The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-02-2024, 09:42 PM
BLY BLY is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,938
Default One More Night

I really do love of all of Christine McVie’s songs but my least favorite song of hers is probably this track. Does anyone feel the opposite?
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 03-02-2024, 09:47 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,802
Default

It's definitely at the bottom of the list.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-02-2024, 10:43 PM
WatchChain WatchChain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 925
Default

Did Warner Brothers have plans to release a radio single from the 1980 "Fleetwood Mac Live" album? If so, would it have been "One More Night"?

Most live albums released in that day included a single release. I'm surprised this one didn't.

Last edited by WatchChain; 03-02-2024 at 10:47 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-03-2024, 12:44 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
Did Warner Brothers have plans to release a radio single from the 1980 "Fleetwood Mac Live" album? If so, would it have been "One More Night"?

Most live albums released in that day included a single release. I'm surprised this one didn't.
I would have assumed Fireflies.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-03-2024, 02:11 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 6,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I really do love of all of Christine McVie’s songs but my least favorite song of hers is probably this track. Does anyone feel the opposite?
I would have agreed with you until I heard the demo. That version is to my way of thinking WAYYYYYYYYYY better than the one that ended up on Fleetwood Mac Live.

It's everything I ever wanted from a Christine solo album, just her at the piano. The kind of tune you might find on a Laura Nyro album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8UZgg5TtI

It was the first thing I listened to when I learned of her death.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-03-2024, 05:39 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Posts: 6,201
Default

It was always one of my least favorites. But many moons ago it grew on me. The way she is throwing her voice is rare for her and I love it. Its a very sincere song too.
She does not like sleeping alone
__________________
My heart will rise up with the morning sun and the hurt I feel will simply melt away
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-03-2024, 09:52 AM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 4,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I really do love of all of Christine McVie’s songs but my least favorite song of hers is probably this track. Does anyone feel the opposite?
I do like the song. I wouldn't say opposite cause it's not within my top fave list, but I enjoy listening it.

And yes the demo version aleuzzi shared here is beatiful.

It's funny how we all have different tastes. I've read in this forum many people like Only Over You. Well I like One More Night far more than OOY.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-03-2024, 09:57 AM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 3,393
Default

Not necessarily her best. But it’s nice. Yes, it plods a bit, but so too, there are certain parts that give me shivers.
She never goes below a 6/10.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-03-2024, 05:58 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 6,266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I would have assumed Fireflies.
Fireflies was released as a single. I've still got the 45. It went nowhere.
The other single was Farmer's Daughter. That didn't chart well either.

maybe Chris and Stevie got new songs tacked onto the Live album since Lindsey hogged most of Tusk??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-03-2024, 09:59 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Fireflies was released as a single. I've still got the 45. It went nowhere.
The other single was Farmer's Daughter. That didn't chart well either.

maybe Chris and Stevie got new songs tacked onto the Live album since Lindsey hogged most of Tusk??
I still have my 45s. I might have that in there. I'll check later.

Lindsey's songs were half as long as Chris and Goatsy's.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-04-2024, 08:24 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 16,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Lindsey's songs were half as long as Chris and Goatsy's.
And that's enough for me.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-04-2024, 08:48 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 6,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I still have my 45s. I might have that in there. I'll check later.

Lindsey's songs were half as long as Chris and Goatsy's.
As an individual songwriter, Christine got the least space. One thing I dislike about Tusk is that we wait what feels like an eternity between Think About Me and Brown Eyes. An additional song should have appeared on side two.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-04-2024, 09:07 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 16,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
As an individual songwriter, Christine got the least space. One thing I dislike about Tusk is that we wait what feels like an eternity between Think About Me and Brown Eyes. An additional song should have appeared on side two.
I agree with this. Mirage and Tango changed that a bit. Her Tusk songs seem buried.

I always felt that Lindsey didn't know what he had until Tango. By that time, he was leaving.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-04-2024, 10:46 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,802
Default

Okay, I just went through my 45s. No Fireflies. Here's the poop.
Rhiannon/Sugar Daddy
Think About Me/Save Me A Place
Edge of 17/Live Edge of 17
John Stewart Gold

That's all the FM 45s I've got. I always bought the albums the day they were released, so why would I buy 45s?

And unrelated, I don't remember being a Bee Gees fan, but f*ck me, I've got like 20 of their 45s. In my defense, I think some of them may have been my older cousin's, who lived with us when she was in high school. That must be it, because I've always been annoyed by falsetto singers.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-04-2024, 04:20 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 16,449
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I would have agreed with you until I heard the demo. That version is to my way of thinking WAYYYYYYYYYY better than the one that ended up on Fleetwood Mac Live.

It's everything I ever wanted from a Christine solo album, just her at the piano. The kind of tune you might find on a Laura Nyro album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8UZgg5TtI

It was the first thing I listened to when I learned of her death.
Wow, it sounds so good on my "echo studios!!" You've heard them from the Perfect clips I've sent over.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Lindsey Buckingham Christine McV... - Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie CD XLVG picture

Lindsey Buckingham Christine McV... - Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie CD XLVG

$7.94



Christine McVie - Christine Mcvie [New CD] picture

Christine McVie - Christine Mcvie [New CD]

$16.44



FLEETWOOD MAC 1979 LIVE PHOTO & PRESS KIT-Christine MCVIE- NICKS picture

FLEETWOOD MAC 1979 LIVE PHOTO & PRESS KIT-Christine MCVIE- NICKS

$149.99



CHRISTINE MCVIE Art Print Photo 8

CHRISTINE MCVIE Art Print Photo 8"x10" Poster 1970's FLEETWOOD MAC Vintage

$8.99



Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie picture

Lindsey Buckingham Christine McVie

$8.50




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved