User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2020, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
But I still won't be shelling out for a ticket.
Me either. The ONLY way I'd shell out is if $tevie was out of the band, AND Lindsey was back(again, with no stupid goat).

None of them can really sing any more anyway... they should just call it (another lonely) day.
Old 12-11-2020, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
...but I'd love it if he ever went back to a Fleetwood Mac without Stevie. I'd hate that he'd patched it up with Mick (which seems to be the case), but it would p!ss Stevie off so much if they ever did finally give her the boot.
It's far fetched, but not beyond reason. If Mick realises Stevie isn't going to provide him with a buck for the next 3 years, it wouldn't be beyond him to seek one last, half decent payday with a band featuring Lindsey.
I SERIOUSLY doubt that $tevie and Irving would allow that.

I mean, $he's not the boss. Yeah right...
Old 12-11-2020, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
It's far fetched, but not beyond reason. If Mick realises Stevie isn't going to provide him with a buck for the next 3 years, it wouldn't be beyond him to seek one last, half decent payday with a band featuring Lindsey.
I think the closest thing we’d ever see to something like that would be Lindsey putting Mick in his solo band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2020, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think the closest thing we’d ever see to something like that would be Lindsey putting Mick in his solo band.
Obvi. it didn't happen, but I swore before Buckingham McVie was released, Christine was speaking about Fleetwood Mac doing "smaller concerts" without Stevie to play the new material and then do a big tour with Stevie when she was ready.

I think this was in 2016. "Smaller concerts" is printed in my head.
Mick must have realized that he would've faces Stevie's wrath if he and John toured with LB and CM.

That article was probably scrubbed in the Great Nicksian Redaction Purge
Old 12-11-2020, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Obvi. it didn't happen, but I swore before Buckingham McVie was released, Christine was speaking about Fleetwood Mac doing "smaller concerts" without Stevie to play the new material and then do a big tour with Stevie when she was ready.

I think this was in 2016. "Smaller concerts" is printed in my head.
Mick must have realized that he would've faces Stevie's wrath if he and John toured with LB and CM.

That article was probably scrubbed in the Great Nicksian Redaction Purge
She said that, which added to the ridiculousness of the later “duet album” comments.

I don’t know if the decision came from Stevie or if it was simple common sense. It would have confused the brand and shown Fleetwood Mac as something other than an arena rock band. And, if you think Stevie had an ego before, just imagine how big her head would have gotten if her solo tour significantly outperformed a full-on Fleetwood Mac tour without her.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2020, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's really fascinating how honest Christine was at that time to actually state for the record that FM shows without Stevie could be a point to consider.
It seems at that time Mick and Chris were actually letting us know Stevie wasn't doing her part in their team.
I think Mick was saying "young Stevie" hasn't brought anything or Lindsey had to lay the groundwork for her to join them.
It's in the past but it is the history of this band.
And then we'll get a Rumours Anniversary show at The Coliseum in 2022
Old 12-12-2020, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
lol, this part belongs in the commercial thread.

I can see it going either way. Historically, they've always found their way back to each other, if not to complete forgiveness. With the way Stevie is talking now about performing, I could see her saying exactly that: We don't have very much time, we may never see each other again. (Whassamattabaybeh?)

At the same time, Stevie seems determined to never speak to him again; to never even acknowledge their history, which again, is a dramatic statement in and of itself.

The tide does seem to be turning with this. I think the idea of yet another grand reunion is probably appealing to them because they know it will garner attention and satisfy a lot of fans. Breaking up and getting back together has always been good business for FM.

But I still won't be shelling out for a ticket.
Money brings them back every time. Not long ago I was watching those long interviews during the Dance rehearsals. They all sort of gave generic answers why the band rejoined. We know Chris was not thrilled about it but went along so the group would reap the benefits. The Eagles just sold out arenas across the country and so did the Dance tour. Lindsey sort of bit his tongue and everyone saw big bucks. Each one of their solo careers including Stevie was in decline and even Stevie was not a big concert draw anymore. I saw the Dance tour in West Palm Beach in 1997. The Palm Beach Post brought up the point that they rented out an entire floor of the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach yet the year prior Mick and his band stayed at some dirty Best Western along the interstate.
Money makes the world go around. Do you think anyone of them really need this drama? Money makes the world go around.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 12-12-2020 at 06:00 AM..
Old 12-12-2020, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Me either. The ONLY way I'd shell out is if $tevie was out of the band, AND Lindsey was back(again, with no stupid goat).

None of them can really sing any more anyway... they should just call it (another lonely) day.
Lindsey can still sing pretty well. His voice sounds the same as it did pre-heart attack, at least from what I heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Money brings them back every time. Not long ago I was watching those long interviews during the Dance rehearsals. They all sort of gave generic answers why the band rejoined. We know Chris was not thrilled about it but went along so the group would reap the benefits. The Eagles just sold out arenas across the country and so did the Dance tour. Lindsey sort of bit his tongue and everyone saw big bucks. Each one of their solo careers including Stevie was in decline and even Stevie was not a big concert draw anymore. I saw the Dance tour in West Palm Beach in 1997. The Palm Beach Post brought up the point that they rented out an entire floor of the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach yet the year prior Mick and his band stayed at some dirty Best Western along the interstate.
Money makes the world go around. Do you think anyone of them really need this drama? Money makes the world go around.
We share a youtube history here. I was watching some Dance stuff and thinking about how it was on that tour that their shows became tightly scripted and predictable, which gave the whole thing a more corporate air. Most live shows follow a format that becomes somewhat repetitive, but they really lost their spontaneity after 1982. Maybe the TITN/BTM/STC tours were looser; I don't know.

A lot of us thought Chris looked bored on The Dance tour, so your point about her kind of just going along with things is accurate. I think they genuinely enjoyed themselves on the '97 tour, and there was a lot of excitement around it that they fed off of, it was just really different.
Old 12-12-2020, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Money makes the world go around for a good chunk of that band, that’s for sure. What I dont understand is why the heck any of them still have the sheer appetite for the money...enough to scorch the earth and create a falling out like they did in 2018. Maybe Mick needs the cash, but the rest of them are perfectly comfortable and donÂ’t need to do another single tour if they donÂ’t want to. The 2018 tour was so insignificant and unnecessary after they had just circled the globe in 2014/2015.

It’s also infuriating when Nicks agrees to do all these Fleetwood Mac tours at the time and then wines to the press after the fact about how miserable she was on those tours...but hey she’ll sign on the dotted line the next time the opportunity arises.

I have to hand it to Christine....as much as folks wanted her to have more backbone in regards to the 2018 fiasco...she at least doesn’t complain about what she signed up for.
Old 12-12-2020, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

....with the exception of Mick(several ex wife’s, young kids) it may not be about the money. It’s a job that keeps these older folks active because there is an audience that will still pay to see them. You think?
Old 12-12-2020, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
The 2018 tour was so insignificant and unnecessary after they had just circled the globe in 2014/2015.

It’s also infuriating when Nicks agrees to do all these Fleetwood Mac tours at the time and then wines to the press after the fact about how miserable she was on those tours...but hey she’ll sign on the dotted line the next time the opportunity arises.
I think Stevie had a marketing strategy when there's an upcoming Mac tour and it's say something bad about the last tour so that people think they'll now be on their game and buy tickets to the current tour.
I think she said in 2013 that she and LB went through the motions in 2009 and they know better this time...LMFAO!

The 2018 tour was really about promoting Neil and Mike.
Oh Well, Tell Me, Black Magic are long musically but not lyrically so when Stevie sang BMW I didn't really count it as a song for her since Mike was really the star on that. Now if she did Beautiful Child it would've been legit.
But all the same Dreams, Rhi, Landslide, Gold, Gypsy. You really can't do No Questions Asked, Fireflies, or Crystal? Frig, why not Stand Back if you're doing Neil stuff?
Lindsey would have wanted new music for 2018 tour or songs from SYW or Tusk
Old 12-12-2020, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
....with the exception of Mick(several ex wife’s, young kids) it may not be about the money. It’s a job that keeps these older folks active because there is an audience that will still pay to see them. You think?
Stevie said in a recent interview that being active, working, doing things keeps you a young 72 not an old 72, and that she was finding sitting at home doing nothing was impacting her and that's why she's so resentful about it all.

Of course, being at home does NOT stop you from writing songs, or working on arrangements of songs you'd like to put on a next album... hell people have been putting songs/albums together remotely long before covid... sending computer files back and forth you add your part and send to me, I add my part/make changes and send back to you, etc... and of course you can facetime/zoom/whatever to see each other and talk. You can paint at home; you can write in your journals at home; you can have creative meetings with the team helping make a Rhiannon movie/show/whatever ....
so this bs about "can't do anything just sitting at home" is all in the eye of the beholder.

It seems more like when she says these are her last "youthful years" she's referring to her appearance and her ability to still makeup and dress up as the public "Stevie" character she's presented to the world for years. And it seems like the "stuff that keeps you busy" she's referring to is going out on the road
Old 12-13-2020, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m sure 2020 was supposed to be a big year for Stevie. I’m sure there was plans for the jukebox tour to roll out in early spring after he RRHOF induction, but then the world completely changed due to covid.

Then the TikTok dreams thing completely overshadowed “show us the way”....and now you’ve got Mick Fleetwood appearing to try and patch things up at some level without the queens approval....

In her self absorbed bubble I’m sure she’s a real peach to be around these days.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just read how even though Elton John’s “farewell tour” was cut because of Covid, it still made $87 million.
Old 12-13-2020, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey can still sing pretty well. His voice sounds the same as it did pre-heart attack, at least from what I heard.

We share a youtube history here. I was watching some Dance stuff and thinking about how it was on that tour that their shows became tightly scripted and predictable, which gave the whole thing a more corporate air. Most live shows follow a format that becomes somewhat repetitive, but they really lost their spontaneity after 1982. Maybe the TITN/BTM/STC tours were looser; I don't know.

A lot of us thought Chris looked bored on The Dance tour, so your point about her kind of just going along with things is accurate. I think they genuinely enjoyed themselves on the '97 tour, and there was a lot of excitement around it that they fed off of, it was just really different.
Yes, scripted. How much of a psycho do you have to be, to repeat word for word the same “banter” that you exchanged on a very popular DVD and concert broadcast? Isn’t that weird?