The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 12-13-2022, 02:56 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 14,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I still haven't wholly processed her death, still in shock. The well-deserved tributes have helped. At least we know she was loved. By many. Some kids are "reacting" to "Songbird" on YouTube as if the song suddenly materialized out of a 70s porthole--and they're amazed. They should be.

I just miss her. I know her death doesn't change any outward facts: I never knew her or talked to her. But knowing she was in the world made listening to her songs over and over again an experience akin to heeding advice from a loving, affirmative friend. I felt her voice in real time, as if she were calling to me from across the ocean. Now she calls from somewhere else...wherever that may be.
We're all only temporarily here. Even though she wasn't THE STAR, she was the star. You know it, and I know it. That's all that matters. She impacted our lives in a way that no one else ever will.
Thank you, Christine, for the soundtrack to our lives.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-13-2022, 08:47 AM
Ulpian Ulpian is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
We're all only temporarily here. Even though she wasn't THE STAR, she was the star. You know it, and I know it. That's all that matters. She impacted our lives in a way that no one else ever will.
Thank you, Christine, for the soundtrack to our lives.
Christine was really the main reason I liked FM. I am currently playing the Coventry Carol, of which she did a beautiful version many years ago: it has a horribly melancholy feel but it is a terrific piece.
__________________
-- Mark --
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-13-2022, 08:49 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 14,906
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
Christine was really the main reason I liked FM. I am currently playing the Coventry Carol, of which she did a beautiful version many years ago: it has a horribly melancholy feel but it is a terrific piece.
I love her version of this piece. I'm going to play it now, too.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-13-2022, 07:29 PM
Karlie's Avatar
Karlie Karlie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I still haven't wholly processed her death, still in shock. The well-deserved tributes have helped. At least we know she was loved. By many. Some kids are "reacting" to "Songbird" on YouTube as if the song suddenly materialized out of a 70s porthole--and they're amazed. They should be.

I just miss her. I know her death doesn't change any outward facts: I never knew her or talked to her. But knowing she was in the world made listening to her songs over and over again an experience akin to heeding advice from a loving, affirmative friend. I felt her voice in real time, as if she were calling to me from across the ocean. Now she calls from somewhere else...wherever that may be.
Iíve been feeling this a lot the past couple of days. There is this huge sense of missing her, despite knowing that if I didnít know she was gone, my life wouldnít be fundamentally different than it was when she was still here. I lost an actual family member a few days after her, and it feels weird to say this but, emotionally, both losses have impacted me equally. Even though I never met Christine, sheíd been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. I have vivid memories of watching The Dance when I was 7 and re-enacting the concert with my stuffed animals, and later begging my parents for piano lessons so I could be just like her when I grew up. Iím the person I am today because I was raised by her lyrics. With all of the lovely tributes to her in the past few weeks, itís comforting to know that she had this effect on so many people. Her presence made the world a more beautiful, inspired, magical place.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-13-2022, 10:06 PM
McLamb McLamb is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 65
Default

So happy the last few times I saw Fleetwood Mac, I was right up front. At the 2019 show in Tampa, I was right in front of Christine. Was also up front for Buckingham McVie's 2017 show in Clearwater

Never went to see them during the years Christine wasn't with them.

Remembering Christine by creating a playlist that will easily fit on a CD, at 1 hr, 19 min, 52 sec.:

Honey Hi (from Tusk Deluxe, 3:48)
Remember Me
Red Sun
Why
Hold Me
(Early Version, 5:20)
I Want You (from Christine Perfect)
The Smile I Live For
Heroes Are Hard To Find
Crazy 'Bout You Baby
(from Christine Perfect)
Morning Rain
You Are
Got A Hold On Me
Love In Store
(Early Version, 3:38)
Friend
Spare Me A Little Of Your Love
Everywhere
Sugar Daddy
Carnival Begin
Just Crazy Love
Over & Over


This will also fit on an 80-minute cassette. Songs 1-10 come to 39 min, 56 sec. Songs 11-20 also clock in at 39 min, 56 sec.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Bob Brunning Sound Trackers Music Series Hardcover 6 Book Lot Pop, Metal, Reggae picture

Bob Brunning Sound Trackers Music Series Hardcover 6 Book Lot Pop, Metal, Reggae

$79.99



Bob Brunning Sound Trackers 1970s Pop Hardcover Book Import picture

Bob Brunning Sound Trackers 1970s Pop Hardcover Book Import

$19.99



Heavy Metal by Brunning, Bob picture

Heavy Metal by Brunning, Bob

$7.58



1960s Pop by Brunning, Bob picture

1960s Pop by Brunning, Bob

$7.75



22nd STREATHAM CUBS

22nd STREATHAM CUBS "Songs" Featuring Fleetwood Mac's Bass player Bob Brunning

$96.14




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved