The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-12-2021, 09:57 AM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 949
Default Lindsey Trashed in NY Post by Opinion writer

It's pretty bad though comical at the numerous errors. I knew the writer was a hack when she tried to give some sort of credence to the Gold Dust Woman Book.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/11/ny-tim...its-hypocrisy/

PINION
Facebook
Twitter
Flipboard
Email
Copy
New York Times’ glowing profile of Lindsey Buckingham shows its hypocrisy
By Maureen Callahan
September 11, 2021 11:49am Updated
Maureen Callahan

Just when you think The New York Times couldn’t get any more hypocritical, here comes a glowing profile of a known abuser, a man who victimized his famous girlfriend-slash-bandmate over the years — but you won’t see one word about it.

In fact, the paper of record valorizes him.

“Lindsey Buckingham Has Survived It All,” goes the headline to Lindsay Zoladz’s profile. Incredibly, this female journalist plays along with Buckingham as he wonders why Stevie Nicks ignores him.

“Buckingham isn’t sure what it would take to get them to hash things out,” Zoladz writes, “but he is open to mending fences.”

How generous of him. How egregious of Zoladz and the Times.

Buckingham’s abuse of Nicks was an open secret in rock ’n’ roll for decades. It was finally documented in “Gold Dust Woman,” the 2017 unauthorized biography of Nicks.

Author Stephen Davis wrote that Buckingham bullied the then-25-year-old Nicks into posing topless on their debut album cover — almost causing one of rock’s true greats to quit before she started.

After the couple joined Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham “began to lose control” over Nicks, bandmate Mick Fleetwood said, adding that Buckingham “really didn’t like it” as her independence grew

He became abusive. Nicks told her mother in 1977 that Buckingham threw her to the floor.

Nicks told her mother in 1977 that Buckingham threw her to the floor.

He tried to trip and kick her while performing onstage in 1980. He also slapped and choked Nicks during a fight in 1987, in front of the band.

“I thought he was going to kill me,” Nicks said.

Yet The New York Times looks away.

Buckingham’s real problem with Nicks, I think, is that she’s a star in ways he won’t ever be. And he’s always been, in my opinion, a nasty piece of work.

To quote the late, great Elmore Leonard: “If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole.”

So Lindsey Buckingham keeps trying to bring Stevie Nicks down to his level. He blames her for ousting him from the band for good, not giving the fans what they want, for being bitter because — wait for it — he has children and she does not.

Over at Rolling Stone, writer Stephen Rodrick helps our so-called Great Man float this theory:

“Buckingham wonders if his ability to have a family in his late forties and early fifties was difficult on Nicks.”

Mick Fleetwood said that Buckingham “really didn’t like it” when Stevie Nicks' independence grew.
Mick Fleetwood said that Buckingham “really didn’t like it” when Stevie Nicks’ independence grew.
Newsday RM via Getty Images
There’s not much lower to go than that.

How can these publications — which pride themselves on being progressive and feminist, on the right side of history — venerate a man who presumes to know why any woman does or doesn’t have children? Who wonders this aloud, with the clear intent of humiliating Nicks? Of making her less than . . . what exactly? A woman? Is Lindsey Buckingham implying that all child-free women are inferior and angry?

I guess it still needs to be said: The reasons women don’t have children can be manifold and painful, or deliberate and freeing. But they are nobody’s business. Ever.

Like all abusers, Buckingham knew just where to hit, because Nicks felt compelled to address it.

“I was thrilled for Lindsey when he had children,” she said in part, “but I wasn’t interested in making those same life choices. Those are my decisions that I get to make for myself. I’m proud of the life choices I’ve made.”

Nicks should never have had to explain herself.

Buckingham should be ashamed.

But I’m sure he isn’t, and won’t ever be, because an adoring media refuses to put him where he belongs: in the shadows, with all the other monsters of #MeToo.


FILED UNDER DOMESTIC ABUSE FLEETWOOD MAC NEW YORK TIMES STEVIE NICKS 9/11/21

If look at the top of the article you cam email the author. I am writing a very strong rebuttal to that hack.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 09-12-2021, 10:23 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,124
Default

Clearly written by a Chiffonhead.

What a one sided piece of crap article.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-12-2021, 10:52 AM
Nicks Fan's Avatar
Nicks Fan Nicks Fan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Metcalfe Ontario Canada
Posts: 949
Default

I sent a long response. I basically called her out on the fact that SN had nothing to do with the GDW book and listed a ton of the factual errors in the book. I mentioned her refusal to tour in 2012 and posted Mick's words in Playboy 2012. Then I added that her attempt to throw him under the bus for an alleged tour delay is a bit much. I set her straight on those 80 and 87 incidents and called her attempt to lump Lindsey with the me too movement and the likes of Jeffery Epstein and Harvey Weinstein etc pathetic. I ended it by telling her she should her do more research before writing fluff pieces with more holes then swiss cheese.

Last edited by Nicks Fan; 09-12-2021 at 10:55 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-12-2021, 12:04 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 13,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I sent a long response. I basically called her out on the fact that SN had nothing to do with the GDW book and listed a ton of the factual errors in the book. I mentioned her refusal to tour in 2012 and posted Mick's words in Playboy 2012. Then I added that her attempt to throw him under the bus for an alleged tour delay is a bit much. I set her straight on those 80 and 87 incidents and called her attempt to lump Lindsey with the me too movement and the likes of Jeffery Epstein and Harvey Weinstein etc pathetic. I ended it by telling her she should her do more research before writing fluff pieces with more holes then swiss cheese.
Well done!

Yeah, referencing something that's unauthorized is amateurish, at best!
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-12-2021, 12:27 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 3,773
Default

Does this surprise anyone? The NY Post is anti NY Times. Everything the Times says, the Post automatically says the opposite. The Post is also famous for going after celebrities in negative ways. When Lindsey called Stevie and the band members Trump and the rest of the republicans.....that was the cue to the Post to go after Buckingham. Its just the sad reality. Howard Stern had Trump on his show more than anything. They even hung out together. Trump asked Stern to introduce him at the GOP convention and Stern declined and voted for Hillary and attacked Trump for his Covid response. The Post started writing hit pieces against Stern weekly. Its all so Jr High. Just remember the Post is a tabloid and not real news. If Lindsey praised Trump in some way, they would have bashed Stevie. Its pathetic the way this world works these days.
__________________
Christine on Stevie 1984: "10 years ago she really had her feet on the ground but she seems to have developed her own fantasy world, somehow, which I’m not part of. We don’t socialize much."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-13-2021, 11:01 PM
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Does this surprise anyone? The NY Post is anti NY Times. Everything the Times says, the Post automatically says the opposite. The Post is also famous for going after celebrities in negative ways. When Lindsey called Stevie and the band members Trump and the rest of the republicans.....that was the cue to the Post to go after Buckingham. Its just the sad reality. Howard Stern had Trump on his show more than anything. They even hung out together. Trump asked Stern to introduce him at the GOP convention and Stern declined and voted for Hillary and attacked Trump for his Covid response. The Post started writing hit pieces against Stern weekly. Its all so Jr High. Just remember the Post is a tabloid and not real news. If Lindsey praised Trump in some way, they would have bashed Stevie. Its pathetic the way this world works these days.
Thank you for doing that! I have seen that unauthorized biography cited in more than one article of late. Drives me nuts! I suppose they are going for clicks though, and in this day and age, it seems an article like this will get them. I don’t think the NYT is quite the reputable source it was once considered to be though. I have suspected it would only be a matter of time before they tried to me-too LB. Doesn’t seem like this will be a successful effort though. The article is too hectic and amateurish, was my thought after reading it a few days ago.
__________________

Last edited by Nathan; 09-13-2021 at 11:05 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-12-2021, 03:06 PM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I sent a long response. I basically called her out on the fact that SN had nothing to do with the GDW book and listed a ton of the factual errors in the book. I mentioned her refusal to tour in 2012 and posted Mick's words in Playboy 2012. Then I added that her attempt to throw him under the bus for an alleged tour delay is a bit much. I set her straight on those 80 and 87 incidents and called her attempt to lump Lindsey with the me too movement and the likes of Jeffery Epstein and Harvey Weinstein etc pathetic. I ended it by telling her she should her do more research before writing fluff pieces with more holes then swiss cheese.
Wonderful.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-12-2021, 06:54 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,630
Default

Oh, so Stevie almost quit the business after her musical and romantic partner bullied her into posing topless for the BN cover? Puh-leez.

The sad thing about the “article” / opinion piece is most of the trash it talks has been cited elsewhere either by Delusia Donna herself or by her legions of worshippers…

A classic case of how an assertion, however suspect, becomes widely-held as true-ish just by being repeated. We don’t know what happened at that photo shoot, and it is not certain that LB abuses women.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-12-2021, 12:43 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
It's pretty bad though comical at the numerous errors. I knew the writer was a hack when she tried to give some sort of credence to the Gold Dust Woman Book.

https://nypost.com/2021/09/11/ny-tim...its-hypocrisy/

PINION
Facebook
Twitter
Flipboard
Email
Copy
New York Times’ glowing profile of Lindsey Buckingham shows its hypocrisy
By Maureen Callahan
September 11, 2021 11:49am Updated
Maureen Callahan

Just when you think The New York Times couldn’t get any more hypocritical, here comes a glowing profile of a known abuser, a man who victimized his famous girlfriend-slash-bandmate over the years — but you won’t see one word about it.

In fact, the paper of record valorizes him.

“Lindsey Buckingham Has Survived It All,” goes the headline to Lindsay Zoladz’s profile. Incredibly, this female journalist plays along with Buckingham as he wonders why Stevie Nicks ignores him.

“Buckingham isn’t sure what it would take to get them to hash things out,” Zoladz writes, “but he is open to mending fences.”

How generous of him. How egregious of Zoladz and the Times.

Buckingham’s abuse of Nicks was an open secret in rock ’n’ roll for decades. It was finally documented in “Gold Dust Woman,” the 2017 unauthorized biography of Nicks.

Author Stephen Davis wrote that Buckingham bullied the then-25-year-old Nicks into posing topless on their debut album cover — almost causing one of rock’s true greats to quit before she started.

After the couple joined Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham “began to lose control” over Nicks, bandmate Mick Fleetwood said, adding that Buckingham “really didn’t like it” as her independence grew

He became abusive. Nicks told her mother in 1977 that Buckingham threw her to the floor.

Nicks told her mother in 1977 that Buckingham threw her to the floor.

He tried to trip and kick her while performing onstage in 1980. He also slapped and choked Nicks during a fight in 1987, in front of the band.

“I thought he was going to kill me,” Nicks said.

Yet The New York Times looks away.

Buckingham’s real problem with Nicks, I think, is that she’s a star in ways he won’t ever be. And he’s always been, in my opinion, a nasty piece of work.

To quote the late, great Elmore Leonard: “If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole.”

So Lindsey Buckingham keeps trying to bring Stevie Nicks down to his level. He blames her for ousting him from the band for good, not giving the fans what they want, for being bitter because — wait for it — he has children and she does not.

Over at Rolling Stone, writer Stephen Rodrick helps our so-called Great Man float this theory:

“Buckingham wonders if his ability to have a family in his late forties and early fifties was difficult on Nicks.”

Mick Fleetwood said that Buckingham “really didn’t like it” when Stevie Nicks' independence grew.
Mick Fleetwood said that Buckingham “really didn’t like it” when Stevie Nicks’ independence grew.
Newsday RM via Getty Images
There’s not much lower to go than that.

How can these publications — which pride themselves on being progressive and feminist, on the right side of history — venerate a man who presumes to know why any woman does or doesn’t have children? Who wonders this aloud, with the clear intent of humiliating Nicks? Of making her less than . . . what exactly? A woman? Is Lindsey Buckingham implying that all child-free women are inferior and angry?

I guess it still needs to be said: The reasons women don’t have children can be manifold and painful, or deliberate and freeing. But they are nobody’s business. Ever.

Like all abusers, Buckingham knew just where to hit, because Nicks felt compelled to address it.

“I was thrilled for Lindsey when he had children,” she said in part, “but I wasn’t interested in making those same life choices. Those are my decisions that I get to make for myself. I’m proud of the life choices I’ve made.”

Nicks should never have had to explain herself.

Buckingham should be ashamed.

But I’m sure he isn’t, and won’t ever be, because an adoring media refuses to put him where he belongs: in the shadows, with all the other monsters of #MeToo.


FILED UNDER DOMESTIC ABUSE FLEETWOOD MAC NEW YORK TIMES STEVIE NICKS 9/11/21

If look at the top of the article you cam email the author. I am writing a very strong rebuttal to that hack.
Abuse of Nicks... Are you kidding me... Obviously if he never slapped any sense into her if it did happen... He was probably trying to get her to close her legs.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-12-2021, 01:04 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 5,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Abuse of Nicks... Are you kidding me... Obviously if he never slapped any sense into her if it did happen... He was probably trying to get her to close her legs.
her legs being open or closed and with whom is none of your business and certainly none of Lindsey's business.

And if you think the men in this band weren't also sluts, I have a bridge to sell you

Oh and one doesn't "slap sense" into anyone, for any reason.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-13-2021, 12:01 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
her legs being open or closed and with whom is none of your business and certainly none of Lindsey's business.

And if you think the men in this band weren't also sluts, I have a bridge to sell you

Oh and one doesn't "slap sense" into anyone, for any reason.

Well I made it my business.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-13-2021, 08:51 AM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
her legs being open or closed and with whom is none of your business and certainly none of Lindsey's business.

And if you think the men in this band weren't also sluts, I have a bridge to sell you...
I agree. As much as Stevie's behavior has annoyed and sometimes even disturbed me, I am not at all concerned with (nor do I have a right to be concerned with) whomever she chooses to have sex with wherever and whenever. The slut shaming regarding her is appalling. If in the likely event the Mac men in the Rumours lineup were certifiable man whores, would we react the same way? It's a rhetorical question.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-13-2021, 11:59 AM
michelej1 michelej1 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: California
Posts: 25,725
Default

Mick is most certainly a slut and no, no one has called him on it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-13-2021, 04:35 PM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Mick is most certainly a slut and no, no one has called him on it.
Mick is worse than a slut. Lindsey saved his band and he treated him like ****. He is bad person He would. do anything for money.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-13-2021, 10:59 PM
Nathan's Avatar
Nathan Nathan is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Abuse of Nicks... Are you kidding me... Obviously if he never slapped any sense into her if it did happen... He was probably trying to get her to close her legs.
Wow, even for you, this post sinks to a new level of shameful.

What if someone decided to slap some sense into your daughter/sister/niece because they they thought she should close her legs?

What a level of discourse you bring here. As usual.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Mick Fleetwood - Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green And The Early Years of Fleet picture

Mick Fleetwood - Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green And The Early Years of Fleet

$23.61



Mick Fleetwood & Friends Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green  Blu-ray + 2XCD  picture

Mick Fleetwood & Friends Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green Blu-ray + 2XCD

$18.99



Vintage Mick Fleetwood ‎The Visitor Album Record Vinyl LP picture

Vintage Mick Fleetwood ‎The Visitor Album Record Vinyl LP

$12.99



Mick Fleetwood - Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green And The Early Years of Fleet picture

Mick Fleetwood - Celebrate The Music Of Peter Green And The Early Years of Fleet

$20.82



Fleetwood Mac in Conversation CD / Mick Fleetwood only Interview / RARE 1994 UK picture

Fleetwood Mac in Conversation CD / Mick Fleetwood only Interview / RARE 1994 UK

$11.99




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved