Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-02-2023, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Honey, Leather and Lace is Bella Donna. Check your meds.
Bless your heart...
Dear Sister Honey,
Leather and Lace was performed on the Wild Heart Tour. The radio broadcast of "Stevie Nicks in Concert" featured the Bella Donna show with 3 Wild Heart tour songs inserted. The point I was making (along with the Largo show that was not commercially released) was that her management limited her live show visuals and audios because of how high she was.
Pay better attention Sister or the hay wagon may pass you by.
You'll go fast like a cropper plane
and then fast like backyard stream
She'll hit you with a fury
Whispering those words one more time baby
one more time
And she says dont let your former golden hair get in your way now

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-02-2023 at 06:30 AM..
Old 02-02-2023, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Dear Sister Honey,
Leather and Lace was performed on the Wild Heart Tour. The radio broadcast of "Stevie Nicks in Concert" featured the Bella Donna show with 3 Wild Heart tour songs inserted. The point I was making (along with the Largo show that was not commercially released) was that her management limited her live show visuals and audios because of how high she was.
Pay better attention Sister or the hay wagon may pass you by.
You'll go fast like a cropper plane
and then fast like backyard stream
She'll hit you with a fury
Whispering those words one more time baby
one more time
And she says dont let your former golden hair get in your way now
You SAID that she added three songs from Wild Heart, then listed three songs, the other two of which were WH songs.

You're as full of caca as $tevie. REVISIONIST!
Old 02-02-2023, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
You SAID that she added three songs from Wild Heart, then listed three songs, the other two of which were WH songs.

You're as full of caca as $tevie. REVISIONIST!
Reading is fundamental
It was written as THEY and not she. They as in the radio concert people or whoever put her 1983 concert on the radio.

Lacking a bit in reading comprehension and Iowa Basic Skills
Old 02-02-2023, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Reading is fundamental
It was written as THEY and not she. They as in the radio concert people or whoever put her 1983 concert on the radio.

Lacking a bit in reading comprehension and Iowa Basic Skills
You're so full of sh*t, we all need boots.
Old 02-02-2023, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No slings or arrows but I could not disagree more. She was awesome here in 1983.
Wild and beautiful and quite wacky. Lots of charm and a few moments of cringe, usually when she said something.

Quote:
Her only rough song was Edge of 17.
Rhiannon was quite rough, too. By the end of the set, she didn’t have much voice left.

Quote:
This was her best performance of 1983 by far.
Not even close! She gave performances in late September and early October that left this one in the dust for incredible singing (although they were just as wacky—in fact, even more so). She recaptured an amazing groove late in the 1983 tour. The early legs never excited me that much.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-02-2023, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There was a radio show in late 1983 national broadcast of Stevie live. They played the Bella Donna concert with inserting only 3 Wild Heart songs....Stand Back, Leather and Lace, and Beauty and the Beast. I think it was recorded in Chicago
Oakland (October 4), but two of the songs were post-production dubbed and not truly live: STAND BACK and LEATHER.

Quote:
Always got a kick of her confused introduction of Beauty and the Beast. "This is a story about a prince who was turned into a beast because we dont know what he did."
She said some . . . uhh . . . interesting things in October, introducing BEAUTY. Once, she even said that Beauty killed Beast and he “rose up” and carried her skyward. She got a plug in, too, for Jean Cocteau’s movie. At one of the stops, she sang the line about “My love is a man who hasn’t been tamed,” and Stevie stomped her little foot and ad libbed “He’s a total fox.” This drew a big, noisy hoot from her sisters of the moon. She was completely enamored of the fairy-tale atmosphere she had created at her concerts. Meanwhile, thousands of kids (and adults) are up there in the rafters, thinking she was quite daft. It was a great time. She really was one of those silent movie queens, embalmed in their narcissism. She was Ziggy Stardust, Theda Bara, and Princess Turandot all come to life.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-02-2023, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Oakland (October 4), but two of the songs were post-production dubbed and not truly live: STAND BACK and LEATHER.

She said some . . . uhh . . . interesting things in October, introducing BEAUTY. Once, she even said that Beauty killed Beast and he “rose up” and carried her skyward. She got a plug in, too, for Jean Cocteau’s movie. At one of the stops, she sang the line about “My love is a man who hasn’t been tamed,” and Stevie stomped her little foot and ad libbed “He’s a total fox.” This drew a big, noisy hoot from her sisters of the moon. She was completely enamored of the fairy-tale atmosphere she had created at her concerts. Meanwhile, thousands of kids (and adults) are up there in the rafters, thinking she was quite daft. It was a great time. She really was one of those silent movie queens, embalmed in their narcissism. She was Ziggy Stardust, Theda Bara, and Princess Turandot all come to life.
Wow, good to know. For overdubbed songs, they were not great at all. The original live cuts really must have been messed up. But the clue was only having 3 Wild Heart Live tracks inserted into the Bella Donna concert. WTF? Thats almost admitting the stuff was too wacky or crazy for radio. BTW, do you remember the Pittsburgh show being extra bad. She was hoarse, spacey, and she claimed there were microphone problems and stopped the show several times. A few songs she sang from Waddy's mic and then Sharon's mic.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-02-2023 at 06:34 PM..