
And that’s it.

I hope that’s all Lindsey agrees to, if anything ever comes to fruition.
Old 02-06-2021, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If there is any “ Reunion” it will be a one off. “The Dance 2.”.... .The 25 year reunion show.

Last edited by BLY; 02-07-2021 at 06:07 AM..
Old 02-07-2021, 03:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie don't need a payday tour

She got bank from selling a share of her catalogue.
Old 02-07-2021, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In a radio interview, I’ve just listened to Christine, said she didn’t think she would tour again, as she was getting too old, and the amount of work that goes into touring is too much.
She also said....
John definitely would not tour ever again as he was frail....she then said he was fine, but getting too old ..
Old 02-07-2021, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
In a radio interview, I’ve just listened to Christine, said she didn’t think she would tour again, as she was getting too old, and the amount of work that goes into touring is too much.
She also said....
John definitely would not tour ever again as he was frail....she then said he was fine, but getting too old ..
It’s the end of Fleetwood Mac. It still makes me sick that the BuckMcVie album and the last tour wasn’t their swan song.....Oh Well.
Old 02-07-2021, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My prediction for a full reunion, which still makes me gag...would look like this:

10 nights at the garden
10 nights at the forum
Maybe a few nights somewhere else
And that’s it.

I hope that’s all Lindsey agrees to, if anything ever comes to fruition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
If there is any “ Reunion” it will be a one off. “The Dance 2.”.... .The 25 year reunion show.
yes, don't forget the film that would come of it a la The Dance and possibly a live stream event like is done for major sporting events etc where they charge you a buncha bucks to watch in real time, maybe with some behind-the-scenes 'prep for our final show' stuff (well, if a younger staff member can get them to do it, so likely not)
Old 02-07-2021, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
She got bank from selling a share of her catalogue.
and the two are not un-related. That juice vid demonstrated the viability of her music in all these new commercial avenues, and that's the whole motivation of these companies hoovering up catalogues... Take the multi millions up front and let someone else do all the work finding new channels for your songs. she should really thank that juice guy. kinda funny that Mick jumped on the bandwagon of imitating him first, he recognizes money-making opportunities quick...she remains tech/social media phobic and has to be badgered into it via friends and staff.
Old 02-07-2021, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
and the two are not un-related. That juice vid demonstrated the viability of her music in all these new commercial avenues, and that's the whole motivation of these companies hoovering up catalogues... Take the multi millions up front and let someone else do all the work finding new channels for your songs. she should really thank that juice guy. kinda funny that Mick jumped on the bandwagon of imitating him first, he recognizes money-making opportunities quick...she remains tech/social media phobic and has to be badgered into it via friends and staff.
I’m pretty sure she has to be badgered into doing pretty much anything these days unless it involves talking about herself.