The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #271  
Old 06-25-2021, 08:14 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,593
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
Nice! They are on Spotify now too, and I expect other platforms. I agree, that One More Night demo is PERFECTION. I've been ignoring that song for years (just wrote it off into the same tepid ballad category at Never Make Me Cry) but her vocals on this are beautiful. Just re-listened to the full band version with fresh ears and have a new appreciation for it.

That Fireflies demo is... something. Interesting to hear them working it out, I suppose. Never realized how important the guitar/vocal harmonies were on that song until they were taken away. Wish they had included the duet version with more Lindsey somewhere on this set (on that note, it would have been cool if that song had more parts for all three vocalists, with it being about the whole band and everything)
and THAT gets to everything Lindsey has ever done for any of her songs. Her demos where it's just her playing piano are soooooo FLAT musically. He puts in lifts with guitar and/or vocal and breaks to make it more interesting. Sara is a superb example on Tusk. And if I've said it once I'll say it a thousand times, reallllllly listen to Storms...he adds so many subtle lifts and build ups to add momentum and multiple guitar layers and MULTIPLE keyboard layers from Christine. You THINK you're just listening to Stevie over his acoustic guitar, with some backing vocals sprinkled through the choruses...nope. There's a whole little orchestra of sounds and swells going on in there to give it momentum. Genius.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 06-26-2021, 08:00 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,308
Default

One More Night is beautiful in it's raw state. I've always thought it was one of her best vocals ever. However, the raw vocal on this is just simply beautiful. I love her trying to figure out the piano parts while she's singing it. What a talent Christine McVie is!!


Fireflies, I love the band version. Thank God Stevie has people help her flesh out music. this has never really been a favorite song of mine. But the full band is wonderful compared to the boring demo.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 06-26-2021, 01:10 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
One More Night is beautiful in it's raw state. I've always thought it was one of her best vocals ever. However, the raw vocal on this is just simply beautiful. I love her trying to figure out the piano parts while she's singing it. What a talent Christine McVie is!!


Fireflies, I love the band version. Thank God Stevie has people help her flesh out music. this has never really been a favorite song of mine. But the full band is wonderful compared to the boring demo.
Yes, the vocal is incredible. I LOVE anytime we hear her play like this. Her piano playing just pulls me in. I am still bitter Smile at you never made Mirage. Yes its a great Stevie vocal and song. However, Chris's piano is insane on the song. Her playing on Mirage was incredible and I miss music like this.

I like Fireflies but musically its pretty basic and repetitive (yawn). I still would ax both these songs and Farmers Daughter to add The Chain and Sisters on the album. As good as the Live album is, 2 of their best live songs from this era did not make the album. WTF?
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which Iím not part of. We donít socialize much."

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-26-2021 at 01:12 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 06-26-2021, 01:22 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am still bitter Smile at you never made Mirage. Yes its a great Stevie vocal and song. However, Chris's piano is insane on the song. Her playing on Mirage was incredible and I miss music like this.

I like Fireflies but musically its pretty basic and repetitive (yawn). I still would ax both these songs and Farmers Daughter to add The Chain and Sisters on the album. As good as the Live album is, 2 of their best live songs from this era did not make the album. WTF?
Smile at You demo is Chris playing piano?! I thought that was Stevie.
Wow. It's a tour de force!

Is Chris playing on this Fireflies demo?
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 06-26-2021, 04:04 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Smile at You demo is Chris playing piano?! I thought that was Stevie.
Wow. It's a tour de force!

Is Chris playing on this Fireflies demo?
There are so many demos and versions of the song so I don't know which you are referring. The track I am referring to is not really a demo but a finished track that did not make Mirage. I find it impossible to believe Stevie could be playing piano on that song since its so good.

I have no idea about the Fireflies demo
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which Iím not part of. We donít socialize much."
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 06-26-2021, 08:37 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,337
Default

Well, I'm glad they released the three cd set at a much more affordable price.
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 06-27-2021, 06:29 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
There are so many demos and versions of the song so I don't know which you are referring. The track I am referring to is not really a demo but a finished track that did not make Mirage. I find it impossible to believe Stevie could be playing piano on that song since its so good.
I was thinking of the one on 2016 Mirage Deluxe. I think that's called Angry Version in Stevie Nicks fandom.
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 06-27-2021, 09:24 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I was thinking of the one on 2016 Mirage Deluxe. I think that's called Angry Version in Stevie Nicks fandom.
After another listen, it does sound like her style of playing. It sounds good but can hear the amateur in it. She is credited on the song for playing piano?

Now we know the reason it never made the album
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which Iím not part of. We donít socialize much."
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 06-27-2021, 12:39 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 13,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
There are so many demos and versions of the song so I don't know which you are referring. The track I am referring to is not really a demo but a finished track that did not make Mirage. I find it impossible to believe Stevie could be playing piano on that song since its so good.

I have no idea about the Fireflies demo
I know which version you mean. And yes, there is no way in hell that's Stevie on piano. hahahaha... Plus, you can tell by the style it's very distinctively Christine McVie.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 06-27-2021 at 12:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 07-03-2021, 05:03 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,643
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
One More Lonely Night. Christine's voice is so crystal clear. Stunning. The rightful STAR of FM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8UZgg5TtI
Good demo. MUCH better than the boring released version. I might even listen to this a second time.

Fireflies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xdOzAm78gM
Boring demo. Flat and terrible vocal. I used to love Stevie's demos so much more than the recorded versions. I never want to hear this demo again. However the Fireflies demo with Lindsey singing on it is pretty good but I haven't listened to it in 2 years.
Reply With Quote
  #281  
Old 07-03-2021, 08:05 PM
ricohv ricohv is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 924
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Boring demo. Flat and terrible vocal. I used to love Stevie's demos so much more than the recorded versions. I never want to hear this demo again. However the Fireflies demo with Lindsey singing on it is pretty good but I haven't listened to it in 2 years.
I agree. That was lackluster, to say the least!
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 07-05-2021, 01:38 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 14,235
Default

Are these new demos part of the three-CD release? I donít see them on the track list.
__________________

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 07-05-2021, 11:47 PM
Andyleo's Avatar
Andyleo Andyleo is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Are these new demos part of the three-CD release? I donít see them on the track list.
No, these are on the bonus 7" vinyl that only comes with the Deluxe box.
__________________
... ...well you could use a dreamer... ...that's somewhere on your side...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtx...hvpBkqw/videos
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 07-05-2021, 11:59 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyleo View Post
No, these are on the bonus 7" vinyl that only comes with the Deluxe box.
Marketing by WEASELS. FM's trademark.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Fleetwood Mac Rumours New Vinyl Record 2020 UK Reissue picture

Fleetwood Mac Rumours New Vinyl Record 2020 UK Reissue

$28.99



Rumours [35th Anniversary Edition] [LP] by Fleetwood Mac (Vinyl, Apr-2011, Rhino picture

Rumours [35th Anniversary Edition] [LP] by Fleetwood Mac (Vinyl, Apr-2011, Rhino

$29.99



60 Great CLASSIC ROCK Hits * 70's & 80's * New 3-CD Boxset * All Original Hits picture

60 Great CLASSIC ROCK Hits * 70's & 80's * New 3-CD Boxset * All Original Hits

$13.97



Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [New CD] picture

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours [New CD]

$10.21



Fleetwood Mac ‚Äď Fleetwood Mac - Vinyl LP 1975 picture

Fleetwood Mac ‚Äď Fleetwood Mac - Vinyl LP 1975

$18.99




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved