The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 02-24-2021, 10:31 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Would you like to wager on Time being rereleased? I would.

Deserve recognition?????? Like when they kept Bob Welch from being inducted into the R&RHOF? These people don't care about who deserves what. Sorry, but they don't.
When I say Rick and Billy and the others deserve recognition, I didnít mean by FM, I meant by the fans. A rerelease would be one way to recognize their contributions. Honestly, I never expected FMís early albums to be rereleased, but they were, so that gives me hope their later albums will be. And if the label doesnít think a rerelease of Time would sell well on its own, then combining it with BTM makes sense. I mean, I would pick up a deluxe BTM in a heartbeat, but not Time. As someone already pointed out, BTM sold better than Live, and Live is getting the deluxe treatment.

Besides, we all know that itís the diehard FM fans buying these rereleases. A casual fan isnít going to pay $100 for the Deluxe Editions... or even the much cheaper but still pricey rereleases. The fact that so many albums have gotten the Deluxe treatment means the diehard fans are enough to justify the label doing this. What can I say, I have faith.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 02-24-2021, 10:44 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
When I say Rick and Billy and the others deserve recognition, I didnít mean by FM, I meant by the fans. A rerelease would be one way to recognize their contributions. Honestly, I never expected FMís early albums to be rereleased, but they were, so that gives me hope their later albums will be. And if the label doesnít think a rerelease of Time would sell well on its own, then combining it with BTM makes sense. I mean, I would pick up a deluxe BTM in a heartbeat, but not Time. As someone already pointed out, BTM sold better than Live, and Live is getting the deluxe treatment.

Besides, we all know that itís the diehard FM fans buying these rereleases. A casual fan isnít going to pay $100 for the Deluxe Editions... or even the much cheaper but still pricey rereleases. The fact that so many albums have gotten the Deluxe treatment means the diehard fans are enough to justify the label doing this. What can I say, I have faith.
Don't get me wrong, I love both Billy and Rick, and have met both of them in Nashville(okay, Billy came into the bathroom, and pee'd beside me, so that was more of an.....organic meeting). They're both nice guys, and I wish them the recognition they deserve. But that doesn't mean they'll get it, especially from the selfish bunch that is FM.

I actually like Time better than BTM. But a rerelease of either better not be more than $20, or they're in serious marketing trouble. A $100 LIVE is a huge mistake for an album that didn't sell well 40 years ago. Dump the vinyl and sell it for $35-40, if you want to move more than a (very) few thousand copies. At $100, I'd be shocked if they sold more that 5K copies. That's a lot of money for something that was never popular to begin with!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 02-24-2021, 10:50 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Valid argument. However, BTM had no Lindsey, and did have two relative unknowns.
I think why they're doing LIVE over BTM is because of the songlist; people in the US see the tracklist includes familiar songs, Dreams, Don't Stop, Hold Me, Sara, Tusk AND Oh! It's live versions... Oh I don't have live versions... I'll get it!


Release BTM, most people in the US see Save Me, Freedom, When the Sun Goes Down... do they even recognize Stevie on the back?
They're like "WTF is this? Pass"

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 02-24-2021 at 10:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 02-24-2021, 10:59 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think why they're doing LIVE over BTM is because of the songlist; people in the US see the tracklist includes familiar songs, Dreams, Don't Stop, Hold Me, Sara, Tusk AND Oh! It's live versions... Oh I don't have live versions... I'll get it!


Release BTM, most people in the US see Save Me, Freedom, When the Sun Goes Down... do they even recognize Stevie on the back?
They're like "WTF is this? Pass"
While this is very true, this logic didn't work 40 years ago, when they tried it then. But I LOVED it!!! I bought it the day it was released, and couldn't unwrap it quickly enough to play it in the car on the drive home. But we're not exactly casual fans here....

I won't buy BTM or Time unless they're super cheap. The original releases are more than enough!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 02-24-2021, 11:07 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
While this is very true, this logic didn't work 40 years ago, when they tried it then.
Well I'm sticking with my belief!
I say the songs were still newish then. Now they're beloved classics.

If Gaga released a live album today of performances from 3-4 yrs ago, Idt it would sell great.

Last thing, this release isnt even the true LIVE album as I comprehend it.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 02-25-2021, 06:48 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Release BTM, most people in the US see Save Me, Freedom, When the Sun Goes Down... do they even recognize Stevie on the back?
They're like "WTF is this? Pass"
Good point, but one would say the same thing about the 1969-1974 box set- no Stevie or Lindsey, no big hits, etc. Only diehard fans would buy these deluxe editions, and apparently enough diehard FM fans are buying them that the label is now rereleasing the albums without Lindsey or Stevie, which is a good sign. I mean, no one expected a rerelease of Live, and yet here itís coming.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 02-25-2021, 07:02 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Good point, but one would say the same thing about the 1969-1974 box set- no Stevie or Lindsey, no big hits, etc.
My personal feeling is that the pre-BN FM music is revered because it's the original FM. BTM is a continuation of the pop rock band FM became with LB/Stevie.

The 1969-74 set is interesting to people as it says 1969-1974; An anthology of years connects more with people than an album they may never heard of, BTM. Plus, if these people listen to Classic Rock stations, they'll be familiar with Hypnotized, Oh Well, Sentimental Lady, BMW.

All of this is just my thinking but I feel confident about it.

I hope you get a BTM reissue. I really don't know what extra tracks would go with it!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 02-25-2021, 11:51 AM
Justin Reach Justin Reach is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 38
Default

I just can't see Mick passing over the chance of making more money from Behind The Mask & Time re-issues, plus i think it would be a bit petty just to leave them out of any re-issue campaign.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 02-25-2021, 12:13 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Reach View Post
I just can't see Mick passing over the chance of making more money from Behind The Mask & Time re-issues, plus i think it would be a bit petty just to leave them out of any re-issue campaign.
If they sell 5K copies, will Mick actually see any money? Probably not.

THEY'RE NOT DOING THIS FOR ART'S SAKE.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 02-25-2021, 01:30 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Reach View Post
I just can't see Mick passing over the chance of making more money from Behind The Mask & Time re-issues, plus i think it would be a bit petty just to leave them out of any re-issue campaign.
Hi Justin. It's not Mick's call, it's Warner Bros. I learned that in the LIVE Deluxe Set thread. If you think about it, it does seem like they're leaving BTM and TIME out.
They did LIVE reissue 3 years after reissuing Tango. Why didnt they go right from Tango to BTM.
Maybe just idiocy
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 02-25-2021, 06:29 PM
Street_Dreamer's Avatar
Street_Dreamer Street_Dreamer is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Eureka, CA
Posts: 745
Default

I never thought Mick's two 80s solo albums would ever see a rerelease but it happened. A deluxe version of BTM is a longshot and Time is an even longer one. I'd be one of the first (and few) in line for both of them.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 02-25-2021, 06:50 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Hi Justin. It's not Mick's call, it's Warner Bros. I learned that in the LIVE Deluxe Set thread. If you think about it, it does seem like they're leaving BTM and TIME out.
They did LIVE reissue 3 years after reissuing Tango. Why didnt they go right from Tango to BTM.
Maybe just idiocy
But they're obviously paying attention to releasing albums in order of declining popularity, and the sales associated with each release. If Live tanks, you can bet that that affects the chances of seeing the masterpieces that are BTM and Time.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 02-26-2021, 06:38 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But they're obviously paying attention to releasing albums in order of declining popularity, and the sales associated with each release.
You're right, they actually did the Rumours deluxe first in 2013, Tusk in 2015, Mirage 2016, and Fleetwood Mac in 2018!

I think the only BTM and Time songs that were put on Very Best Of and 50 Years Don't Stop were Save Me, Skies the Limit, and I Do

I know there were a few on The Chain, but that was 2 years after BTM's release so I'm sure they wanted to highlight recent work
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 02-26-2021, 06:39 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I never thought Mick's two 80s solo albums would ever see a rerelease but it happened. A deluxe version of BTM is a longshot and Time is an even longer one. I'd be one of the first (and few) in line for both of them.
Happy birthday!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-26-2021, 12:44 PM
Murrow Murrow is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I think why they're doing LIVE over BTM is because of the songlist; people in the US see the tracklist includes familiar songs, Dreams, Don't Stop, Hold Me, Sara, Tusk AND Oh! It's live versions... Oh I don't have live versions... I'll get it!


Release BTM, most people in the US see Save Me, Freedom, When the Sun Goes Down... do they even recognize Stevie on the back?
They're like "WTF is this? Pass"
Let's face it, they're doing Live because it's the FIVE!!!!!

After that who knows...
__________________
Reuniting the Rumours line-up just produced 20 years of virtual silence. If Stevie didn't like the heat she should have quit the kitchen.

I know many will disagree - I have no desire to quarrel.

Peace and love everyone
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Christine McVie - Christine Mcvie (reissue) [New CD] Reissue picture

Christine McVie - Christine Mcvie (reissue) [New CD] Reissue

$17.09



Lindsey Buckingham Christine Mcvie by Lindsey Buckingham (CD, 2017) picture

Lindsey Buckingham Christine Mcvie by Lindsey Buckingham (CD, 2017)

$12.99



CHRISTINE MCVIE/LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM - LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM/CHRISTINE MCVIE NEW CD picture

CHRISTINE MCVIE/LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM - LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM/CHRISTINE MCVIE NEW CD

$12.97



Christine Mcvie (CD Used Very Good) picture

Christine Mcvie (CD Used Very Good)

$14.01



Christine McVie- Self-Titled Vinyl LP Warner Bothers Records 1984 picture

Christine McVie- Self-Titled Vinyl LP Warner Bothers Records 1984

$8.00




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved