The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-24-2022, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I met Mick, Bekka, and Brett 30 years ago tonight!!!

Eighteen year old Steve conquered the world that night!

Assistant band director saw me and said “I heard Steve met God last night!”

The band director was not amused.

ETA: EVERYONE at my high school knew I was a Fleetwood Mac fan, to the point where a teacher I didn’t know gave me a BTM poster!

What’s weird is I sang a line of “Goin’ Down” with Bekka, and didn’t realize it was a big song in the Fleetwood Mac world. That was an encore with the Dave Walker band, which eventually morphed into “The City,” the Zoo show, and then it was a staple for The Splinter Group.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 08-24-2022 at 11:47 PM..
Old 09-08-2022, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
On and on it will always be, Steve — the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony!

Quote:
What’s weird is I sang a line of “Goin’ Down” with Bekka, and didn’t realize it was a big song in the Fleetwood Mac world. That was an encore with the Dave Walker band, which eventually morphed into “The City,” the Zoo show, and then it was a staple for The Splinter Group.
So YOU’RE the guy who was spotted singing that song?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-13-2023, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

ETA: EVERYONE at my high school knew I was a Fleetwood Mac fan, to the point where a teacher I didn’t know gave me a BTM poster!

Goin' Down? I know The City but not familiar with Goin' Down. Sounds like a song that spreads subtly through Mac history and offshoots.
I wish Mick would just say definitively that the group does not exist anymore. Then we can edit Wikipedia and get rid of all this crap about the surviving members of the 2018-19 lineup comprising a current configuration.

Thanks to Mick and all erstwhile members for the good times.
Old 12-14-2023, 02:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I envy you.

Quote:

Old 12-14-2023, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
I envy you.
I've talked with Bekka a couple of times at a club. She's very approachable.

I've peed beside Billy. I didn't try to approach him! Or sneak a peek.

Mick? Nope. I'm not sure I'd want to meet him. I've always heard that he's nice IF he can get something from you.
Old 12-14-2023, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Mick? Nope. I'm not sure I'd want to meet him. I've always heard that he's nice IF he can get something from you.
I met Mick and Stevie. I met Stevie back stage after a Street Angel concert. She was a bit out of it but we had a brief conversation and she autographed my program. I met Mick at QVC and spent an hour with him. He was great. It was 1996 and he hinted about what was coming up in 1997. He signed one of the Fleetwood Mac books I had with me. He signed it after we spent an hour together, so it was more than just his signature.
Old 12-29-2023, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I met Mick and Stevie. I met Stevie back stage after a Street Angel concert. She was a bit out of it but we had a brief conversation and she autographed my program. I met Mick at QVC and spent an hour with him. He was great. It was 1996 and he hinted about what was coming up in 1997. He signed one of the Fleetwood Mac books I had with me. He signed it after we spent an hour together, so it was more than just his signature.
What did you guys talk about?

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 12-29-2023 at 09:46 AM..
Old 12-29-2023, 09:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
What did you guys talk about.
I was telling him how much I loved all their lineups and Fleetwood Mac is the soundtrack of my life. I was telling him I met Stevie a few years back with my young daughters and they were a bit shocked on how she didn’t look like she did in the Stand Back video. That’s when he told me she is in a really good place and doing well. He said that all 5 of them recently had dinner. We also talked about the Twisted soundtrack song and that’s when he hinted about “Something in the works” He was very cool and I can tell he appreciated my interest in the band.

Last edited by BLY; 12-29-2023 at 03:28 PM..