The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I see the dungeon reference to mean, his studio.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Indeed. I thought he was a bit self-righteous there. Reminds me of his "I watched a lot of my friends" speech - how all of his friends screwed up with their kids and he's bigger than that. Seriously, why does he think he's so different than other people who have good intentions when they start a family and then life just happens and everything gets messed up? Don't ride too high on that pony...
LB, full of himself as usual. Cool info he gives on the songs but the rest of the video...WTF? Acting lessons didn't do a bit of good.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no, i'm not a stevie fan and don't know much about her lyrics...
It's cool you don't like her stuff. I certainly don't hold that against anyone. Like I said, it's pretty easy to see connections in their lyrics if you know both of their music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
LB, full of himself as usual. Cool info he gives on the songs but the rest of the video...WTF? Acting lessons didn't do a bit of good.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
I see the dungeon reference to mean, his studio.
I can see why you would think that... I just hope his secret is that he's been down there preparing the re-release of Buckingham Nicks!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Betrayal

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Did you notice that he said that there was very little that could get him to walk away from what he has? You'd think, at this point in his life, he'd say there was NOTHING that could make him leave, but there is just "very little." Wonder how little it is.

Michele
I don't think LB would ever tolerate or forgive his wife for cheating on him, regardless of any of his past or present indiscretions. Just my opinion.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
I don't think LB would ever tolerate or forgive his wife for cheating on him, regardless of any of his past or present indiscretions. Just my opinion.
I agree with you totally.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
are we watching the same video? or are you watching "not too late" - for which your description above fits perfectly? i always warn anybody who's considering Bass Performance DVD to just skip "Not Too Late" - it's embarrassingly horrible. actually now, for someone to get the impression of LB live, they should just go straight to Small Machine instead - better concert and no embarrassing extras.

after seeing this video i was thinking how far he has come from the days of "Not Too Late" and how nice and balanced this video is. interesting song descriptions plus nice acoustic or band samples of almost every song on the album.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
care to tell us more?

hmm, double standard comes to mind...
Old 01-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Double Standard

Quote:
care to tell us more?

hmm, double standard comes to mind...
I don't have any inside or intimate knowledge, I have just been a fan for 35 years. I definitely believe he has a double standard, but a lot of people do. I don't believe he has gotten over Stevie leaving him (to this day), or Stevie having an affair with Mick, even after they had broken up. He has serious control issues. However, all of these "issues" and the heartache he has endured (real or imagined) has made for some great music. If Stevie had not left him, we wouldn't have had Rumours. If he hadn't had an acrimonious break up after recording Tango, we wouldn't have had Out of the Cradle.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think he can and has gotten over it in several relationships already.

Speaking of that, I always thought it was funny in CAH's book, how he didn't believe Dennis Wilson when Dennis said he slept with Carol. Carol said Dennis only said it to hurt Christine. But it's not like she and Chris were friends. I don't think Chris would have been especially hurt that he was unfaithful with Carol, so much as she was hurt that he always fooled around anyway.

Anyway, as much time as Carol spent with Dennis, it was strange that Lindsey really had no reaction to Dennis' claims, especially since she painted him as so controlling, suspicious and paranoid in all other instances. I don't think it was his implicit trust in Carol's fidelity that caused the supportive response she described.

As for Stevie and Mick, Stevie had broken up with Lindsey and moved out of the place they shared before they ever joined FM. As she tells it, she she fell in love with someone else and had to make a choice of whether to come back to him or not. She did go back and they resumed their "tumultuous" relationship. I don't think infidelity was a deal breaker.

While I'm sure that her relationship with Mick had to hurt within such close quarters, I can't believe it had a lasting impact on him. Well, aside from the fact that I think Stevie and Mick both have influenced Lindsey's reactions a lot anyway. I think Mick has penetrated under the skin almost as much as Stevie ever has. So, in general I think they have influenced his work and inspiration deeply, but would have even if they'd never slept together.

Michele
Old 01-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I think Mick has penetrated under the skin almost as much as Stevie ever has. So, in general I think they have influenced his work and inspiration deeply, but would have even if they'd never slept together.

Michele
I think I'm confused on what you were saying here... were you saying that he can and has gotten over his wife's infidelity, or that he can and has gotten over infidelities in other relationships?? (I think you mean the latter.... but am not entirely sure)

I totally agree about Mick. I've always thought Lindsey's tumultuous relationship with Mick hasn't gotten the attention it merits given how it's influenced so much of the direction the band has taken at times. Guess it's just not as romantic to ponder as the one with Stevie.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I think I'm confused on what you were saying here... were you saying that he can and has gotten over his wife's infidelity, or that he can and has gotten over infidelities in other relationships?? (I think you mean the latter.... but am not entirely sure)
what Michele said seems pretty clear to me. statement was made that one of the few reasons lindsey might get out of the relationship would be partner's infidelity. Michele listed the past examples of that not being the case. and in those examples he had less to loose if he got out.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

She did go back and they resumed their "tumultuous" relationship. I don't think infidelity was a deal breaker.

While I'm sure that her relationship with Mick had to hurt within such close quarters, I can't believe it had a lasting impact on him.

Michele
I don't know Michele. Check out his reaction in that Q&A he did last year during the SWS tour. According to fans who were there and you can hear it in the audio too when he said: "Stevie moved away from me. I NEVER moved away from her." (Emphasizing "never").

And the lyric in IWY always strikes a chord with me: "I waited for a woman who was TRUE."

Of course that brings to mine the inevitable: "Shacking up's all you want to do." (Stevie interpreted that as Lindsey tongue wagging about her playing the field.)

And, if he has gotten over it - why does he continually say he and Stevie have to work on things? Granted, there are other things I'm sure they need to 'work on', but I think it's all connected. For example, Stevie's quote in the 80's of how they couldn't talk for long because it would always end up on the subject of why they broke up 10 years prior.

Not exactly evidence of being 'over it', I don't think. Maybe learned to live with it...

Last edited by CADreaming; 01-12-2012 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: changing my wording.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I don't know Michele. Check out his reaction in that Q&A he did last year during the SWS tour. He sounded pretty upset according to fans who were there and you can hear it in the audio too when he said: "Stevie moved away from me. I NEVER moved away from her."
i was right there in front of him. he just stated that as a cold fact. not looking upset at all.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i was right there in front of him. he just stated that as a cold fact. not looking upset at all.
There was inflection in the voice. I'm sure he's not gonna break down in tears....