User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-16-2023, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
The interaction between Christine, George and Todd as they're writing The Challenge is some of my favorite stuff. I really hopes this sees the light of day on DVD.
They certainly played the music from The Challenge long enough. While I love the song, it droned on for too long...

And WHAT was the track towards the end of it???
Old 05-16-2023, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I truly wonder what would have happened, if Christine had left when S&L joined, if anything would have happened? I doubt it.
That's a lot of hidden magic to lose. Who knows??? I know that B/N was dead in the water, even know the music was great.
Fleetwood Mac might have been like Tony said, a few hits and done in that decade.
Rumours would not have happened. The chemistry would be 1/3 off, too.
Old 05-16-2023, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's a lot of hidden magic to lose. Who knows??? I know that B/N was dead in the water, even know the music was great.
Fleetwood Mac might have been like Tony said, a few hits and done in that decade.
Rumours would not have happened. The chemistry would be 1/3 off, too.

Interesting to think about how it might've gone without Chris there. Hard to imagine that they would have had the same success without her...Lindsey and Stevie brought enormous talent and charisma but I think the chemistry of the 5 of them was incredibly powerful.

--Lis
Old 05-16-2023, 08:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The woman who was never photographed without a cocktail in hand. God I love her.

Christine said in an interview with I think The Guardian in 2013 or 2014 that she quit doing cocaine in 1984 when she was making her solo album. She was clearly still drinking heavily, but I wonder if she quit doing cocaine like cold turkey. I wonder if her band members and studio crew were doing cocaine. Did she not partake at all or did she still do it, but did it it less than she did when she was with Fleetwood Mac. I have the same question about the Tango era. Lindsey set up a trailer in his front yard for Mick to partake in his vices during the recording of Tango. I wonder how much time Christine spent in that trailer.
Old 05-16-2023, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Christine said in an interview with I think The Guardian in 2013 or 2014 that she quit doing cocaine in 1984 when she was making her solo album. She was clearly still drinking heavily, but I wonder if she quit doing cocaine like cold turkey. I wonder if her band members and studio crew were doing cocaine. Did she not partake at all or did she still do it, but did it it less than she did when she was with Fleetwood Mac. I have the same question about the Tango era. Lindsey set up a trailer in his front yard for Mick to partake in his vices during the recording of Tango. I wonder how much time Christine spent in that trailer.
Whatever drinking or drugs she did or didn’t do during TANGO doesn’t eclipse the great contributions she made to the record. As she often said, she was always at the boards with Lindsey and Richard, so Lindsey’s oft-told complaint that the band were in bad shape does not account for Christine. She had just finished a solo record and tour, and a soundtrack project when they started the record. She was NOT out of shape or rusty. She was primed. And contributed a lot.
Old 05-16-2023, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Whatever drinking or drugs she did or didn’t do during TANGO doesn’t eclipse the great contributions she made to the record. As she often said, she was always at the boards with Lindsey and Richard, so Lindsey’s oft-told complaint that the band were in bad shape does not account for Christine. She had just finished a solo record and tour, and a soundtrack project when they started the record. She was NOT out of shape or rusty. She was primed. And contributed a lot.
Exactly, her contributions were enormous to Tango. They often get hidden by talk of: Lindsey having to work 24 hours a day (which wasn't true) and Stevie's rehab and non contributions.

Imagine being so under-rated, that someone else's non contributions get talked about more than Christine's power house material.
Old 05-16-2023, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly, her contributions were enormous to Tango. They often get hidden by talk of: Lindsey having to work 24 hours a day (which wasn't true) and Stevie's rehab and non contributions.

Imagine being so under-rated, that someone else's non contributions get talked about more than Christine's power house material.
Or like at the 1998 Grammys when the tv cameras were glued on Lindsey and Stevie WHILE Christine was singing a lead verse on Don’t Stop. Her very dependability and solid musicianship made her invisible among the unstable…
Old 05-16-2023, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And another thing—even in the BBC documentary, Richard D discussed Christine’s Tango songs in terms of Lindsey’s presence on them. According to him, because Stevie wasn’t fully available, Christine steps in as the “feminine energy” and Lindsey could focus on her songs. I adore Richard, but what bull! Lindsey and Christine worked together like that since 1975. And it was not just him “helping” her. She had a strong hand in things.
Old 05-17-2023, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And another thing—even in the BBC documentary, Richard D discussed Christine’s Tango songs in terms of Lindsey’s presence on them. According to him, because Stevie wasn’t fully available, Christine steps in as the “feminine energy” and Lindsey could focus on her songs. I adore Richard, but what bull! Lindsey and Christine worked together like that since 1975. And it was not just him “helping” her. She had a strong hand in things.
I think that they were assigned identities in the late 70's, and they've stuck with identifying with those stereotypes ever since then.

The combination of Lindsey/ Christine is what MADE FM.

The hideous irony is that the spinning idiot is the one the general pubic falls for...
Old 05-17-2023, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
She may have spent a little time. I heard cocaine was still circulating around band and associates even as late as 2019 tour. When it's easy to get, and people around you are doing it... people fell back into occasionally. Just like alcohol. It's hard to make a full recovery when it's in your face, especially if it was part of a person's history...you like the confidence it gives you etc. I think the 3 brits had a very hard time quitting stuff completely.

--Lis
Old 05-17-2023, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
She may have spent a little time. I heard cocaine was still circulating around band and associates even as late as 2019 tour. When it's easy to get, and people around you are doing it... people fell back into occasionally. Just like alcohol. It's hard to make a full recovery when it's in your face, especially if it was part of a person's history...you like the confidence it gives you etc. I think the 3 brits had a very hard time quitting stuff completely.

--Lis
Well it's kind of like every tour since The Dance, where they weren't drinking and drugging anymore.
Old 05-17-2023, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I 100% agree. I wasn’t saying that drinking and drug use negatively impacted her work. It’s evident by pretty much all her musical work that drinking and drugs never negatively impacted her music. Her solo album was great and her Tango contributions are some of her best.

Quote:
Well it's kind of like every tour since The Dance, where they weren't drinking and drugging anymore.
I remember she said during an interview in 2014 when she was rejoining the band, that this will be the first time she’s touring without drinking. She also said the rest of the band members had quit drinking too.
Old 05-17-2023, 08:35 AM

Quote:
I 100% agree. I wasn’t saying that drinking and drug use negatively impacted her work. It’s evident by pretty much all her musical work that drinking and drugs never negatively impacted her music. Her solo album was great and her Tango contributions are some of her best.

I remember she said during an interview in 2014 when she was rejoining the band, that this will be the first time she’s touring without drinking. She also said the rest of the band members had quit drinking too.
By that time, she'd been muzzled. Often times she was honest about the consuming and mgmt. told her... "no no no!!"
Old 05-17-2023, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The hideous irony is that the spinning idiot is the one the general pubic falls for...
Dave! No pun intended, I hope.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-17-2023, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Dave! No pun intended, I hope.
I don't make mistakes. That is all.