User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Cute pic!!! but i'm thinking..."why wouldn't john think Stevie is hot? Everyone else did!"
It makes you wonder if they ever...
Old 12-16-2004, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksIllume
It makes you wonder if they ever...
Don't be sorry, i wondered too. However, i have concluded that they did not. Based on...vibes? intuition? evidence? Stevie's loyalty to christine? John's seeming "not that way" personality trait, coupled with his lingering love of Chris?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 12-17-2004, 07:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
No, that book was printed up that way, it's not a real signature!

I never got close enough to get her autograph! I was close enough at Great Adventure to make eye contact and get a wave. And in 1997 backstage, when we met John, we got a quick glimpse of her down the hall before the show.

Macfan, pretty cool that you noticed the left handed thing right away. It's weird because in my head now i can clearly see her writing w/ her left hand, yet it never 'clicked'. For me that's peculiar, I'm usually un-healthily obsessive about minor details!

-Lis
Yes, it's surprising that you didn't figure out that Chris is left handed. You usually pick up on every little nuance, even more than me.

Ah, a quick glimpse down the hall. That would have been so tempting. I guess with John Courage around, anything more than a quick gliimpse was all you were going to get.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:23 AM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Don't be sorry, i wondered too. However, i have concluded that they did not. Based on...vibes? intuition? evidence? Stevie's loyalty to christine? John's seeming "not that way" personality trait, coupled with his lingering love of Chris?
Yeah I'd go w/ all of the above. I think sleeping w/ 2 of your 3 male bandmates is quite enough for any woman. There's an interview tape from around 1980 w/ John and Stevie, where he says Stevie must not like him or thinks he's ugly or something-- and she tells him, "John, there's still time." but he says he can't because his wife's there.

BTW there are a couple parts in that photo shoot where J and S are being flirty. In another section he puts his hands on her tush and she pulls them up-- I think that was right before he lifted her and carried her away. In another part he makes like he's about to slip his hand down the top of her shirt; she smacks him and says, "You're terrible!" He laughs but then after a minutes sighs from the boredom and mutters, "I can't stand it." John and photo shoots-- not a match made in heaven.

-Lis
Old 12-17-2004, 02:16 PM

I always suspect LB and CM myself..... They loved each other musically and spend many many many hours with Richard Dashut in the studio. Maybe a 3 way!!! hahahahahaha
Old 12-17-2004, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
I always suspect LB and CM myself..... They loved each other musically and spend many many many hours with Richard Dashut in the studio. Maybe a 3 way!!! hahahahahaha
I've wondered that also. Imagine the shocked look on my face while watching a video of Largo from '79. During Sara, Lindsey wanders over to the piano and plants one on Christine's cheek then I had to rewind. That time he kisses her during Tusk at a U.S. Festival...
Old 12-17-2004, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicksIllume
I've wondered that also. Imagine the shocked look on my face while watching a video of Largo from '79. During Sara, Lindsey wanders over to the piano and plants one on Christine's cheek then I had to rewind. That time he kisses her during Tusk at a U.S. Festival...

And both were really good at "keep secrets". No pun intended!
Old 12-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

Oh goodness. I still think the main way L and C 'knew' each other was in the musical sense. I believe they had a respect and a fondness for each other but anything beyond that....I just don't see it. And let's not even bring poor Richard into it.

-Lis
Old 12-17-2004, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I always suspect LB and CM myself.
I don't think so. I think there was a definite musical respect/relationship between them, but that's it. They were never even really friends, let alone anything more. There are 2 interviews where she acknowledges that they were never friends. I know about the U.S. Festival kiss, but that was just in the heat of the moment. I didn't know about 1979 Largo. I never noticed it. Of course, the quality of my video is so bad, it's kind of hard to see it, if it did happen.

Last edited by macfan 57; 12-17-2004 at 04:36 PM..
Old 12-17-2004, 05:15 PM

I think they were great friends. From all the research I have done, both have said great things about each other. Especially from a music perspective, but I have heard CM refer to LB like a big brother. And I think she even said, he would do anything for me if I asked.

I think when she left, he was a little hurt. IMO, LB loved CM. (in the good way)
Old 12-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think they were great friends. From all the research I have done, both have said great things about each other. Especially from a music perspective, but I have heard CM refer to LB like a big brother. And I think she even said, he would do anything for me if I asked.

I think when she left, he was a little hurt. IMO, LB loved CM. (in the good way)
They have always said pretty appreciative things about each other musically. I think they got along, but were never friends in the sense of calling each other just to shoot the breeze. I'm sure they were all hurt when she left, just as they were all hurt when LB left.

I think after all these 5 have been through, there had to have been a basic 'like' of each other on a fundamental level, or things never would have worked the way they did. I remember Stevie said a couple of years ago that if one of them ever was sick or in trouble, she knows the other 4 would be there in a heartbeat, and I'd like to believe that is ultimately still the bottom line.

-Lis
Old 12-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They have always said pretty appreciative things about each other musically. I think they got along, but were never friends in the sense of calling each other just to shoot the breeze. I'm sure they were all hurt when she left, just as they were all hurt when LB left.

I think after all these 5 have been through, there had to have been a basic 'like' of each other on a fundamental level, or things never would have worked the way they did. I remember Stevie said a couple of years ago that if one of them ever was sick or in trouble, she knows the other 4 would be there in a heartbeat, and I'd like to believe that is ultimately still the bottom line.

-Lis
I think they were less hurt by CM leaving than by LB leaving. As they have mentioned, CM lived up to her end of the bargain of 40 dates. LB backed out of a tour. I would have been madder at LB - but I have issues with the whole 1987 LB leaving

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 12-17-2004, 08:40 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I think they were less hurt by CM leaving than by LB leaving. As they have mentioned, CM lived up to her end of the bargain of 40 dates. LB backed out of a tour. I would have been madder at LB - but I have issues with the whole 1987 LB leaving
I agree that Chris leaving was certainly less of a surprise. But still it must have been weird to deal w/ the whole reality of 'this person is really no longer part of us'. That had to be surreal in both cases.

-Lis
Old 12-17-2004, 08:44 PM

Seemed in concert a lot of interaction between CM and LB as well.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree that Chris leaving was certainly less of a surprise. But still it must have been weird to deal w/ the whole reality of 'this person is really no longer part of us'. That had to be surreal in both cases.

-Lis
Oh - ITA - esp. considering they all knew they would be a HUGE success in Europe if they had gone and essentially in the blink of an eye, their utopia was trunkated and their friend gone - that had to hurt But, that, as they say, is history!!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world