User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-18-2021, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Ridiculous. The man is almost 72 years old. His name has been in the public eye since 1975.

What are you talking about? Those who liked Buckingham before he got fired still like Buckingham. Those who didn’t still don’t, and those who didn’t give a damn one way or the other — the American Idol TV audience — still don’t.

Glad to hear you agree, since it’s completely true!

That crowd doesn’t care whether they hear the opening chords of “Go Your Own Way” or “Never Going Back Again” or “On the Atcheson, Topeka, and the Santa Fe.” The only reason he is doing this show is to appear on TV. To what end, even I can’t fathom. Probably just some hare-brained publicity thing (as if publicity has ever had any measurable effect on his non-Fleetwood Mac work?).

Nobody watching the show who didn’t already know and like Buckingham will make any “connection.” They’ll sit there and watch an old man sing something and wonder who the hell he is and why he’s on American Idol.

Working with David Byrne — which I posited as an example — isn’t a publicity stunt. Appearing on American Idol is a publicity stunt. Unfortunately, it will fail to create much of a stir, outside Buckingham’s longtime audience. Nobody else will care at all.

No, I don’t, Mr. Literal-minded.

Maybe I’m more rational than you?
Wow- thanks for the sentence by sentence analysis telling me how wrong I was about, well, everything.
Old 05-18-2021, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wow- thanks for the sentence by sentence analysis telling me how wrong I was about, well, everything.
Well, I didn’t want to be the only one experiencing that. It felt selfish.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-18-2021, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Ok, here is the million dollar question. Will they introduce him as Fleetwood Mac's guitarist or correctly as Fleetwood Mac's former guitarist. I hope the truth wins out so people know and especially and band members watching know what they lost. Maybe a bit of google searchers will scratch their heads.......he was fired for dancing?

BTW, he looks great. Many of the comments on here scared me thinking he had botched plastic surgery. He took some grey out and photoshopped his turkey neck. He looks fantastic.
Old 05-18-2021, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Ok, here is the million dollar question. Will they introduce him as Fleetwood Mac's guitarist or correctly as Fleetwood Mac's former guitarist. I hope the truth wins out so people know and especially and band members watching know what they lost.
I say "Grammy winning Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham"

If it were Rick or Billy on the show I'd be very happy if they were called Fleetwood Mac guitarist.

I can't consider Neil or Mike members of FM because they have not made music with FM. And Freedom doesn't count. Because if Freedom Counts, then Robbie Patton should be called a member of FM.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
This I didn’t really know. But allow me this: there’s a substantial difference between seeing a trendy young act sing an old Mac song and seeing an old man who was hot two generations ago sing an old Mac song.

If I’m wrong — and Lindsey is showered with love by TV viewers while the offers roll in — I’ll eat my Tusk.
that's why he'll probably do a GYOW duet with a young contestant - kinda like he did at Fashion Rocks. and they will cut out his guitar solo which is the best part of the song so it will look half baked. as long as it's somewhat ok i'm gonna be happy.

his one tv appearance that worked out really well for him was 2011 SNL when he did Big Love guitar solo part. and also Roadies.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-18-2021, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I say "Grammy winning Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham".
yep. he's Fleetwood Mac's Lindsey Buckingham.

not just guitarist. he's Fleetwood Mac;s guitarist, singer-songwriter and producer. no former bs. Fleetwood Mac doesn't exist right now anyway, so if he's former than Mick and Stevie are former too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-18-2021, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
BTW, he looks great. Many of the comments on here scared me thinking he had botched plastic surgery. He took some grey out and photoshopped his turkey neck. He looks fantastic.
he does not look great. he had work done under his eyes and above his upper lip. besides the botox to his forehead. and his eyes disappeared.

hopefully it will settle by the time Sunday rolls around, but definitely looked off in the Nile interview and even worse for that heavily airbrushed pic.

Old 05-19-2021, 03:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That was more entertaining than American Idol itself!
Old 05-19-2021, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he does not look great. he had work done under his eyes and above his upper lip. besides the botox to his forehead. and his eyes disappeared.

hopefully it will settle by the time Sunday rolls around, but definitely looked off in the Nile interview and even worse for that heavily airbrushed pic.
I disagree. He looks fine. No one looks fantastic on a zoom call. For his age, he looks really good.
I also disagree with you about introducing him as a member of Fleetwood Mac. IMHO, that's wrong because it glosses over what happened. I refuse to "pretend" it did not happen and Mick and the band should live with the consequences. When Nile called Mick a gentle and kindered spirit, I almost closed out the interview. Its another gloss over the decision Mick made. Money over legacy. Stevie over the band. Recently Mick talks like it never happened and started praising Lindsey again. I hate puff interviews. Instead of praising Mick as some angelic figure, why did he not ask "Why would Mick kick you to the curb and treat you like this? Just more pretending IMHO and it annoys me to death. Its the elephant in the room and its not asked about? We just are to pretend it never happened and he is with the band somehow?
(**start playing the song Wrong**)
I dislike the pretending and the best thing for Lindsey to do is to go his own way.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-19-2021 at 06:48 AM..
Old 05-19-2021, 06:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I disagree. He looks fine. No one looks fantastic on a zoom call. For his age, he looks really good.
I also disagree with you about introducing him as a member of Fleetwood Mac. IMHO, that's wrong because it glosses over what happened. I refuse to "pretend" it did not happen and Mick and the band should live with the consequences. When Nile called Mick a gentle and kindered spirit, I almost closed out the interview. Its another gloss over the decision Mick made. Money over legacy. Stevie over the band. Recently Mick talks like it never happened and started praising Lindsey again.
(**start playing the song Wrong**)
I dislike the pretending and the best thing for Lindsey to do is to go his own way.
I did look again at the photo. You're right. He still looks like Lindsey; it's the cheeks that just make Cher pop in my head.
I respect what you say about him being introduced as a former member. But I also think by him being introduced as Fleetwood Mac singer and guitarist, it backfires on Stevie and Mick. By that I mean he's still considered a member of Fleetwood Mac.

I think Lindsey doesn't want to let what Stevie did to him destroy his relationship with Mick. Even in 2018, Lindsey said to RollingStone that Mick is still a great guy.

Ultimately, Lindsey's the one who came out of the firing with integrity. Mac did an oldies tour. Lindsey released his first "Best Of" and it included new tracks.

Lindsey remained an artist and did his first tour celebrating his career with songs never done live. Stevie, Chris, Mick, and John were a jukebox playing mainly songs that were done live plenty of times and songs not written nor recorded by Stevie or Chris (BMW, Tell Me, I Got You, Don't Dream, Hypnotized)
Old 05-19-2021, 07:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I did look again at the photo. You're right. He still looks like Lindsey; it's the cheeks that just make Cher pop in my head.
I respect what you say about him being introduced as a former member. But I also think by him being introduced as Fleetwood Mac singer and guitarist, it backfires on Stevie and Mick. By that I mean he's still considered a member of Fleetwood Mac.

I think Lindsey doesn't want to let what Stevie did to him destroy his relationship with Mick. Even in 2018, Lindsey said to RollingStone that Mick is still a great guy.

Ultimately, Lindsey's the one who came out of the firing with integrity. Mac did an oldies tour. Lindsey released his first "Best Of" and it included new tracks.

Lindsey remained an artist and did his first tour celebrating his career with songs never done live. Stevie, Chris, Mick, and John were a jukebox playing mainly songs that were done live plenty of times and songs not written nor recorded by Stevie or Chris (BMW, Tell Me, I Got You, Don't Dream, Hypnotized)
Not to be argumentative, but Lindsey used to perform Oh Well and a couple of other blues songs recorded by FM, and he recorded and sang live Blue Letter for several tours, and FM wasn’t referred to as a cover band then. BMW, TMATTYD, Hypnotized, and Man of the World are FM songs, regardless of who originally sang them. When Lindsey and Stevie joined FM and performed Station Man, Oh Well, Hypnotized, etc were we supposed to consider them a cover band then? Of course not.

When Lindsey was fired from FM, it made headlines. It’s hard to believe that AI would casually introduce him as a member of FM. That would be rewriting history. Unless there’s some sort of huge announcement before he’s introduced saying Lindsey’s back with the band either recording or touring, which with FM is always possible, I think he’ll be introduced as a former member of FM. If anyone considers Lindsey a current member of FM after he was kicked out of the band so publicly and after he won a multimillion dollar lawsuit against them for not being able to tour with them, then the same logic is being used to describe a certain 2020 election. Doesn’t mean Lindsey won’t rejoin FM at some point, but he certainly isn’t a member right now. Ask Lindsey and see what he says.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not to be argumentative, but Lindsey used to perform Oh Well and a couple of other blues songs recorded by FM, and he recorded and sang live Blue Letter for several tours, and FM wasn’t referred to as a cover band then. BMW, TMATTYD, Hypnotized, and Man of the World are FM songs, regardless of who originally sang them. When Lindsey and Stevie joined FM and performed Station Man, Oh Well, Hypnotized, etc were we supposed to consider them a cover band then? Of course not.
You don't have to say not to be argumentative. You feel how you feel... that's fine
Blue Letter was first recorded by FM; it's a Fleetwood Mac song. Everyday was first recorded by Stevie. It's a Stevie song.

Did Stevie and Lindsey sing new music as well as Station Man and the rest?

Did Neil and Mike sing new music as well as Hypnotized and the rest?

Neil and Mike have no creative history or recording history with the unit of Mick, John, Chris, and Stevie.

And if one says Freedom, why wasn't Freedom performed once on the 2018-2019 Tour but SHN, MM and GYOW were every night.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If anyone considers Lindsey a current member of FM after he was kicked out of the band so publicly and after he won a multimillion dollar lawsuit against them for not being able to tour with them, then the same logic is being used to describe a certain 2020 election.
I await comment on your clause about the 2020 election. Homie? Michele?

For me, calling Lindsey a member of FM comes down to new music. Lindsey is the last one who made new music with FM. Sad Angel is on 50 Years Don't Stop.

I wouldn't call Steve Perry a member of Journey bc Arnel's made new music with Journey. Or I wouldnt call Ace or Criss members of Kiss bc Kiss made new music with Eric and Tommy.
Old 05-19-2021, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
he aged beautifully and looks fine, without having to have much work done. in 2012 or so he had started on hair implants and that was a big improvement. and he got rid of jawls. work he had done recently though is much less subtle and i guess he thinks necessary - maybe it's easy to fall into that culture when you live in LA. or show business culture of never-ending youth i guess. i've seen some people having work done recently that i never expected - they look amazing but not like themselves at all (Samantha Bee comes to mind). you can recognize them only by their mannerisms but looking at their faces it would be hard. so no, he didn't have that kind of work done. he looks like himself, but not his gracefully ageing himself. like i said, hope that video was just too close to whenever he had work done and it will settle. but i will still miss his cute smile wrinkles around his eyes, which are probably now long gone.

Quote:
IBy that I mean he's still considered a member of Fleetwood Mac.

yes, he will never not be a member of Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey IS a lot of what Fleetwood Mac represents. introducing him as "former" takes his Fleetwood Mac 43-year legacy away from him. 2018-2019 "Fleetwood Mac" was a touring band that made nothing new. pretending that past touring band is "current FM" makes no sense. and Lindsey reconciling with Mick got Mick to stop talking about him as "ex" FM. Lindsey always accepted and said that "Mick is weak" even in the height of 2018. he always laid blame squarely on Stevie's shoulders, not others - even though i and many fans certainly put it on the other 3 too. and IA of course.

Old 05-19-2021, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

is Ozzy a former member of Black Sabbath?

yes, Black Sabbath currently doesn't exist, but they keep being on and off. same as Fleetwood Mac. and Ozzy got fired, they had other huge front people, then he came back, then left, then reunited, and on and on.