Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool "Gift of Screws" fan reviews

I'm starting this thread because I love reading comments from people I can relate to more than said journalist (even if they claim to be huge Lindsey fans). I got "Gift of Screws" today and I've listened to 3 songs so far. They eff'n rock. I can't really say how I feel yet because I haven't heard it all the way through, but MY GAWD the man still has it. And he sounds really, really, REALLY good. Whatever he's doing to preserve his voice, he needs to keep it up.

Cover: The one we've all come to know and hate (like? indifferent to? eh?).

Back: Writing. (yawn)

Inside album + booklet: All Kristen photography. B&W.

Love the dedications. Especially the last one. Incredibly sweet.

I'm off to listen to the rest!!! Yay for Lindsey in '08/09...he is so back.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

nico,

Is the disc a promotional stamped disc, and is it watermarked?
Or do you think it's the same as what will be released to the public?
And did you get the promotional pictures with it?

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
nico,

Is the disc a promotional stamped disc, and is it watermarked?
Or do you think it's the same as what will be released to the public?
And did you get the promotional pictures with it?

Thanks.
Oh, gawd no. It's the same album you and everyone else will be getting. I just got it early because there's this incredibly cool beyond belief record shop where new releases are often shipped and put on the shelf the Friday before they are released. In some cases, they come earlier- and this is such a case. But I'm a HUGE music connoisseur so I'm often getting new releases early because I have no patience. Same thing with Under the Skin and the live one he just released. I don't know what I'd do without that store. It's the best- you can find absolutely anything there, and if not they find it for you and it's there in, like, a week.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just heard Time Precious Time and I don't understand why everyone seems to hate it. I think it's fantastic and WAY better than Not Too Late for me.

Old 09-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I just heard Time Precious Time and I don't understand why everyone seems to hate it. I think it's fantastic and WAY better than Not Too Late for me.
For God's sake post it on Limewire until we get our copies!
Old 09-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Well, I like it better than Flying Down Juniper, if that helps.

Michele
Old 09-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I like it better than Flying Down Juniper, if that helps.

Michele
AHAHAHAHAHAH! I think thats a given Michele!
Old 09-11-2008, 04:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know! But aren't those first two songs amazing on the album? They really make you sit up and take notice, which is something that a Fleetwood Mac record probably wouldn't do.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I know! But aren't those first two songs amazing on the album? They really make you sit up and take notice, which is something that a Fleetwood Mac record probably wouldn't do.
They feel like a curtain opening.

That's a good thing.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmccarrell View Post
For God's sake post it on Limewire until we get our copies!
I don't really know how to go about doing that. In fact, I am so technologically uncivilized that I haven't figured out how to send an mp3 through email.

But AJ...isn't it worth the wait? I love anticipating. Honestly, I was figuring it'd be mine on Friday, but I was surprised and, like anyone would, just bought it because I hadn't really heard anything except Did You Miss Me? and the 3 we know...I never bothered listening to the songs complete on the "Rockline" interview.

Love Runs Deeper is a Lindsey masterpiece. I adore it. Go Lindsey...and Kristen!!!

Old 09-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered

Quote:
I don't really know how to go about doing that. In fact, I am so technologically uncivilized that I haven't figured out how to send an mp3 through email.

But AJ...isn't it worth the wait? I love anticipating. Honestly, I was figuring it'd be mine on Friday, but I was surprised and, like anyone would, just bought it because I hadn't really heard anything except Did You Miss Me? and the 3 we know...I never bothered listening to the songs complete on the "Rockline" interview.

Love Runs Deeper is a Lindsey masterpiece. I adore it. Go Lindsey...and Kristen!!!
To quote Lindsey, "Don't make me waaaiiiitt, awwwwww, awwww, awwww, no, baby no, noo, nooo, whooooooooooo, haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh, whaaa HAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Whaaaaaaaaaaaa HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Wha HAA, Wha Haa!"
Old 09-12-2008, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I officially ADORE this album. It's absolutely perfect from beginning to end. And much as I love UTS I can't even say that about that album, considering I pretty much hate Not Too Late. But this? Gorgeous. Beautiful. Perfect. I am in love with everything at the moment.

But Right Place to Fade has to have some of the best lyrics Lindsey has ever written. They are so profound and deep.

I think Underground is spectacular. I love how contemplative and honest the lyrics are, but with a pretty melody to top it off.

Great Day is an awesome opener. I am listening to it right now. It's unique in a good way.

Right now, I have to say Love Runs Deeper is tied with RPTF as my favorite song. It has a very "Wall of Sound" quality to it that I can't get enough of. Just makes my heart flutter. I'm crazy about songs with this kind of production and it's sooooo beautiful as well.

I can't wait to see him in perform any of these songs. So happy to be a Lindsey fan, once again I must add.

Old 09-13-2008, 08:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I officially ADORE this album. It's absolutely perfect from beginning to end. And much as I love UTS I can't even say that about that album, considering I pretty much hate Not Too Late. But this? Gorgeous. Beautiful. Perfect. I am in love with everything at the moment.

But Right Place to Fade has to have some of the best lyrics Lindsey has ever written. They are so profound and deep.

I think Underground is spectacular. I love how contemplative and honest the lyrics are, but with a pretty melody to top it off.

Great Day is an awesome opener. I am listening to it right now. It's unique in a good way.

Right now, I have to say Love Runs Deeper is tied with RPTF as my favorite song. It has a very "Wall of Sound" quality to it that I can't get enough of. Just makes my heart flutter. I'm crazy about songs with this kind of production and it's sooooo beautiful as well.

I can't wait to see him in perform any of these songs. So happy to be a Lindsey fan, once again I must add.
Well Nico, thanks for your unbridled enthusiasm for the new album! You're really making me wish that I was listening to it right now. I also wish I had a great record store where I could snag new releases early...(OR maybe a friend who got an extra FOR me and FedEx'd it )

All this talk about how great it is will just make it that much better I suppose. I did order the signed copy which is in transit--it might be waiting for me tonight when I get home. HopehopeHOPE!!!

Keep the reviews coming, I'll add my two cents when I get a full listen. I can't WAIT to see him LIVE--I'm flying to Boston to see him play at Berklee, maybe even catch the PA show. What a great time to be a Lindsey fan!