The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2022, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What will be your Christine celebration?

I haven’t played any of her music or Mac since I heard about her passing. I’m still in a bit of shock. I have watched all the great TV tributes from the networks and read a lot of beautiful words from her many admirers.

My daughters(also big fans) will be over for dinner this Sunday. I plan on playing my 5.1 DVD SS discs of Fleetwood Mac/Rumours/Tusk/Mirage and the Tango remaster cd back to back at a very high volume…….and then The Dance DVD.

Last edited by BLY; 12-03-2022 at 09:07 AM..
Old 12-02-2022, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I havent played any of her music or Mac since I heard about her passing. Im still in a bit of shock. I have watched all the great TV tributes from the networks and read a lot of beautiful words from her many admirers.

My daughters(also big fans) will be over for dinner this Sunday. I plan on playing my 5.1 DVD SS discs of Fleetwood Mac/Rumours/Tusk/Mirage and the Tango remaster cd back to back at a very high volume.
I've been playing songs from In the Meantime and I also played Love in Store about 12 times today
Old 12-02-2022, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wednesday night I watched her 1984 concert, Landover 75 and Young Music Show. I cried a few times.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is such a good idea, to get in the mindset of celebrating her rather than wallowing in the pain. Thanks for this.

So many things. Tonight Ill probably listen to the Songbird compilation on vinyl and watch her 1983 solo concert on YouTube. Next week, Im hoping to get my first ever tattoo, one of the birds from the Kiln House cover, in honor of her. Id also been learning Got A Hold On Me on the piano and Im now determined to finish and be able to play it in full.

In the long term, my husband and I are going to be in Europe this summer and Id love to spend a few days in England visiting important places in Christine/FM history - like the town where she was born, her home in Kent which is now a yoga retreat place, venues where early FM and Chicken Shack used to play, etc.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've also been stuck on Warm Ways.
Old 12-02-2022, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Everywhere has been stuck in my head. It was even before her passing. The Chevrolet commercials have made me sing/hum to this song continuously. There must be like four different versions of the AD. I LOVE THiS SONG!
Old 12-04-2022, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I've also been stuck on Warm Ways.
I've been listening to that while watching the sunset. Even though, she's waiting for the sun, "to come up"
Old 12-04-2022, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I playing my early 70s box set. OMG I never had Heroes on CD. The bass thumping on Angel and the incredible keyboard work. Forgot how psychedelic Coming Home was. I heard things on the remaster that I had not before. The 1974 concert is so psychedelic too. But it was the early 70s and many rock bands had that sound.
These albums are absolutely incredible.

I live near Coral Gables FL and I would love to know about the story Bob tells in the live version of Bermuda Triangle about the guy from Coral Gables. The bass and drums and keyboards are so good together. What an incredible rhythm section.
I am like I am 14 again rediscovering these masterpieces. John is on fire.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I playing my early 70s box set. OMG I never had Heroes on CD. The bass thumping on Angel and the incredible keyboard work. Forgot how psychedelic Coming Home was. I heard things on the remaster that I had not before. The 1974 concert is so psychedelic too. But it was the early 70s and many rock bands had that sound.
These albums are absolutely incredible.

I live near Coral Gables FL and I would love to know about the story Bob tells in the live version of Bermuda Triangle about the guy from Coral Gables. The bass and drums and keyboards are so good together. What an incredible rhythm section.
I am like I am 14 again rediscovering these masterpieces. John is on fire.
You have the bootleg of the Heroes rehearsal disk, no?

They have the keyboard solo on that one.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlie View Post
This is such a good idea, to get in the mindset of celebrating her rather than wallowing in the pain. Thanks for this.

So many things. Tonight Ill probably listen to the Songbird compilation on vinyl and watch her 1983 solo concert on YouTube. Next week, Im hoping to get my first ever tattoo, one of the birds from the Kiln House cover, in honor of her. Id also been learning Got A Hold On Me on the piano and Im now determined to finish and be able to play it in full.

In the long term, my husband and I are going to be in Europe this summer and Id love to spend a few days in England visiting important places in Christine/FM history - like the town where she was born, her home in Kent which is now a yoga retreat place, venues where early FM and Chicken Shack used to play, etc.
That sounds so cool. I didn't know her home was a yoga retreat place now. what's it called? Wickhambreau or something? The Quaives?
Old 12-03-2022, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
That sounds so cool. I didn't know her home was a yoga retreat place now. what's it called? Wickhambreau or something? The Quaives?
Yes, its The Quaives. https://www.thequaives.com/ You can rent out and stay in the Songbird Cottage which is apparently where Christine kept her instruments and awards when she lived there.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even though I have teared up on several occasions I have been dedicated my time posting comments here on the Ledge and other places in celebration of Christine’s extraordinary life. We are so lucky to enjoy the fruits of what she loved to do. I have listened to her In the Meantime album and some stuff from her 1984 album. I have watched some of my own videos of Fleetwood Mac when she came back. I don’t think I’m ready to play “Over my Head” because that is is the first time I’ve ever heard her. With that I’m thinking of starting a thread were everyone can comment on when the first time they ever heard Christine ever sing. I remember that vividly but I think it is not time yet at least for me. Long live our Songbird.

Last edited by J.Miller; 12-02-2022 at 09:25 PM..
Old 12-02-2022, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The first time I remember seeing Chris was watching the Little Lies music video on TV as a kid. At the time, something about her hat viscerally bothered me. (Now I think it may have been the awkward way she was sat at the piano in part of that footage, which is something I analyzed in detail in another thread recently.)

This week I've been playing her on the piano--Songbird, Over & Over, SYLM, Don't Stop, Hold Me, the keyboards on Rhiannon, and of course Why.

Also listening to a pretty little cover of Why that sodascouts and I made back in the day.

But for me it started with Little Lies, and those lyrics are taking on unexpected new layers of significance at this time.

If I could turn the page in time
Then I'd rearrange just a day or two
Close my, close my,
Close my eyes
Old 12-02-2022, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't listened to anything yet, I can't. When I watched the tributes on YouTube and Songbird was played I clicked to the next video. It's so unreal that she's not with us anymore. I'm still in some sort of shock and disbelief. Maybe I will listen to her over the weekend. One of my favorites is Never Forget. I will never forget how kind and sweet she always was whenever we met. And so patient when I couldn't find the right words (my native tongue is Dutch). She was a real classy Lady and I will miss her so much.

As for the band, I think Fleetwood Mac is no more. John is selling most of his bass guitars and even the flight cases are up for sale or so I've heard. Chris was selling pieces of clothing and jewelry. And I don't want them to go on. Someone on here, I don't remember who, said it best: it's over, it's time to let go.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced

Last edited by The Catdancer; 12-02-2022 at 11:14 PM..
Old 12-05-2022, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
This week I've been playing her on the piano--Songbird, Over & Over, SYLM, Don't Stop, Hold Me, the keyboards on Rhiannon, and of course Why.
Good for you, Joe! In fact, I had basically stopped playing my piano about three years ago. I gave it to a friend and that was that. But last week I kept reaching for a piano that wasnt there because I wanted to toss around all these songs were all working through our sadness with. I was getting frustrated, you know? So I went over to Sam Ash on Saturday and bought a little keyboard called the Casio Privia, which has hundreds of lovely patches on it. When its delivered, it will be my Christine-centric piano once again and Ill have great fun with it. I dont think I would have bothered if Christine hadnt inspired me last week.

Quote:
Also listening to a pretty little cover of Why that sodascouts and I made back in the day.
Lets hear it, kids!

moviekinks.blogspot.com