User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-23-2024, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
There’s a photo of Stevie leaving the Celebration of Life with Mary, Sharon, and Karen. Stevie fans know Stevie always has her crew with her. I have no doubt Sheryl was there too since Sheryl knew Christine. The only reason Lindsey wouldn’t have wanted to go near Stevie is because he would have felt she wouldn’t have wanted to talk to him and it wouldn’t have been right to approach her.
Stevie said in a 2020 interview that she doesn’t want to talk with Lindsey and that’s fine. She said if it’s meant to, they will. In her stage shows now, she basically blames him for her not voting until she was 71 because somehow he’d be mad with her if she took time to vote or serve jury duty. I think she’s done with him. And the 2021 RollingStone comments from Irving in support of Stevie I think highlight it.

Do I wish they made peace in honor of Christine? Yes I do.
My god, how can ANYBODY not see how truly STUPID she is? She's a moron.
Old 01-23-2024, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Folks criticize Lindsey for being so open to working with her again, but I gotta admire the guy for not being bitter and sour about it the way that Stevie certainly is. She just reeks of jealousy at this point. Her remarks and actions while they were working on Buckingham McVie already reeked of it. It's shocking what a truly ugly person she's become and I used to be a huge fan.
Old 01-23-2024, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There’s a photo of Stevie leaving the Celebration of Life with Mary, Sharon, and Karen. Stevie fans know Stevie always has her crew with her. I have no doubt Sheryl was there too since Sheryl knew Christine. The only reason Lindsey wouldn’t have wanted to go near Stevie is because he would have felt she wouldn’t have wanted to talk to him and it wouldn’t have been right to approach her.
Stevie said in a 2020 interview that she doesn’t want to talk with Lindsey and that’s fine. She said if it’s meant to, they will. In her stage shows now, she basically blames him for her not voting until she was 71 because somehow he’d be mad with her if she took time to vote or serve jury duty. I think she’s done with him. And the 2021 RollingStone comments from Irving in support of Stevie I think highlight it.

Do I wish they made peace in honor of Christine? Yes I do.
Her whole take about their living/working arrangement when they first moved to LA has taken a 360 in reverse. Literally for years, up to 2013 she would explain that yes, she waitressed while Lindsey worked on music. She was fine with that because she knew how talented Lindsey was and it was more important for him to dedicate his time to their music while she worked during the day.

After the events of 2018 - all the resentful remarks started and it became a whole different story. I'm waiting for the day she tells an arena of 15k people that it was her dad who owned the coffee plant and gave them the space to record with the 4-track machine she purchased.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-23-2024 at 03:58 PM..
Old 01-23-2024, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
My god, how can ANYBODY not see how truly STUPID she is? She's a moron.
What I wouldn't give for 30 minutes with Dan Perfect and a cup of truth tea. Although, Christine had too much class. I doubt she ever aired too much dirty FM laundry.
Old 01-23-2024, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
What I wouldn't give for 30 minutes with Dan Perfect and a cup of truth tea. Although, Christine had too much class. I doubt she ever aired too much dirty FM laundry.
Her brother John knew/knows far more than Dan. and Chris did air a little when she got fed up. we all would...

and I admire LB also for his seeming willingness to move past whatever happened. i'm sure he can be ass at times, but i just wonder what it was that made her totally despise him.

--Lis
Old 01-23-2024, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Probably his talent

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 01-24-2024, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think as she’s gotten older, she resents that so much of her success is directly tied to him and Fleetwood Mac. It’s been 20+ years since she’s performed a lot of her solo work I.e Rooms on Fire…but she’s always expected to do Dreams, Rhiannon, Gypsy, Gold Dust Woman etc. Today those songs are the bedrock of her solo setlists. Talk to me, Has Anyone Ever, How Still My Love….are not.

Lindsey’s decisions are largely made through the lens of an artist. Stevie is spending her final years portraying the character she created 40+ years ago as a member of Fleetwood Mac. Her dedication over the years has shifted from the music to the persona.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
Probably his talent
I think she probably said during tour negotiations in 2017: “I just filled the same arenas for this upcoming Fleetwood Mac tour on my solo tour this past year so I don’t need to wait for you Lindsey to do a solo tour. I can just go out on my own and play these same arenas again. Fleetwood Mac needs me in order to have a successful tour.” And I think Lindsey probably said in response “You wouldn’t have been in Fleetwood Mac if they didn’t hear my guitar work.” And then she wanted him terminated.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think she probably said during tour negotiations in 2017: “I just filled the same arenas for this upcoming Fleetwood Mac tour on my solo tour this past year so I don’t need to wait for you Lindsey to do a solo tour. I can just go out on my own and play these same arenas again. Fleetwood Mac needs me in order to have a successful tour.” And I think Lindsey probably said in response “You wouldn’t have been in Fleetwood Mac if they didn’t hear my guitar work.” And then she wanted him terminated.
But she didn't really fill those arenas on her own, it was a co-bill tour with The Pretenders. I also don't see Lindsey making that kind of a comment at this point in time.

She saw Mick, Christine, John, and Lindsey having that laugh together (it was actually Christine who motioned to Mick and pointed to her watch!) out of the corner of her eye during the Music Cares speech and it completely set her off. Instead of being mad at the entire band, she pinned it on Lindsey because she was already mad about the issue he had with what music they would walk out on stage to. Flash forward to tour negotiations and she decided she wasn't going to negotiate one ioda and eventually gave Mick the him or I decision.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-24-2024 at 01:06 PM..
Old 01-24-2024, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just to reiterate how stupid all of this was, here's a second by second recap. They're all standing like statues...as Stevie approaches the 5 minute mark, Christine starts tapping her watch. This whole debacle has little to do with Lindsey and more about the fact that the ENTIRE rest of the band didn't appreciate her 10 minute speech when the rest of them kept their words to an acceptable length. Not Stevie, she made them stand awkwardly while she held court. She made this about Lindsey (because that's the easiest getaway car) instead of admitting she was pissed at all of them, including her "best friend in the whole world, Christine" So that's my takedown of the 2018 bullsh*t. Arguably the dumbest argument in Fleetwood Mac history.

Of course she never wants to share the stage with Lindsey again because she realized that Lindsey and the rest of the band had no issue in calling her out on her own BS. For the first time since 2003 - she was outnumbered. There was only one way to restore the balance of power.

Then Lindsey reacts with a laugh:

Christine is visibly laughing as Lindsey does a quick dance move:

Mick: by god how long is she going to make us stand here

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-24-2024 at 01:36 PM..
Old 01-24-2024, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This whole debacle has little to do with Lindsey and more about the fact that the ENTIRE rest of the band didn't appreciate her 10 minute speech when the rest of them kept their words to an acceptable length.
Yes, completely. But if a member of my band spends ten minutes talking about herself at a group event, I’m going to show the political intelligence to stand very still and then take the mic and do exactly what that other person did: aggrandize myself and push my own memories and experiences forward and ignore the collective — for another ten minutes. I would have completely counterbalanced Stevie’s ego display with a display of my own. It wouldn’t have made for very interesting TV, but she wouldn’t have had a leg to stand on if she had tried to complain about me.

The others have never put the connection together and have never had the political intelligence to handle Stevie by being Stevie or taking her at her word.

If she was complaining about not being involved in the studio, ask her point blank to supply the keyboard, drums, bass, or guitar for a couple of tracks and tell her you need some rough tracks in two weeks.

If she complained about you in the press, tell the same pop music critic: “She had an interesting take and I appreciate hearing from her. However, here’s how I remember that incident.”

If she complained about how mean your lyrics were, complain about how mean and hurtful her lyrics were (“Rulers make bad lovers” is meaner than anything in “Go Your Own Way”).

Sign a copy of your albums and put them all on her chair at the studio — a big stack of them.

If she’s backstage during the show for too many minutes, cut your song a little short and go to the mic and ask, “Stevie? Will you be out here soon?”

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-24-2024, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Yes, completely. But if a member of my band spends ten minutes talking about herself at a group event, I’m going to show the political intelligence to stand very still and then take the mic and do exactly what that other person did: aggrandize myself and push my own memories and experiences forward and ignore the collective — for another ten minutes. I would have completely counterbalanced Stevie’s ego display with a display of my own. It wouldn’t have made for very interesting TV, but she wouldn’t have had a leg to stand on if she had tried to complain about me.

The others have never put the connection together and have never had the political intelligence to handle Stevie by being Stevie or taking her at her word.

If she was complaining about not being involved in the studio, ask her point blank to supply the keyboard, drums, bass, or guitar for a couple of tracks and tell her you need some rough tracks in two weeks.

If she complained about you in the press, tell the same pop music critic: “She had an interesting take and I appreciate hearing from her. However, here’s how I remember that incident.”

If she complained about how mean your lyrics were, complain about how mean and hurtful her lyrics were (“Rulers make bad lovers” is meaner than anything in “Go Your Own Way”).

Sign a copy of your albums and put them all on her chair at the studio — a big stack of them.

If she’s backstage during the show for too many minutes, cut your song a little short and go to the mic and ask, “Stevie? Will you be out here soon?”

YES!! so many great points, David! It's maddening none of them ever had the guts to do it.

I really hope that at least ONE of them said behind the scenes that it wasn't just Lindsey "smirking" behind the podium. Sadly, I wouldn't be shocked if they sat back with their mouths shut and let Lindsey take the brunt of it all. They sure did publicly. Even on national tv they sat back while Stevie spilled blatant lies, to the point that Christine can't even look up from her hands.

Lindsey was absolutely right that perhaps the Chain was more appropriate for an entrance song because they all had a hand in writing it. It's the only joint co-writing credit they all share. Stevie wanted Rhiannon for the obvious reason - thats one of her career defining songs. He should have suggested "You Make Loving Fun" and then see her reaction.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-24-2024 at 03:15 PM..
Old 01-24-2024, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
YES!! so many great points, David! It's maddening none of them ever had the guts to do it.

I really hope that at least ONE of them said behind the scenes that it wasn't just Lindsey "smirking" behind the podium. Sadly, I wouldn't be shocked if they sat back with their mouths shut and let Lindsey take the brunt of it all.
They really ALL were to blame for "calling her out". But she hates Lindsey the most, so she sure showed him. Old HAG.
Old 01-24-2024, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They called her out every night of the 2014 tour during her Gypsy story time. John and Christine had no issue having full conversations while sitting on that amp, you can't tell me Stevie didn't know what was going on. At one point Christine blew the whistle on Stevie to wrap it up. Music Cares was supposed to be an honor for ALL of them and she pulls the same sh*t again and grandstands for 10 minutes. It's no wonder.

They all had no issue participating in the passive aggressive behavior and continued to do it at an awards show, but then collectively let Lindsey take the fall when somebody finally had a meltdown that was years in the making.

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-24-2024 at 03:26 PM..
Old 01-24-2024, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I realize that I probably sound like Chevy Chase in that scene from Christmas Vacation....thanks for humoring my rants. I've got my Tylenol.