User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-01-2023, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

mickfleetwoodofficial
Verified
Teaming up with the two legends @bonnieraittofficial and @sherylcrow to pay tribute to our song bird @christinemcvieofficial at this years @recordingacademy #Grammys. Tune in on @cbstv 8pm ET / 5pm PT

See you soon
XxMick
3h

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-01-2023, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I kind of like that Mick’s playing with Sheryl Crow and Bonnie Raitt. Especially Bonnie.
God yes. Bonnie Rait is an amazing musician! I love this. And it's goat free!
Old 02-01-2023, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
frankly, i don't understand why are people routing for SN to do a grammy tribute for Chris and make this one all about herself yet again? Chris deserves a tribute that's about her, not about other Mac members.

that said, most of these grammy tributes are usually lame, and people who do tribute are selected in a let's say mysterious ways. like when Gaga did widely panned Bowie tribute. so i'm just REALLY happy that there will be a Chris tribute at grammys, and that she's also nominated this year which makes her value and longevity underlined.
It would be great.

I would just like to say that I told Christine that touring is hard, and you have to be in shape. Because it goes on and on for months. And since she's my best friend in the whole world, I told her she needed to work out. Fleetwood Mac is like the army and you have to be strong in order to do it. Oh look there is my best friend in the whole world Harry Styles. Anyway, Lindsey was off making records and I was waitressing tables....
Old 02-01-2023, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And Bonnie worked with Christine, so there was presumably a lot of respect and sympathy between them.
Old 02-01-2023, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
And Bonnie worked with Christine, so there was presumably a lot of respect and sympathy between them.
love the addition of Bonnie R!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-01-2023, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
THANK GOD Bonnie Raitt is doing it! She immediately came to mind when the idea of a tribute to Christine was first brought up here. With her blues origins and vibes of quietly understated power, she's got more in common with Chris than any other artist I can think of.

So glad it's not just going to be Sheryl Crow. I can't stand her.
Old 02-01-2023, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
She did? More info please!
Old 02-01-2023, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
She did? More info please!
https://youtu.be/r1lsnvqGZl8

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-01-2023, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
She also sang background vocals on “Angel,” another song from “Nine Lives.” Sadly, she was unavailable to re-record “No Way” for that album.
Old 02-01-2023, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"The lineup for the 65th Annual GRAMMY Awards® @recordingacademy has been expanded with the addition of an In Memoriam segment paying tribute to just some of those from the creative community that we have lost this year. The segment will feature @spaceykacey Musgraves performing "Coal Miner’s Daughter" in a tribute to @lorettalynnofficial; @sherylcrow, @mickfleetwoodofficial and Bonnie Raitt honoring @christinemcvieofficial with "Songbird"; and @maverickcitymusic joining @quavohuncho for "Without You" as they remember the life and legacy of @yrntakeoff."
Old 02-02-2023, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
frankly, i don't understand why are people routing for SN to do a grammy tribute for Chris and make this one all about herself yet again? Chris deserves a tribute that's about her, not about other Mac members.

that said, most of these grammy tributes are usually lame, and people who do tribute are selected in a let's say mysterious ways. like when Gaga did widely panned Bowie tribute. so i'm just REALLY happy that there will be a Chris tribute at grammys, and that she's also nominated this year which makes her value and longevity underlined.
I see what you're saying but Stevie saying that Chris was her best friend in the whole wide world and than not show up for a tribute seems kind of disrespectful to me.

I wonder what Mick is gonna do on Songbird

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 02-02-2023, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I see what you're saying but Stevie saying that Chris was her best friend in the whole wide world and than not show up for a tribute seems kind of disrespectful to me.

I wonder what Mick is gonna do on Songbird
It's all about $tevie.

Mick is just hoping he can make a couple bucks.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I LOVE the inclusion of Bonnie Raitt, but god, Sheryl Crow would attend the opening of an envelope.

Just because she inducted the band into the RRHOF doesn't give her carte blanche to constantly be looped in on these events.

Lastly, performing Songbird while appropriate how will they work that with a blues guitarist, a drummer and an acoustic guitarist?
Old 02-02-2023, 05:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
Lastly, performing Songbird while appropriate how will they work that with a blues guitarist, a drummer and an acoustic guitarist?
Perhaps a drum vest interlude, just as Christine would have wanted it.
Old 02-02-2023, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
I LOVE the inclusion of Bonnie Raitt, but god, Sheryl Crow would attend the opening of an envelope.

Just because she inducted the band into the RRHOF doesn't give her carte blanche to constantly be looped in on these events.

Bonnie is also a piano player. That’s her playing keyboards on “I Can’t Make You Love Me.”

My hunch is it’ll be a duet with Bonnie on piano, Sheryl on acoustic guitar, and Mick on talking drum.

THE Stephen Hopkins