User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-20-2003, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
A:I don't see any of these songs hitting it big on the radio, not that it even matters to me. When the Dance came out the only songs that got radio play were retreads. The public at large is more interested in hearing the old stuff than the new songs. Meanwhile, the Dave Matthews and Limp Biskits are what kids want today.

B:New music from Fleetwood Mac has limited appeal. However, I still stand by my prediction that SYW will sell about 2 million. It is sure to get a Grammy nomination or two, which will spur sales.

C:On a completely unrelated note, Lindsey should wise up and release the Soundstage show as a live album.
A: True. But I think Miranda would do good in Europe.

B: True, too. Could be more if they were showing some new songs (WTWCT, Miranda, RTTG, DR, SG, GB) combined with Come and some old stuff live on television here in Europe.

C: I only wish THAT was true. AMEN again.

Old 10-20-2003, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The public at large is more interested in hearing the old stuff than the new songs.
That`s right Carne and I do believe this is all about image. It`s the groups name which is combined with an era and with certain songs. The new songs would do good on pop radio stations if they achieved some airplay. Listeners then start requesting it without knowing the groups name. So they did with Peacekeeper. It got some airplay over here, still didn't make it onto the charts though. (Which of course means nothing) But on the weekly request charts on WDR 2 it was on top spot during june or July. Say you will wasn't on the radio, and I don't believe it was a single over here. Thrown down was on the radio but only for 2 or 3 weeks. On our popstation WDR 2, which plays pop and rock from the 70's up to today this is the list of FM songs from the last 7 days:
Fleetwood Mac Love shines
Fleetwood Mac Gypsy
Fleetwood Mac Don't stop
Fleetwood Mac Oh Diane
Fleetwood Mac Seven wonders
Fleetwood Mac Dreams
Fleetwood Mac Little lies
Fleetwood Mac Hold me
Fleetwood Mac Peacekeeper
Fleetwood Mac Go your own way
Fleetwood Mac Save me

Still some Peacekeeper appearances, seems someone at the station likes it. I expected TD to do better and still believe it would have been requested if it had been more present on the radio... But of course PK was my favourite single choice from SYW.

Nice to see all of you back here on the ledge,
Stefan

Last edited by stefan; 10-20-2003 at 03:07 PM..
Old 10-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
On a completely unrelated note, Lindsey should wise up and release the Soundstage show as a live album.
I think that could actually happen. But please don't let him noodle and"fix' too much from that performance. It was jaw droppingly perfect just the way it was.
Old 10-20-2003, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by gldstwmn
I think that could actually happen. But please don't let him noodle and"fix' too much from that performance. It was jaw droppingly perfect just the way it was.
Preach On!!!!! AND - they better include the Frozen Love thing!!!!

AND - If I am on tape - you are as well darlin'

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-20-2003, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Preach On!!!!! AND - they better include the Frozen Love thing!!!!

AND - If I am on tape - you are as well darlin'

And I can say, "I KNOW THEM!" Too bad you guys forgot to bring your HI MARISSA sign

Yes, hopefully they'll release it. But, with everything else this band and this man do, we might be waiting a while....
Old 10-20-2003, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
[B]And I can say, "I KNOW THEM!" Too bad you guys forgot to bring your HI MARISSA sign [b]

In fact, I had that very sign tatooed somewhere that they censored!!!!

Old 10-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE]Originally posted by strandinthewind
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by GardenStateGirlie
[B]And I can say, "I KNOW THEM!" Too bad you guys forgot to bring your HI MARISSA sign

In fact, I had that very sign tatooed somewhere that they censored!!!!
Well, when they focus in on you and there's a big blur then i'll be like, "that? was for me" <3
Old 10-20-2003, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never listened to the "Wall of Sound" version before so I just downloaded it. Where is this from anyway? Was it an AOL version or something? I may be one of the few, but I like the album version way better. What's with all these voices Lindsey likes to put in the background music? I hate that. Like what he did with "Smile at You" with Stevie going ahh, ahhh, ahh in the background. It's so annoying.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 10-20-2003, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow WOS TD

Quote:
I've never listened to the "Wall of Sound" version before so I just downloaded it. Where is this from anyway?

It was just one of those versions/outtakes of the song that was "leaked" before the album was released. Boy am I glad that it wasn't the one that ended up on the album. The lp TD is much more appealing to the ears...at least these.

Joe
Old 10-21-2003, 09:04 AM

The Dance took only a couple months to mix. If Lindsey decided to release the Soundstage performance, I can't imagine it would take him much longer than that to mix a stripped-down show.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The Dance took only a couple months to mix. If Lindsey decided to release the Soundstage performance, I can't imagine it would take him much longer than that to mix a stripped-down show.
Unlike The Dance which had at least 12 people performing, there were only three people on stage at the PBS Soundstage (Neale, Brett and LB) for most of the show; Stevie was there for two songs. I noticed other one or two people who appeared to be be playing synth/keyboard offstage, but they may have just been techies, etc. So, I say get to work and put THE ENTIRE CONCERT out!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2003, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Someone is posting over on Mick's site that they're releasing this on Nov 10th. There's no info where they heard or saw this, is there any news around that this is true?
Old 10-23-2003, 02:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Is "Soundstage" the PBS show? If so, will it be broadcast?
Old 10-23-2003, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Carolina Girl
Is "Soundstage" the PBS show? If so, will it be broadcast?

Soundstage is Lindsey's PBS show and it's supposed to air sometime in late spring. It will air on all PBS stations.

Fleetwood Mac has a PBS show filmed at their concert in Boston and it will also air on PBS in the spring. There's some dispute as to whether that concert will be part of the Soundstage series. A DVD of this show is supposed to be released.
Old 10-23-2003, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

One of the production assistants sitting next to the girls in the fornt row told them the show would be aired in March (Soundstage, Chicago). That's all I've heard. I would love it if it was sooner!